Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Sunday?
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I saw more tornados today in her area.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sunday, we are praying for everyone in your area. It looks as if you are in the middle of everything.

Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Thank you everyone, I appreciate the thoughts & prayers! I am doing fine, just so sad & heartbroken. Bless all of the victims! Still hearing from loved ones and friends that have lost so much. We have storms still yet today. I am probably not going to be on here till tomorrow. I lost power most of yesterday and could only see facebook via my iphone. The most difficult for me yesterday was that our cells did not work , causing me much anxiety waiting to hear from everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Sunday, you may be tickled to learn that after your persuasive postings on the topic of BRM unmodified potato starch over on JUDDD I have parted with a the highway robbery sum involved in purchasing some in the UK.
Since coming back to LCFs in January, I've bought a mass of ingredients that I've never purchased before (eg, sugar-free syrups, lupin flour), spent 28 days eating nothing but potatoes and rice, and now I'm about to start eating potato starch. (I've just had to re-order my SF syrups and some other items.)

Reading back in this thread, it's odd how very different eating preferences are. Liver, bacon and onion gravy is a very popular dish in some parts of the UK. Liver was a staple for long periods of my childhood. However, my DH had rarely eaten it before he married me, so there are differences even within the UK.
SlowSure, I am so thrilled that you were able to get the BRM, but wish that it didn't cost you so much. I am discovering new foods every week and I have been eating PHD since Jan. Just found the most delightful sheep's milk yogurt, that tastes every bit as decadent as the Fage greek yogurt. I love this WOE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartbubby View Post
Hello everyone, I was wondering if this would also work for someone who is doing JUDD not low carbing.
Yes. You will discover soon how adoptable this is. I transitioned to 8 hour window and 16 hour fasting with really no difficulty. Although, some don't eat in the window and IF in JUDDD manner. Whatever works for you!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 05-21-2013 at 08:08 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is good to hear from you Sunday! What an awful situation
Old 05-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you KT.

In all of this heartache, we have a few precious miracles that I will share. This one really teared me up this morn. God bless this woman.

Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble - CBS News Video

Another miracle for me personally, is that the home I recently sold where I lived for 5 years and then my son moved in and lived until last May is in the neighborhood that took the direct hit in Moore.

Last edited by sunday; 05-21-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Sunday, glad you're ok. What a nightmare. I am out of pocket for a day or two and totally not eating on plan. Will have to start over. Hum...
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

So relieved to hear you came through the storm, Sunday.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
SlowSure, I am so thrilled that you were able to get the BRM, but wish that it didn't cost you so much. I am discovering new foods every week and I have been eating PHD since Jan. Just found the most delightful sheep's milk yogurt, that tastes every bit as decadent as the Fage greek yogurt. I love this WOE.
How kind of you to come and update/respond to us amidst so much disruption and upset.

Best wishes that you, those whom you love, and those who love you, emerge as unscathed as practical given the wretched conditions.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all~
Just stopping in to say that I am so busy & overwhelmed that I have very little time, but want to at least give a word. I am trying to get back in for last minute doctor appts, before my last day w/ current insurance. Very stressful. My doc seems to be overwhelmed with tornado victims and injuries. Which unfortunately, means her life is at the max stress level as well.

Had to quit watching the local news. Just needed a break. I have seen a few photos of my old neighborhood. Have not been able to speak to any of my neighbors. Praying that they are safe and hoping for the best.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #521
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
sunday

Thanks for checking in
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday - good to hear from you.

I have to say the news has been hard for me to take too. I have peeked at the news but have to pull away from it. Same with the Boston marathon bombings. My husband passed away last year (young, only 53). If I see someone with raw pain, I can't handle it.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KT, I understand and wish to express my sympathy about the loss of your husband. I don't know the facts, but I know that the grief is with you always. Please know that we care and I am sorry and wish you healing. The pain is real and it is suffering beyond what we can comprehend.
My father was killed when mom was only 39 and this significantly changed my life. I was 17.

In regards to the OK tornado, I am devastated at the loss of life, but awestruck that this could have been much more disastrous. 13,000 homes where destroyed, yet only 24 have lost their life? That is miraculous. Only 260 hospitalized for injuries? I feel such relief to know this one important truth. The strength and force of this storm was supposedly the magnitude of the bomb at Hiroshima. If you weigh the facts, we should have had many more lives lost.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Sunday. We have a daughter; she was only 17 when he passed. It is her loss that somehow hurts me more than my own. She was close to him; they were so alike.

I am so so sorry for your loss. I'm sure it is never easy, but it seems especially hard at 17.

She wanted him to be at graduation; she wanted to tell him she got into UW. Oh my gosh, on and on, it is so sad.

He didn't survive the artificial heart transplant; he had heart failure - damage caused by harsh radiation treatments in 1980 for Hodgkins Lymphoma when he was 21. They didn't know his heart was damaged until he was in his 40s.

Regarding the destruction - I had the same thoughts. I can't believe the devastation. It seems incredible that so many people survived.

Hang in there, Sunday.

Have you heard if your old house is still standing?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Old 05-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Sunday I'm so sorry you're going through such devastation and fear. I was in Northwest AR two years ago when Joplin was flattened. We were 50 miles south in Bentonville. My grand girls were in and out of the closet all night and when DH and I left the next, we were hours ahead of the following storms and tornados. My DD and her family moved back to San Diego that fall, they had had enough. I'm so grateful they are home with us. I saw rthe clip about the lady whose dog got yanked out of her arms during the storm. It made me do the "ugly cry". You're right of course, it could have been so much worse in terms of lost lives..but the devastation. They will never be the same.

KT

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KT,
Your daughter will always cherish all of her good times and memories. I am sure her graduation was bittersweet, mine was as well. Sometimes, I will try and remember his laugh and wish that I had more photos. I am sure you have many that she cherishes.

Blonde,
I still have trouble thinking about Joplin. Tragically, the reason for so many casualties in Joplin was due to the fact they literally only had a few minutes warning. Some said they didn't have any warning. 160 casualties. Also, I believe that their tornado stayed on the ground for 38 minutes and covered more area.

In Moore we had about 16 minutes of warning which saved lives, although, the mistake that some people made was trying to beat the system and then they couldn't get to safety in time. This was on the ground for 50 minutes, but it moved very slow (35 miles per hour) thus the reason for such devastation. I received my first warning at about 3:00 pm, had just dropped my son off to pick up his car and his dad was going to help him work on it. I called him back and screamed to drive south, not back north to his fathers. It was so frustrating because we would be cut off by our overloaded cell towers. So, I never was able to say much. Very frustrating. I knew as well as anyone who lived here back when we had our last F5, that this was going to be horrific.

Another touching and uplifting story...

Tornado birth: Mom endures labor as twister destroys hospital - Vitals
Old 05-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Incredible view of the path of destruction w/ GIS. It is difficult to describe, but this shows the before and after...

http://tmappsevents.esri.com/website/swipe_moore/
Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Sunday, I haven't seen anything like that. It is so scary to see the before/after.

I went to grief group tonight. It helped a bit. It is painful to spend the time thinking and talking through things, but necessary.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, gang, I am going to get to business today and start logging my meals. I haven't been doing anything since Sunday. Seems that I haven't done any damage, just not following the path and NO exercise. I have not had any appetite. No stress eating. Just don't feel the need to eat. Today will be 2 meals of PHD foods, potatoes for dinner and eating in 7 hour window.

Where is Bev! Anyone heard from her? I miss her! Hope she is okay!

Lindy? CiCi? Hope you are hanging in there! I am so wanting to get my exercise back in a routine. It feels so good to workout even if it is just walking and HIIT.

Last, I will leave one more amazing and heroic story about a daycare center. I can't wrap my mind around their quick thinking heroics.

Daycare heroics saved 13 lives | NewsOK Videos

KT, I found our old home and it is standing! If you drag your finger to the right on the GIS and go 3 miles to Western & south to 160th, our little street went unscathed. It looks like the houses at the far north end of our neighborhood were completely wiped away. And just like you read in the paper, it would be common to walk out and see nothing for a mile, the whole landscape wiped clean, but your home and side of the street is fine.

Last edited by sunday; 05-24-2013 at 05:26 AM..
Old 05-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Back on track after being out of town for 3 days. No way to stay on plan. Today is back to eating potatoes, sardines, salads and wholesome. Weight was up from 231 to 232.8. Thought it would be more. Hotel staying is the pitts food wise, Hope next week is better. The stress alone is massive. Sunday, I know you are hurting.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Well, I'm kinda doing the PHD style this week I have been eating a mound of salad everyday, and putting a tablespoon of dehydrated kale in my keifer smoothie everyday I have been focusing on protein a lot. That is included in all my meals (eggs, chicken, grass fed beef). I have been exercising too for the past 2 weeks. I feel great. One question tho. If I do BPC in the moring and exercise I normally would follow exercise with protein of some sort, but wanted to not eat until 12 and end at 7 like some are doing here.

I am not doing some iron man thing or anything, a 20 minute dumbell routine, but I surely work up a sweat...then barn chores for an unfortunate amount of time just wondering the consensious on teh BPC, exercise, and protein.
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Back on track after being out of town for 3 days. No way to stay on plan. Today is back to eating potatoes, sardines, salads and wholesome. Weight was up from 231 to 232.8. Thought it would be more. Hotel staying is the pitts food wise, Hope next week is better. The stress alone is massive. Sunday, I know you are hurting.
Thank you Lindy. I have been pondering ideas & ways to help. Manpower and financially. Getting ready to take my first load of household goods to the trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Well, I'm kinda doing the PHD style this week I have been eating a mound of salad everyday, and putting a tablespoon of dehydrated kale in my keifer smoothie everyday I have been focusing on protein a lot. That is included in all my meals (eggs, chicken, grass fed beef). I have been exercising too for the past 2 weeks. I feel great. One question tho. If I do BPC in the moring and exercise I normally would follow exercise with protein of some sort, but wanted to not eat until 12 and end at 7 like some are doing here.

I am not doing some iron man thing or anything, a 20 minute dumbell routine, but I surely work up a sweat...then barn chores for an unfortunate amount of time just wondering the consensious on teh BPC, exercise, and protein.
Wow! You are killing it Mama! Good for you!

I think you should be fine on the BPC & exercise. That is what I do, only my 1st meal is about 10:30. I have been doing my run in the morn and then when I get back, I try to do resistance even if it is just 10 minutes.

Your chores seem to be exercise on top of exercise. I wish you could eat before noon, but understand the thinking. Are you doing RS in your smoothie? I am only having 2x per day and it is keeping me very sated.

Also, I want to thank Nancy for reminding me about oil pulling. I had slacked off a bit and decided that I would really work at it again. This time I bought some sesame oil, because I want to try both sesame & coconut. Sesame oil is particularly high in the antioxidants sesamol, sesamin, and sesamolin. It also holds a high concentration of Vitamin E and polyunsaturated fatty acids. These antioxidants have been found to stop the absorption of negative forms of cholesterol in the liver. Multiple studies have shown the antibacterial capacities of sesame oil. These studies support the use of oil pulling in the prevention of dental cavities and gingivitis.

The Health Benefits of Oil Pulling - Global Healing Center

Quote:
Other Benefits
Overall strengthening of the teeth and gums and jaws.
Prevention of diseases of the gums and mouth, such as cavities and gingivitis.
Prevention for bad breath
Potential holistic remedy for bleeding gums
Prevention of dryness of the lips, mouth and throat.
Possible holistic treatment for TMJ and general soreness in the jaw area.

Benefits Beyond the Mouth?

Ancient Ayurvedic health practitioners believed that oil pulling could reduce more than just diseases of the mouth and throat. Today, many holistic practitioners tout its use for a variety of health concerns. It is believed that these oils help the lymphatic system of the body as harmful bacteria are removed and beneficial micro flora are given with a healthy environment to flourish. Because of this holistic perspective, oil pulling has been used as a preventative health measure for many other conditions.

Other possible benefits of oil pulling for overall health include:
woman covering mouth

Migraine headache relief
Correcting hormone imbalances
Reducing inflammation of arthritis
May help with gastro-enteritis
Aids in the reduction of eczema
May reduce symptoms of bronchitis
Helps support normal kidney function
May help reduce sinus congestion
Some people report improved vision
Helps reduce insomnia
Reduced hangover after alcohol consumption
Aids in reducing pain
Reduces the symptoms of allergies
Helps detoxify the body of harmful metals and organisms
Old 05-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday - thank you for the link on oil pulling. I have wondered what that is about when I see the occasional post about it.

On resistant starch - I have to say - wow. I went out to eat last night and I was not good. Not bad at first, I had a small Thai shrimp veg dish at dinner at a place that gives small but delicious servings. THen I went to yogurtland....

I thought my blood sugar was going to be out of whack this morning, but fasting was only 82! I was stunned. All I can say is it must have been the resistant starch. I had two doses earlier in the day in my kefir (I didn't eat other food early in the day knowing where I was going last night).

Weird!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, gang. Have been pretty busy wit work as things are starting to take off. Yay! Also no internet so just quick phone posts.

So sorry for the sadness being experienced in the wake of tornado and also KT with the loss of your DH.

I am taking a brrak from all plans until ??? Got some things to figure out and I lack the committment right now.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Evening, everyone... Hope you had a good day. Getting back to the grind on the diet. Stayed on plan but had almost 1400 calories. Still, on target. Sardines, bacon, chicken, potatoes and zucchini. Three squares of chocolate. (70% dark). Will have to start fermenting veggies and making bone broth again. I think we will be alright if we just get back to normal living again. So much turmoil going on.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick note to say I had a good day. Stayed on plan and did drop 1.2 lbs overnight. Yea!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
lucky you Lindy I ganied 3 in a week But, I feel great none the less!
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
On resistant starch - I have to say - wow. I went out to eat last night and I was not good. Not bad at first, I had a small Thai shrimp veg dish at dinner at a place that gives small but delicious servings. THen I went to yogurtland....

I thought my blood sugar was going to be out of whack this morning, but fasting was only 82! I was stunned. All I can say is it must have been the resistant starch. I had two doses earlier in the day in my kefir (I didn't eat other food early in the day knowing where I was going last night).
Weird!
I know this is exactly what they are reporting on the PHD & FTA site! I love to read these experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Hi, gang. Have been pretty busy wit work as things are starting to take off. Yay! Also no internet so just quick phone posts.

So sorry for the sadness being experienced in the wake of tornado and also KT with the loss of your DH.

I am taking a brrak from all plans until ??? Got some things to figure out and I lack the committment right now.
Thank you Cici! So thrilled to hear about your work!

Quote:
Evening, everyone... Hope you had a good day. Getting back to the grind on the diet. Stayed on plan but had almost 1400 calories. Still, on target. Sardines, bacon, chicken, potatoes and zucchini. Three squares of chocolate. (70% dark). Will have to start fermenting veggies and making bone broth again. I think we will be alright if we just get back to normal living again. So much turmoil going on.
Quote:
Just a quick note to say I had a good day. Stayed on plan and did drop 1.2 lbs overnight. Yea!!!
Congrats on being down 1.2 Lindy! And fantastic eating choices!

Just like Mama, I think I may have packed on a couple of pounds from this weekend. I finally ate yesterday, and I couldn't stop! And I agree with her, I feel excellent healthwise!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I drink my lemon water every single morning before anything else. I add 2 tbsp of ACV and enjoy.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HOW TO DO IT:
You should be using purified water and it should be lukewarm not scalding hot. You want to avoid ice cold water, since that can be a lot for your body to process and it takes more energy to process ice cold water than the warm. Always use fresh lemons, organic if possible, never bottled lemon juice. I squeeze 1/2 a lemon with each glass and I drink it down first thing before I eat a single thing, or workout, etc.