Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/238/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Still not hungry, but I am getting a headache. It's 12:30pm here.
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
This whole business of having no desire to eat is so beyond my comprehension as to make me wonder sometimes if you gals are pulling our collective legs.
What she said! And when I saw Sunday's 1046 day or whatever it was I nearly fainted.

(and thanks, Blonde!!)
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I know it doesn't seem like much food, but when taking RS and eating nothing but PHD, it is more than sufficient. Also remember during JUDDD which happened to be for the whole last year Feb to Dec, 950 cals per day! 1600/300

I do find it strange that it has kept me so sated. It is 3:30 pm and still feel like I just ate. And yes, I normally would be complaining but the nutrients keep me very happy.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
This whole business of having no desire to eat is so beyond my comprehension as to make me wonder sometimes if you gals are pulling our collective legs.
Right?? The diet junkie in me wants to believe it can happen for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Me too. I could use some of that I want no desire to eat too Way beyond my comprehension.
Yep, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttemple4 View Post
What she said! And when I saw Sunday's 1046 day or whatever it was I nearly fainted.

(and thanks, Blonde!!)
True dat. Your welcome

I know we've been over this ad nauseum, please forgive but just a couple of more questions /clarifications. I just got my BRM unmodified potato starch.

Regular dose: 3 tbs a day (1T at a time)? Start slow. Do we mix this with liquid and drink it...when? Before meals? On an empty stomach? With food? Thanks in advance for not slapping me around for asking silly questions.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Apparently, eating raw plantains is not recommended. Warnings of stomach ache found. The traditional preparations generally involve frying, roasting or grilling and fat. So this leaves me wondering, if we are eating them for the resistant starch, it would seem that we kill that by cooking them. Think I will try making chips with it.

Bev, I did find a tip that said boiling in the skin for 2-3 min before peeling made peeling easier.
Thanks. My directions for plantain flour say to soak in hot water for 10 minutes and be sure not to overcook so that is what I did this morning. They are sun drying now.I bought some plantain chips at TJ's today, just to taste them. They are baked in sunflower oil however. And I am sure they were not green plantains. I just tasted one. Hmmm.... maybe they are green ones. There is no sweet taste at all. Kind of like a cracker. Potato-chip like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
I made the plantain chips last month. They are dry and powdery. If I tried it again, I would put a lot more salt on them to try to make them *seem* like crackers (I did not get this sensation).
The TJ ones are not powdery at all. I hope my version works!

Quote:
This is how I feel too. Really? I never feel like that. I think my thing with food though is very rarely about hunger. I just love food- the tastes, sensations, the visual of it all. I have reached the point a few time in my life where I feel stuffed- like after Thanksgiving, but it isn't often.

Quote:
Me too. I could use some of that I want no desire to eat too Way beyond my comprehension.
Me three!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttemple4 View Post

(and thanks, Blonde!!)
Me too. I said, I see why I am not losing weight!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #366
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I promise that I have not been pulling anyone's leg! At first, I thought it could be the triphala. I began taking that on Monday as well. It has detoxed me like you wouldn't believe, so I know that I am not "backed up". I have been going like clockwork, right when I wake up. LOL!

I think it is good to slow down on this and work up to 3 tbsp. And then, I am wondering if we shouldn't take a break every few days??? This will ensure that you get the good benefits, but not overdo the RS.

Oh, and I have not had any RS today and I have only had 300 cals thus far of PHD yolks/liver/co and I can't even think of eating again today.

I hope you know I was only kidding. I desperately need some of that though. Anything to keep me from thinking of food, wishing to eat, wanting to eat. I just love food!!! I will try looking for the unmodified starch. I wonder if we can have it with the potato days? I wonder if it would be a bit much. Because if so, then I would hold on buying it til after I am done. When are you doing the potato hack? I am going to start up again on Tuesday. I wonder if the RS is making you not hungry or if it is the PHD you are eating?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #367

sungoddess

I am loving your avi!!! Every time I look at it my heart just swells such a cute puppy.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde,
I mix mine with cold water. As for dosing, I would start with 2 tbsp. per day and drink ea 1 hour before eating. I think the 3 tbsp. is what I would work up too. But, then if you want to feel like I do, then by all means, go for 3 tbsp. which is supposedly the optimal dosing.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
sungoddess

I am loving your avi!!! Every time I look at it my heart just swells such a cute puppy.
It melts my heart. I just love this pup and wish I could have her/him as mine.
The title under the pup said, "You're looking at my ear, aren't you." It makes me laugh and feel good. Thanks for sharing that.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
It occurexd to me to take my warm BB and taters and simply whip the PS back into them right before eating. They woumldn't be warm enougb to chang the starch.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hope you know I was only kidding. I desperately need some of that though. Anything to keep me from thinking of food, wishing to eat, wanting to eat. I just love food!!! I will try looking for the unmodified starch. I wonder if we can have it with the potato days? I wonder if it would be a bit much. Because if so, then I would hold on buying it til after I am done. When are you doing the potato hack? I am going to start up again on Tuesday. I wonder if the RS is making you not hungry or if it is the PHD you are eating?
Dawn, I never did the 2 week tater hack because I just felt like I needed to up my nutrients. That is one reason that I wanted to do a trial basis of only eating PHD (no extras) for a couple of weeks to see if I would feel better nourished or healthier. Then if all goes well, I could begin the hack. I also was thinking that if I couldn't lose weight by eating the "good stuff", then I may be needing more time nourishing this old body of mine.

I think you did so well on this last tater hack, that I would concentrate on eating very close to PHD as possible. Make sure that you get the 3 egg yolks, sardines or other cold water fish, good fats and veggies as possible. If you don't eat liver, try supp'ing with a good dessicated liver. Then in a couple of weeks do another tater hack and see how far it takes you.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 05-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
I got my RS in and will start tomorrow. 1 T. Todays eating went well. My totals were 59%/26%/15%. Close enough
1231 Calories
92 fat
89 carb
50 protein

B / coffee w/ hwc, potato salad
L / 2 weiners, 1 c sauerkraut
D / 3 oz pork roast, baked potato w/BB
S / 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Haven't done dinner or snack yet. But am prepared.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #373

Quote:
Dawn, I never did the 2 week tater hack because I just felt like I needed to up my nutrients. That is one reason that I wanted to do a trial basis of only eating PHD (no extras) for a couple of weeks to see if I would feel better nourished or healthier. Then if all goes well, I could begin the hack. I also was thinking that if I couldn't lose weight by eating the "good stuff", then I may be needing more time nourishing this old body of mine.

I think you did so well on this last tater hack, that I would concentrate on eating very close to PHD as possible. Make sure that you get the 3 egg yolks, sardines or other cold water fish, good fats and veggies as possible. If you don't eat liver, try supp'ing with a good dessicated liver. Then in a couple of weeks do another tater hack and see how far it takes you.

Thanks
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just spent quite a bit of time reading PHD and it is quite clear that weightloss mode will be different for everyone. Specifically all PHDers should be sure to keep within their own specific TDEE. Mine is lower now, but that doesn't mean that you or anyone else might not still lose at 1800 daily PHD cals. I say this out of concern that anyone will follow me by eating according to my TDEE. Please check where you should be according to your daily exercise/weight/age etc. Consideration for all of this needs to be according to your own meter. It really is different for each individual!

I want for everyone to be a success, but most importantly I want to see everyone enjoy living PHD healthwise.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
I got my RS in and will start tomorrow. 1 T. Todays eating went well. My totals were 59%/26%/15%. Close enough
1231 Calories
92 fat
89 carb
50 protein

B / coffee w/ hwc, potato salad
L / 2 weiners, 1 c sauerkraut
D / 3 oz pork roast, baked potato w/BB
S / 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Haven't done dinner or snack yet. But am prepared.
Sounds good Lindy. I think you should be able to eat at least 1300-1400 and lose, maybe more. I am thrilled that you are enjoying this.

ETA: I see where you say that he says that you should only eat 1200 to lose. But, I don't think Paul meant that for everyone, because the number is too general for all heights, ages, and sizes.
Thanks!

Last edited by sunday; 05-10-2013 at 08:29 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
My BRM potato starch is unmodified. Had a bit in water today and have not been hungry at all.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Morning everybody, hope you all have a great day. It feels like it's going to be a good one.

Sunday, I did go to Scooby's and my calorie count is 1584. I won't go that high but I'd like to have more than 1200. Glad you found the reference. Thank you. I did read something else about carb counts. Paul said to not count the carb calories for the root veggies. It takes your body so long to digest them that they don't count. Have you seen this? I have really had a good time over on that site. Hours and hours. I'm still tired. I wanted to do as much research as I can because my computer stays when I go. I have to check in periodically for a while.

I have big plans for the fermented veggies. But I am a procrastinator.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lindy, fermented veggie plans, eh? Where are you going???

Seabreezes, It is finally leaving my system today after taking a day off. I will try it again for a couple of days and then take a day off. Strange how the RS works so well, the best way that I can describe the feeling, is that you feel that you just ate a really large meal.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Well. I already messed up and had my PS with almond milk! Also, I'm kinda having a little anxiety attack, 10 minutes after. I doubt that there is an allergy problem since I eat potatoes all the time. It's just me being a freak I guess.

Next one will be with water. I remembered after I drank it that it works best if there is no protein present.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a wee little morning whine on my part...

I don't know how all of you with very busy lives do it. I clearly see why we moved to fast food and processed food in this nation. Trying to be healthy is so time consuming!! Even with the internet. Researching, sourcing, trying to find products, running around and buying ingredients from multiple places, ordering online and processing stuff at home. Making bone broth, making fermented veges, making my kefir and kombucha, growing and processing all of my herbs, homemade mayo and salad dressings, liver pate, baking from scratch and then cleaning up after all this. I feel like this takes hours! Plus trying to exercise, get in daily sunlight, daily socializing, enough sleep...
I know I don't have to do all of that and can buy sauerkraut and kombucha, but I am also trying to keep costs down and being healthy is expensive.

Oh and even the plantain chips. Soaking the plantain, peeling, slicing and drying them and turning and waiting and turning. I think I won't be doing that often either as the yield is very small.

Just needed to get that out and I will now Keep Calm and PHD.

Last edited by sungoddess; 05-11-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Old 05-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't think that should be a problem Blonde! I really don't. I drank the RS in my green smoothie. Once I sprinkled it on my apple pancakes. I don't mind drinking it in water because it literally has no taste. I pray that you aren't allergic to starch.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MCT Fats Found In Coconut Oil Boost Brain Function In Only One Dose

Need brain power today? Want to score high on a test? Take a dose of coconut oil!

Quote:
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), the primary type of fat found within coconut oil, have been found to boost cognitive performance in older adults suffering from memory disorders as serious as Alzheimer’s — and not after months or even days of treatment, but after a single dose!

A groundbreaking 2004 study published in the journal Neurobiology of Aging found that the administration of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), the primary fat type found in coconut oil, almost immediately improved cognitive function in older adults with memory disorders.

MCTs are not like most fats we consume. For instance, due to their smaller size they do not form micelles and are not stored in adipose tissue. Whereas up to 97% of the dietary fats we ingest are made up of long-chain triglycerides (LCTs) which have been 14 and 18 carbons,[ii] MCTs have relatively shorter chain lengths of 5 to 12 carbons, making them easier to absorb and utilize. They are preferentially oxidized by the liver, and when provided in large enough quantities, they give rise to ketone bodies
MCT Fats Found In Coconut Oil Boost Brain Function In Only One Dose | REALfarmacy.com | Healthy News and Information

Last edited by sunday; 05-11-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Old 05-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bev, All I can say is AMEN sister!!!

I am glad that I am retiring, but honestly, I know that my daughter will never do all of this. Ever. Unfortunately, I think the majority of health nuts will not do all of the steps to be healthy, as well.

So glad sardines come in BPA free cans.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Just a wee little morning whine on my part...

I don't know how all of you with very busy lives do it. I clearly see why we moved to fast food and processed food in this nation. Trying to be healthy is so time consuming!! Even with the internet. Researching, sourcing, trying to find products, running around and buying ingredients from multiple places, ordering online and processing stuff at home. Making bone broth, making fermented veges, making my kefir and kombucha, growing and processing all of my herbs, homemade mayo and salad dressings, liver pate, baking from scratch and then cleaning up after all this. I feel like this takes hours! Plus trying to exercise, get in daily sunlight, daily socializing, enough sleep...
I know I don't have to do all of that and can buy sauerkraut and kombucha, but I am also trying to keep costs down and being healthy is expensive.

Oh and even the plantain chips. Soaking the plantain, peeling, slicing and drying them and turning and waiting and turning. I think I won't be doing that often either as the yield is very small.

Just needed to get that out and I will now Keep Calm and PHD.
So true.

My plantain chips only convinced me there was no point in going there again. Taste like cardboard. No, not that good.

Drum roll, please. First meal this morning - started at 11:30. Very unusual to be able to wait that long. Made a very refreshing smoothy (romaine, pineapple, cucumber, PS, avocado, water). This was seriously huge but only 200-250c (my counter showed a head of romaine at 100c but mine was pretty small). Just finished it. Have been sipping for 2 hours! Very full.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Need brain power today? Want to score high on a test? Take a dose of coconut oil!

MCT Fats Found In Coconut Oil Boost Brain Function In Only One Dose | REALfarmacy.com | Healthy News and Information

Glad I take it daily. I need all the help I can get.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So true.

My plantain chips only convinced me there was no point in going there again. Taste like cardboard. No, not that good.

Drum roll, please. First meal this morning - started at 11:30. Very unusual to be able to wait that long. Made a very refreshing smoothy (romaine, pineapple, cucumber, PS, avocado, water). This was seriously huge but only 200-250c (my counter showed a head of romaine at 100c but mine was pretty small). Just finished it. Have been sipping for 2 hours! Very full.

PROGRESS!!!!!!! Wonderful news CiCi!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Now that I am pretty comfortable with what I need to do. I am going to start working on presentation and the yumminess factor. I feel if this is going to be sustainable, it should be appealing. I just don't see Jaminet sitting down to meals that look like dog food or flavors that they just hold their noses and get it down. Granted, they don't have the weight loss factor to contend with, but I stil think this could be easier and more palatable.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lindy, fermented veggie plans, eh? Where are you going???

Seabreezes, It is finally leaving my system today after taking a day off. I will try it again for a couple of days and then take a day off. Strange how the RS works so well, the best way that I can describe the feeling, is that you feel that you just ate a really large meal.
Moving to Freida's tomorrow. No computer. Awk. I'll check in as often as possible. Has anyone tried the daikon radishes? I want to ferment them with carrots and onion and garlic. If not, I can use the regular ones.

One big disadvantage of living in NW Louisiana is that there are no good stores. I love Whole foods and Costco's, but I have to visit DD in Austin to see them.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/238/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Blonde, wasn't it you that suggested the soup of normandy vegetables blended with butternut squash in bone broth? I did this earlier in the week with some cut up squash from whole foods (they had something other than butternut - can't remember what but it was orange) and didn't think I liked it (didn't use much salt), but I tried it last night cold, and I thought it was delicious! I love it cold, isn't that odd?

Thank you!
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cici~ Oh, man, does that sound yummy! And I agree about the food tasting as yummy as possible. I am making his Shrimp Fried Rice today and will serve for Mother's Day. My son is the only one here of my two and I told him that I rather enjoy just relaxing on our back deck and sharing time together. He is about as crazy w/ fried rice as I am.

Bev~ Yes, I need all of the help I can get.

Lindy! We will MISS you very much! Please enjoy your time and let us in on how you are doing when you can. Oh, and the daikons are wonderful! I hope you like them.

Happy Mother's Day to all PHD Moms! Enjoy some much needed rest!

Last edited by sunday; 05-11-2013 at 12:36 PM..