Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
Warning.....TMI below...

I been sticking totally to my chicken or fish w/ / 1/2 cup-spinach or 1/2 cup-broccoli regime...

STILL feeling great!! Loads of energy and loving the roominess of my clothing..However this morning I was having slight cramps, used the restroom, and well lets just say that I was surprised at how much "emptying" ensued ...I'm not complaining though, cause I could very well be experiencing the opposite...

Anyway, The only thing I did different lately was adding in some green tea. Yesterday I drank 2 16oz bottles of the Sf green tea, along with plenty of plain water...

Does anyone know if green tea is known for this effect? I'm just curious cause veggie wise, my intake is minimal..

Thanks!!
What does TMI mean?

Yes, you could be experiencing the opposite - like I've done. Haven't had you know what since Wed. I've only lost 1#, but I'm sure that's the reason.

I'm back to eating regular again, but will post if weight does go down due to issue being resolved. Truthfully, I feel I'm down another #, but we'll see. I've wondered if lack of fat had anything to do it. Also, I wasn't eating vegies, but fruit.

Hopefully someone else can give info about green tea. I was going to drink a lot yesterday since I had previously made seven cups and refrigerated it. However, I made the mistake of adding truvia to the whole batch and I didn't like the sweetness of it.

Sharon
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Google "Can too much Green Tea cause diarrhea?"

Lots of info. And yes, it can.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Putz
Stats: 161/144.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 03-05-2013
TMI... Too Much Information
Putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Putz.

I don't think there can be TMI.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
Thanks, Putz.

I don't think there can be TMI.

As a Nurse, sometimes it seems all that's talked about, is poop all day!!

Still tried to be respectful though...
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Any new updates from anyone?
I started Friday and was 149. This morning (Sunday) I was 147. Not any different than normal JUDDD really. But, I believe I don't have the water weight that someone just starting would have because I have been Juddding for a couple of months.
I'm going to give it 2 more days to see if the scale "really" moves.
Any thoughts?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterday was my planned *off* day, so I had whatever I wanted.

Tomorrow back to chicken. It will be baked though, cause that's what i have in the oven cooking right now for this evenings meal. I'm making some extra to carry me for the next couple of days

Congrats on the downward numbers
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

145.5 New Low!!
That was nice to see this morning. I felt like crap all day yesterday though. I have a headache this morning. Not sure if its related to the low carb or not. But if it is, It is worth it to have the scales actually moving down. I can handle feeling ill for a few days when getting results.
I'm not doing all chicken. I have had some eggs and some beef also.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putz View Post
145.5 New Low!!
That was nice to see this morning. I felt like crap all day yesterday though. I have a headache this morning. Not sure if its related to the low carb or not. But if it is, It is worth it to have the scales actually moving down. I can handle feeling ill for a few days when getting results.
Wow!!

I'm back on track after having my planned ( whatever-I want) Saturday.

Even though I said I wouldn't weigh again this soon, I did, just to see if and how much my *free* day cost me?

Drum roll,....up ONLY 8 ounces!!, So yeah, almost a pound, but not at all bad considering!! ....

Anyway, scale is one again, put away till Friday-ish

Last edited by wastednuffime; 05-20-2013 at 06:21 AM..
Old 05-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putz View Post
145.5 New Low!!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
this is intriguing. i have a really good fried chicken recipe utilizing soy flour. so the carbs would be pretty low. i may just have to plan to try this in a bit.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

I caved and had a carb fest last night. East of Chicago pizza/salad buffet with those wonderful cinnamon poppers. It was good but I felt so bloated and icky afterwards. I am really looking forward to the simplicity of this fast/hack/whatever you want to call it. It's working for me. Maybe throwing in the carbs every 4 or 5 days will actually be a great thing. Today it's hamburger and eggs scrambled in.
Keep up the good work everyone
Old 06-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Do you think the breading has too many carbs though?
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Sugarfree, do you mind if I ask how tall you are and what you weigh? DO you think this could work for someone my size at 5'4" and 110? I eat one meal a day on CAD and would like to try it with fried chicken. DO you have free days too?
Old 06-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #75
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
I'm curious as to whether the results differ when the chicken is roasted or baked vs fried. I know that properly fried chicken is not overly greasy, but some fat is absorbed in cooking, whereas in baking and broiling fat is lost from drips so the same piece would be less fatty.

Too bad there can't be a side by side comparison of extra fatty fried chicken to lower fat baked chicken fasting...
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Ok, I am totally intrigued by this... I do intermittent fasting along with CAD so I get one hour a day to eat carbs of my choice. It actually works as I have lost 22 pounds in 8 months by just rearranging my carbs and still eating 1800-2600 calories a day and 100-160 gms of carbs a day. I just do not graze on carbs all day. Some days I only eat the carb meal and fast the other 23 hours, other days I do a low carb meal of just protein/veggies if I need it based on hunger.

I am wondering if someone could post more specifics about what they are eating daily. The ones who are losing weight on this. Can you have veggies as well with the chicken? Are you limiting calories as well or can you eat as much as you want. Also, what exactly is the definition of the fried chicken involved? LOL Is it breaded like KFC, or skinless, just seasonings only with not crust, etc. I'd like to know more of the specifics, and how much weight has the person who started the thread lost since they started doing it. Sorry, but it is the scientist in me! Being on CAD I steer clear of SF/AS, MSG, even caffeine outside of my carb meal hour as all of those "can" cause insulin release in "some" people and I have found I am definitely one of "those people" that is sensitive to that stuff.

MIW
Old 06-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

MIW,...

I will try and answer as best I can and from my perspective only..

Right now, I consider myself to be at ( within) my personal Goal weight! I'm not saying I'm "there", according to the medical weight charts, but certainly there, personally, for me.. I've decided that I do not look good below 165, matter of fact, I've been told so by my sister-in-law and most recently by my tell-it-like-it-is-outspoken-mother-in-law" Heck when I hit the 180 mark, she was already telling me that "enough was enough"

I have to keep in mind though, that she's only known me fat and then over the years, I got even fatter until I reached over 330lbs.. My sister-in-law is heavy, probably 250-ish now ( just had a baby 6 months ago) Anyway, she was my eating buddy once upon a time and so in regards to her opinion, I kinda have to consider the source. Our relationship has changed since my loss, but that's another story..

Anyway, I say all this to convey that I tried the chicken fast thing, more-so outta curiosity and YES!! It certainly did work!! I don't fry chicken at home so most of the fried chicken that I did eat was store brought. I did also have baked chicken too, and actually more-so, baked than fried

I did eat a small amount of veggies and did not count calories, carbs and such. This woe is IMHO VERY self limiting!! A large chicken breast and perhaps a thy or leg later on w/ a little spinach and I was done for the day!!

Gotta tell ya too, that I got burned out on the chicken real easily and alternated fish ( salmon or talapia) in between. I have ( and have done so for a very LONG time now) instituted planned "Off" days, usually Saturdays in which I eat whatever I want and happily enjoy doing so : with no major effects, meaning that I don't spiral into a binge, whatever....

Want to also add that I gave up diet soft drinks and reduced my beloved coffee consumption I also work out daily, either power walk, Turbo Jam, or Kettle bells, and sometimes even a combination of both

Others will chime in and offer their opinion. HTH..

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...

Last edited by wastednuffime; 06-05-2013 at 04:36 AM..
Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Anna for sharing! So it sounds like regular fried chicken from the deli with crust and skin at least occaisionally was on your menu and was ok. But mainly baked chicken which would cut out the carbs.

Yes, I too would get quickly burned out on the same meat over and over so mixing in fish sounds like a good idea.

Keep us posted!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Are people still doing this or sticking with it for longer than a few days? Just curious again to see if this is something people can stick with or is it just to get a boost and drop weight quick?

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
I'm curious, too. Anna - was the chicken from the store coated with anything?

Fascinating thread!
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
I'm curious, too. Anna - was the chicken from the store coated with anything?

Fascinating thread!

I brought regular fried chicken, so yes it was coated and to be honest, IMHO, that's the best part!

The other chicken I ate was roasted. Oh and I hate Kentucky fried, so prefer to buy at the grocery store. Harris Teeters has the BEST hands down, fried chicken ever!!

Funny this thread re-surfaced cause I actually ate fried chicken on Friday, Sunday and again today, not necessarily "on purpose", but by happen-stance.

Its VERY self limiting, trust me...
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gordita
Stats: HW:338 CW:250 GW:189
WOE: LCHF
Is this something you just decided to do, or is this an actual diet? I mean, I know you said you were trying it, but do you know anyone else who has?

Last edited by gordita; 08-05-2013 at 08:44 PM..
gordita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, this sounds like me with my ice cream experiment. I really think this high fat thing has something to do with it. I used to eat fruit all day and a meal at night and would gain. Now I eat a pint of high fat Haagen Dazs butter pecan ice cream for lunch and dinner is fatty ribeye, salad loaded with ranch, more ice cream in a mug and lose a pound a day or maintain. I am thinking about trying some fried chicken for dinner with coleslaw and a lot of mayo. I am just worried about the health of it. I have read though that we have been lied to about the fat and low fat is actually bad for us. Any thoughts?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gordita
Stats: HW:338 CW:250 GW:189
WOE: LCHF
But the Haagen Daas has sugar (carbs) in it... a lot. That's interesting, though.
gordita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #85
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Okay, this sounds like me with my ice cream experiment. I really think this high fat thing has something to do with it. I used to eat fruit all day and a meal at night and would gain. Now I eat a pint of high fat Haagen Dazs butter pecan ice cream for lunch and dinner is fatty ribeye, salad loaded with ranch, more ice cream in a mug and lose a pound a day or maintain. I am thinking about trying some fried chicken for dinner with coleslaw and a lot of mayo. I am just worried about the health of it. I have read though that we have been lied to about the fat and low fat is actually bad for us. Any thoughts?
There are 310 calories in a half cup of that ice cream. It has 18 grams of sugar per serving. You stated you were losing weight, maintaining, etc., yet is consuming a pint plus of ice cream every day really beneficial for your overall health?

I would rethink this course of action.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I know, I don't get why I lose on Haagen Dazs butter pecan ice cream. I had cheese and coffee with heavy cream and splenda yesterday and didn't lose. Same dinner of ribeye, salad with ranch and ice cream too. Weird that I don't lose on low carb but I do on ice cream. Fried chicken has breading on it too which is like adding carbs too. Maybe it is the high fat that outweighs the sugars and starches?????

Last edited by oriana; 08-07-2013 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: needed to add
Old 08-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

I forgot to add that I am 110 pounds, and just took my blood pressure which is 101/75. I don't think I am in ill health. So tell me why I gain on "healthy" fruit and lost on unhealthy ice cream? Why do I lose on fried chicken????
Old 08-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i heard alot of people say same alot that healthy food cause gain weight with loads unhealthy caused them weight loss.. like eat all the junk food you like and lose and if you eat healthy foods you gain.. I once notice with eating like sugar loaded cereals verse healthy ones helped me lose verse gain and such.. plus who would rather fake ingredient icecream like that sugar free hard to pronounce stuff for lower calories verse the high calorie real stuff.. lol reall stuff feel well better with fewer ingredients and easy to pronounce : cream, milk, vanilla. sugar lol
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #89

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Oriana, it's fascnating and funny that you have such success with such a yummy ( and apparently sinful Muahaha) daily treat. Maybe it's that since you are maintaining, even that 18g of sugar is still much below the level of carbs that would cause you to stall or gain. Plus, I'd have to say that a similar amount of healthy fruits, veggies would have a lot more water for the same number of sugar grams and it could just be a lot of extra volume that is affecting the scale. Daily fluctuations are common among everyone. I'm happy it's working for you, you skinny minnie!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
Reading this makes me miss KFC's Double Downs. I had completely forgotten about those!

Wonder if they still have those at certain locations?
They still have them in California
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote