Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Fried chicken fast amazing results (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/803693-fried-chicken-fast-amazing-results.html)

Sugarfreebabe 05-08-2013 06:01 PM

Fried chicken fast amazing results

Hey guys i took one week to test something.Strange and bizzare as it might seems my results were good.Last week i purchased 50 pieces of fried chicken.
I have for the last week been having

Breakfast :2 fried chicken breast and one wing/water

Lunch:water

Dinner:2 breast,2 thighs and wing./water

Day 7 i have lost 8.9 lbs and my stomach is getting so flat.
The fried chicken was so greasy and crispy I really think it was high in fat and of course protein.

Im chickened out im making ground beef tonight i just wanted to share my results

rubidoux 05-08-2013 07:42 PM

That's a hoot! Did you make this diet up yourself? Where are you buying your fried chicken? Does it have to be original recipe or will extra crispy work? :hyst: I want to try this, but I am on a groove right now. Someday when I'm having a weak moment, I hope I remember and have some fried chicken rather than some chocolate cake.

Sugarfreebabe 05-08-2013 07:54 PM

Yes ,I just said what the heck and tried it.My initial plan was just a week.No it cannot be extra crispy because of all the breading.

Ocean 05-08-2013 07:56 PM

Glad it worked for you. I like fried chicken. I actually had two drumsticks for lunch, but I think I would be sick if I had it every meal for a week.

Mistizoom 05-08-2013 07:56 PM

Interesting! I gotta wonder -should title be read, "Fried Chicken Fast -- Amazing Results" or "Fried Chicken --Fast, Amazing Results"? Either way works I guess! :laugh:

ravenrose 05-08-2013 08:30 PM

It depends on your definition of fried chicken, guys... Fat Secret's calorie counter has zero carb fried chicken with NO COATING, and one must presume that's what the original poster was eating.

don't assume it was carby without asking her.

Sharss 05-08-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfreebabe (Post 16415720)
Hey guys i took one week to test something.Strange and bizzare as it might seems my results were good.Last week i purchased 50 pieces of fried chicken.
I have for the last week been having

Breakfast :2 fried chicken breast and one wing/water

Lunch:water

Dinner:2 breast,2 thighs and wing./water

Day 7 i have lost 8.9 lbs and my stomach is getting so flat.
The fried chicken was so greasy and crispy I really think it was high in fat and of course protein.

Im chickened out im making ground beef tonight i just wanted to share my results

Pretty amazing. I've never found chicken to be filling, but maybe because of the grease (fat) would make a difference. Where did you buy it? Hope you answer some of the questions in different posts.

:congrats: On your loss!

Chuck41 05-08-2013 10:11 PM

I love chicken. I usually buy ten pound packages of legs and thighes and smoke them. Coat them with a dry rub I make from paprika, salt, onion and garlic powder, cayenne, and other spices. That is one of my staples these days and it works great on this woe. I pack them in small freezer bags and thaw them out as I need them.

evas 05-08-2013 11:20 PM

Chuck41 - I do that with chicken legs and pretty much the same spice mixture! I buy big family packs that come with 20 or more legs, bake them all up at once in some good coconut oil (I rub it all over the skin before the seasonings go on) and then have them ready to go in the fridge when I need a snack or to bring to work for lunch. I eat them all through the week :) They are so cheap too!

And now I've been inspired, I think I'll pick some up to cook tomorrow, lol!

Chuck41 05-08-2013 11:30 PM

Yep. They are really hard to beat. I get the ten pound bags for around six bucks and can smoke four of them at a time in my electric smoker. They are fabulous when smoked with either hickory or manzanita chips. Kinda hard to find a better LC fare than that. I also smoke pork and venison but the chicken legs/thighes are my favorite by far.:clap:

Sugarfreebabe 05-09-2013 09:32 AM

yum ,you guys are making me crave chicken again lol

Dottie 05-09-2013 09:41 AM

Hey! I want to know what kind/brand/store of chicken, too! :)

Sugarfreebabe 05-09-2013 09:48 AM

Oh i got the chicken from my local supermarket I asked the man who cooks he says they do coat the chicken in a small amount of cornstarch and seasonings to make it crispy I am sure the carb count is so small its insignificant.

Dottie 05-09-2013 09:50 AM

Thanks! I think Kroger has it too, but it's not fried they call it "better baked chicken" but it's pretty crispy :)

Sugarfreebabe 05-09-2013 10:00 AM

Yes .I dont think you could do this with a extra crispy breading fried chicken.But if you found a fried chicken with small to little coating it should be fine.I wonder how many carbs are in kfc original recipie

baileygirl3 05-09-2013 10:01 AM

Thanks for sharing, maybe I can get hubby to go for this next time he is wanting KFC crispy...yummy!

Ntombi 05-09-2013 10:03 AM

It's on their website.

11g for a breast, 3g for a drumstick. The others are in between.

Mistizoom 05-09-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfreebabe (Post 16416704)
Yes .I dont think you could do this with a extra crispy breading fried chicken.But if you found a fried chicken with small to little coating it should be fine.I wonder how many carbs are in kfc original recipie

KFC has nutrition facts on their website: 5 g carb per wing, 13 g carb per breast, 3 g carb per drumstick, 8 g carb per thigh for original recipe. I always get the grilled there, 0 g carb per piece, except for the wings which somehow have 1 g per wing grilled.

Sugarfreebabe 05-09-2013 10:07 AM

The carb count in kfc is very low.I just went to the website.

Sugarfreebabe 05-09-2013 10:08 AM

The thing is you would have to sacrifice all other foods and eat just the chicken and water or crystal light.No sides no nothing!The tradeoff is sooooo worth it to me and greasy crispy fried chicken is very filling and delish lol

Chuck41 05-09-2013 03:02 PM

I smoke chicken, pork, and venison in quantity and after cooking repackage them in meal sized freezer bags. The chicken is by far the most satisfying. Love that juicy chicken goodness. The venison is delicious, but has little fat and is the least satisfying of the three on this woe.:yummy:

Ocean 05-09-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfreebabe (Post 16416722)
The thing is you would have to sacrifice all other foods and eat just the chicken and water or crystal light.No sides no nothing!The tradeoff is sooooo worth it to me and greasy crispy fried chicken is very filling and delish lol

I occasionally go to KFC to get a 6 piece mixed box with four pieces of grilled chicken and two pieces of Original Recipe drumsticks. Since the grilled is 0 carbs and the fried is 3 carbs each, the meat is only six carbs, which isn't bad in my opinion and is more than I can eat in one setting. However you could also order their yummy green beans which are about 2 net carbs per serving. It still makes for a fairly low carb meal, even though it has a ton of salt.

Sugarfreebabe 05-11-2013 05:36 AM

kFC sells grilled breast?I havent been to kfc in a long time maybe i will visit soon.I recall tasting the double downs the last time i went and omg they were so good.Do they still make those?

Gibbs 05-11-2013 06:23 AM

MMMM I had chicken wings last evening.

wastednuffime 05-11-2013 01:57 PM

I remember a LONG time ago ( like when I had my DD who is now 15..) that I kinda sorta did something like this. ( Unintentionally and never heard of LC at the time..) Anyway, for a couple of weeks, I ate basically nothing much but fried chicken.. It was very self limiting..

I lost ALL my baby weight and then some!! and yup, I can attest to the stomach becoming so flat too...Hmmm, strange that I never thought about doing this again, till after reading this thread!!

Can't wait to read your future progress :up:

Sugarfreebabe 05-11-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wastednuffime (Post 16420175)
I remember a LONG time ago ( like when I had my DD who is now 15..) that I kinda sorta did something like this. ( Unintentionally and never heard of LC at the time..) Anyway, for a couple of weeks, I ate basically nothing much but fried chicken.. It was very self limiting..

I lost ALL my baby weight and then some!! and yup, I can attest to the stomach becoming so flat too...Hmmm, strange that I never thought about doing this again, till after reading this thread!!

Can't wait to read your future progress :up:

Did you also pee a lot during the process?All during the time i did this i peed so much i had to get up at least 3 times in the night.Thanks i will keep everyone updated

Candiceena 05-12-2013 01:26 PM

Um...I just want to say, that...

A) This is awesome.

B) I too wondered if it was Fried Chicken Fast - Amazing Reuslts or Fried Chicken- Fast, Amazing results! Haha :)

Seriously, thank you for posting. What a great idea...Tough probably, and I am sure I'd be sick of fried chicken, but this is great.

For thos who have an Albertsons around them....Albertsons makes THE BEST friend chicken ever. Not sure on carb grams though.

wastednuffime 05-12-2013 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=Sugarfreebabe;16420513[B]]Did you also pee a lot during the process?All during the time i did this i peed so much i had to get up at least 3 times in the night.Thanks i will keep everyone updated[/QUOTE[/B]]

YES!!!

Also, , although a sure sign of progress, this is one of the annoying aspects when Strict Lc-ing. MANY trips to the bathroom, day and night, are a pain in the hoo-ha......

Demonica 05-12-2013 02:08 PM

Reading this makes me miss KFC's Double Downs. I had completely forgotten about those!

Wonder if they still have those at certain locations?

Strawberry 05-12-2013 02:13 PM

I really love popeyes naked tenders - no breading, but lots of yummy spices and they pressure fry them like their other chicken, so they stay very moist (I'm sure the brining has something to do with the moisture as well)

170 cals and 3 carbs for 3 tenders.