Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I have the IM pellets. But will be switching to Rx injections when they arrive. I found someone who didn't want the rest of what she ordered, so I get to reap those benefits!!! I cannot wait to try the Rx. But I already started the pellets and I have not received the Rx.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
More and more info is starting to show up on the internet. Here is an article I copied for whoever is interested. The big difference here is the two days are low carb not low cal.
in researching this, i thought i saw that it was both. the calories are supposed to be super low as well, or is there another variation that is more palatable.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

okay, i ordered the book. in hindsight, after mentioning this idea to my mom, she reminded me that she tried to tell me about this diet in december. at the time, i was so determined to get juddd to continue to work that i dismissed it. a good friend of hers lost 2 pounds a week with this idea.

so, i'm starting today. my body doesn't lose weight easily, so i'm great for experimentation. i'll let you know how it goes. at this point, i'll be thrilled if i lose 2 pounds a month. over the last 6 weeks, i've lost a grand total of 1.8 pounds, so i'm primed for it!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:07 AM   #34
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
There is another plan I read about that is two days on very low carb, (Monday, Tuesday) one day off eating normally (Wednesday) two days on (Thursday, Friday) and two days off (Saturday, Sunday). This just sounds to doable not to try. I started Monday. I'm only going to weigh in weekly on Saturdays. I'm going to give it until next Saturday so I have a week plus under my belt before my first weigh in though.

Iím also getting back to my light lift/squat routine for 15-30 minutes three to four times a week and the Greer Childers Body Flex breathing/stretch routine Mon-Fri.
This is carb cycling and there is a thread on here about it. Chris Powell is the "source", it seems, to go to for this diet and there are many variations of how to do it. If you google his name you will find info. Also, here is the thread link on here:
Chris Powell: Chose to Lose Even though it is LC then HC it's still a lower calorie WOE and eating healthy, good foods.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

those curious about this diet, don't buy the book! basically the plan is already on-line. i got the book, and it tells no more than what i found on-line.

carbs under 50 on down days, two days in a row. up days are moderate eating. period.

i do find this system fairly easy because the lack of carbs keeps your appetite down. the second day is easier.

for me, i'm trying to have within my weeks 2 down days in a row and another one elsewhere. i doubt i'd lose at a decent clip with just the 2 days. (decent clip meaning, more than 2 oz. a week. lol)
Old 06-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
those curious about this diet, don't buy the book! basically the plan is already on-line. i got the book, and it tells no more than what i found on-line.

carbs under 50 on down days, two days in a row. up days are moderate eating. period.

i do find this system fairly easy because the lack of carbs keeps your appetite down. the second day is easier.

for me, i'm trying to have within my weeks 2 down days in a row and another one elsewhere. i doubt i'd lose at a decent clip with just the 2 days. (decent clip meaning, more than 2 oz. a week. lol)
Gosh you've been doing Great! Big congrads!!

I'm currently doing FF to get off my birthday tonnage. I plan to go back to cycling for maintenance and slow loss.

I've done a lot of research on line but haven't got all the info I want. Would you mind giving me a name or plan to Google where you found your info?
Thanks,
Terri
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

though the book is 1" thick! it is very VERY basic. here's one link i'd found awhile ago: 2 Day Diet

most of the book consists of recipes. without them, the information would consist of only a pamphlet of information.

they said that you should have 4-12 protein oz. i think the protein recommendation was the only thing the link above didn't have that the book had.

they did specify that we should eat moderately on up days. if you have any questions, i can look in the book. the entire diet is in one chapter, while the rest of the book speaks on typical stuff you'd find in any diet book.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 06-20-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 06-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post

Thanks for link. I agree with you about the 2 days not being effective for loss for me either. The concept I was following is below. Since I didn’t have the book I was doing basic Meat and Egg Fast or Fat Fast Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and then moderate eating with carbs Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. I only did it for about two weeks but it was going real well then birthday, etc, etc happened and I found myself up 7#. So after four days of Fat Fast I’ve lost 3.4# of that. I’m thinking of converting back to this next week.

How long have you been doing this? How is it going? I just relooked at your previous post a see you're going to start in July. Looks like we'll figure it out together ;o)

The Two-Day Diet [Paperback]
Tessa Cooper M.S. (Author), Glenn Cooper
The plan is fairly simple. You have two "on" days, followed by one "off" day, followed by two "on" days, followed by two "off" (usually the weekend) days. As anyone familiar with the Three Day Diet making the rounds on the internet, etc., will recognize, this diet is similar, but works better, in my experience, simply because two days are shorter than three. On this diet, you get two "cravers" every "off" day -- which, for me, translates to three candy bars a week! (You get to choose your cravers from a fairly extensive list.) There is a mild ketosis, which turns off the appetite on "on" days, making them very energetic feeling and overall, very easy. Each type of day - "on" or "off" has columns of foods(A,B,C,or D) and you simply choose one from each column. There are also unlimited items such as the familiar diet jello and salad greens.

Last edited by TerriMM; 06-20-2013 at 02:41 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #39

Quote:
Has anybody tried the The 2-Day Diet: Diet Two Days a Week. Eat Normally for Five by Michelle Harvie and Tony Howell?

Iíve been reading about two day diets, similar to JUDDD but only two down days a week. Some are low fat like JUDDD, some are low carb. Has anyone tried any of these? Iím really interested in the low carb style one above. Itís put out by some doctors in England as a tool to prevent breast cancer and well as lose weight.
Quote:
Thanks for link. I agree with you about the 2 days not being effective for loss for me either. The concept I was following is below. Since I didnít have the book I was doing basic Meat and Egg Fast or Fat Fast Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and then moderate eating with carbs Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. I only did it for about two weeks but it was going real well then birthday, etc, etc happened and I found myself up 7#. So after four days of Fat Fast Iíve lost 3.4# of that. Iím thinking of converting back to this next week.

How long have you been doing this? How is it going? I just relooked at your previous post a see you're going to start in July. Looks like we'll figure it out together ;o)

The Two-Day Diet [Paperback]
Tessa Cooper M.S. (Author), Glenn Cooper

The plan is fairly simple. You have two "on" days, followed by one "off" day, followed by two "on" days, followed by two "off" (usually the weekend) days. As anyone familiar with the Three Day Diet making the rounds on the internet, etc., will recognize, this diet is similar, but works better, in my experience, simply because two days are shorter than three. On this diet, you get two "cravers" every "off" day -- which, for me, translates to three candy bars a week! (You get to choose your cravers from a fairly extensive list.) There is a mild ketosis, which turns off the appetite on "on" days, making them very energetic feeling and overall, very easy. Each type of day - "on" or "off" has columns of foods(A,B,C,or D) and you simply choose one from each column. There are also unlimited items such as the familiar diet jello and salad greens.
I'm a bit confused and I'm sure others will be when reading this thread. There seems to be 2 different "2 Day Diets" here by different authors.

The thread started with the "2 Days On, 5 Days Off" WOE and now I see you are doing another kind which is "2 Days On, 1 Day Off, 2 Days On, 2 Days Off.

So which diet is this thread about? I'm just confused!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well when I started the thread I was looking for insight while still researching. When I actually started the diet I decided on the Two-two day on days plan. The author still refers to it as a two day diet. But I welcome all people with all plans and their own tweaks so we can compare results and figure out what works best. Sorry for the confusion
Old 06-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is also very much like the Turbo Cycle in the Chris Powell "Choose More, Lose More" book.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

oh, i didn't realize that there were two diets either. lol

the cooper one sounds a bit more like it'd work for me. i've been doing my down days as meat and egg, too. carbs make me hungry, so better not to have any, if at all possible.

i started this last week. i've lost a few pounds, which is good for me. i'm pretty happy with this method.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gosh, from my research there is a bunch. About 80% of them are the two day a week version and the rest some variation of 3-4 days. And of course we've all heard of the calories cycling ones, i.e. JUDDD.

When I tried it, last month a few pounds a week was where I was too. This is also great for me, particularly with such a livable lifestyle. I'm looking forward to getting back to it. Haven't decided quite yet when to start. DH is a proponent for starting cycling tomorrow while he is still in town but I'm losing so well on straight FF (.84 per day average) I'm loathe to stop. So I guess I'll weigh in and decide tomorrow. I have a dinner out with a friend next Wednesday so I will more than likely start then if not this weekend.

I went ahead and bought the book yesterday for the plan I mentioned yesterday. I should get it the first of the week. So I'll share what they have to say.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #44

Quote:
This is also very much like the Turbo Cycle in the Chris Powell "Choose More, Lose More" book.
Yes it is and he also gives 3 other ways to do his carb cycling WOE. It's worth looking on his blog/website and on the internet.

There is also a thread here to explain it some. With 4 levels of carb cycling I can see many finding one that fits them well.

Chris Powell: Chose to Lose
Old 06-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I researched the heck out of the two day diets. After considering the reviews and results from people with backgrounds and stats similar to mine, I decided on the plan that made the most sense to me, and I bought the book. I went with the Cooper Two day diet. It’s actually two, two day diets a week; Monday and Tuesday and Thursday and Friday. It turned out to be a whole lot more low calorie and low fat on “on” days and higher carb then I expected. It’s actually a little reminiscent of HCG protocol. On days are 600-900 calories with more protein and dairy, an egg or cottage cheese for breakfast and 4-6 oz (cooked) meat with lunch and dinner. Add a veggie and fruit or maybe a small grain and that is pretty much it. The off days are about 1200 calories with an additional “healthy type” carb and two cravers. Cravers are supposed to be the reward to keep you from feeling deprived and quitting. They range from alcoholic beverage, small brownie, popcorn, Ĺ candy bar, butter, regular dressing, etc. There are also a few unlimited items like greens, cukes, radishes, pickles, SF jello and seasonings. The best part though is no counting or tracking. You simply pick an item from one of three or four lists and off you go. I’m going to give it a shot starting tomorrow. I actually tried alternating in a similar, unstructured way with HCG before with some pretty good success.

Last edited by TerriMM; 06-30-2013 at 08:16 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Three days and 3.7# down. Two on days, one off day.
Day 1 on
B-Cheese toast, Ĺ banana, FF Ĺ & Ĺ with coffee
L- Beef roll-ups, lettuce chips, Veggie pack
D- Salmon & spinach, Ĺ banana
Day 2 on
B-Cheese toast, Nectarine, FF Ĺ & Ĺ with coffee
L- Chicken thigh & leg, Veggie pack
D-Chicken salad with cabbage, bacon bits & Yogurt Caesar dressing
Day 3 off
B- 2 pieces peanut butter toast, Ĺ banana, FF Ĺ & Ĺ with coffee
L- Pasta with chicken, Nectarine, veggie pack
D- Wine, pizza, dark chocolate & SF Whip cream

So far, Iím a happy camper. I wouldnít say Iím being perfect but apparently good enough. Of course weíre dealing with week one loses.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #47

Good luck and it's great you have found something that fits you!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lance
Stats: Currently 264 - goal 215
WOE: No carbs 2 days a week
Start Date: July 29, 2013
Working

I have been on this diet (2 carb free days a week) since Monday. (3 days now). I have lost 4 lbs. I have done the Atkins diet before with great success, but couldn't keep the weight off. The body didn't adjust to the diet and basically freaked out when I went off of it. This diet, on the other hand, doesn't let the body do that. Im sure I would be on a roller coaster with weight right now, however, the key to any diet is exercise. I am also running 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week. I don't care how much you diet or how much you exercise. If you don't do them together, you will not lose weight. I will keep you posted on the results as I go.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for posting Lance. Great Luck to you!!!

My biggest issue is not overdoing it on the carb days. I am going to modify it a bit and do lower glycemic carbs to start with like fruit, corn, legumes, etc. when I get back from vacation.

So you're just doing 2 low carb days a week? What was your WOE before starting this? What is you carb limit on low carb days?

Please continue to post, this is such a new WOE there is very little real people info out there.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lance
Stats: Currently 264 - goal 215
WOE: No carbs 2 days a week
Start Date: July 29, 2013
Hi Terri,
I'm not sure what WOE is and am guessing it means way of eating. If that is the case, I ate like a pig actually. If you are what you eat, then I was fast, easy, and cheap. I am 6'-6" tall and am currently 264 lbs as of this morning.
Currently, I am cutting back portions just slightly on regular eating days. Not really measuring calories or portions, but rather just not stuffing myself. On the low carb days, I am trying to keep it under 30 carbs a day. Pretty basic really. My last low carb day, I had a salad for lunch and for dinner, I had 5 eggs, 4 sausage patties, and 4 pieces of bacon.
Once again, I have to express the importance of exercise. Without that, I think it would be a waist of time.
I hope that answers your question. I'll keep updating.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you have a great plan going. Great Luck!!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, trying a new twist. Still doing four days on and three days off, but Iím sticking with low carb for the time being. When I would switch to eating carbs off plan it seemed I either went over board and /or didnít return. However Iím doing four consecutive days this time. Iím trying to find my sweet spot so I can stick with it long enough to accumulate losses to get somewhere rather than keep bouncing around.

Iím doing a lowish fat M&E, only eating just enough with just enough fat to keep me happy Monday through Thursday. Friday through Sunday I will add low glycemic veggies and maybe some low glycemic fruit. Rinse & repeat.

Iím also doing light lifting with squats and lunges alternating with Pilates at night and power walks during the week on breaks.