Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
scale said 210.4 today. original goal for 209 by friday might get blown out of the water, we'll see. Down 1.6 from friday. Bootcamp tonight then dinner at in laws, i plan to portion my meal and say no to booze
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good luck Lexi! I didn't know you were a boot camp girl like me! How long have you been doing it? It is the hardest thing I've ever done, but so much fun at the same time! How many times a week do you go?

Let's hope the scale goes down for everyone this week!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning!

You girls are awesome with the exercise , I would rejoin Curves but they've gone out of business here. I belonged about 10 years ago and my knees got in fantastic shape, then I joined a gym and loved that. Wish I had never stopped, don't know why I did. I have walked some lately, 10 min at a time, but keep waiting for certain goals, first the one year one and now the onederland. I really want to get into onderland.

I doubt that I'll ever do heavy workouts again at my age but will, for sure, try walking again. I have been so blessed that my knees don't hurt like that did.

I weighed this morning, 201.2, solid, no bouncing. Seems my bouncing stopped by I added in cottage cheese and yogurt.

I was reading in the CAD thread and I like the idea of only eating carbs at one meal a day, I also like the idea of a balance of protein and vegetables at each meal. It's neat to pick up ideas but the one thing that remains faithful for me is Atkins/low carb, next is 5:2/IF. It's true, everyone has to find their own way. I also like planning maintenance as I go.

Yesterday Mr went to a local home owned burger joint and got us a cheeseburger, it was so good and that was my carb meal for the day/week. We've begun having one of those, once a week for the last 3 weeks, my reward meal. And...I began losing weight again. I'll have to monitor that very closely.

I'm going for another fast day today. Hope everyone has a good one!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Good luck Lexi! I didn't know you were a boot camp girl like me! How long have you been doing it? It is the hardest thing I've ever done, but so much fun at the same time! How many times a week do you go?

Let's hope the scale goes down for everyone this week!
it is SO hard! i've gone off and on for a few years but since march i've been going consistently 2-3 x/week and throwing in another 1-2 group fitness classes in there. right now i'm just planning on 2 bootcamps/week and 1-2 additional group fitness like kickboxing, core, etc.

its improved my cardiovascular abilities tremendously!!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Good morning!

You girls are awesome with the exercise , I would rejoin Curves but they've gone out of business here. I belonged about 10 years ago and my knees got in fantastic shape, then I joined a gym and loved that. Wish I had never stopped, don't know why I did. I have walked some lately, 10 min at a time, but keep waiting for certain goals, first the one year one and now the onederland. I really want to get into onderland.

I doubt that I'll ever do heavy workouts again at my age but will, for sure, try walking again. I have been so blessed that my knees don't hurt like that did.

I weighed this morning, 201.2, solid, no bouncing. Seems my bouncing stopped by I added in cottage cheese and yogurt.

I was reading in the CAD thread and I like the idea of only eating carbs at one meal a day, I also like the idea of a balance of protein and vegetables at each meal. It's neat to pick up ideas but the one thing that remains faithful for me is Atkins/low carb, next is 5:2/IF. It's true, everyone has to find their own way. I also like planning maintenance as I go.

Yesterday Mr went to a local home owned burger joint and got us a cheeseburger, it was so good and that was my carb meal for the day/week. We've begun having one of those, once a week for the last 3 weeks, my reward meal. And...I began losing weight again. I'll have to monitor that very closely.

I'm going for another fast day today. Hope everyone has a good one!
sorry you dont have a curves around. maybe just try to increase your walking. get a pedometer little by little you'll get there.

good luck with your fast day today, my second is tomorrow
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Lexi!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

I got up at 4:15 thinking I'd go to boot camp for day 4 in a row, but my body advised me to think again. I feel kind of "beat up" and I didn't sleep very well last night. So, taking today off and I'll go again tomorrow morning.

I'd like to hold off till 11 to begin eating for the day, but my stomach is growling already! Sigh.....could be a long day!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

I got up to a small weight drop this morning, down to 200.8, getting closer....I have decided to try eod this week to see if it will get me into onderland. Today is feast day, I've already had 2 fast days this week. I really like this starting my day at dinner, kind of confuses me since I'm new at it but it makes fast days easier.

Lori, good job listening to your body and resting. I will be waiting with you to eat at 11.00. I didn't eat after 7 so that's my break-fast time too.

Hope everyone's day is good!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I got up at 4:15 thinking I'd go to boot camp for day 4 in a row, but my body advised me to think again. I feel kind of "beat up" and I didn't sleep very well last night. So, taking today off and I'll go again tomorrow morning.

I'd like to hold off till 11 to begin eating for the day, but my stomach is growling already! Sigh.....could be a long day!
wow i could never do more than 2 back to back bootcamps!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning!

I got up to a small weight drop this morning, down to 200.8, getting closer....I have decided to try eod this week to see if it will get me into onderland. Today is feast day, I've already had 2 fast days this week. I really like this starting my day at dinner, kind of confuses me since I'm new at it but it makes fast days easier.

Lori, good job listening to your body and resting. I will be waiting with you to eat at 11.00. I didn't eat after 7 so that's my break-fast time too.

Hope everyone's day is good!
you lucky duck! so close! happy fast day to us both!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

love having my second fast day of the week already down 2.8 lbs from last weeks weigh in!!

last friday i was at 212.0 today 209.2

lets be really nice and see 207 tomorrow????
Old 08-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
you lucky duck! so close! happy fast day to us both!
tytyty

Quote:
love having my second fast day of the week already down 2.8 lbs from last weeks weigh in!!

last friday i was at 212.0 today 209.2

lets be really nice and see 207 tomorrow????:
be nice

I had the best lunch, shake and bake pork chops, sauted squash with salad
Old 08-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Great job on the weight loss girls!!! The scale was down a pound for me this morning, but still 1/2 lb higher than my low. I'm not changing my stats till it goes below that number.

I've decided to do 16:8 for awhile without calorie counting. I will try to limit carbs & eat mostly healthy foods. My eating window will be between 11 & 8. The window will usually close by 7 as I go to bed around 9 and don't like to eat right before going to bed. Last night I was so tempted to eat a snack at 8. I just got some fresh whole wheat english muffins and they look SO good! I think I'll treat myself to one tomorrow morning before heading to the golf course. I won't be doing 16:8 on the weekends, as I head to the golf course early and need something before I go.

Off to boot camp soon. I slept really well last night and am ready for a great workout!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Yah for you Lori on the weight loss and thank you! English muffins sound so good. I think you'll like 18/6, That must be awesome to be able to play golf. I wish I liked sports. Mr was an avid golfer with his buds but they haven't gone lately.

200.6 this morning, it's going to make me earn onederland. I have my annual Dr.'s appointment next Tuesday, hope I'll be there by then. I think I weighed 229 at my last appointment. He doesn't know I'm fasting 2 days a week, I wonder what he'll say. He knows I do Atkins/lc and he's all for that.

I've decided not to experiment with eod rotations this week, I like 5;2 and have lost about 28 lbs since February, proof that it works, so I have my fast days in for this week. I don't like counting calories every day. However, I still like the idea pooticus uses of starting the fast day at my dinner meal, it makes it easier.

Lexi, I hope you and Pam are doing good.

Today is my out and about day, seeing my friends plus I need a few groceries.

Let's hang in and have a good one!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

HELLO! having a fantastic day today.

weighed in at 208.6 thats a 3.4 lb loss since last friday just shy of 40 lbs lost since march 2013.

i tried on a size large chicago bears tshirt that has NEVER fit me, just to see how much longer before i could wear it comfortably. well guess what, it fit so great and the bears played so well last night that i decided to wear it to work today. i couldnt believe it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bears shirt-208.jpg (29.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
YAY!
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
HELLO! having a fantastic day today.

weighed in at 208.6 thats a 3.4 lb loss since last friday just shy of 40 lbs lost since march 2013.

i tried on a size large chicago bears tshirt that has NEVER fit me, just to see how much longer before i could wear it comfortably. well guess what, it fit so great and the bears played so well last night that i decided to wear it to work today. i couldnt believe it!
WTG! That must have felt awesome!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WTG! That must have felt awesome!
it really did. i love SVs and NSVs equally!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

ok temporary topic change but i need some opinions.

So i have this friend of 10+years, we used to be best friends and lived together. Over the years we've remained friends, not as close as we once we but we still have love for each other, very much so. Any way, she recently became engaged. I was one of the first to know and she let me know to "mark my calendar" of the wedding date next may the day that she booked it. So ive definitely been kept in the loop. She has a whole group of friends that she spends more time with. i only see her 1-2 times a year and we text once a month or so.

Any way, I would love nothing more to stand up for her in her wedding. She texted me this morning and asked me to "meet up for happy hour so we can catch up" we normally don't make plans like this and i'm really getting my hopes up that she'll ask me to be bridesmaid. I think for some people this is something they like to do in person.

i'll be so sad and disappointed if i'm not asked. I realize that this is about her, my friend, and i'm very happy for her. I just couldn't imagine NOT being with her the morning of her wedding, getting ready together, spending that time together. She could very well just want to actually catch up and that's great too. but we'd talk about wedding stuff the whole time. her wedding is 9 months away so she can't dilly dally about picking bridesmaids or anything else for that matter.

i just hope shes not asking me to let me down easy. thats something i'd rather get in a text...

what does anyone else think???

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less
Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Oh gosh Lexi, I'm about to leave but wanted to say I think she'll ask you; however, if she doesn't, I know you'll remain best friends forever either way. hugs, bbl
Old 08-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh gosh Lexi, I'm about to leave but wanted to say I think she'll ask you; however, if she doesn't, I know you'll remain best friends forever either way. hugs, bbl
im really hoping she does... thank you i feel like the girl hoping her man will put a ring on it LMAO!

and you're right, we will still remain great friends either way. i'd never hold that against her.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Saturday morning and DH and I are up at 4AM! I went to bed before 9, so I was well rested and ready to get up. I'll be heading for the golf course about 8:30.

I was reading back on my post about doing 16/8 and realized I said my eating window would be between 11 & 8....you all must think I'm nuts...I meant between 11 & 7. I really can count to 8! I'm an accountant for heaven's sake!

Lexi, hope your friend "pop's the question"! Either way, it'll be a lovely wedding I'm sure.

I won't be doing 16/8 on the weekends, so I'll eat a bit before I head for the golf course.

Have a great weekend all!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Checking in, had a fun time yesterday with friends.

Lori, nothing about my plan is written in stone. I get in at least 3 16/8 and 2 fast days but some days just don't work out. I think we're at a point where we pretty much have a adjusted to a weight loss plan where we kind of .....use sideboards to not fall off the wagon but stay on the trail if you will, that's how I also see maintenance too. Relaxed but with boundaries. Hope you have fun golfing.

Lexi, I hope you wish came true, I'm anxious to hear.

It looks like a slow easy day today, hope everyone has a good one!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning!

Checking in, had a fun time yesterday with friends.

Lori, nothing about my plan is written in stone. I get in at least 3 16/8 and 2 fast days but some days just don't work out. I think we're at a point where we pretty much have a adjusted to a weight loss plan where we kind of .....use sideboards to not fall off the wagon but stay on the trail if you will, that's how I also see maintenance too. Relaxed but with boundaries. Hope you have fun golfing.

Lexi, I hope you wish came true, I'm anxious to hear.

It looks like a slow easy day today, hope everyone has a good one!
I'm am happy to announce she asked me to be bridesmaid!!! Yay!!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Well, that must have made your day!
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

It most certainly did!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Wonderful Lexi! What a special time to share with your friend!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Woohoo! I am thrilled for you two!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Ladies !

Just checking in and here is a quick update on how I'm doing..

Glad everyone is doing so well & sticking to it !! I am doing well. Still doing IF 16/8 and eating in my window of 10 to 6. Also been keeping track of my calories in my food app and that has really helped me maintain and not go over. Right now I am aiming to stay with a top limit of 130. If I hit 130 then I do a correction day, no if ands or buts. Today I was 127.6 and have been 127 for the last few days.

Also I have been exercising everyday for a minimum of 30 min. Really just want to maintain for a good long while without any more dieting or trying to get lower. Just want to accept and enjoy this weight. This November will be a year since I got to goal so that's the first big anniversary I can't wait to reach

I'll keep checking everyone's progress and feel free to stop by & say Hi ! I'm writing my maintenance rambles in the Weight Loss Journals..

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 08-18-2013 at 05:43 PM..
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Another Monday morning. I'm ready for a good 16/8 day. As usual on weekends, I ate and drank more than I should have.

I spent the weekend at the golf course. Tournament yesterday and my partner and I came in 2nd! We had a lot of fun.

Off to boot camp in a few minutes. Hoping to get 4 good exercise days in this week.

Make it a good week everyone!