Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: In~It~To~Win~It!
THE ROAD BACK TO NORMAL

Hi all. My name is Celly. I just posted in the "introduction" section and immediately came here to basically let you all know what I'm doing, where I've come from, etc. My plan is more like some type of strict Atkins and Stillman's in my opinion. If there is some official name for what I'm doing, that would be news to me.

My plan is all meat. I do not trim the fat. I do use condiments such as mayo, blue cheese dressing (my faves), barbecue sauce, hot sauce, salt-free spices, black and cayenne pepper, etc. In this manner, I can sparingly sauce spareribs, while when having a seasoned steak I prefer a little blue cheese dressing as a dip. I do not add extra salt to meat as the meat itself has salt in it and so do the condiments. I eat just enough to satisfy my hunger and drink a combination of water, sugar free mixes, and/or tea throughout the day. I never feel deprived. When in creation mode, I'll make things like pizza (using egg as the crust), chicken quesadillas (using egg as the "bread"), meatballs, etc. I exercise morning, afternoon, and evening, around 20-30 minutes each, a mixture of yoga/pilates, cardio-interval training and strength training Monday through Friday. The weekend is my time off from exercising. The only thing that may get modified from time to time on the weekend is the food intake where I usually include simple salads (nothing fancy, not much into veggies), a couple of alcoholic drinks, and some sort of medium-to high carb taste/splurge (particularly when eating out.) I've never been a fan of fruit. I've found the beauty of my plan is that even on the weekend, it's easy not to stray far from plan because the meat I eat is always so tasty.

Today, I officially got my mind and body back in agreement to go back to this plan. I did this last year and went from severe obesity to beach-ready in less than 3 months. It was ridiculous how the weight was falling off, all without hunger. My skin cleared up, teeth were bright, hair became stronger, healthier and grew, I could think clearer than ever, had loads of energy, I could naturally handle any stressful situation thrown at me, not to mention I felt good inside and out, and surprisingly eating this way really rolled back the clock, so to speak. My body was really tight and fit. I never looked more youthful (literally young) and vibrant in my life! No one I ran into could easily guess my weight or age.

I did not go off this plan by choice. I went through a really traumatic experience last year that literally began to slowly but surely cripple me mentally and physically. I literally lost myself, the woman I was, meaning of life and had to fight my way back to sanity (to put it mild.) It's been a hell of a journey, but I made it! Thankfully, I only gained around 26 pounds through the whole ordeal. I'm really looking forward to getting my life back, my "normal" back.

Since I've recommitted today, I will be working out the weekend and on the holiday, but normally working out on the weekend would be a no-no.

Thank any and all for taking the time to read my post. I hope we're an inspiration to each other.

5/25/13 - 212.5 (starting weight)
In~It~To~Win~It! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Good luck to you. What is normal anyways.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote