Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #571
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Eating good today. Sardines and BBQ chicken along with potatoes and navy beans. Salad. Got my good gelatin in on the days I don't have bone broth made.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #572
Senior LCF Member
 
Mamatomany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 257
Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Het ya,ll quick? Doing a potato hack can you have a glass of wine? No fat in red wine...just a few carbs...far les a stinkin potato that I know!
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Het ya,ll quick? Doing a potato hack can you have a glass of wine? No fat in red wine...just a few carbs...far les a stinkin potato that I know!
I have not tried this during a hack, but I have had wine on down day before. So, in brief, I don't know???
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Kt, I wouldn't sweat a few pounds from the holiday. More than likely, it is mostly water gain from treats & carbs. It will leave w/ a few good days. If you don't feel like a tater day. Just eat clean for a couple and that will help. I had quite a filling day yesterday, (all PHD) then strictly taters for dinner and still lost. I did drink a lot of water. It felt like I was thirsty from the time I woke until I went to bed. Today, I have not so I am sure I will not see a loss in the morning.

Lindy, I am amazed at your dedication. I decided to try and make some homemade tomatilla salsa verde. I believe it sounds like the perfect addition to my baby dutch golden taters tomorrow.
__________________
""Nutrient hunger can cause weight loss to plateau and reverse, even if the diet does not change."--Paul Jaminet
I guess I am a little weird, I like to talk to animals.
.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Key Tones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,444
Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Thank you, I hope so. I can tell my pants are tighter through the hips, so I am not too optimistic. However, it won't take long in any case to get back off with some discipline.
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,400
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Het ya,ll quick? Doing a potato hack can you have a glass of wine? No fat in red wine...just a few carbs...far les a stinkin potato that I know!
In general it's not within the spirit of the plain hack. However, for people doing this repeatedly, as long as the wine is consumed observing the 4hr window away from potato, it might be worth an expt. for you.

No fat in red wine, as you say, but the alcohol is preferentially burned as a fuel before others and I can't anticipate the BS/insulin response.

Last edited by SlowSure; 05-29-2013 at 10:29 PM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,400
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I had my 1st tbsp of unmodified PS last night. It says a lot that my DH didn't even hitch an eyebrow, far less roll his eyes.

No adverse tum noises etc during the night so I might have a scant tsp this morning and then a tbsp before bed.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #578
Senior LCF Member
 
Mamatomany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 257
Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
In general it's not within the spirit of the plain hack. However, for people doing this repeatedly, as long as the wine is consumed observing the 4hr window away from potato, it might be worth an expt. for you.

No fat in red wine, as you say, but the alcohol is preferentially burned as a fuel before others and I can't anticipate the BS/insulin response.
I didn't realize there was rules for the ph I just thought you consumed no fat and only potatoes for 3 days. Please enlighten me as the 4 hour rule? thanks
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:43 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member
 
Mamatomany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 257
Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Was at the library this week and got The Aztec Diet out...hmmm.. well what do you think about chia seeds? Does anybody use them to fill your tummy...it seems the research that went into this book has some legitemacy. Not whole chia seeds, but ground chia...like tablespoons in your smoothie type amounts.? They seem to be a superfood in their own right...would that be phD style?
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,400
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
I didn't realize there was rules for the ph I just thought you consumed no fat and only potatoes for 3 days. Please enlighten me as the 4 hour rule? thanks
That's pretty much what I meant, if you do end up drinking some wine or eating fat or say a different vegetable, just make sure to eat it 4-6hrs away from eating potato, so you don't alter the BS/insulin response or the glycaemic load of the potato.

If you're doing the plain hack - eg, eating pretty much nothing but potato or rice with broth or other FF items used in condiment-like quantities, then you don't have to observe any time issues. I hope this makes sense.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Was at the library this week and got The Aztec Diet out...hmmm.. well what do you think about chia seeds? Does anybody use them to fill your tummy...it seems the research that went into this book has some legitemacy. Not whole chia seeds, but ground chia...like tablespoons in your smoothie type amounts.? They seem to be a superfood in their own right...would that be phD style?
Yes, SlowSure is right about the Blood Glucose and wine. I forget to differentiate between tater fasting and just eating taters daily.

Mama, I went through a phase of eating chia every day in my smoothie and after reading PHD, realize that I was going overboard and receiving too much PUFA.
On Chia, you may want to read up on PUFA's before doing this. Chris Kresser and Paul Jaminet have a lot to say about inflammation caused by excess Omega6. 1 oz of Chia has 9g fat, almost all of which is PUFA. For anyone aiming to keep PUFA intake around 4-5% of cals, this is a lot of PUFA.

From Kresser's "Another Reason you Shouldn't Go Nuts on the Nuts"~
Quote:
One of the main principles of the Paleo diet is to avoid eating grains and legumes because of the food toxins they contain. One of those toxins, phytic acid (a.k.a. phytate), is emphasized as one of the greatest offenders.

But what is often not mentioned in books or websites about the Paleo diet is that nuts are often as high or even higher in phytic acid than grains. In fact, nuts decrease iron absorption even more than wheat bread2. This is ironic because a lot of people on the Paleo diet – who go to great lengths to avoid food toxins – are chowing down nut like they’re going out of style.
What is phytic acid and why should we care?

Phytic acid is the storage form of phosphorus found in many plants, especially in the bran or hull of grains and in nuts and seeds. Although herbivores like cows and sheep can digest phytic acid, humans can’t. This is bad news because phytic acid binds to minerals (especially iron and zinc) in food and prevents us from absorbing them. 3 Studies suggest that we absorb approximately 20 percent more zinc and 60 percent more magnesium from our food when phytic acid is absent4. It’s important to note that phytic acid does not leach minerals that are already stored in the body; it only inhibits the absorption of minerals from food in which phytic acid is present.

Phytic acid interferes with enzymes we need to digest our food, including pepsin, which is needed for the breakdown of proteins in the stomach, and amylase, which is required for the breakdown of starch. Phytic acid also inhibits the enzyme trypsin, which is needed for protein digestion in the small intestine.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #582
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 24,961
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Was at the library this week and got The Aztec Diet out...hmmm.. well what do you think about chia seeds? Does anybody use them to fill your tummy...it seems the research that went into this book has some legitemacy. Not whole chia seeds, but ground chia...like tablespoons in your smoothie type amounts.? They seem to be a superfood in their own right...would that be phD style?
Funny you should mention this book. The author (I believe he is Dr Bob Arnot, right?) was on The 700 Club this morning. And they were talking about the superfood that can make you skinny. I was exercising during his little blurp, so I didn't watch him. But I am sure he will be on their website later on today. I now that chia is a source of omegas, so I am not sure if they would go with the PH. I don't know enough of the PH to comment on what is allowed and what is not. Despite doing the potato hack myself

There is a thread on the chia, here it is:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...a-recipes.html


OK. I found the 700 Club on another channel. he is coming on next. He said "a magazine called it mini-lap band surgery" when he was talking about the "bulking up" properties of the chia seed. So I think so many are liking the benefits of the appetite suppression it gives.
__________________
Dawn in SC

Last edited by dawnyama; 05-30-2013 at 07:15 AM..
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #583
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 24,961
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Well, looky there. I believe sunday beat me to the punch or I should say post
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,618
Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Eating good today. Sardines and BBQ chicken along with potatoes and navy beans. Salad. Got my good gelatin in on the days I don't have bone broth made.
YUM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Kt,
Lindy, I am amazed at your dedication. I decided to try and make some homemade tomatilla salsa verde. I believe it sounds like the perfect addition to my baby dutch golden taters tomorrow.
YUM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Het ya,ll quick? Doing a potato hack can you have a glass of wine? No fat in red wine...just a few carbs...far les a stinkin potato that I know!
YUM.

Okay that does it, I think I'm starving!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #585
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 24,961
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Funny you should mention this book. The author (I believe he is Dr Bob Arnot, right?) was on The 700 Club this morning. And they were talking about the superfood that can make you skinny. I was exercising during his little blurp, so I didn't watch him. But I am sure he will be on their website later on today. I now that chia is a source of omegas, so I am not sure if they would go with the PH. I don't know enough of the PH to comment on what is allowed and what is not. Despite doing the potato hack myself

There is a thread on the chia, here it is:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...a-recipes.html


OK. I found the 700 Club on another channel. he is coming on next. He said "a magazine called it mini-lap band surgery" when he was talking about the "bulking up" properties of the chia seed. So I think so many are liking the benefits of the appetite suppression it gives.

There is some info on the chia you can get from the 700 club. It is cbn though, not the 700 club. I wish I could just link it, but don't think I can
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Since everyone has been mentioning walking now that the weather is nice, I thought I would share something I watched last week that is so inspirational to me.

Walking/sprinting has been my all time fav exercise since I was a teen. It is very therapeutic. This guy, Papa Joe, was on The Doctor's tv show this week and he has shed 250 lbs by walking daily and eating healthy. He also shows how he was able to clean his diet by simply eating from the 99cent store. Now, I have to admit to being surprised, because we don't have a 99cent store. We have a Dollar General and it doesn't have the clean food that he endorses. I wish.

Enjoy!

sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Key Tones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,444
Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Ah, wonderful story.

I have often noted that I have effortly lost weight during times when I have had to do an unusual amount of walking or time on my feet. Here are three examples of when I lost 10 pounds wtihout knowing it happened:

1) took a job washing cars in high school - on feet 4 hours per day.
2) could not get a nearby parking lot to college and did not know how to plan a schedule to make it to class on time- walked hours from the football parking lot to campus then booking it around campus to get to various classes on time. I did not get the freshman 15. I lost 10 right away.
3) moving - hours on my feet packing and packing


I have often heard exercise does not help with weight loss, but it does help me, as long as it isn't the typical high intensity 1/2 in the gym. You always hear how the # of calories burned does not amount to much. I think it is hormonal. I think the long time on the feet walking helps with insulin resistance, and that is what works.
__________________
I'm hanging out here:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html

Last edited by Key Tones; 05-30-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Key Tones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,444
Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Sisson/Mark's Daily Apple on Chia Seeds:


Chia Seeds

Even though I’ve written about chia seeds already on two separate occasions, people keep asking me about them. So, to start with, read those two posts. They’re high in plant omega-3, ALA, which, according to most evidence, we humans are not great at converting into EPA and DHA, the long chain omega-3s that our bodies truly require. However, I’d like to add a couple new thoughts to the subject:

There’s some recent evidence that moderately-longish term chia seed supplementation (7 weeks long) can actually increase plasma ALA and EPA levels in postmenopausal women. That ALA increased isn’t a surprise, since ALA is the predominant fat in chia, but the 30% EPA increase was a bit of a shock. Perhaps the conversion rate can be higher (although DHA levels slightly decreased). It’s worth noting that these were milled chia seeds, which are easier to digest (and, presumably, absorb the nutrients within) than whole seeds. That could have had a measurable impact.

I’ve been down on fiber in the past. Still am, in fact, provided you’re talking about insoluble, bowel-rending, toilet-bowl-filling fiber. But soluble fiber? Fiber that feeds the gut flora? Fiber that actually promotes gut health? Fiber that gets fermented into short chain fatty acids with a host of health benefits? I’m okay with that kind of fiber, and chia seeds have plenty of it. However, since soluble fiber is “active” in your gut, it can cause gastrointestinal distress, especially if you aren’t used to eating plant matter rich in the stuff.

Verdict: Primal, but be wary of any superfood claims (unless they’re talking about liver and pastured egg yolks), closely monitor your fiber tolerance, and don’t rely on them for your omega-3s.
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member
 
Mamatomany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 257
Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
I was just hoping for a builking up feeling with a protein smoothie. I want to add milled chia seeds to a smoothie in hopes it will fill me up more? My raw cow/goat milk keifer, protein, some dehydrated kale, stevia, and chocolate or vanilla flavoring (unsweetened cocoa powder or vanilla extract). I want to drink one to replac e ameal every day. and then eat phd style the rest of the time. Meaning a big old salad with protein and good dinner I just wanna maintain. Hoping not to have gained with this 3 day hack. I lost 1.5 lbs. the first day, then .5 lbs. the second, we will see what the scale totals tomorrow. But I hope to do a shake as a meal replacement starting tomorrow.
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #590
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Weight going down again. Staying on plan but haven't eatern PS or bone broth lately. I did receive The Great Lakes beef gelatin so I will add it. I did make my first fermented veggies today. Yea!!! ' Totally easy... I'm so intimidated by new things.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:31 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member
 
Mamatomany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 257
Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Well I lost 4.4 pounds in a 3 day potato hack...I haven't seen the scale move like that - well I have never seen the scale move like that before. Now what to do to keep it off 121.4 looks pretty darn good I assume it is mostly water right?

Great job Lindy! My next task is Kimchi making do you have Nourishin Traditions by Sally Fallon? I love that book, and I bet she has a great recipe(s) for it!
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:09 AM   #592
Senior LCF Member
 
Mamatomany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 257
Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Just re-reading the first few pages of this WOE..Have a few questions:

1. Flaxseed meal?
2. Hazelnut meal?
3. Blanched almond flour?

I use these regularly to make a bread in a mug to smear some coconut butter on or egg salad. I also eat pizza crust using this? Thoughts or suggestions on bread products
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member
 
Lindy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 545
Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Well, the weight keeps bouncing up and down again. Back up to 231. Boo.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
I was just hoping for a builking up feeling with a protein smoothie. I want to add milled chia seeds to a smoothie in hopes it will fill me up more? My raw cow/goat milk keifer, protein, some dehydrated kale, stevia, and chocolate or vanilla flavoring (unsweetened cocoa powder or vanilla extract). I want to drink one to replac e ameal every day. and then eat phd style the rest of the time. Meaning a big old salad with protein and good dinner I just wanna maintain. Hoping not to have gained with this 3 day hack. I lost 1.5 lbs. the first day, then .5 lbs. the second, we will see what the scale totals tomorrow. But I hope to do a shake as a meal replacement starting tomorrow.
I think chia (just like my beloved walnuts/pumpkin seed) will be something that I will always need to limit and this is my own belief after reading the PHD. I am trying to eliminate toxins and inflammation. Unfortunately, PUFA's will always be hidden in so many things that I like.
I believe, if it is once a day and is a very small amount then this is going to be something you will need to weigh in your grand scheme of "perfect health".
I will go ask on the FB group because Paul has been jumping in and responding quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Weight going down again. Staying on plan but haven't eatern PS or bone broth lately. I did receive The Great Lakes beef gelatin so I will add it. I did make my first fermented veggies today. Yea!!! ' Totally easy... I'm so intimidated by new things.
I am so thrilled Lindy! My weight has stayed down after losing the 2.4, so this means that if it was water then it is truly gone. Hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Well I lost 4.4 pounds in a 3 day potato hack...I haven't seen the scale move like that - well I have never seen the scale move like that before. Now what to do to keep it off 121.4 looks pretty darn good I assume it is mostly water right?

Great job Lindy! My next task is Kimchi making do you have Nourishin Traditions by Sally Fallon? I love that book, and I bet she has a great recipe(s) for it!
OMG! 4.4 in 3 days and at your weight is truly remarkable! Are you doing the RS as well?

I love kimchi! love it and I have been buying the Natural Grocer brand, but will learn to make it this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Just re-reading the first few pages of this WOE..Have a few questions:

1. Flaxseed meal?
2. Hazelnut meal?
3. Blanched almond flour?

I use these regularly to make a bread in a mug to smear some coconut butter on or egg salad. I also eat pizza crust using this? Thoughts or suggestions on bread products
Bev (Sungoddess) wrote a lot about almond flour, I will have to go dig it up. All of these flours are in the same category as the PUFA, I spoke about. I would try and watch how much, but that is my own personal belief. I am now using Potato, Tapioca, & Brown Rice flour in my baking cut w/ coconut flour.

Last edited by sunday; 05-31-2013 at 10:19 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,618
Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Well, the weight keeps bouncing up and down again. Back up to 231. Boo.
Boo is right. Go get 'em Lindy!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Whoops! just now read KeyTones wonderful reply! If Kresser says this, I believe it! It is worth trying out chia in this form (milled), I am going to have to go look this up! Thanks for the info!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,400
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
I think I have to go back to the potatoes. I'm going to work on eating more vegetables and work in nutritional yeast.
The information about resistant starch and potatoes just gets more and more interesting.

The blog "Fanatic Cook" has some decent posts about resistant starch along with references to various studies. Across various posts there, there is good discussion of the second meal effect, short-chain fatty acids, butyrate production and the impact of potatoes/resistant starch on FBG etc.

I'm persevering with the PS and shall do my best to record any obvious outcomes.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
The information about resistant starch and potatoes just gets more and more interesting.

The blog "Fanatic Cook" has some decent posts about resistant starch along with references to various studies. Across various posts there, there is good discussion of the second meal effect, short-chain fatty acids, butyrate production and the impact of potatoes/resistant starch on FBG etc.

I'm persevering with the PS and shall do my best to record any obvious outcomes.
Just reading the testimonies of the people on PHD who have been doing this for a trial, has me very hopeful. I hope you will not give up right away, because it took me a couple of weeks before I became used to the potato starch and less suffering of side effects such as bloat, gas, etc.

Quote:
RS intake seems to decrease postprandial glycemic and insulinemic responses, lower plasma cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations, improve whole body insulin sensitivity, increase satiety, and reduce fat storage. These properties make RS an attractive dietary target for the prevention of diseases associated with dyslipidemia and insulin resistance as well as the development of weight loss diets and dietary therapies for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease.
ingentaconnect Resistant Starch: Metabolic Effects and Potential Health Benefits
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Key Tones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,444
Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Whoops! just now read KeyTones wonderful reply! If Kresser says this, I believe it! It is worth trying out chia in this form (milled), I am going to have to go look this up! Thanks for the info!
Oh, it was Mark Sisson - MDA, unless you mean there was a comment somewhere.

It seems you can always find a reason to eat or not eat just about anything.
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I can't recall who came by and said they were going to start taking the potato starch due to their mother suffering from colon cancer, but I must agree, that if anyone has either stomach or colon cancer in their genetic history, this would be a valuable supplement.

Quote:
As the substantial contribution of resistant starch to food nutritional quality and disease prevention becomes more obvious, the challenge of incorporating it in the diet and increasing its intake remains. Western diets in particular, are estimated to have very low levels of resistant starch, and this has been linked to the prevalence of some of the non-infectious diseases such as colorectal cancer and type 2 diabetes. There is a need therefore to increase the consumption of foods high in resistant starch. Resistant starch levels in food are determined by the nature of the starch and the processing techniques applied in production. Application of processes that optimize and stabilize resistant starch and its utilization as an ingredient in functional food product development will greatly contribute to its availability for consumption. This will enable attainment of the attendant physiological benefits of resistant starch, primarily in the area of disease prevention.
Emerald | Nutrition & Food Science | Resistant starch: a potential functional food ingredient
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.