Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shalvors
Trim Healthy Mama

I'm about halfway through the Trim Healthy Mama book and just officially started the THM way of eating yesterday. Is anyone else following this diet/lifestyle? It makes so much sense to me!
Shalvors is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
I have recently heard of this book and know very little about it.... can it be done gluten free??? Very interested to see how you like it so far!

Wendy
Its me - WENDALINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
I read it tho did not have any success with weight loss tho. It gives you the impression that you can eat all the foods they have in their recipes, but if you post no weight loss they evaluate everything you ate and then restrict you. It almost is under rose colored glasses...have the cream...we loooovvvee butter but then they pull it from you cuz you can't lose weight with it. You get used to it, but I lost nothing following their plan.
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
I did wonder about that... good to know before I went out and spent crazy money on the book.

Thanks and good luck!
Its me - WENDALINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriWants2Lose
Stats: 228.6/192/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 12, 2012
I am sticking with Atkins. Too many rules this and that and the other. I did buy the book because it sounded like it had good recipes in it. Then, I realized that most of them are off these and other boards and have only been adapted a little bit and they are calling them "their" recipes. I wasn't very impressed.

They do offer a lot of research in the book about balancing blood sugars, which was interesting. However, I am not sure I agree with everything they had to say.

I'm not a doctor, but I've read studies, books, talked to doctors, articles, research papers, etc. about diabetes. Those E meals that they say are okay might be fine for the normal person, but some of them would send my blood sugar up. I could eat any of the S meals more than likely.

Even though the book was expensive and I am not going to follow their plan, I am still glad to have the recipes in a printed format and there are a few new ones in there that I'd like to try. So, I don't feel like it was a wasted investment.

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~ Oscar Wilde

First goal: Onederland - reached Dec. 2012
Next goal: 180s (not been there in 15 years!)
Final goal: 155 (within the healthy range for 5'7")
LoriWants2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ZeldaB
I know this is an older thread, but just wanted to add my 2 cents. I should have known, but thought that this way of eating (THM) would help me jolt my body back into action. Well, I bought the book, and finally decided to make an 'E' lunch today. Shortly after, I could feel that something wasn't right, I know this feeling from the time when I did a test (from a diabetic book), where you eat carbs and see how it affects you.

So, I waited, didn't eat anything else for 2 hours, and tested my blood sugar. Sky high! 140 gm/dl! I am kinda p*ssed off because it's supposed to be a low-GI diet as well, and so I trusted their judgement. Back to basic low carb for me. I call it the common sense diet, because you know what's good for you and what's not. I'm also keeping the book for some of the recipes, the low carb ones are still good.
ZeldaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Yikes...that is a very high reading. Just like everything else, it works for some and not for others. Lots of people have been losing weight with it, but who knows. I'm with you on the intuitive eating tho
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HalandTammy
Trim Healthy Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalvors View Post
I'm about halfway through the Trim Healthy Mama book and just officially started the THM way of eating yesterday. Is anyone else following this diet/lifestyle? It makes so much sense to me!
My wife bought and read the book. I know its early to be too excited, but I have lost 16 lbs & my wife 9 lbs (in 15 days). I have much more energy, my blood pressure has already improved, and I don't have the constant cravings for junk that I had before. The forum on their website and their face book page have both been VERY helpful sources of information. I was VERY skeptical when my wife began talking about it; now at 53 yrs old, I have more energy and self-control (diet-wise) than I've had in quite a while.
HalandTammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cnelson316
wow thats a pretty good result for 2 weeks
cnelson316 is offline   Reply With Quote