Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Been adding the 8 hour eating window & so far not so bad though to be honest I do not see a difference on the scale. I still weigh in everyday & yesterday as an UD I did have bbq ribs & sweet potato casserole but the rest of the day was on plan & while I went back to work today & did not sleep as much I still went up +3.2 lbs Lord I know my body has not had anything remotely as "off plan" as yesterday but I did not overeat & ate extremely reasonable. Oh well it's water weight & will come off when I do my DD tomorrow. But I did not freak out this morning when I stepped on the scale which is a big plus for me.

Oh well today eating normal & sticking to ID and the 5:2 diet & including 10 min of exercise first thing in the morning & tomorrow will be a DD. Hope I can see last week low # of 123.6 again but not sure. Still sticking to this WOE as least able to maintain like I never have before so for that alone it's worth every bit of suffering on DD
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
sounds like you are doing good hope you get to the low number. I'm sure after your DD day you will happy with the scale again.

Went to target at lunch and got some celery and hummus. I want to eat off plan so bad ,but it is only one day..... I have to keep telling myself that.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
My 2nd DD. A little hungry but having a cup of coffee with 1 T cream. Really helps. After the first DD I was down a couple of pounds. I guess it was kind of like a clean eating really. Then up a little this morning after a regular day of eating. Anxious to see the scale in the morning. Hope it's good.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Good luck Sherry!

I made it through the day, my stomach is growling , but no more eating until tomorrow. Probably ended up about 550, but I ran almost an hour so that should help.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Down 2lbs this morning. woot woot! Hope you all are doing great!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning everyone!

I had a good DD yesterday, the scale hasn't found a new marker but I feel good and slimmer and most important my hunger is in control. Lots of running around yesterday, hope to get some things done today.

Let's have a good one!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Is anyone seeing inches lost? If so, how long did it take to notice it?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all ! Started my 4th week & after yesterday's DD 126.8 which is down from my UD yesterday of 129.0 but still +3.2 lbs up from my last DD 123.6

Oh well I know there are a few factors : tom came & gone, back to work so less sleep in the morning & 1 carby meal for Father's day. So after my last DD

6/15 123.6 DD
6/16 125.2
6/17 128.4
6/18 129.0 DD
6/19 126.8

So not stressing too much though not happy because it's not like I went crazy eating whatever I wanted. I had 1 meal on Father's Day that was "off plan" Breakfast & dinner I was strictly healthy & lunch was half a rack of baby ribs & 1 small serving of sweet potato casserole. No bread/ no dessert/ no seconds/ no extra bbq sauce & up +3.2 the following day. Oh well today & tomorrow eating normal & let's see after Friday's DD where I end up.

If my 2nd DD doesn't get me under 125 by Sat I might just do a meat/egg fast or curt out carbs for the weekend & see where that gets me.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

I upped my carbs yesterday and had a hamburger, no weight change this morning. Plans are 2nd DD in today.

Have a good one!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Changing up my DD schedule a bit. Doing a DD today since yesterday's UD had me at 127.6. Hoping today I can get back to my happy range of 123-125 I do like the flixibility of this WOE in that we can add DD as needed when life gets in the way. Just in case will do a "moderate day" tomorrow so I don't have such a big fluctuation. Hope to see 123.6 soon
Old 06-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hello Everyone!

I popped into this thread several weeks ago and then disappeared! I've still been doing 5:2, but not doing anything but maintaining. I really love the idea of this plan, I just have to figure out how to make it work for me. I don't want to calorie count.....been there, done that(for years!), but I may have to start again on my feast days.

I did the Dukan diet Jan-Mar and lost 25 lbs, & I had talked myself into doing that again, but I just can't. I am determined to make 5:2 my plan and just enjoy it, no matter how small the losses. I only weigh once a week(after my last fast day of the week) and tomorrow is the day. My first fast day this week was not stellar, so I may have shot myself in the foot for this week. I think I had more like 1000 cals that day. We'll see.

I do a strenuous boot camp workout 3-4 days a week. Some days that kills my appetite and some days(like today) it makes me ravenous! I've tried to quiet the rumbling with an egg and a few almonds so far. Non-fat Greek yogurt with oat bran stirred into it is on the menu for lunch.

Ok....I'm going to do my best to keep up with you all! I really want to be part of a 5:2 group. I'm going to cut myself some slack over the summer, but if I hit September and I haven't lost, its back to calorie counting on feast days.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lori, I'm glad you came back! I've always admired your workout, awesome and I know you'll continue to do good!

Pandora, it sounds like you're getting your plan worked out too.

Spydermonkey, I don't measure but I've definitely lost inches, I'm down in shirt and pant sizes. It took me about a month to really begin noticing major, my immediate improvements came faster with the way I felt.

sherrymyra and JMBM, hope all is good for you too.

I think it's a good plan too and and it's doable, I enjoy it and it's not all about fast weight loss for me but being in control and knowing I have a good chance of seeing this through and this being my wol at/after goal . I want this to be my last rodeo.

I think I have just now figured out how to make it work long term for me. It has taken me a few weeks to get back in the swing of the dds and I've also been eating lc within an 8 hour window (I really like that IF too, it's teachlmg me a lot about appetite/head hunger control). I had a dd yesterday and was waiting for lunch today to end my fast and kind of got weak. So, I'm not going to do that IF the morning after dds but will after an ud. Anyhoo, that's my plan and I'm going to give it a whirl. I can always change back. I have 2 dds in this week so I'm getting in a good schedule.

Quite a few doing 5:2, hope they come join in with us.

I will be busy again tomorrow so it will be late when I check back in, have a good one!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
Old 06-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

I'm happy to report that the scale showed me a new low this morning! Only a pound down from last week, but I'm happy to see a different number as I've been going up and down the same couple pounds for months!

I'm off work today to play in a benefit golf tournament for Cystic Fibrosis. One of my golfing friends has a grandson with this disease and I always try to play in the tournament as it means a lot to her to have her friends there. It's going to be a beautiful day. I have a few hours before I go, so I have the washer spinning already. My sister is coming to stay for a few days next Thursday, so I'm freshening the bedding in the spare room etc.

I'll be on the golf course all weekend. Hope you all enjoy whatever you are up to!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:27 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all ! Finished with my 2nd DD this week & down to 125.0 Very happy about that. Today going to eat high fat & about 1000 cal or a Moderate Day for me & hoping to see last week's DD #'s of 123.8/123.6 again. Then back to my regular 5:2 eating plan for maintenance.

This was a good lesson for me on how to fix the occasional splurge/vacation/holiday gain. So far either adding a 3rd DD or doing 2 DD and a high fat day or FF seems to be able to do the trick for me.

Next week I start week 5 of 5:2 & 2nd week of IF 16/8 eating. I really have not minded eating in a 8 hour window. To be honest haven't seen a benefit on the scale but need to give it a few more weeks to see if it helps with the 5:2 plan. But I have noticed that I feel less likely to over do it on an UD when I know I need to wait till 10 am and not eat after 6 pm. I also do agree that I have more control over hunger and food with this added WOE.

Have a great Friday everyone !!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Morning ladies! Sounds like the scale is looking good for everyone! I'm fasting today. I've been looking forward to my fast day really. We have had several dinners and birthday parties the last couple days and I think all I did was eat so it is time for a fast day.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!
I had a busy day yesterday but it was good. I'll say that even though I had no weight loss this morning. It was an ud and I enjoyed 6 fresh fried chicken livers for dinner before coming home. Other than that, lunch was a baked chicken breast with cucumber and 1 oz cream cheese.
I have a brisket in the oven so our meals for the day are almost ready.
I hope everyone has a good one, we'll make it if we just hang in! This time next month we'll be so glad we did. I have my treadmill dusted off and I'm looking at it.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I'm happy to report that the scale showed me a new low this morning! Only a pound down from last week, but I'm happy to see a different number as I've been going up and down the same couple pounds for months!

I'm off work today to play in a benefit golf tournament for Cystic Fibrosis. One of my golfing friends has a grandson with this disease and I always try to play in the tournament as it means a lot to her to have her friends there. It's going to be a beautiful day. I have a few hours before I go, so I have the washer spinning already. My sister is coming to stay for a few days next Thursday, so I'm freshening the bedding in the spare room etc.

I'll be on the golf course all weekend. Hope you all enjoy whatever you are up to!
Woohoo on the weight loss! Enjoy your sister, I wish I had one.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in ladies & today weighed in at 123.2 which is my lowest in 4 weeks of the 5:2 plan ! Today and tomorrow back to regular UD eating followed by a DD on Monday

At this point I just want to continue to maintain between 123-125 & if the scale "inches" down ever so slowly over a period of weeks or months & I don't have to do anything too restrictive to accomplish that then this is definitely the WOE for me.

Figured that if the scale starts to go up like this past week I will do my 2 DD and add 1 FF day. It wasn't bad at all. Since on FF days I had 1000 calories & 87 % fat (Mac nuts & Brie & HWC) I wasn't hungry at all, particularly since it got me to where I wanted to be. FF days are more mentally hard but they are really effective though.

Monday I start 5 weeks of the 5:2 plan ! have a great weekend ladies
Old 06-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
This is my 8th day. Started with DD at 123.2. LDW was 122. So it's been up and down. Today at 122.8. I would say I am not really losing, just hanging in there. Doing UD's Friday, Sat, & Sun. Unless I make Sun a MD. Plan on having some wine today. So I know I will be up but mostly water weight. But I can't live forever not eating or drinking something I know will make me gain. So will see how it goes.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
This is my 8th day. Started with DD at 123.2. LDW was 122. So it's been up and down. Today at 122.8. I would say I am not really losing, just hanging in there. Doing UD's Friday, Sat, & Sun. Unless I make Sun a MD. Plan on having some wine today. So I know I will be up but mostly water weight. But I can't live forever not eating or drinking something I know will make me gain. So will see how it goes.
This is my 2 cents. For me since I am already at goal & low in my weight as it is this plan is for maintenance. I honestly can't see myself losing (ex started 123.8 & today 123.2) & I've been on this plan 4 full weeks. BUT & here is where I love this WOE had I been following my prior eating style (HCG P3) every single week I was doing CD and still never being able to transition to more healthy P4 eating. I was doing between 1200-1400 in calories & driving myself crazy. With this plan I have had an occasional splurge meal and best of all I do not count calories on UD. No, I don't go crazy and I eat to hunger but I've added back all the foods I love that caused me to gain before 5:2.

Experimenting if I want to lose I would need to do 4:3 or possibly 4 UD, 2 DD & 1 FF but that is just me. But again this is my experience & I think since I've been dieting for so long and with HCG and my prior diet the vlcd DD are not a shock to my system but basically just have me lose whatever water weight I retained from my UD.

But give it some time & this WOE may yet surprise you with some slow but steady downward trends. Heck it may even surprise me and get me even lower.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hello! I think I am going to give this plan a try. I am up from way too much indulging this past month and can't seem to reign myself in without a real plan. Usually I just drop carbs low and that'll help me relose, but I have been feeling sick and worn out when I do that lately, so I'll need to try setting else. So, 5:2 seems doable, especially after Hcg.

I will add a few potential pitfalls : I'm recently back to exercising and usually see the scale climb when I do that. I want to keep that as part of my life (another reason I'm not doing Hcg) and will try to keep scale weight in perspective. The other fear is that when I followed JUDDD I gained. I think I was too generous with my UDs and felt so overly deprived on ,u dd's. I'm shooting for moderation this time.

So, considering its the weekend, I'll shoot for my first dd on Mon. Keeping it 2000 cals on the UDs.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hello! I think I am going to give this plan a try. I am up from way too much indulging this past month and can't seem to reign myself in without a real plan. Usually I just drop carbs low and that'll help me relose, but I have been feeling sick and worn out when I do that lately, so I'll need to try setting else. So, 5:2 seems doable, especially after Hcg.

I will add a few potential pitfalls : I'm recently back to exercising and usually see the scale climb when I do that. I want to keep that as part of my life (another reason I'm not doing Hcg) and will try to keep scale weight in perspective. The other fear is that when I followed JUDDD I gained. I think I was too generous with my UDs and felt so overly deprived on ,u dd's. I'm shooting for moderation this time.

So, considering its the weekend, I'll shoot for my first dd on Mon. Keeping it 2000 cals on the UDs.
Welcome Julie !! After HCG this plan is very very manageable ! I find that knowing it's only 2 DD & I don't have to follow the P2 foods but can experiment makes the whole DD very easy to follow. I've lately been doing a whole container of 0% GY for DD & find it more filling & I've gotten more bang for my buck on losing the weight from the UD.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 188.6/187.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 10/19/13
I think I am also going to give this plan a try after looking at the all the reviews on Amazon in the US and UK. I think I am going to get the book The Fast Diet for reference. Anyone else have it? Is it worth getting?
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

julie and ncgirl; and hi pandora, sherry, lori and spiderl!

About the book, I have both and I reference them sometimes but there's so much out on the internet about this plan, it surely isn't necessary.

I have never put this info in the thread for those curious .... The idea behind the fast diet is that you eat normally for five days and then then consume just 500 calories (women) and 600 calories (men) on two non-consecutive fasting days each week.

I had a good day and I'm always thankful. Hope everyone has a good Sunday!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

good morning!
All is still good with me, doing my daily bounce, one up, one down, but it's okay, I'm going to outlast it.

Have a good one!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Another weekend is coming to a close. I played 3 rounds of golf and ate and drank way too much. I'm actually looking forward to my fast tomorrow. Fasting Monday and Wednesday this week as my sister is coming on Thursday and will be here thru the weekend. We have lots of fun, but always go out and take in more calories than we should. Oh well...life is short and 5:2 will always be here!

Have a good start to your week!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:49 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Starting week 5 of the 5:2 & doing a DD today. Need to relax & let this WOE work for me. I need to stop stressing about the fluctuations on UD and focus on maintenance & how with this plan I am eating & enjoying foods. I need to stop stressing about the scale. I do hate the power it has over me & how like today that after 2 UD I was 127 & the first thing I thought was "today's DD will not get me to 123 tomorrow". So will keep telling myself that if it's 123 or 125 or even 127 it is GREAT compared to 248 which I used to be

Why am I so hard on myself ? Who but me notices 2 or 3 lbs ?? I need to be kinder & less judgemental & listen to my own advice that I give so freely to others but rarely apply to myself
Old 06-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, new week for me. Woohoo, the scale moved downward, just .4 but it dropped much lower and I saw new numbers before it bounced back up with the .4 loss. I'll take it as it's been nearly a month since I've been in a downward mode.

I don't really worry about the fluctuations as long as they don't go above my last weight.

I have been low carbing and/or Ifing for almost 11 months now, I was hoping to get into onederland within the year but don't think I'll quite make it. My weight loss has been slow, but considering my age and thyroid issues, I'm thrilled.

I hope everyone has a good week!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Wow, I was just updating my numbers and I've lost a total of 20 lbs on 5:2 since 2/5.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Wow, I was just updating my numbers and I've lost a total of 20 lbs on 5:2 since 2/5.
Congrats