Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #301
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: HaleysNana
WOE: Sugar Free...one day at a time!
Start Date: 4/12/04
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
That is the trick, isn't it Pam?
Apparently! lol The first week I tried to eat squeaky clean and stay around 1000 calories on my feast days, and ended up not losing overall. Then the ladies here suggested maybe I wasn't eating enough on those days, so last week I really ate whatever I wanted, and lost. It's a mystery to me, but I'll take it!
HaleysNana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning everyone!

Wtg Pam, woohoo on your weight loss, good to see you Sherry!

I'm still tweaking too, I'm using WW points for accountability, I think I need more balance with less fats, anyhoo, I'm giving it a shot, still no sugar or starches.

It's my out and about day, visit with friends and some misc groceries.

I hope everyone has a good day!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/213.8/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
happy friday everyone!!!

well i was pleasantly surprised with a 1.8 loss for the week, i wasn't expecting that because i drank last weekend and didn't track at all. I think i just naturally eat less now and make better choices. My goal for today was 210 lbs but i came very close so i'll take it. onerderland is going to be such an accomplishment for me. I can't wait til i see that on the scale. not going to lie tho i love seeing 212 on my scale right now too!

i've got a wedding tomorrow night and probably wont be working out before hand because my neck has been thrown out all week. but next week im going to be back at it!

my fast day yesterday was so easy, i wish they were always like that. might have been less hungry do to less workouts???

Goal for now is to stick with my plan, no excuses.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #304
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
You all are doing so great!!

I have fallen off the wagon this week. Honestly, I don't think I'm ready for this right now. I think I'm going to try a different approach. It'll probably take longer to get the weight off but I guess that's better than this losing/gaining I keep doing.

Wishing you all the best! KUTGW!
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/123-125/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
You all are doing so great!!

I have fallen off the wagon this week. Honestly, I don't think I'm ready for this right now. I think I'm going to try a different approach. It'll probably take longer to get the weight off but I guess that's better than this losing/gaining I keep doing.

Wishing you all the best! KUTGW!
I feel the same Yesterday I weighed in at 129.2 after my DD I was 127.8 which is 2 lbs greater than last week's 2nd DD of 125.8. It seems these big fluctuations are not for me on this plan. I am getting too stressed. I've been on this plan for 3 months. I went in wanting to maintain and drop a pound or two. I've kept an eye on UD calories and I am eating carefully and nothing off plan, no sugar/no starch etc. Only protein/veggies/ some low glycemic fruit etc. The DD are very hard and I am very tired. It seems to go lower I will need to do 3 DD a week. So I'm going to back to my WOE, moderate lc and keep an eye on the scale and if it goes up do a correction day (fat fast/no carb/high fat/greek yogurt day/egg fast) etc. Will still eat in an 8 hour window so hopefully the 16 hour daily fast will give me the health benefits.

Good luck ladies

Last edited by pandora174; 08-02-2013 at 03:01 PM..
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fufu
Stats: 187/156/135 5'5"
WOE: HHCG/JUDDD
So sorry to hear, Pandora...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
I feel the same Yesterday I weighed in at 129.2 after my DD I was 127.8 which is 2 lbs greater than last week's 2nd DD of 125.8. It seems these big fluctuations are not for me on this plan. I am getting too stressed. I've been on this plan for 3 months. I went in wanting to maintain and drop a pound or two. I've kept an eye on UD calories and I am eating carefully and nothing off plan, no sugar/no starch etc. Only protein/veggies/ some low glycemic fruit etc. The DD are very hard and I am very tired. It seems to go lower I will need to do 3 DD a week. So I'm going to back to my WOE, moderate lc and keep an eye on the scale and if it goes up do a correction day (fat fast/no carb/high fat/greek yogurt day/egg fast) etc. Will still eat in an 8 hour window so hopefully the 16 hour daily fast will give me the health benefits.

Good luck ladies
Awww, Pandora... I feel for ya, girl! I've read all of your posts on this thread and have been silently rooting you on. This is the third time I've lost 30+ lbs. on hcg... twice I gained it back, although I was strict with P3, etc. You get to the point where you give up when nothing seems to work. I'm now creeping up again and feeling helpless. I don't want to keep using hcg every few months... it's not healthy to keep losing and regaining 30+ pounds especially when you're in your 50's like me. I truly hope that you can figure out maintenance. Will you be posting elsewhere? I'd love to continue to see how you are doing.

I wish you the very best.
fufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufu View Post
Awww, Pandora... I feel for ya, girl! I've read all of your posts on this thread and have been silently rooting you on. This is the third time I've lost 30+ lbs. on hcg... twice I gained it back, although I was strict with P3, etc. You get to the point where you give up when nothing seems to work. I'm now creeping up again and feeling helpless. I don't want to keep using hcg every few months... it's not healthy to keep losing and regaining 30+ pounds especially when you're in your 50's like me. I truly hope that you can figure out maintenance. Will you be posting elsewhere? I'd love to continue to see how you are doing.

I wish you the very best.
Thanks I post over on the HCG thread under the "all phases" or the "Phase 3/Phase 3" threads. I think 5:2 is great for those that have weight to lose but all I want to do is maintain and for me it's gotten to the point that going through 2 or 3 DD to climb up and barely maintain is getting to be too stressful. I am way too tired and grumpy on DD for it to be worth it for me. I'm 44 and have a very active son and a very stressful job & I used to have really bad anixiety so my peace of mind is something I make a priority of. I'll just eat like I learned from HCG on P3/P4 which will be like today : an UD, tomorrow a Full Fat Greek Yogurt day, Sat. No carbs only protein, then Sun/Mon UD, etc. I'll keep weighing myself every day and keep an eye on big fluctuations and adjust my menu accordingly. Will probably keep 2 No Carb days in the week.

Before the 5:2 I was actually maintaining after HCG but I was getting bummed with my Friday CD and thought I could lose a little on 5:2 but every WOE I've tried has taught me valuable lessons. 5:2 taught me about eating to hunger. Looking at my past weight logs I was hitting the same numbers on my own but I thought I needed a structured way of eating to maintain. I also admit that I wanted to get back to 122-123 on 5:2 and after 3 months even with cutting calories on UD and adding in exercise my body is saying "nope". So I now feel confident in myself and that " I got this " and that's thanks to 5:2. I discovered the 16/8 IF thanks to 5:2 as well.

One really important thing I've always stuck to in my weight loss journey is to listen to my body. When things feel off, it's time to re-assess. I've even cut HCG rounds short when I didn't have my head in it 100 %. But re-assess does not mean give up or slack off. I know I am not one of the lucky ones that can go off plan and only gain a few pounds. If I do that & I have in the past I will gain like crazy so knowing that I am always vigilant and have a Plan B/C/D in my back pocket all the time

I know for me posting helps me keep on plan as well. I got to my goal weight Nov 2012 which was 130, so it's almost 9 months and today I weighed in at 127 so that's pretty darn good. But though I would love to be at my vanity round LDW of 122 but that's not realistic for me & I'm starting to finally be OK with that.

It's not easy but I know you can do it. You just have to find the WOE or combination that works "for you". Good luck & you'll find me on the boards

Last edited by pandora174; 08-02-2013 at 06:25 PM..
Old 08-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!

I had a fun day yesterday with my friends, it was good to get out but it is so hot.

I am still tweaking my foods, I am craving dairy so since yesterday was a DD, I ate ff cottage cheese, salsa and a chicken breast. I was down a lb this morning so my up bounce is gone. I know I just have to wait this out and it will happen.

Have fun at the wedding Lexi! I've worked out my own 5:2 system with points, on my dds I am having 10, that's a 1/3 of my basic required points I will eat on uds.

The neat thing about 5:2 is it doesn't care what plan goes with it, it's just down 2 and up 5 on no consecutive days.

Good luck Pandora and Jiggles, hope you will visit with us! Hi Lori, Pam, Sherry , .mimi Tomac and fufu. I hope everyone has a good day!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
Old 08-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/193/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Count me in with those of you who feel that 5:2 is not working for me. It works great for maintaining, but I'm just not losing. I'm hoping to use 5:2 in the future, so I'll keep up with all of you who are having success.

The fasting is becoming more difficult with my strenuous boot camp workouts. I am SO tired on workout days and just don't feel well. My focus for the next few months will be on listening to my body. When I'm hungry, I'll eat some protein and fruit or veg. I need to get more veggies and fruits into my diet. Sugar/flour has got to be on my "no-no" list. A once in a while treat, not an everyday occurrence.

I applaud those of you who are losing on 5:2. Sure wish I was one of you! I'll pop in and see how you're doing from time to time.

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I'm not losing either. Just barely maintaining. I only want to lose about 4 pounds but it is not going. Plus it is a battle with up and down days. The weight goes up and it is either one or two days of eating very little to fight my way back down to where I was.

Honestly I have been doing more of a JUDD routine since the second week of July and I truly do not want to do that route. Not sure what I am doing but winging it right now.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

I hope everyone finds a way that works, I also believe it's an individual thing.

I am now losing again, down .2 from my last weight recorded and that's taking into account the carb fluctuation since I'm eating unlimited vegetables and have been walking some so I'm guessing I've actually lost more.

I love the not counting calories and carbs, I am also enjoying the diary and gladly give some fat up for it.

I am keeping accountable for my dd's and uds with WW ppoints, low starch carbs and low fat, still no fruit. 10 pp or less for dds and 29+pp for uds. This has taken a lot of the stress away and I don't mind the dds now, well, so far.

I found a small OA book I had, For Today, it's a wonderful little book, each day has an inspiring thought for the day. Today I'm not suppose to give advice but rather listen.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:51 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Day 1 of my new plan. Scale is up a couple pounds from the weekend, but I'm not changing my stats unless its still up on Friday(official weigh in day).

I'm a bit worried as I really don't have a plan in mind for my eating today. Just waiting till I'm hungry and then have a portion controlled meal. Not sure how this is going to work, but here I go!

Off to boot camp in a few minutes. Really not feeling it today, but off I go!

Have a good start to your week!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Hi Lori, sometimes I wing it like that, most times I do what I was trying to do before and it happens without effort. Your exercise is awesome.

I hit some button and got a duplicate post so I'll just edit this and say knock on wood, no weight swings for me this morning. Trying for a DD, adding in the dairy seems to be working good for me, trial and error, learning as I go.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by scalestepper; 08-05-2013 at 05:57 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm from the weekend...beginning to wonder if I'm going to be one of those who can maintain great on 5:2, but not lose overall??
Old 08-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

phew, i had a helluva weekend! and the scale showed it. up 4.6 lbs!!! thank god today is a fast day. i'm normally up 2 lbs or so after a weekend so this is a bit more. i will not have a loss friday so the best i can hope for is maintaining. im ok with this. im just happy im getting back to it. fast day today and TONS of water!! FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH

happy monday ladies!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

for me, life means having weekends like the one i just had. how i handle it is what will determine if im successful or not. the old me would just have kept the pain train a rolling. not this girl i've come to far to just let it slip away now.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Pam and Lexi, me too, I've come too far to give up. I'm hanging in. Love you new pic Lexi!

Last edited by scalestepper; 08-05-2013 at 08:14 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

thank you!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Yes...we have to hang in there and keep trying! What are our options? To give up and get bigger and bigger? No thanks! The weekends are always tough for me too. This time of year, I'm playing golf and drinking beer and eating lunch out both Saturday and Sunday. Not a recipe for weight loss, but it's what I like to do. Life is too short not to have some fun, you know?

I logged my calories on a tracking website yesterday. I really hate to get into that again, but I have to do something to keep myself accountable.

Pam...I have come to the conclusion that I am one of those that will do very well maintaining on 5:2, but I have to be more strict in order to get the weight off first. So...that's the new plan. Lose the weight and then switch to 5:2 or even 6:1 to maintain. Fingers crossed that I can make it work!

Off to the golf course today. I have a tournament at my club today. My friend and I are running it because we won last year. I really don't like the stress of running a tournament....too many details! I'm playing tomorrow too, but at another course. It is a cancer benefit tournament. I could get used to being off 2 days of work in the middle of the week!

Have a great day!

Last edited by Lori_:); 08-06-2013 at 03:43 AM..
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Yes, hanging in. It will happen, I believe that.

I had a strange day yesterday, my dd turned into a md, for some reason --totally not planned, I cooked Schwan's beef short ribs, mashed potatoes and broccoli with fresh tomatoes and I ate it for lunch, potatoes too, 1/2 cup. It was so good. I'm going to take this week off from dds, then next week, I will be beginning my second year in weight loss mode.

My scale still didn't move this morning, solid as a rock on 204.6. I am so glad I've balanced out the carb fluctuation and can have some now without the dreaded weight gain.

I cleaned in the house yesterday, I can't believe 2 ppl can collect so much dust and clutter, Mr kept asking what's in that bag lol, afraid some of his stuff will be gone.

Let's all have a good day!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Wanted to check in & wishing everyone well. I've taken a few things I learned from 5:2 and keeping the IF eating window of 16/8. Also eating essentially like my UD but instead of doing a DD doing more moderate calorie days & when needed a CD. So far maintaining well, after my CD went down to 125.6 and now continuing my focus on maintenance.

Hope everyone continues to do well and what works for them. I'll check in periodically.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Hi,

Wanted to check in & wishing everyone well. I've taken a few things I learned from 5:2 and keeping the IF eating window of 16/8. Also eating essentially like my UD but instead of doing a DD doing more moderate calorie days & when needed a CD. So far maintaining well, after my CD went down to 125.6 and now continuing my focus on maintenance.

Hope everyone continues to do well and what works for them. I'll check in periodically.

Thanks you! I am also enjoying the 16/8, it kind of takes care of itself at least 3 days a week. I am so pleased you are doing good, you've had an awesome weight loss and I wish you all the best in maintenance,
Old 08-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Yes...we have to hang in there and keep trying! What are our options? To give up and get bigger and bigger? No thanks! The weekends are always tough for me too. This time of year, I'm playing golf and drinking beer and eating lunch out both Saturday and Sunday. Not a recipe for weight loss, but it's what I like to do. Life is too short not to have some fun, you know?

Have a great day!
i love golfing and drinking beer. one of the main reasons i haven't gone out this year... maybe next year when im finally just in maintenance i can incorporate things like that back in... obviously i can golf and NOT drink beer but i don't want to tempt myself.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

I dropped 3.6 lbs of my weekend bloat... 1.2 lbs to go by Friday! yahoo! all thanks to my DD yesterday! at this rate with my workouts i have scheduled i could possibly have a loss... dare i say it?

Last edited by lexiann21; 08-06-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #326
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!! Holding at 153.6 this morning...maybe, just maybe, a small loss this week?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

morning ladies! i've dropped all but .6 lbs of my weekend bloat. WOOT WOOT!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Great job! Right there with you. Tomorrow is my fast day....we'll see!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleysNana View Post
Great job! Right there with you. Tomorrow is my fast day....we'll see!
tomorrows my fast day too... i've got kickboxing tonight which is probably going to make me crazy hungry tomorrow but i'll just have to deal with it. anyway i was not expecting to lose this week but at this point its very possible... good luck to us both
Old 08-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #330
Big Yapper!!!!

Fasting today, and so far my weight is holding steady this week....hoping for a loss tomorrow!!