Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Re: KFC's Double Downs.
They no longer do grilled, boneless chicken breasts, so they will only do a fried double down.
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Got plenty baked chicken leftover from yesterday. I know its not fried, so may add a little fat on the side ( mayo, or ranch dressing..)

Anyway, I'm not one to waste food and fairly sure DH and DD won't eat it, so gonna actually give this a try for next few days, or until I run outta chicken

Keep ya posted...
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

So I'm sure this is just a total coincidence, but today is the first time in a VERY long time that I have not had ( now even desire to have...) any diet soda!!

And, on top of that,...I'm not dragging!! What I mean is that my day starts around 3:30am, and usually by now, I'm dragging -energy wise. NOT today though. I'm full of energy which is a good kinda weird...

All this has gotta be happen-stance, after-all, its just baked chicken right?

Back to add, I've also been to the bathroom to void thus far today, 8 times already, another weirdie...

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...

Last edited by wastednuffime; 05-13-2013 at 11:42 AM..
Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/225/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 05/16/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfreebabe View Post
Oh i got the chicken from my local supermarket I asked the man who cooks he says they do coat the chicken in a small amount of cornstarch and seasonings to make it crispy I am sure the carb count is so small its insignificant.
They have this at my Giant Eagle and I am thinking real serious about doing that. I have got so I HATE SALADS....
sweetpoison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfreebabe View Post
Hey guys i took one week to test something.Strange and bizzare as it might seems my results were good.Last week i purchased 50 pieces of fried chicken.
I have for the last week been having

Breakfast :2 fried chicken breast and one wing/water

Lunch:water

Dinner:2 breast,2 thighs and wing./water

Day 7 i have lost 8.9 lbs and my stomach is getting so flat.
The fried chicken was so greasy and crispy I really think it was high in fat and of course protein.

Im chickened out im making ground beef tonight i just wanted to share my results

Just curious. It's now five days since you posted. Have you kept the weight off?

I'm also looking to try this as I've been stuck at my second goal since 3/25. However, since I'm on a different WOE, I'm a bit worried I'll gain any losses back. OTOH, any movement would be nice.
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

2nd day of my *chicken fast* ...I guess this is more like Stillmans huh?..

Anyway, yesterday was a breeze. Felt GOOD all dang day and slept like a log last night. I did, however, have to get up about 3 times during, to pee...I lost count as to just how many trips to the bathroom i made in total over last 24 hours...

I jumped on the scale few minutes ago and although I *KNOW* its just water-weight, I'm down 3.6 from yesterday ..

I was 175.6 and now 172.0, so albeit probably short lived, ...I'll gladly Take it!!

I'm pretty much at goal, (me anyways) since I've never been thin and have basically been over weight / obese all my life . I decided that as long as I don't go over the 180 mark, I'm good
Old 05-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
Love that chicken! Shame chicken n dumpling and chicken noodle soup and chicken pot pie are not on the LC menu.
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ilikecarbs
Stats: 213.4/less than 213.4/190
WOE: Low Carb
Posting for interest...
ilikecarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
2nd day of my *chicken fast* ...I guess this is more like Stillmans huh?..

Anyway, yesterday was a breeze. Felt GOOD all dang day and slept like a log last night. I did, however, have to get up about 3 times during, to pee...I lost count as to just how many trips to the bathroom i made in total over last 24 hours...

I jumped on the scale few minutes ago and although I *KNOW* its just water-weight, I'm down 3.6 from yesterday ..

I was 175.6 and now 172.0, so albeit probably short lived, ...I'll gladly Take it!!

I'm pretty much at goal, (me anyways) since I've never been thin and have basically been over weight / obese all my life . I decided that as long as I don't go over the 180 mark, I'm good
Thanks for posting. I was getting a bit discouraged to try this chicken fast since I hadn't gotten any feedback on whether the weight loss stays or not. Keep us posted, ok? I'll try to get out and pick up some today. Not sure how much water weight I really have, but obviously my bod need a kick in the rear.

Chuck...You and me both! No one makes better chicken and dumplings than me. Although I'm not doing Atkins, those chicken dishes are not on the LGI WOE of eating either.

Last edited by Sharss; 05-14-2013 at 01:13 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow
Can this be for real? I love fried chicken. I just picked up an 8 piece bag of fried chicken from ACME. I'm going to be eating that and sf jello tonight for my night shift.
HappyisNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Remember, most fried chicken has lots of flour and several grams of carbs per piece. The OP posted that the chicken she was eating has only a light dusting of cornstarch. That's still carby, but less so than normal fried chicken.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyisNow View Post
Can this be for real? I love fried chicken. I just picked up an 8 piece bag of fried chicken from ACME. I'm going to be eating that and sf jello tonight for my night shift.
Good for you! Let us know how it goes for you.

I looked in my 'frig and I'll have to wait until Thursday or maybe tomorrow's night's meal to get started. Already have a couple of meals and fruits I have to get eaten up.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
Chuck...You and me both! No one makes better chicken and dumplings than me. Although I'm not doing Atkins, those chicken dishes are not on the LGI WOE of eating either.
There is a recipe for LC dumplings in the Recipes forum, and people have made chicken and dumplings (flat or puffy) with it. Don't know if they are low GI, but I would assume so. Recipe thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...dumplings.html
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
There is a recipe for LC dumplings in the Recipes forum, and people have made chicken and dumplings (flat or puffy) with it. Don't know if they are low GI, but I would assume so. Recipe thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...dumplings.html
Wow! Looks delicious! Thanks! All foods on LC are good on LGI.

What is great about this recipe is that the poster, buttoni, understands exactly what make a light and fluffy dumpling.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Wow! Looks delicious! Thanks! Most foods on LC are good on LGI.

What is great about this recipe is that the poster, buttoni, understands exactly what make a light and fluffy dumpling.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry for the double post. Was trying to correct "All foods...." to "Most foods...."
Old 05-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Completed my 2nd day and I am down another 1.5!!!

This makes 5.3 in only 2 days, if my math is correct...

I did not void nearly as much as day one, but certainly went more than usual. Physically, I still feel good, real good actually. Nonetheless though, I'm switching things up today, cause I'm kinda getting burned out on chicken. We had it Sunday ( for Mothers day dinner) and then I ate it *alone* Monday and yesterday...Perhaps had it been fried like the OP's was, it would be more palatable. Mine was baked and I been eating it cold..

So, today I'm having fish (Talapia fried / lightly dusted) and possibly some spinach. I am proud of myself too, for not having any diet soda since Sunday, which is amazing for me

I've long ago, gotten away from being a "scale junkie", and don't wanna go down that path again, so may weigh again tomorrow, just to see where I'm at and then leave it ( scale) alone for a week...
Old 05-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

We are currently in Branson enjoying lots of music. Now I have a great thing to look forwaed to when we return home next week. I will get me four 10# bags of chicken legs n thighs, take them home and cover them in my BBQ dry rub n smoke them in my smoker. That ought to be enough for a weeks chicken fast! I can hardly wait.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Well, picked up 16 pieces of oven-baked chicken at my local grocery store. However, not sure how well I'll do on a chicken fast though. Not sure how well I will give up my fruit. I had two pieces of chicken for dinner - with some fruit.

Hope I make it through at least one day. Would love to make it two days like wastednuffime.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
Well, picked up 16 pieces of oven-baked chicken at my local grocery store. However, not sure how well I'll do on a chicken fast though. Not sure how well I will give up my fruit. I had two pieces of chicken for dinner - with some fruit.

Hope I make it through at least one day. Would love to make it two days like wastednuffime.
Have to check local markets for some of that. Perhaps I could start a chicken fast before returning home.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #51
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow
I just wanted to chime in that after a whole day of ACME fried chicken, I went down 1.8lbs!!! I'm attributing it to water weight. Plus, today I was craving veggies so the food that i brought to work was mostly veggies.

The good news is that I'm craving fried chicken again so I might turn towards that for tomorrow again!
HappyisNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

I was 175.6 on Monday and right now I'm 169.4....

I have NOT been below the 170 mark in a very very long time!!! So, OK, I'm barely under, but nonetheless

Yesterday all I had was the fish ( Talapia, which was fried) and about 1/2 cup chopped spinach-cooked ( frozen kind)... I had talapia for b-fast ( weird I know..) and then 2 more pieces for lunch and another one w/the spinach for dinner...

I drank plenty of water, nothing but, as a matter of fact and I feel Great!!!!... I made it a point that every time I voided, I drank a full glass of water afterwards.

I'm feeling light and energetic, best way to describe it. I may do fish again today w/spinach. Its supposed to reach the low 90's and usually when its that hot, i don't feel much like eating anyways. I may return back to chicken tomorrow. This time fried Store brought though, cause I don't fry chicken at home, basically because I'm too lazy...

Also, gonna put the scale away until next week, while continuing on an intermittent chicken, fish fast /Stillmans , whatever plan,..
Old 05-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Back to add,,,,

not gonna change my stats, until i see for sure, if this sticks...
Old 05-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keh216
Stats: 254/183/170
WOE: Atkins-ish
Start Date: Jan 2009
I have heard of this being done with a rotisserie chicken. You eat one whole chicken throughout the day and nothing else......I'm not sure how many days I could keep it up and then I would be so upset if I went back to my normal WOE and gained ....I really feel like this is what would happen to me. My body isn't a big fan of being tricked for some reason.
keh216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keh216 View Post
I have heard of this being done with a rotisserie chicken. You eat one whole chicken throughout the day and nothing else......I'm not sure how many days I could keep it up and then I would be so upset if I went back to my normal WOE and gained ....I really feel like this is what would happen to me. My body isn't a big fan of being tricked for some reason.
I hear ya!!

What I been doing for a LONG time now, is eating LC 5 days a week and basically anything I want on the other two. When I sat "LC", I don't mean in that "fanatic' sense that I used to be. I describe myself now, more as "carb Conscious"..

Anyway, Long story short, this came about after I lost the majority of my weight!! I wanted ( and needed) to prove to myself that my having a slice of whole grain bread, or a baked potato, whatever, every once in a while, was not gonna derail me, or mentally propel me into *food land* ...which it didn't

This Saturday is, or will be one of my *whatever* days. I will continue on this pattern and weigh again next Thursday and update then...
Old 05-17-2013, 04:27 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Putz
Stats: 161/144.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 03-05-2013
wasted...great results!!
I think I want to try this for a few days.
Putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:37 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putz View Post
wasted...great results!!
I think I want to try this for a few days.
Thank you!!!

And thanks too, to the OP for starting this thread!!

Today makes day 5 and I still feel GREAT!!! Easy-peasy, no desire or temptations whatsoever...And,..amazingly, I'm not having the low blood sugar episodes that I had in the past when going very LC.

I'm not a diabetic. My Doctor assured me of that, cause silly me, i was somehow convinced that I was Whenever I would go really LC, I experienced low blood sugar-like symptoms and actually once had my BS taken at work and it was a 50-something . True enough, I had not eaten all day and what I had the day before was basically nothing..

Anyway, NOT this time though and i am assuming that my intake is fairly LC too I'm eating 3 meals a day too, which is something I rarely did before either...

Yesterday I had fish and spinach again. Today will be chicken and broccoli..

Last edited by wastednuffime; 05-17-2013 at 05:38 AM..
Old 05-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Bought a roasted chicken last night at the grocery. Haven't started it yet as we will be out all day and I am taking easier to carry snack items. Cheese sticks, nuts, boiled eggs, etc. Looking forward to chicken for supper.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck41 View Post
Bought a roasted chicken last night at the grocery. Haven't started it yet as we will be out all day and I am taking easier to carry snack items. Cheese sticks, nuts, boiled eggs, etc. Looking forward to chicken for supper.
Love your enthusiasm, Chuck!

I'm down 1#, but that was from Wed. night chicken dinner. Did great keeping to the fast yesterday (with fruit though) until last night. I'm in this for only two days so hope more loss from today. However, my 1# did give me a NEW LOW which makes me a very happy camper. Broke my stall which is basically my bod's weight set-point.

Happy Day, folks!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Warning.....TMI below...

I been sticking totally to my chicken or fish w/ / 1/2 cup-spinach or 1/2 cup-broccoli regime...

STILL feeling great!! Loads of energy and loving the roominess of my clothing..However this morning I was having slight cramps, used the restroom, and well lets just say that I was surprised at how much "emptying" ensued ...I'm not complaining though, cause I could very well be experiencing the opposite...

Anyway, The only thing I did different lately was adding in some green tea. Yesterday I drank 2 16oz bottles of the Sf green tea, along with plenty of plain water...

Does anyone know if green tea is known for this effect? I'm just curious cause veggie wise, my intake is minimal..

Thanks!!