Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Vegetarian leptin reset breakfast ideas?

So...any ideas for vegetarian leptin reset breakfasts? (Other than eggs)

(A breakfast with 50g protein for those following the Kruse plan; I decided to try the Mastering Leptin one which is less strict, but still requires a protein-heavy breakfast)

I made a LC cheesecake with tofu one day (yes I know sweeteners are not supposed to be on the plan) and that came out to about 30g protein.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
So...any ideas for vegetarian leptin reset breakfasts? (Other than eggs)

(A breakfast with 50g protein for those following the Kruse plan; I decided to try the Mastering Leptin one which is less strict, but still requires a protein-heavy breakfast)
What's your carb count for the breakfast (I know it matters on Kruse, but I don't know about the Richards' plan).

Tofu Hijiki Burgers is the classic Moosewood recipe (I think Peta has it) and this lends itself well to a nut dressing, carrot and ginger dressing or Yuzu.

Puttanesca Tofu Scramble Post, Punk Kitchen is very tasty - you may need to alter the amount of vegetable (depending on your carb count) and you might want to add in some of the high protein black soybeans. If I'm not mistaken, Netrition stocks tins of Eden foods Black Soy Beans and they're 1 nett carb (7 or 8g if you include the fibre) and 11g of protein per serving.

High Protein Vegan Breakfast Burrito from ohsheglows is likewise flexible if you want to alter the vegetable and add in the black soy beans - I think there are several low carb tortilla wraps or similar that might be suited to this. I've switched the potato for various permutations of celeriac, turnip, half celery/half parsnip and they've all worked well.

I've made falafal with half chickpeas and half other beans so think that would work well with the black soy beans - again, the dressing could add to the protein/fat count if you wish.

I find that blitzing down cottage cheese allows it to be incorporated into various pancake-style dishes that are good if served with a spoonful of fruit and a nut butter that meets your fat/carb numbers. If cottage cheese is mixed with some nuts and vegetable, it's a good dimsum style breakfast if it's wrapped in a lettuce leaf or similar (you can eat it raw or steam it).

I'm going to mention them although I can eat neither, some people do well with seitan and tempeh, both of which can be cooked so that they strongly resemble conventional breakfast dishes.

Likewise, I don't do well with large amounts of protein powder but an occasional waffle or pancake made from these might be helpful?

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-19-2013 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: typo
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I like pea protein. It is 26 g of protein per scoop--so two scoops in an almond milk smoothie and you are there.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Thanks for the ideas! The book doesn't seem to specify a specific protein/carb number but just advises to eat protein for breakfast.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote