Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning again ladies!

Good to see you Lexi, hope your fast day went good.

I had an okay day yesterday, got hungry a couple of time last night but a few bites of cottage cheese worked good.

I have no plans for the day, I need to clean in the house.

I hope everyone has a good day!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: This week: NK/Keto
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Hi again, sorry I posted and ran. Had some things come up in RL and haven't been here in several weeks. Interestingly, because of those things, I decided to go full on ketogenic. Did I lose anything? No. Zip, nada, nothing.

I think it's because although keeping my carbs pretty low, I was still probably getting in too many calories. So, I fired up my look-alike WW app and am going to try what I posted here I would. Doing low carb, using Weight Watchers points and throwing in 5:2 (Monday and Friday).

Lexiann, since you're the Fearless Leader of WW/5:2, you should start a thread for us. Posting here and on the WW thread is double work. I nominate you to begin a thread for us. What does everyone else think? I'm going to copy this on the WW thread, too.

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 09-04-2013 at 07:45 AM..
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #453
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Saw 128.2 this morning which was nice. I need to get below that 126 to feel happy.

Good to see you Nilla, are you trying to kill this thread???? (This is an old joke, and you had to be there to understand it. )

Sorry you didn't have success trying ketogenic. I find I just have to watch my calories no matter what I choose to eat. I am keeping them pretty low even on my feast days as I feel really bloated just now.

Last edited by Kissa; 09-04-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/210.6/175
WOE: diet/exercise
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Good morning again ladies!

Good to see you Lexi, hope your fast day went good.

I had an okay day yesterday, got hungry a couple of time last night but a few bites of cottage cheese worked good.

I have no plans for the day, I need to clean in the house.

It went pretty well! glad yours was good!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Hi again, sorry I posted and ran. Had some things come up in RL and haven't been here in several weeks. Interestingly, because of those things, I decided to go full on ketogenic. Did I lose anything? No. Zip, nada, nothing.

I think it's because although keeping my carbs pretty low, I was still probably getting in too many calories. So, I fired up my look-alike WW app and am going to try what I posted here I would. Doing low carb, using Weight Watchers points and throwing in 5:2 (Monday and Friday).

Lexiann, since you're the Fearless Leader of WW/5:2, you should start a thread for us. Posting here and on the WW thread is double work. I nominate you to begin a thread for us. What does everyone else think? I'm going to copy this on the WW thread, too.
lol, funny you should mention that. ive actually been considering taking a break from 5:2 and really stepping up my workouts. i cant workout on fast days, for one i dont have the energy and for two i just think thats too much on a body. I LOVE 5:2 dont get me wrong. but i think little breaks from it here and there will help me over all. i'll still be posting and checking though and am definitely still following my weight watcher plan.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Saw 128.2 this morning which was nice. I need to get below that 126 to feel happy.

Good to see you Nilla, are you trying to kill this thread???? (This is an old joke, and you had to be there to understand it. )

Sorry you didn't have success trying ketogenic. I find I just have to watch my calories no matter what I choose to eat. I am keeping them pretty low even on my feast days as I feel really bloated just now.
Why, yes. Yes, I am.

I'm still going to watch the carbs even doing WW. I just need the calorie accountability! You know I adore JUDDD, but since that blasted surgery, I haven't been able to lose anything no matter what I do. It's maddening!! I just have to tell myself that my body doesn't need nearly the amount of food that my head thinks it does!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
lol, funny you should mention that. ive actually been considering taking a break from 5:2 and really stepping up my workouts. i cant workout on fast days, for one i dont have the energy and for two i just think thats too much on a body. I LOVE 5:2 dont get me wrong. but i think little breaks from it here and there will help me over all. i'll still be posting and checking though and am definitely still following my weight watcher plan.
Oh, all right. Just kidding!!!!! I did JUDDD (too many times to count, but loved it) and I'm not going to be strict with the 5:2. Figure it might be a nice twist to keep my body guessing, because I seriously think it's accustomed to any "diet" I do and rebels like crazy!

So, I think I'll just post mainly on the WW thread as well. I like tracking your progress! You've done great since I was last here!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Oh, all right. Just kidding!!!!! I did JUDDD (too many times to count, but loved it) and I'm not going to be strict with the 5:2. Figure it might be a nice twist to keep my body guessing, because I seriously think it's accustomed to any "diet" I do and rebels like crazy!

So, I think I'll just post mainly on the WW thread as well. I like tracking your progress! You've done great since I was last here!
thanks, i really do appreciate that... today marks 6 months for me. i've never stuck to any eating plan or regular exercise plan for that long in my life... im so close to onderland i can taste it. GIMME!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Saw 128.2 this morning which was nice. I need to get below that 126 to feel happy

That's awesome Cindy! I remember you gave me instructions to multi quote eons ago but I forgot how :

I LOVE 5:2 dont get me wrong. but i think little breaks from it here and there will help me over all. i'll still be posting and checking though and am definitely still following my weight watcher plan.

I know you'll do good Lexi, keep checking in!

Lori, missing you today!

Good luck with your plan vanilla!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
Old 09-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Saw 128.2 this morning which was nice. I need to get below that 126 to feel happy

That's awesome Cindy! I remember you gave me instructions to multi quote eons ago but I forgot how :

I LOVE 5:2 dont get me wrong. but i think little breaks from it here and there will help me over all. i'll still be posting and checking though and am definitely still following my weight watcher plan.

I know you'll do good Lexi, keep checking in!

Lori, missing you today!

Good luck with your plan vanilla!

i will keep checking in!!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/190.5/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Well, after only 2 days of staying away from sugar & bread, I'm within 1/2 lb of my lowest weight this year! I can't wait to be able to change my stats on the side bar! So, that's 3 lbs gone this week! I know my weight on Tuesday was "bloated" as I had a weekend of golf and beer. But, it sure was nice to see a 3 lb loss this morning!

My shoulders and triceps were so sore yesterday from Tuesday's workout. Hubby and I went out for a run yesterday morning, but today its back to boot camp. I'm sure it'll be tough...it always is!

Tonight after work is our annual company clambake. I'm in charge so I'm always glad when it is over and everything has gone ok. I'll have plenty of good food to choose from. Steamed clams(yuck) & shrimp(yum), grilled chicken. I'll just have to stay away from the macaroni salad, baked beans & of course the chocolate cake with peanut butter icing! We'll also have fresh veggies & dip. I know I'll have some bites of things that I shouldn't, but I won't overdo it.

Well.....I sure have written a book here! Hope you all have a fabulous day. Tomorrow is Friday!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Well, after only 2 days of staying away from sugar & bread, I'm within 1/2 lb of my lowest weight this year! I can't wait to be able to change my stats on the side bar! So, that's 3 lbs gone this week! I know my weight on Tuesday was "bloated" as I had a weekend of golf and beer. But, it sure was nice to see a 3 lb loss this morning!

My shoulders and triceps were so sore yesterday from Tuesday's workout. Hubby and I went out for a run yesterday morning, but today its back to boot camp. I'm sure it'll be tough...it always is!

Tonight after work is our annual company clambake. I'm in charge so I'm always glad when it is over and everything has gone ok. I'll have plenty of good food to choose from. Steamed clams(yuck) & shrimp(yum), grilled chicken. I'll just have to stay away from the macaroni salad, baked beans & of course the chocolate cake with peanut butter icing! We'll also have fresh veggies & dip. I know I'll have some bites of things that I shouldn't, but I won't overdo it.

Well.....I sure have written a book here! Hope you all have a fabulous day. Tomorrow is Friday!!!
CONGRATS!!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Today is my second fast day of the week. Im surprised to be back to even from last friday so i just might have a loss. It might be my last fast day for a while... i think id really like to kick up my workouts and really blast some fat in the gym! Try to create a calorie deficit by burning cals everyday AND eating less = 2lbs loss per week I HOPE!!! we'll see.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo Lori! The clambake sounds fun!

I hope for you too Lexi!

Feast for me today. Braised beef short ribs and salad for lunch. My weight is solid as a rock, not moving one iota, maybe it will go down again soon.

Laundry today, everyone have a good one!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Woohoo Lori! The clambake sounds fun!

I hope for you too Lexi!

Feast for me today. Braised beef short ribs and salad for lunch. My weight is solid as a rock, not moving one iota, maybe it will go down again soon.

Laundry today, everyone have a good one!
i am so freaking hungry right now haha!! almost time to eat. 18 more minutes!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Up & ready to face a Friday boot camp! The clambake last night was nice, perfect weather and good food. There are lots of leftovers, so the guys at work will have a good lunch! We gave the clams that were left over to one of our retirees so he can make clam chowder. We have grilled chicken & hot dogs in the fridge at work for our crew to eat today(and me too!). I even manage to NOT eat a piece of choc cake with peanut butter icing. It looked so good, but I held strong!

Tomorrow Dh and I will head out for another 5k training run. We are planning to do the whole 5k route and see how long it takes us. It'll seem funny to not play golf tomorrow. No worries, I'll be back out there Sunday to play in a tournament with my friends. Fingers crossed for good weather!

Have a great weekend!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

wtg on not eating the cake Lori, sounds like so much fun at the clambake. It's neat you are training for the 5k with dh.

Lexi, I hope you enjoyed your lunch. I think you are going to do awesome.

Cindy, is this your dd? I can see where eod rotations could easily be habit forming.

This afternoon is time out with my friends and getting a few groceries. Both dogs are due to go to the vet for routines but don't know if I'll tackle that or not.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

good morning!! lost 1.6! wowza new weight 204.8! last fast day at least for one month. i wont be missing them haha. now time to kick the workouts into high gear.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
good morning!! lost 1.6! wowza new weight 204.8! last fast day at least for one month. i wont be missing them haha. now time to kick the workouts into high gear.
Way to go!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

THANK YOU!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Nice loss Lexi!! Keep us posted on your workouts. I'm always interested in what others are doing for fitness.

I'm up at 4:30AM waiting for Dh to get up so we can go on our training run. I always have to have a pre-run cup of coffee. My cat has a built in alarm and she gets me up at 4:30 every day....it works out nicely most days, but on the odd day when I would like to sleep in, its kind of annoying!

It feels weird to not be heading for the golf course this morning. I'll be going back tomorrow about noon for a tournament. The season is winding down and that makes me sad. The winter is really long when you're a golfer.

I'm hoping to keep my eating in check this weekend for the most part. I like to ease up on myself on the weekends. I was just reading something about boosting your metabolism yesterday and it said to have a day or 2 of eating more than usual once in awhile to spike your burn rate. Sounds good to me! The trick is to get back on track after that day or 2!

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

I had a small loss this morning, .4 .....I'll just know one morning soon I'll wake up to a good weight loss.

I did have a NSV day yesterday morning. I tried on blouses I couldn't wear a month ago and they fit as did some of my smaller bras. My pants are looser too. I'm feeling smaller.

Lori, I had a heavier dinner yesterday, fried fish, guess it works. I hope your run with dh is good. My Mr always said I was too slow to exercise with him. So, we didn't and now we're both slow.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:43 AM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Cathy...awesome on getting into some clothes that were tight just a short time ago! I did the same thing with a bunch of jeans last week. I could get them buttoned, but OY, the muffin top! Most of them will have to wait till another 10 or 15 lbs are gone. If I keep eating like I did yesterday, I'll be going the other way. Sigh......I was home all day and just picking at this and that. I know it's been a bad day when I have to chew 3 Tums antacids before bed. Why do I do that to myself??

DH is heading out early to drive an hour to watch our son(33) run a half marathon. Actually, he'll see him start, then sit around for nearly 2 hrs waiting for him to come back. I can't go as I have a golf tournament at noon. Our son did a running series this weekend. He did a 5k on Friday evening, a half marathon on Saturday morning and then another half marathon today! He's nuts!

Not sure how my eating will be today. I know for sure there will be some beer involved since I'm playing golf with my buddies. They are giving us a meal after the golf tournament and I have no idea what they are serving. My goal is to stay away from sugar & bread today as I'll have enough carbs with a couple lite beers!

Tomorrow is back to my normal routine with boot camp & careful eating. I'm trying to stay really "tight" with my eating during the week and ease up on the weekends. I'm hoping I can still lose slowly with that plan.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Well, alrighty! down 2 lbs this morning to 195.4!

Thank you Lori! We are making it work! wtg! I was reading online yesterday and thought of you and Lexi and the exercise you're doing, building lean mass and that's awesome! Have fun golfing and that's awesome about your Son too!

I watched Fried Green Tomatoes yesterday, it's been so long since I've seen it, so funny.

I don't know what I'm eating either. I never thought I would get to where I prefer beef over chicken but I now do.

I'm doing a lot of thinking also on how I'm eating now is setting the pace for maintenance. I know it will be a while before I get there but I like that I can eat like now and also maintain and not fret over it. I don't plan on gaining this weight back for sure!

Have a good day!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #475
Senior LCF Member

WOW! Down 2 lbs! Awesome I won't weigh again till Friday morning. After yesterday, I wouldn't dare step on the scale. I'm actually looking forward to a low cal couple of days.

My cat decided it was time to get up at 3:30 this morning. It's going to be a LONG day. I'll head to boot camp in a little while. I'll do ok till about 3 this afternoon and then I'll crash. Which would be ok if I were at home, but I'll be sitting at my desk.

Have a good start to your week everyone!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Had some magor emotional issues pop up about a year ago and it was verry hard to
realy start back. Been back 10 days and 8 lbs of water is gone but having most of the
pain in my hands go is just as nice.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Thank you Lori, I was so tickled and I didn't have a big bounce up this morning so that is good. Strange how we only allow our pets to pull those stunts, lol, hope your day goes fast and good.

Glad you are here E.W., sounds like you are doing great, 8 lbs gone is awesome and for sure awesome about the pain gone from you hands. I'm glad things are better for you.

I got really really hungry yesterday at dinner and I could have really done some damage. I seldom get that hungry and I always feel like my body is trying to sabotage the weight loss. I made me a bacon cheeseburger in a bowl. no bun, and it was big and mean, lol. After I ate that, my monster was gone thank goodness, now I can get on with things like normal. Sometimes it just takes more fat and protein.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Nice loss Lexi!! Keep us posted on your workouts. I'm always interested in what others are doing for fitness.

I'm up at 4:30AM waiting for Dh to get up so we can go on our training run
. I always have to have a pre-run cup of coffee. My cat has a built in alarm and she gets me up at 4:30 every day....it works out nicely most days, but on the odd day when I would like to sleep in, its kind of annoying!

It feels weird to not be heading for the golf course this morning. I'll be going back tomorrow about noon for a tournament. The season is winding down and that makes me sad. The winter is really long when you're a golfer.

I'm hoping to keep my eating in check this weekend for the most part. I like to ease up on myself on the weekends. I was just reading something about boosting your metabolism yesterday and it said to have a day or 2 of eating more than usual once in awhile to spike your burn rate. Sounds good to me! The trick is to get back on track after that day or 2!

Have a great weekend!
got in my first early morning weights. ran 1/2 mile then did arms and back in the ladies only weight room we have at my gym burned about 260 calories on my heart rate monitor. going for a 2.5 mile run after work

i like to hear other people "suffering" with me at early morning workouts!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, alrighty! down 2 lbs this morning to 195.4!

Thank you Lori! We are making it work! wtg! I was reading online yesterday and thought of you and Lexi and the exercise you're doing, building lean mass and that's awesome! Have fun golfing and that's awesome about your Son too!

I watched Fried Green Tomatoes yesterday, it's been so long since I've seen it, so funny.

I don't know what I'm eating either. I never thought I would get to where I prefer beef over chicken but I now do.

I'm doing a lot of thinking also on how I'm eating now is setting the pace for maintenance. I know it will be a while before I get there but I like that I can eat like now and also maintain and not fret over it. I don't plan on gaining this weight back for sure!

Have a good day!
woo-hoo! congrats on your loss!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Great losses!

I haven't done a 5:2 day yet, but I did lose 1.5 lbs. for the week.