Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hello, I am so happy to find this 5:2 thread again. Would it be okay if I join you here?

I really need to get back to this, I have been taking so many breaks with vacations etc and then doing EOD rotations...or not as the case may be. It is time for me to go back to 5:2 which is my aim for maintenance.

I know most of you from JUDDD but Lexi, hi you are doing so well.

This morning I weighed 130 and I like to remain with 3 lbs of my 126 goal. So today is a fast day, so far only had a soya coffee and a cup of miso soup, so under 100 cals.

I also made it to the gym.

By the way Cathy, I am delighted to see you are now in wonderland.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hello, I am so happy to find this 5:2 thread again. Would it be okay if I join you here?

I really need to get back to this, I have been taking so many breaks with vacations etc and then doing EOD rotations...or not as the case may be. It is time for me to go back to 5:2 which is my aim for maintenance.

This morning I weighed 130 and I like to remain with 3 lbs of my 126 goal. So today is a fast day, so far only had a soya coffee and a cup of miso soup, so under 100 cals.

HELLO!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I maintained on 5:2 for months until I took a few months hiatus from JUDDD and paid the consequences.

I've been on track since late June and am seeing results but because I'm exercising 4x a week, the scale is slower coming down this time, so don't have too much faith in the devil's platform.

Instead, I'm using my clothes as my barometer and that's a lot more encouraging.

I have about 4 lbs to go to hit the high end of my window, so I'm glad I took the bull by the horns when I did otherwise I'd be way out of control.

Anyway, thought I'd post since I haven't posted in JUDDD since I made goal!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I maintained on 5:2 for months until I took a few months hiatus from JUDDD and paid the consequences.

I've been on track since late June and am seeing results but because I'm exercising 4x a week, the scale is slower coming down this time, so don't have too much faith in the devil's platform.

Instead, I'm using my clothes as my barometer and that's a lot more encouraging.

I have about 4 lbs to go to hit the high end of my window, so I'm glad I took the bull by the horns when I did otherwise I'd be way out of control.

great job on getting it back together before real damaged was done. and great work on the exercise! its so important!

5:2 is great. i cant wait til i reach my goal weight and then i intend to do 6:1 days just to maintain...
Old 08-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #425

Coming in at around 300 today which is great.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Thank you so much Cindy and yes, I learned so much from you in our original thread and in Juddd. Glad you'll be posting with us,
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post

I hope I always have the good judgment you have in knowing exactly what to do to stay in control. glad you're sharing with us!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Glad to see more people popping in to this thread! I really need to get my head wrapped around 5:2 more seriously. I get inspiration from all of you who have had such success with JUDDD.

Today will be a 16:8 day & also low calorie. I'm going to boot camp this morning and that does a good job of killing my appetite until 11 or so.

Have a great day everyone!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #429

I think you are amazing doing Boot Camp Lori. I tried Military FItness once, which is done out of doors in the countryside. I almost died.

My Zumba and Body Conditioning don't come close to your workouts. And you must walk miles with all your golf.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

I think Lori is awesome too and she is so dedicated. I think that's the key to the whole of it all, not willpower but deciding what we want and staying dedicated.

Good dd Cindy!

I had a good day yesterday, it was our "once a week hamburger" for lunch day. Mr brings them in after his domino game.

There are so many ppl who have inspired me. Atkins, low carb is my foundation and then the Juddd girls who set 5:2 in motion on these boards, that was my beginning with 5:2 in February of this year.

Then..pooticus made it easier for me by sharing that she begins her day with dinner, that is so awesome. Lunch is mainly the pivot point on whether it's fast or feast with dinner pretty much remaining the same on good days. Either way, my day begins and ends at 5:00 p.m. I never feel deprived or disappointed in myself either way. No beating myself up and I'm getting back into my smaller clothes each month. Hugs to pooti

Anyhoo, I love 5:2 and so glad to see everyone posting and sharing. Let's have a good one, stay strong!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
Old 08-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #431

Went back to the book for some inspiration today, and I got it! So good to remind ourselves of the health benefits.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

I need to read the book again Cindy. Missed you today Lexi..
Good fast day for me today, one of my easiest ones.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

So much for a low cal day yesterday. Sigh.... I did wait till 11 to start eating, but then I proceeded to eat about 1800 cals for the day. One of these days I'll get a proper fast day completed!

Taking off boot camp today and I'm going to go out for a run instead. I agreed to do a 5k in the beginning of October, so I have to do some running training. I'll see if my Plantar Fasciitis will flare up when I try to do more running. It's kind of tight this morning, so I'm not sure how it's going to go.

Hope you're all having a great week!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:12 AM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Good luck today Lori on the run, hope your foot stays healthy.

I have an early appointment so I'll see you guys later and hope you have a good day!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

morning ladies. today is my second fast day i weighed in around 208.2-208.6 it kept bouncing...

hoping to see 206 tomorrow. only time will tell.

onederland is so close yet so far...
Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Well, we made it to Friday! I didn't even bother weighing myself this morning as I know it would have been depressing. I have got to get back on track next week. Get 2 proper fast days in and cut down on the sugar/carbs.

I'm off to boot camp this morning to see what torture is in store for me! Tomorrow I have to do another training run early and then be to the golf course for a tournament by 7:30. It's a 3 day tournament this weekend so I'm going to be a busy girl.

Hope you all have a good weekend and I promise to be back on track like all of you next week!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Well, we made it to Friday! I didn't even bother weighing myself this morning as I know it would have been depressing. I have got to get back on track next week. Get 2 proper fast days in and cut down on the sugar/carbs.

I'm off to boot camp this morning to see what torture is in store for me! Tomorrow I have to do another training run early and then be to the golf course for a tournament by 7:30. It's a 3 day tournament this weekend so I'm going to be a busy girl.

Hope you all have a good weekend and I promise to be back on track like all of you next week!
enjoy your workout!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

weight 206.4... 1.2 lbs lost since last fridays weigh in

busy weekend. going to get in workouts and have fun. try and make good choices but still enjoy my life.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Lori I have no idea where you get all that energy, I feel I must rest for you, have a fun weekend!

Woohoo Lexi on your weight loss! This is going to work.

I can report a small weight loss of .8, down to l97.8. Slowly but surely it is going down.

This is my fun afternoon with friends, I always look forward to that.

Looks like a pretty quiet weekend for me, no plans for Labor Day that are exceptional

So, here's hoping everyone has a great day and fun weekend!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Good morning!

Lori I have no idea where you get all that energy, I feel I must rest for you, have a fun weekend!

Woohoo Lexi on your weight loss! This is going to work.

I can report a small weight loss of .8, down to l97.8. Slowly but surely it is going down.

This is my fun afternoon with friends, I always look forward to that.

Looks like a pretty quiet weekend for me, no plans for Labor Day that are exceptional

So, here's hoping everyone has a great day and fun weekend!
congrats on your loss! you're going in the right direction!!! have a fun weekend!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:43 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Good going Ladies! Pleased to see the scale going down for you and I hope to join you as a "loser" next week.

I'm up at 4:30 to have a quick cup of coffee before going out for a little run. I officially signed up for the 5k yesterday, so I have till Oct 4th to get some training in so I don't make a complete fool of myself!

I'm looking forward to the day on the golf course. I hope it's a day where I play half decent...you never know! Tonight we're having a 2 year anniversary dinner at my boot camp studio. I've only been going for 9 months, but he's been open for 2 years. They're having one of the contestants from the Biggest Loser as a guest speaker! I think he was on Season 8. Anyway, should be a good time and an excuse to dress up.

That's my day. I'll probably come home from the dinner and collapse in a heap. Tomorrow all I have to do is play golf. Slow day.

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Thank you Lexi and Lori, thankful for every ounce gone. o.m.goodness. Lori, I will have to rest for you again today. Girl, you are all muscle. good lucky with all you endeavers, awesome! Lexi, I know you work out hard too.

Last night's dinner was the beginning of my feast day, if that makes sense, so I'm enjoying my coffee with Plugra butter and it's quite good, we don't have glee butter here that I've seen. Never in my dreams did I think I'd put a tsp of butter in my coffee but posters say it works so I want it too. I'm taking the day off from 16/8 today and will begin it again tonight. I just try to keep things mixed up, not always the same o same o, hoping for good results.

Mr. has left to go to a man toys show out of town with his man friends so it's really quiet here. I used to plan binges when he was away but not anymore and it's so liberating. That was so crazy to do that.

Lunch will be rotisserie chicken breast in a little cream cheese topped with salsa and roasted veggies and then boiled shrimp and salad for dinner. I am beginning to plan some meals in advance which I've never done and it helps.

Everyone say cool, stay strong and have a good day!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:13 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Yawn........up at 4:30 again this morning! I was going to try to sleep in a little, but my "furry alarm clock" (my cat) had other ideas. I had a lousy night's sleep. About 2AM some idiot was shooting off fireworks! I had trouble getting back to sleep after that & before I knew it, the cat was getting me up. Sigh..... Can you say LONG day?

Back to the golf course in a couple hours. I have a 4 shot lead in my flight, but there are 2 days to play. I was behind by 5 shots on the front 9, but I made up 9 shots on the back! The way I feel this morning, I'm not sure I'll be able to hit the ball!

The party at the boot camp studio was fun. The biggest loser speaker was very interesting. He lost 170 lbs! He was a very good speaker & had a good sense of humor too.

Ok...time for coffee & some breakfast. Have a great day!
Old 09-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

, late getting in today. I've bathed both puppies and partially groomed them, nails clipped, etc and will finish then after a little rest. I enjoy doing it and learned how watching videos on utube. They may not look perfect but they don't have the stress of the cages and other dogs. And...I save lots of money.

I had a wonderful visit from our Son , (48), this morning, I love having Mom/Son visits, Mr has gone back to the man toy show again today.

Lori, you have a very interesting/fun/full life. I can imagine how you enjoyed that speaker and sure hope you win the tournament!

Lexi, hope your day is good!

I had an good feast day yesterday and day is fast and it's really going good. My new day will begin after 5 and I've not eaten since dinner last night which was 2 oz of marinated mozzarella cheese. I'll probably have a mug of broth before I begin to finish the dogs.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Up & ready to start my day....I think I wonder if I'll ever be able to sleep past 4:30 again? My built in alarm clock gets me awake at the same time each day.

We had a t-storm & some rain overnight. I hope the golf course is not too much of a mess. I didn't play very well yesterday, but retained my 4 shot lead going into today. I don't have a lot of confidence that I'll win my flight. Playing 3 days in a row is a lot & I'm feeling a little "beat up". It'll be fun regardless.

Tomorrow is D-day for my diet. I have got to get serious about my eating and get rid of 40 lbs. I would like to be at goal by year end. I know my whacky thyroid will fight me every step of the way, but I'll keep plugging along.

Have a good day everyone & I'll "see" you later!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #446

Hello ladies, I have had a busy few days with DD (47) and her husband (66) here. She is Downs and he is much the same so they like a lot of attention.

Looking forward to a good fast day. Off the gym shortly and planning a soup day.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!

One of my puppies woke me up at 5:30, she was scared of the thunder and lightning, so I proceed to get the paper in and it's been thrown in a water puddle and then the trash pickup comes unexpectedly on this holiday so I hurry and get my bags out. Whew, lol, what a morning.

Lori, I had rather not have a 4:30 on my clock either, hope it isn't too wet to play.

Cindy, I know you enjoyed your children, sometimes they wear us out don't they. I know your day will be good. I'm glad you're sharing with us.

I was just googling a soup make with chicken fajita meat, how easy is that. Our meal will be based fajita meat one way or the other.

Maybe the rest of our day will be nice, calm and peaceful, have a good one!

Last edited by scalestepper; 09-02-2013 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-03-2013, 01:52 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

I was about to type "Here we are at Monday again" when I realized it's Tuesday! Having a Monday holiday really messes me up!

Well, I won my flight at the golf tournament! I ended up winning by 7 strokes. I didn't start out very well, but I just kept going and my opponent kind of had a meltdown about half way thru.

I'm off to boot camp in a few minutes. Time to start off my new fitness/weight goals. I weighed in this morning and am up a few pounds. I'm not changing my weight on the side graph...I'll be at or below that in no time.

Have a great week!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

How funny, you're in good company because I probably wouldn't have noticed if it was Monday or Tuesday, holidays mess me up too.That is just awesome you winning your flight and by 7 strokes!

I don't feel energized yet this morning with no plans. As a general rule, I try to begin each day so it can go either way, feast or fast.

Last night I was cooking a shirataki dish with stir fried mushrooms, onions and peppers, thinking I was adding in a tsp of olive oil, I put in a tsp of smores syrup and I think I've really messed it up but then I add in a pea size amt of peanut butter, drop of sesame oil, sriracha and an ounce of shredded beef fajita and it was good. I know absolutely noting about Asia cooking. I need to explore our shirataki thread.

Coffee, that's what I need, I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Due to labor day im fasting today and thursday. I haven't weighed since friday. im hoping just for a maintain this week.