Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning!

Hiya Becky, we're glad you dropped by and hope you keeping sharing with us. I hope your goal with Juddd goes quickly, I think that plan is awesome and wish I could be faithful to it. I have learned so much from the Juddd girls.

So glad you're feeling better Lori and hope you do good in the 5K, I can't even imagine. Fingers crossed for you! I looked at that book info online and it looks interesting, I may download it when I catch up. I'm anxious to hear your results on the run.

I/we am still in the process of housecleaning, room by room, top to bottom. I have the most awesome helper.

This afternoon is my out and about fun day with friends, I hope everyone has a good day!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good (early) Saturday morning!

The cat got me up at 4:45 and I didn't get to bed until 11 last night.....long day, short night!

The 5k was rough, I won't lie. I was quite disappointed in myself since I had to walk quite a bit. My husband did fantastic and ran the whole thing! My boot camp gang was there and cheered me thru the finish line. Right after I finished I swore I would never do it again, but this morning I'm just thinking about getting this weight off so I can do better!

I'll be off to the golf course in a couple hours.....maybe I'll play golf better than I run?

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Good morning!

Hiya Becky, we're glad you dropped by and hope you keeping sharing with us. I hope your goal with Juddd goes quickly, I think that plan is awesome and wish I could be faithful to it. I have learned so much from the Juddd girls.

So glad you're feeling better Lori and hope you do good in the 5K, I can't even imagine. Fingers crossed for you! I looked at that book info online and it looks interesting, I may download it when I catch up. I'm anxious to hear your results on the run.

I/we am still in the process of housecleaning, room by room, top to bottom. I have the most awesome helper.

This afternoon is my out and about fun day with friends, I hope everyone has a good day!
I am going to invest in a copy of the book and delve further into the plan. It really does sound like a great plan for maintainence (super bad spelling!).

I would like to do couch to 5K at some point, you ladies are very motivating!!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Hi! I'm late getting in, I've been so busy I just couldn't settle down until now.

Lori, I think you are the winner, my lord, if I could have done what you did I would be thrilled. Golfing is plenty and it's fun for you! I watch golf, does that count?

Sounds good Becky, this plan is like Juddd just fewer fast days and a littler higher calories allowance but you'll find your way with it.

I've been lax today, not eating bad but last night I had fried chicken livers so that was definitely feast. Back on to accountability Monday.

I hope you guys have a good Sunday!
Old 10-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #545
Senior LCF Member

WOW...I made up for my lack of sleep the other night! The cat was outside overnight and I was in bed for more than 10 hours! I can't remember the last time I slept that much.

I had a good day on the golf course yesterday and I'm heading back today. It is so nice to be out in shorts in October! Some years we are bundled up by this time of year. I hope this means we'll have a mild winter.

DH & I are going out for a run tomorrow morning. We're going back to running/walking intervals rather than just a long, constant run. I like that better and it's also better for fat loss.

Have a great Sunday!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #546
Senior LCF Member

I also had a great night's sleep.

I was thinking when I got up how glad I am that I've not been storing up fat for the winter like the bear, lol. I am feeling thin again, my stomach is shrinking. My weight was bouncing and this morning I am less than 1 lb above my low weight.

I guess another thing I'm thankful for is that I'm satisfied that this woe works for me mentally, not feeling deprived and I think I am learning maintenance along the way, there won't be anything to relearn when I'm finally at goal.

No plans for today, I may go through the linen closet. Yesterday I went through my fall/winter blouses I can wear now, woohoo! A renewed wardrobe.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Plans are for this to be a fast day. So far so good.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Today I can finally get back to plan! Yesterday I was at an all employee meeting for work and was at the mercy of the lunch that was provided. Talk about a carb fest! ACK!! It was yummy, but OY!

I'm feeling like a balloon about to pop. I'm off to boot camp in a few minutes. I'll probably suffer since I haven't been there since last Wednesday.

Hope your week is going well!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #549
Senior LCF Member

I bombed out yesterday on the fast day, I started off with yogurt and when downhill from there with turkey breast, sf candy, cheeseburger. First time since on plan, I ate chex mix and today Mr wants to go out and eat Mexican food. I was so hungry all day.

Plans are to fast Wednesday.

Enjoy your day!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Well, I did well until I got home from work yesterday and then all bets were off. Sigh...I wonder if I'll ever have a "good" diet day again? I ate everything from leftover pizza to peanut butter ice cream that DH brought home for me last evening.

I feel like I'm in vacation mode already. I leave next Wednesday after work to pick up my sister and we're heading to Virginia Beach for 5 days. It's all I can think about and watching what I'm eating is the farthest thing from my mind.

I'll do my best for the next week and then buckle down after my trip.

Have a great day!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

I'm in a perfect situation to see how the program, as written, works for me. I had a feast day yesterday of soft cheese enchiladas, refried beans, 1 chip because they weren't good, a serving or smoked sausage and a slice of whole wheat bread, all of which I haven't eaten in over a year.

Today I buckled down for a fast day and am walking the walk with it. It's going pretty good, I'm busy and have just had a cup of broth.

I hope we have a good day!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Good morning,

I finished my fast yesterday but it wasn't as easy having eaten all those carbs the day before but I did it. I know AGAIN that I can only eat that way as a treat, surely not 5 days a week. But, it works fine with low carb.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

It is raining cats & dogs here and has been since yesterday afternoon. Our satellite has been out since last night so DH is a sad boy. I'm going away for the weekend so I hope the TV comes back on for him!

I decided not to go to boot camp this morning. I just didn't want to go out in the pouring rain. What a sorry excuse! Oh well....next week is another week. Come Oct 22 when I return from my vacation, I'm really going to get going on my diet. I recently had a blood test and my glucose was 106. It has been running around that number for several years & I need to get it under control before it's a problem. I'll be using the Metabolism Miracle. It won't be easy, but I know it'll work.

Have a nice weekend!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Chugging along here, basically in maintenance but okay with that right now. I treated our Son to a catfish basket lunch at a new eatery yesterday. We also shopped for living room furniture. Enjoyed that.

3 rooms to go on the house master clean and I am so ready for that to be over. I think I will have my treadmill repositioned more toward the tv, maybe that will inspire me.

This afternoon is my time out with friends, that will be fun.

Happy weekend to you too!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Hmm....I sat and typed a nice, long post this morning at 5AM and when I tried to post it, I got an error.

Anyway.......had a good weekend with my sister, but we won't be doing the chocolate festival again. Ugh.......just too much sugar! Neither one of us felt good even though we brought a lot of the samples home. I had a horrible drive to my sister's in torrential rain. Wipers on high and couldn't see more than one car length. I got stuck for over an hour behind a jack-knifed tractor trailer accident. A 2 hr trip took me 3.5. I was so glad to finally pull into her driveway.

I'll be heading back down to pick her up on Wednesday for our girls getaway to VA Beach. We are SO anxious!

Not sure where my weight will be till I get back, but I'm not stressing over it. Next Tuesday will be "D" day. I'm taking my Metabolism Miracle book along and I'll spend some time planning my attack. I'll have to make a trip to the grocery store when I return to get my "allowed" foods. I'm really anxious to get this weight loss moving again.

Have a good start to your week!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

I hate when I lose a post like that.

I'm not happy with my eating, it's not terrible, but I need to back off the carbs, I just can't eat them and lose. I think when I get through with this project this week I can settle into my routine again. The best fasting I got in last week was 16/8.

I am so tired but I have my prep work done for my helper to come in and work her magic today. Have a good day!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #557
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am not around much just now as I needed to get back to EOD rotations after the joys of Italy. As soon as I am seeing a number I am happy with regularly, I will be back to 5:2.

I love the idea of someone to help with a thorough house clean and trhow out. I need to be pushed into letting things go.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Lori! Good to see you Cindy! I look forward to you being back with us.

Good deal that we're all tweaking and making plans or getting back to our woe plans because we won't be happy until we are. I began Atkins yesterday until I feel in carb control again. I am doing no fasting this week..

You would not believe my yesterday because I barely can. I had gone through all my clothes and had sorted my keep, gift and dispose boxes. As we were finishing up and boxes were being taken out, I was thinking of how styles change and how my body is changed this weigh down, so I made the decision to gift all my smaller clothes too! I seemed to be in competition with them if that makes sense. I felt they were weighing me down mentally. So, I have no next size down and no next size up. That may sound crazy and it may be crazy but I feel liberated. I don't think I could have done it alone without someone to get them gone before I changed my mind. I am thankful this morning; proud of myself and thankful for my helper!

Today is cleaning a 1/2 bath and rearranging 2 utility closets and nothing in my home has gone untouched.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member

The day has finally arrived! I'm off to pick up my sister this afternoon & we're heading to the beach!

I was going to go to boot camp this morning, but I'm on the verge of catching a "bug". My throat was a bit sore last night and it's still there this morning. Sigh.......just what I need, to get sick while on vacation! Fingers crossed that it doesn't blossom into something severe. I'm going to do my best to fight it off. Maybe the sun and salt air will fix me right up?

I'll catch you all later.....have a good week/weekend!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #560
Senior LCF Member

Hope your vacation is fun! Just a check-in and a thumbs up!

I got back on Atkins Monday I think and I am now solid on my weight posted, 191.6.

I was out and about yesterday and it was all I could do to not pick up fried chicken or fried chicken livers or chicken fried steak, things that I had been enjoying once a week.

I've got to plan those once a month or so again not every week. I can see how my eating was slipping and so I'm glad I have been able to get back on plan and the hunger is leaving. The good thing is I haven't gotten back into sugar. I'm not fasting at all this week but will begin again Monday.

Have a good weekend!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
I'm coming back for another go round my last fasting round was 7/15/13-09/05/13 and i lost 13.2 lbs during that time. since then i've only lost 4 lbs and 2 i put back on. Going to start again on Monday and shoot for 8 weeks if i can see those results again i will be one happy lady!

see you all on monday, i'll be posting in here regularly again!
lexiann21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #562
Senior LCF Member

I'm back! Sis and I had a great time and we can't believe it's over! It's hard to get back into routine after several days away.

Glad you're coming back Lexi! Even though I don't do 5:2 at the moment, I still like to post here. On Monday the 28th, I'm going to start "Metabolism Miracle" to try to get myself in line. I want to get my blood sugar down(106 last check) and also drop this weight. Once I do that, I think 5:2 is a great tool for maintaining.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I'm back! Sis and I had a great time and we can't believe it's over! It's hard to get back into routine after several days away.

Glad you're coming back Lexi! Even though I don't do 5:2 at the moment, I still like to post here. On Monday the 28th, I'm going to start "Metabolism Miracle" to try to get myself in line. I want to get my blood sugar down(106 last check) and also drop this weight. Once I do that, I think 5:2 is a great tool for maintaining.

Have a good day everyone!
thanks Lori, glad to be back!! good luck with your metabolism miracle!!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!

Lexi, I'm so thrilled you're coming back, We'll make it work! BTW, you look awesome!

Lori, I'm so glad you're home and had fun! And, I'm also glad you'll be posting here while doing your new program, I hope it works good for you.

I haven't been fasting but will begin again tonight with a fast day dinner. I'm ready I think. I've been doing Atkins for about a week, no fasting. I hope to pull it back together with 5:2 and low carb and often I recheck my calories with WW pp.

Good luck to us, have a good day!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning ladies!

Lexi, I'm so thrilled you're coming back, We'll make it work! BTW, you look awesome!

Lori, I'm so glad you're home and had fun! And, I'm also glad you'll be posting here while doing your new program, I hope it works good for you.

I haven't been fasting but will begin again tonight with a fast day dinner. I'm ready I think. I've been doing Atkins for about a week, no fasting. I hope to pull it back together with 5:2 and low carb and often I recheck my calories with WW pp.

Good luck to us, have a good day!
thanks for the warm welcome back. i am happy to be back : its time!!! i REALLY hope to see similar results! this will be my third "round" of 5:2. I wouldn't have had the success i've had without it, so thankful to have discovered it when i did!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
thanks for the warm welcome back. i am happy to be back : its time!!! i REALLY hope to see similar results! this will be my third "round" of 5:2. I wouldn't have had the success i've had without it, so thankful to have discovered it when i did!
yvw, It's time for me to get back with it too, I've really had good luck with 5:2
Old 10-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Well, I'm gearing up for my diet restart on Monday the 28th. I need to make sure I have the food I need to be eating stocked up. Last night I tried on a darling jacket that I purchased in the Spring that didn't fit. I'm so glad I kept it, because I'm oh so close to zipping it and it already fits across the shoulders. I know that by the time I get my weight down another 20 lbs it will fit perfectly! I'm going on a trip to San Francisco in January and I really want to be able to wear it.........I shall keep it hanging in the front of my closet for motivation!

Going out for dinner tonight with some friends, so I'll probably overdo it a bit. I'm thinking I want Chicken Marsala which involves some pasta, but that will be totally off limits after Monday, so I'd better eat it now, right?

Have a good day!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Good morning,

This morning I am at a new low, 190.4, down 1.2, it's been weeks since I've lost weight.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning,

This morning I am at a new low, 190.4, down 1.2, it's been weeks since I've lost weight.

WOOO!!

i've been stuck at 202 since last friday, not weeks but still annoying! lol
Old 10-24-2013, 01:45 AM   #570
Senior LCF Member

WTG Cathy!!! A new low.....how awesome!

I'm back on track with working out, but still have to work on the eating part. Monday is D-day, so I'd better get my mind right.

I'd gotten used to sleeping till 7 every morning while on vacation and now it's hard to get up at 4:30! Plus, it's cold in the morning now.....really don't want to crawl out of the warm bed!

Hope you're having a great week!