Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Has anybody tried the The 2-Day Diet?

Has anybody tried the The 2-Day Diet: Diet Two Days a Week. Eat Normally for Five by Michelle Harvie and Tony Howell?

I’ve been reading about two day diets, similar to JUDDD but only two down days a week. Some are low fat like JUDDD, some are low carb. Has anyone tried any of these? I’m really interested in the low carb style one above. It’s put out by some doctors in England as a tool to prevent breast cancer and well as lose weight.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Terri

There are a few threads on that in the JUDDD forum. It is the 5:2 plan. Here ya go:

JUDDDING with 5:2 - April 28-May 4

There are other threads, just search over there. Most people are using it when they reach maintenance in JUDDD. Seems most don't lose weight on it, but it is great for STS!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Dawn, I've been searching and have seen a few like this one that does the 500 calorie days. That would be easy enough to try, just to a protocol day a couple times a week. But I have to admit I had my doubts about how much you would actually lose. There is another one that originated in England from a cancer center that uses low carb down days and Mediterranean WOE the other five days. I don’t know if that might work any better. It gets awfully good reviews. I was just hoping people here had tried it.

How’s the Hack going? How are you feeling? Sounds like you’re getting great results. I can’t wait to hear what you think afterwards regarding bounce back (hopefully none) and carb sensitivity.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I tried this and even though I loved it I didn't lose an ounce, just kept gaining and losing the same 2 pounds over and over again.

Some have found great success in losing on this WOE, but not me.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here is info on the study

More and more info is starting to show up on the internet. Here is an article I copied for whoever is interested. The big difference here is the two days are low carb not low cal.

By Linda Carroll
Dieters who can’t stomach the idea of going hungry seven days a week just got good news: You might be able to drop more weight if you cut back on carbs just two days a week.
British researchers found that women who essentially gave up carbs for two days and ate normally the rest of the time dropped about 9 pounds on average, as compared to the 5 pounds lost by women who cut back to around 1,500 calories every day, according to a report presented at the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
“We came up with the idea of an intermittent low-carb diet because it enables people to still have foods that are very satiating,” said the study’s lead author Michelle Harvie, a research dietician at the Genesis Prevention Center at the University Hospital in South Manchester, England. “Also, there’s a lot of evidence from other studies showing that restricting carbohydrates has the same effect as restricting energy.”
Harvie and her colleagues were spurred to find a diet that would be easier for women to follow because research has shown that obesity and the changes it causes in the body increase the risk for breast cancer. “We know from our research in animal models that losing weight has the potential for reducing breast cancer risk,” Harvie said.
Dieters who can’t stomach the idea of going hungry seven days a week just got good news: You might be able to drop more weight if you cut back on carbs just two days a week.
British researchers found that women who essentially gave up carbs for two days and ate normally the rest of the time dropped about 9 pounds on average, as compared to the 5 pounds lost by women who cut back to around 1,500 calories every day, according to a report presented at the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
“We came up with the idea of an intermittent low-carb diet because it enables people to still have foods that are very satiating,” said the study’s lead author Michelle Harvie, a research dietician at the Genesis Prevention Center at the University Hospital in South Manchester, England. “Also, there’s a lot of evidence from other studies showing that restricting carbohydrates has the same effect as restricting energy.”
Harvie and her colleagues were spurred to find a diet that would be easier for women to follow because research has shown that obesity and the changes it causes in the body increase the risk for breast cancer. “We know from our research in animal models that losing weight has the potential for reducing breast cancer risk,” Harvie said.
The researchers followed 88 women for four months. All the women were at high risk for breast cancer based on their family histories.
One third of the women were put on a Mediterranean-type diet that restricted calories to about 1,500 per day. A second group was told to eat normally most of the time, but two days a week to cut carbs and also calories to about 650 on those two days. The third group was also to cut carbs two days a week, but there was no calorie restriction on those days.
At the end of four weeks women in both of the intermittent dieting groups had lost more weight — about 9 pounds — than the women who ate low calorie meals every day of the week — about 5 pounds.
Women in the intermittent dieting groups also had better improvement than daily dieters in the levels of hormones — insulin and leptin — that have been linked with breast cancer risk, Harvie said.
And, yes, this is something you can try at home, Harvie said. You just need to dramatically cut back carbohydrates two days a week and try to eat sensibly the rest of the time, she added.
What that means, Harvie said, is that you can eat protein and healthy fats on the two low carb days, but skip bread, pasta, root vegetables like potatoes, carrots and parsnips to get to the 50g limit. The diet allows for one piece of fruit on the low carb days. Other foods on the menu include: nuts and green, leafy vegetables, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, eggplant and cauliflower.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #6

Wow! Thanks Terri for sharing.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm giving it a try

There is another plan I read about that is two days on very low carb, (Monday, Tuesday) one day off eating normally (Wednesday) two days on (Thursday, Friday) and two days off (Saturday, Sunday). This just sounds to doable not to try. I started Monday. I'm only going to weigh in weekly on Saturdays. I'm going to give it until next Saturday so I have a week plus under my belt before my first weigh in though.

I’m also getting back to my light lift/squat routine for 15-30 minutes three to four times a week and the Greer Childers Body Flex breathing/stretch routine Mon-Fri.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just checking in. Exercise routines have been going well. I decided that my two off days were going to be Friday and Saturday just to make the household lifestyle easier. That means the one day off in the middle of the week will be Tuesday which just happens to coincide with my birthday next month. I basically eat low carb just because that's the way I eat now. So my up days have included more sugar if anything. Tonight I made it a point to have a corn cob with my chicken wings. I also made low carb Margaritas tonight and last night. I'm holding true to not weighing in until next Saturday. Just the lack of stress about the scale alone seems to be having a positive effect. Of course the closer we get to Saturday the more stress will rear its ugly head
Old 05-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Just checking in. Exercise routines have been going well. I decided that my two off days were going to be Friday and Saturday just to make the household lifestyle easier. That means the one day off in the middle of the week will be Tuesday which just happens to coincide with my birthday next month. I basically eat low carb just because that's the way I eat now. So my up days have included more sugar if anything. Tonight I made it a point to have a corn cob with my chicken wings. I also made low carb Margaritas tonight and last night. I'm holding true to not weighing in until next Saturday. Just the lack of stress about the scale alone seems to be having a positive effect. Of course the closer we get to Saturday the more stress will rear its ugly head
I may give this a try terrie. I've been "trying" for 2 DD's a week and I also eat within a 5 to 6 hr time frame. Once I did that it seems like I started seeing the scales move again, but I think I'll try to lowcarb those 2 DD's and see how it goes. I love veggies, so maybe that will be good. If I don't post back you might find me on the JUDDD site. I forget sometimes where I posted last. lol
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
I love the idea of steak, small salad, and cooked mushrooms for a dd! Hope it works because I think I'd be in heaven. Heck I think I could do that 3 times a week!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
I may give this a try terrie. I've been "trying" for 2 DD's a week and I also eat within a 5 to 6 hr time frame. Once I did that it seems like I started seeing the scales move again, but I think I'll try to lowcarb those 2 DD's and see how it goes. I love veggies, so maybe that will be good. If I don't post back you might find me on the JUDDD site. I forget sometimes where I posted last. lol
Hi JMBM

So do you only do the 5-6 hour time frame on DDs or all days?
Old 05-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here are the results of my experiment:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri -M&E or FF
Wed, Sat, Sun Normal eating with some carbs, alcohol allowed.
Six days wk - Body Flex
Three-Fours day wk - 15 min lift squat routine
Whenever possible power walk

I started Tues 5-14-13 at 139.3 weighed in Saturday at 137. So down 2.3# and 3.75 inches. I can’t say I was overly strict.

I very pleased and will continue next week. Because of the Holiday, I’ll probably do Mon off, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday on and Saturday Sunday off.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #13

Quote:
There is another plan I read about that is two days on very low carb, (Monday, Tuesday) one day off eating normally (Wednesday) two days on (Thursday, Friday) and two days off (Saturday, Sunday). This just sounds to doable not to try. I started Monday. I'm only going to weigh in weekly on Saturdays. I'm going to give it until next Saturday so I have a week plus under my belt before my first weigh in though.

I’m also getting back to my light lift/squat routine for 15-30 minutes three to four times a week and the Greer Childers Body Flex breathing/stretch routine Mon-Fri.
This does sound doable, and I'm watching this thread with interest!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Terri:

On your DD's are you staying at induction level carbs. Do you count calories at all?

On your other days, do you have a calorie range?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #15

Gallery: jiggles
Hmm, this intermittent low carb plan is intriguing. I'm interested in knowing if calorie counting is also needed. I hate calorie counting and always have a problem doing it daily.

I've been toying with the idea of trying low carb again but can never seem to stick to it. So, this plan does sound really interesting to me.
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Terri:

On your DD's are you staying at induction level carbs. Do you count calories at all?

On your other days, do you have a calorie range?
I've been doing very low carbs on DDs following Meat and Egg or Fat Fast protocols. When I do M&E I don't count anything so I do that when I just don't want to work that hard or I have a lot of leftover meat in the fridge. When I do FF I pay most attention to keeping the fat up so I do count but it gives me less restrictive food choices like salad, cheese, etc. I usually just plug my food into my online tracker until I get the fat % I want and try to keep the calories below 1500, preferably closer to 1200, but that doesn't always happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
Hmm, this intermittent low carb plan is intriguing. I'm interested in knowing if calorie counting is also needed. I hate calorie counting and always have a problem doing it daily.

I've been toying with the idea of trying low carb again but can never seem to stick to it. So, this plan does sound really interesting to me.
I've been in such a diet funk lately I've had a real hard time sticking to anything more than four to ten days. That's why this appealed to me. Please join me. I'd love the company.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So for the record this week wasn't as successful. First of all I started after a three day weekend. Then I had a big chocolate chip cookie Thursday, still qualified as a FF day with 82% fat and 1334 calories, but nobody can really believe that was okay. Then Friday I had a chocolate milk shake for lunch. So it was no surprise I was up 1.8# Saturday. But I also spent many hours working in the sun in the garden during the week and took some Advil. All of which makes me retain water like crazy. So add that to fact that I'm still down .5# since I started and I've had the above indulgences as well as pasta, wine, sandwiches, etc on off days and I'm pretty happy about this so far. This week I'm sticking to low carb on DDs and getting back to my regular exercise program instead of just gardening.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Here are the results of my experiment:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri -M&E or FF
Wed, Sat, Sun Normal eating with some carbs, alcohol allowed.
Six days wk - Body Flex
Three-Fours day wk - 15 min lift squat routine
Whenever possible power walk

I started Tues 5-14-13 at 139.3 weighed in Saturday at 137. So down 2.3# and 3.75 inches. I can’t say I was overly strict.

I very pleased and will continue next week. Because of the Holiday, I’ll probably do Mon off, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday on and Saturday Sunday off.
From what I'm reading here in bold you are doing the LC eating 4 days a week and not just 2 days that are recommended by this diet. I just read as much as I could find and I did not see where it was recommended to do more than the 2 LC restricted days. What your are doing on sounds more like a LC JUDDD type of diet instead of a 2 day diet.

Just my observations and opinions and nothing more and asking because I'm confused to whether you are really doing the 2 day diet or one that you have tweaked from the 2 day diet.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 06-02-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Old 06-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

This looks like a tweaked version of JUDDD to me with fewer DD's. I used to do 500 DD and arounnd 1700/2300 UD. My DD's were every other day and LC to keep the calories low. It worked very well for me, I just couldn't stick with it. However, only two LC DD's and five UD's of 2000 calories seems like it would be easier to stay on plan. I calculated the calories and it would average out to under 1600 a day for a week. This seems like something I would like to try. I think it's dumb to go hog-wild with carbs on UD's, but it's nice to be able to go a little higher and enjoy some of the summer fruit, bread and a few treats.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Quote:
This looks like a tweaked version of JUDDD to me with fewer DD's. I used to do 500 DD and arounnd 1700/2300 UD. My DD's were every other day and LC to keep the calories low. It worked very well for me, I just couldn't stick with it. However, only two LC DD's and five UD's of 2000 calories seems like it would be easier to stay on plan. I calculated the calories and it would average out to under 1600 a day for a week. This seems like something I would like to try. I think it's dumb to go hog-wild with carbs on UD's, but it's nice to be able to go a little higher and enjoy some of the summer fruit, bread and a few treats.
You're right. This is the one I settled on. Very close to the JUDDD concept but cycling carbs rather then calories.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

I found this on line. They recommend two consecutive days of low carb and then eating sensibly the next five - not counting calories. I also watched some of the videos on the web. I like the fact that the two authors are doctors who have researched this for seven years, and found this to be more effective than straight calorie counting to lose weight. One of the authors is a doctor specializing in preventing breast cancer. I'm going to order the book and try this. They state the proceeds from the book goes to research breast cancer.

I found this on line from the Genesis Breast Cancer website I deleted many of the paragraphs that provide a link to the website:

"FAQs

Why did we decide to write the book?
We have been impressed by the results in our trials comparing standard dieting to the 2-Day Diet, so we wanted raise awareness of this new approach. There has been an increasing interest in intermittent and two day diets, and as a result, untested regimens are now being promoted. We wanted to inform the public of the evidence-based 2-Day Diet which we have proven to work and which does not appear to have adverse effects.

The proceeds of the book will go directly to Genesis Breast Cancer Prevention and enable us to undertake further research in a bid to:

Understand the mechanisms of the beneficial effects of the diet on different body systems and disease processes
Develop assistive technology to give further support to dieters who are trying the 2-Day Diet
Undertake larger and longer term studies in different populations – i.e. women receiving treatment for breast cancer and overweight women in the breast screening programme – as well as undertake a large national weight loss study with other obesity researchers whereby men and women are recruited from GP practices.

21. Is the diet safe for everyone?
The 2-Day Diet is designed for weight loss and should only be followed if you are overweight. The diet can be adapted to one day a week, which can help maintain a healthy weight and prevent weight gain. This can be followed if you are currently a healthy weight, but concerned that your weight is increasing.
You should not attempt the Intermittent Diet if you are a child, a teenager, pregnant, breastfeeding, suffering from depression or have an eating disorder. The moderately high levels of protein in this diet may pose problems for anyone suffering from, or at risk of, kidney disease. If you are taking medication, have diabetes or any other medical condition, seek advice from your GP before embarking on any diet and exercise programme.

22. Why two days?
We wanted to make a departure from the grind of dieting every day. For most people, daily dieting does not work because it is difficult to maintain. The two days, however, are achievable, allow long enough to reduce your overall calorie intake, retrain your eating habits and they may have additional beneficial effects on metabolism and disease risk.

23. Do I have to diet for two consecutive days?
We recommend that the two days are done together because many dieters find the second day as easy, if not easier than the first, as they have got into the habit of eating less. Doing the two days together also helps to ensure that you actually get round to doing the second day and it may have additional health benefits because it provides a prolonged period when the body is in a healthier metabolic state.

24. Is the diet suitable for vegetarians and vegans?
We have found that the diet should work just as well for vegetarians and vegans as for those who eat meat and fish. The key is to make sure that you include enough protein and don’t overload on carbohydrates. There are a number of vegetarian, filling, high-protein foods you can include and you will find plenty of suitable recipes for your two restricted days, as well as the five unrestricted days.

25. How does this 2-Day Diet differ from other 5:2 diets?
The main difference is that you don’t need to calorie count. You just follow simple rules: low carbohydrate, plenty of healthy protein foods and fat, and low carbohydrate vegetables and fruit.

The diet has been specifically designed by a research dietitian with simple rules so it is filling, satisfying, allows lots of choice, is nutritionally balanced, and is designed to lose fat and preserve muscle.

This diet has proved to be more effective and successful than standard daily dieting in our clinical trials. The other 5:2 diets have not been researched or clinically investigated.

The two days are consecutive, which we have found increases compliance and may have additional beneficial effects on our health than just one day at a time.

26. Can I adjust the 2-Day Diet to fit into my life?
The diet was designed to be ‘do-able’, and is based on Dr Harvie’s experience of working with dieters for over 22 years as a dietician. The diet has simple rules, but sufficient choice to accommodate different tastes and lifestyles.

The book has meal plans which you can use or adapt to suit your preferences and lifestyle. You can change your two days each week to fit in around any events or occasions. The reason the 2-Day Diet is so successful is that it is adaptable and easy for people to fit in with their lives.

27. Why does the 2-Day Diet lose more weight than other diets?
Any diet will work if people stick to it, and the 2-Day Diet is a diet which people are more likely to stick to. Our volunteers find it easier to keep to two days of dieting a week rather than the prospect of daily dieting. They feel good and often energised on their two days and their enthusiasm to diet is reinforced each week by the two days.

An added bonus is that we find our two-day dieters are likely to eat healthily on their unrestricted days, which boosts the overall success of the diet.

28. Does the 2-Day Diet offer health benefits in addition to those achieved with weight loss?
The greater chance of weight loss with the 2-Day Diet boosts its health effects. The 2-Day Diet involves a 48 hour spell of low calorie and carbohydrate each week. We know that this brings about large reductions in the hormone insulin, which is likely to reduce the activity and growth of cells, and hence their chances of cells becoming damaged and starting disease.

You would not be able to sustain such low carbohydrate and calories on a daily basis long term, so the 2-Day Diet allows a way of the body to switch to a healthier metabolic state each week.

29. Will the diet be as effective if such items are removed from it? E.g.
Salmon, dairy, avocado etc?
The recommended diets for the 2 restricted days and for the 5 unrestricted days within The 2 day diet are designed to provide the optimum balance of nutrients. Restricted days are low carb, and allow a generous number of servings of protein foods, healthy fats, low fat dairy and low carb vegetables. The unrestricted days allow a generous number of servings of high fibre carbohydrate foods, protein foods, healthy fats, fruit and vegetables. The book describes the optimum number of servings of these food groups for restricted and unrestricted days to achieve the right balance of nutrients. Each food groups contains a large range of possible alternative foods, for example salmon is just one of around 45 possible protein foods, whereas avocado is one of 15 different possible fat foods to choose from. With so much choice you should find a combination of protein, fat foods etc that you like to fit the diet by looking at the detailed food lists in the book. You are allowed 3 portions of low fat dairy foods on both restricted and non restricted days. You can use soy milk and yoghurt instead of dairy versions. Salmon is a healthy oily fish and a good source of omega 3 fats. If you don’t like salmon try to include other omega 3 rich foods like other oily fish such as sardines, mackerel and fresh tuna (not tinned) and for vegetarians omega-3-enriched eggs, flaxseed, walnuts and rapeseed oil.

30. The previous Genesis 2 day diet was based on milk, why is the new diet different?
The first 2 day diet we tested was based on just having 650 calories from 2 pints of milk or yoghurt and fruit and vegetables on restricted days. This simple diet worked well for quite a lot of dieters but the limited choice meant a number of dieters got fed up with this diet over time. Realising there was room for improvement we set out to make The 2 Day Diet more tasty, varied and filling by allowing a wider range of protein foods and fats and therefore more likely to be followed. The new improved 2 day diet (on which The 2 Day Diet book is based) has turned out to be just that, with less hunger and more enjoyment of food and a bigger chance of being kept to.

31. Was there a problem with having too much milk in the original 2 day Genesis diet?
The original 2 day diet based on milk is safe, and has been shown to achieve good weight loss and reduce blood markers which indicate of risk of cancer and diabetes and heart disease. We are recommending the new low carb, high protein 2 day diet above the milk diet as we believe it is easier for people to keep to.

Many people worry that dairy foods may increase levels of growth factors specifically insulin like growth which may in turn increase the risk of cancer. There is no evidence that dairy foods are linked to breast cancer, in fact overviews of evidence suggest dairy has either protective or neutral effects of dairy on breast cancer risk. In addition, circulating levels of IGF-1 are minimally affected by dairy foods. Our original milk 2 day diet showed dramatic increases in blood levels of a protein which binds to IGF -1 in the blood. This will reduce any potential harmful biological effect of IGF-1 in the blood. We have not measured these binding proteins in our recent study, but the new 2 Day Diet is highly effective at lowering insulin which indicates these binding proteins levels will also be increased.

32. How can the diet help you prevent breast cancer reoccurring?
Being a healthy weight, preventing weight gain during treatment and having lower levels of insulin can reduce the chances of recurrence. The 2-Day Diet is an effective way to lose weight, and keep it off and brings about lower levels of insulin on restricted and unrestricted days. Our research to date has focussed on women who do not have breast cancer. One of our current trials called the B-AHEAD study is assessing whether The 2-Day Diet can control weight and insulin levels after diagnosis of breast cancer. Ultimately we hope that application of this approach may help to prevent breast cancer recurrence.

33. If I am a healthy weight can The 2-Day Diet help reduce my chances of recurrence?
Being a healthy weight and preventing weight gain during treatment and having lower levels of insulin can reduce the chances of recurrence. The first thing is to check that you are a healthy weight, and not carrying too much body fat in general (% body fat), or weight around the middle (waist measurement) as explained in Chapter 2 of the book. Sometimes we can appear to be a healthy weight, but may have too much fat, which would be good to lose. 1 restricted day of the diet will help maintain a healthy weight, and prevent the all too common problem of gaining weight. Our research has shown that for those people with a healthy weight, following the diet for 1 day each week will still lower insulin levels and most likely bring about beneficial changes. Because of this research, following the diet for 1 day per week instead of 2 is likely to be helpful for women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, but there is no absolute proof and we need to undertake more research."

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-03-2013 at 03:57 AM..
Old 06-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

From what I could find on line, the 2-Day diet is 2 consecutive low carb days followed by 5 days of the Mediterranian Diet. The 5:2 diet is different and may be what Terri is referring to in her original post?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #23

[QUOTE=Redeemed;16452305]

"FAQs.

You should not attempt the Intermittent Diet if you are a child, a teenager, pregnant, breastfeeding, suffering from depression or have an eating disorder. The moderately high levels of protein in this diet may pose problems for anyone suffering from, or at risk of, kidney disease. If you are taking medication, have diabetes or any other medical condition, seek advice from your GP before embarking on any diet and exercise programme.

Thanks for all the info, you are wonderful to post this for us! I guess this WOE will not work for me either because of my problem with food/time restriction diets and my Night Time Eating Disorder/binging! It really stinks, too because I am not happy with my weight and would love to lose this 15 pounds I feel needs to come off!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #24

Gallery: jiggles
What are the calorie & carb counts they recommend on the 2 low days?
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=Beeb;16452459]
Quote:

"FAQs.

Thanks for all the info, you are wonderful to post this for us! I guess this WOE will not work for me either because of my problem with food/time restriction diets and my Night Time Eating Disorder/binging! It really stinks, too because I am not happy with my weight and would love to lose this 15 pounds I feel needs to come off!
Yes. In Dr. Johnson's book on JUDDD, he stressed that people with an eating disorder should not do JUDDD either. The diet works, but can really be difficult for some of us who get so easily into binge eating. I was doing every other day a DD. But, I think maybe just 2 DD's a week might be do able if I don't go below 500 calories on a DD.

But again, there are two different diets being discussed on this thread. The 2-Day diet focuses mainly on low carb for two days and then the Mediterranian Diet the next five days - no focus on calories. The 2:5 diet is more like JUDDD in that the focus is on calories.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-03-2013 at 07:06 AM..
Old 06-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Redeemed,
Nice post. This is exactly the info and web site that got me so excited about this WOE. Since I've been on low carb off & on for a while and HCG off and on for a while, I thought I'd do the four days on, plan. I didn't think the two days on would shake things up enough for me. As it happened last week, at least I was "ON" for two days
Old 06-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/176/168; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD / >100 g protein
Start Date: 6/7/12
i'd say that this sounds a whole lot easier than the juddd. are you still doing this, terri? how's it going?
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

After birthday weekend excess I have some repairing to do. I'm going to do a short HCG round and then will be returning, as this is a very doable lifestyle.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #29

Quote:
After birthday weekend excess I have some repairing to do. I'm going to do a short HCG round and then will be returning, as this is a very doable lifestyle.
I am loading for my round right now Great minds think alike
Old 06-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I am loading for my round right now Great minds think alike
Ready, Set, (tomorrow) Go! I'm doing the HCG 1234, what about you?