Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I have reward meal breakfasts Monday thru Friday. On Sat. I have cm/cm/rm dinner sort of having a free day that day as I run more on Sat. too. On Sunday I have a reward meal brunch. Breakfast is still the best for weight loss and I don't eat anything else for the day on those days. I eat 3 meals on Sat. only and they are still within the CAD guidelines.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Week 43- 215.4 215 215.8 X X 214.2 214.2 (214.92) -0.59

Week 44- 212.6 213.4 213.2 214 215 X 215.8 (214) -0.92

Week 45- 215 215.2 X 213.2 213.2 214 214.8 (214.23) +0.23

Week 46- X 214.4 215 216.6 217.8 216.4 214.2 (215.73) +1.50

Week 47- 215.2 216 X X 215.8 214.6 214.6 (215.24) -0.49

Week 48- 213.6 214 215.4 213.2 213.2 215 214.2 (214.09) -1.33

MIW
Old 09-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 152.8/148.8/130
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: April 2009(Low Carb)-CAD Sep 16 2014
Hi! I would love to join you ladies. I am starting my 2nd day on the BB diet today. I went on strict low carb (combined with diet pills on a dr. advised program) a few years ago and lost down to 120. Over 2 years, I have slowly struggled to keep the weight down, but have put on 25 lbs due to cravings. I am so motivated by you ladies that are having such great success. Thank you so much for sharing your meals and opinions. This is all so helpful. I will try to include my meals as well to help others joining this WOE.

Yesterday:
Steak, coffee, chocolate milk, brownie pie
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
Hi! I would love to join you ladies. I am starting my 2nd day on the BB diet today. I went on strict low carb (combined with diet pills on a dr. advised program) a few years ago and lost down to 120. Over 2 years, I have slowly struggled to keep the weight down, but have put on 25 lbs due to cravings. I am so motivated by you ladies that are having such great success. Thank you so much for sharing your meals and opinions. This is all so helpful. I will try to include my meals as well to help others joining this WOE.

Yesterday:
Steak, coffee, chocolate milk, brownie pie
This really works and is something healthy since there is no drugs, no "fake" foods, no starvation rations. You can participate in society eating the same foods as before. Read The Big Breakfast Diet, The Stress Eating Cure, Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program. Those 3 books will put food combining and how you eat carbs into perspective. The Heller's do not believe in limiting foods, even carbs, NOR calories. You just make sure to follow the rules in the books and you will not be hungry, lose or maintain, etc etc. Oriana and I have been together for the last 11 months or so on our various journeys and we do a combo of the diets and found what is working for each of us. We all do slightly different things but you have to find what works for you and I have found experimenting with other's success to see what I can fine-tune for myself. Some techniques work, others do not. I am happy you do not want to be on the diet roller coaster anymore. I love CAD because it is something I can do for life and am NEVER hungry so I don't even feel like I am on a diet!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Question About Night Workers

I just got assigned to a night rotation which will be very difficult. 12 hour shift on M, W and Sat. So on my days off (T, Th Fri, Sun.) I'm home on a regular day schedule. I love a large meal after working the night shift, but then I go to bed and wake up around 4 pm. On my days off, I would be able to follow the normal BB schedule. Is this diet based on a person's circadian rhythm? Because I'm sure mine is not typical. Does the book say anything about night workers who do this diet? I would like to know before I buy the book.

Last edited by Redeemed; 09-30-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Jonescarb are you eating one meal a day for breakfast? That is what I am doing. Be sure to include amounts. When I eat a steak I eat a STEAK! LOL!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Today's BB RM for me was 9:30-10:30am:

Large cheese quesidilla with sour cream, salasa, and lettuce rolled up
1 large ribeye steak
large fruit smoothie with banana, grapes, apple, pear
1 large Iced caramel mocha with half & half
fun size twix, snickers, kit-kats

MIW
Old 10-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

I know its only been one day really, but I was 144.6 on my start day (Sunday) and 142.4 today. Yea!! I have to admit I was a little skeptical.

MIW your meal sounds good. I may have to copy it one day

Oriana, yes I am trying to do only the Big Breakfast. Yesterday, I did get hungry mid-day, because I ate my BB at 5 am. So I ate some shredded chicken and celery.But, I'm going to try to aim for 1 Big Breakfast meal only. It was really not hard at all.

So, yesterday was good. I had:
Coffee with cream (4TBSP)
6 oz steak with 2 oz cheddar cheese
2 mini pb cups
1 cake pop
1 slice brownie pie

Later I had shredded chicken (about 1/4 c) and 2 stalks of celery. 1 had cream cheese on it and the other had 2 tsp of natural peanut butter.

I did walk for about 45 minutes at a 3 mph on my treadmill.
Hoping everyone has a great day!!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Ok everyone, today is MAJOR bragging rights day for me.

Today I am 211.8 lbs. That is my lowest weight in over 7 years. I also rechecked my measurements and lost another 1/2 inch off my waist and hips and 1/4 inch off my thighs.

The last time I weighed this much was my first year on the dog sledding trails in Canada. I have done WW, Zone, JC, juicing, whole foods, the pH diet (eating more alkaline foods) all in that time frame and the lowest I got with that was 213-217. I can say I finally busted through that several month long plateau. I kind of figured my body had that weight range as a "set point" because that had been my lowest weight in the last few years. I expect to see "set points" at 200, 195, and 180 because those are other milestone weights I had got to in the last 15 years and was able to stay at for over a year or more and I do think the body has a memory on those things.

I have recently switched my RM early morning. I still do one meal only most days, and try to have a CM snack (if I need it) before 3pm. This is based off of The Big Breakfast Diet that the Heller's recommended in their The Stress Eating Cure book. However, I still follow CAD/CALP rules and stick to one hour, "aim" for balance. I do eat my entire day's calories (usually) in my one RM, so we are talking 1800-2600 calories most days with 100-300gms carbs. I do not think of myself as a binge eater but I do know this is MUCH different than how I ate for my entire life leading up to this point and probably way more food in one sitting than a lot of other folks. But, I want to share my success at doing HIGH CALORIE eating because that is what I set out to prove if it could be done or not and I can see that it CAN be done!

MIW
Old 10-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Yea MIW!! I am so proud for you!
I have read through all the threads and followed along on your journey (as a lurker. I'm so thrilled for you.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to post what works for you.
I noticed this morning when I ate higher fat that I had much more control over the carbs I was eating. I had a big bowl of shredded chicken with cream cheese (full fat) and salsa. By the time I worked my way to dessert, I was so full I couldn't even finish it all. That is just not me. I could eat an entire cake by myself, if I allowed myself to do it. It was really a breakthrough for me to be able to say "I think that's enough." Usually with sweets, there is not enough.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yea MIW!! I am so proud for you!
I have read through all the threads and followed along on your journey (as a lurker. I'm so thrilled for you.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to post what works for you.
I noticed this morning when I ate higher fat that I had much more control over the carbs I was eating. I had a big bowl of shredded chicken with cream cheese (full fat) and salsa. By the time I worked my way to dessert, I was so full I couldn't even finish it all. That is just not me. I could eat an entire cake by myself, if I allowed myself to do it. It was really a breakthrough for me to be able to say "I think that's enough." Usually with sweets, there is not enough.
That is awesome. I think along the path of life there is always going to be time and room for experimentation to what works, what doesn't for weight loss. Just find what worka for YOU and what is enjoyable as well and go for it! I am only losing 1/4 a pound a week or less avg over the course of a month for the last few months but I will take it since I am eating so well and love it!!!

MIW
Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

YEPPERIE! The BB for me! Today I was 108 pounds and had a big ribeye, salad with ranch, 2 haagen dazs bars for breakfast at 5:30. Since I am on maintenance every 7th day is a free day. That is every Sat. for me.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:11 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Down again today. Another 1.4!! Yea!
Yesterday my BB was
Large Bowl of shredded chicken (about 1.5 cups) mixed with
cream cheese (1oz) and salsa
slice of brownie pie
1 cake pop
coffee with cream

About 3pm I was hungry so I had a small salad with a few ounces of shredded chicken with ranch.

Loving that I don't have to dread stepping on the scales after eating dessert everyday
Hope everyone has a great day!!

-TJ
Old 10-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Today I was "up" to 212! LOL I did have a CM later yesterday because I got so hungry and it was salty so I was susptecting more. Not complaining however!

Today I am having the rest of the browned beef with gravey and noodles, a HUGE fresh fruit smoothie with green and red grapes, oranges, banana, strawberries, and full fat 4 types of probiotics vanilla yogurt. It is soooo delicious. Probably will have a bowl of ice cream and some chocolate chip cookies too. Remind me again that this is a diet??? LOL

MIW
Old 10-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Giving BBD a try. Formerly tried JUDDD, and 5:2. Just very hard for me to fast when i have a job requiring me to stand on my feet all day. For my first day I had a 2 biscuits with sausage gravy, 3 sl of turkey bacon, scrambled eggs all by 7:45 am. Then I had cinnamon roll at 9:15 and beef stew with corn bread at 11:30. Will probably just have green tea or BP coffee for dinner, or an apple. Kinda flew by the seat of my pants this first day. Hoping tomorrow I can plan a little better. Need to go to grocery store.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Hoping fixing dinner for hubby wont be an issue. I have a feeling he's going to question why I'm not having dinner with him. Not sure if he will be supportive of my new WOE.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
YEPPERIE! The BB for me! Today I was 108 pounds and had a big ribeye, salad with ranch, 2 haagen dazs bars for breakfast at 5:30. Since I am on maintenance every 7th day is a free day. That is every Sat. for me.
Hi Oriana,
I am starting tomorrow morning. I have been reading the big breakfast book. I am ready with my Dove candy. Do you usually exercise in the Am? I noticed that she says to exercise in the afternoon and wondered if you think it would matter. I usually go to the gym about 9:30 but certainly can chg my appt to afternoon.

I am retired but usually get up early. I might get up take my thyroid meds and go back to bed for a bit and try to sleep a little. Not supposed to eat for about 30 min after taking the meds then I can get up and have breakfast.

I certainly have the afternoon serotonin drop. I need to lose about 12 lbs and that would be wonderful but losing that sinking, depression want to eat sweets feeling would be the best.

Hope your day is going well.

Last edited by MaryN; 10-02-2013 at 03:10 PM..
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

So happy for everyone. Great losses!

I think my husband will be ok with this as long as we cook something for dinner and I sit down with him. I plan to put protein and veg on my plate. I won't eat much of it but I have done something like this before but super strict. I don't want to go there again so this sounds like such heaven if it works for me!!! I must say that the maint day sounds most wonderful also.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryN View Post
So happy for everyone. Great losses!

I think my husband will be ok with this as long as we cook something for dinner and I sit down with him. I plan to put protein and veg on my plate. I won't eat much of it but I have done something like this before but super strict. I don't want to go there again so this sounds like such heaven if it works for me!!! I must say that the maint day sounds most wonderful also.
I think you will find if you keep your carbs to one meal at ANY time of the day you will get your seratonin levels in order. I would read The Stress Eating Cure, and Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program (both books by The Heller's) as they go into more details on all the OTHER hormones that can affect eating and how confining the carbs to one meal a day gets them in line better- plus controls hunger

MIW
Old 10-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Down another pound to 107 after that huge ribeye breakfast. I ran after work but not half as much as I used to. This summer I was running up to 20 miles a day and not losing a thing eating fruit during the day. I then went on ice cream and fatty meat and salads and started losing. This was all an experiment. I went back to my standby Big Breakfast diet. I eat one meal a day at breakfast in an hour and am full all day if I eat enough protein. I usually eat more than 7 oz. Saturday is a free day.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

How big was that smoothie, MIW? How many calories today do you think? Mine was close to 3000 which the BB says is okay. She starts most at 600-800 but says women can eat up to 3000 and men 3200 in her book. In fact it is mentioned twice so I know it wasn't a misprint! LOL!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I know she says to exercise in the afternoon or evening. I do that Monday through Friday after school but on Saturdays I like to get up early to start my free day eating and then run and eat some more and run again. Sunday I am usually so full that I eat a later brunch BB so there is some variety. I eat BB Monday - Friday around 6 a.m. and nothing for the rest of the day. Saturday is a free day for me because I am on maintenance and that is what the book says you can do. Sunday I am back on plan but eat my BB as a late brunch. I was 107 today and had a lot for BB.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
I think you will find if you keep your carbs to one meal at ANY time of the day you will get your seratonin levels in order. I would read The Stress Eating Cure, and Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program (both books by The Heller's) as they go into more details on all the OTHER hormones that can affect eating and how confining the carbs to one meal a day gets them in line better- plus controls hunger

MIW
I actually did this yesterday. Just added chocolate to my regular lunch. Weight is down .6 today. I will get those books. I had the CAD book at one time. I forgot that today is a meeting day with a lunch that I will have to eat so it is going to be my rm meal. BB tomorrow am. Not worried about the weekend. Even if we go out I can do a cm meal and eat very lightly or just make it the rm meal for that one time. This is so versatile that it gives me hope that I can get back on track. The no eating between meals is a big thing. I also had a cm meal last night of creamed spinach (just cream, spices and spinach) and 4oz of salmon.

Weight 121.4

Last edited by MaryN; 10-03-2013 at 04:35 AM..
Old 10-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes, I know she says to exercise in the afternoon or evening. I do that Monday through Friday after school but on Saturdays I like to get up early to start my free day eating and then run and eat some more and run again. Sunday I am usually so full that I eat a later brunch BB so there is some variety. I eat BB Monday - Friday around 6 a.m. and nothing for the rest of the day. Saturday is a free day for me because I am on maintenance and that is what the book says you can do. Sunday I am back on plan but eat my BB as a late brunch. I was 107 today and had a lot for BB.
Thank you for this info. I am going to see about changing to the afternoons. My husband bought some appts for me with a personal trainer 3 times per wk. I am also thinking it might be good for me to exercise in the afternoon because I always have an energy lag about that time and want to snack. It is a serotonin drop I am sure. Looking forward to the big breakfast on Fri. She also says to start the day with milk or yogurt. I'd much rather have ice cream!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryN View Post
Thank you for this info. I am going to see about changing to the afternoons. My husband bought some appts for me with a personal trainer 3 times per wk. I am also thinking it might be good for me to exercise in the afternoon because I always have an energy lag about that time and want to snack. It is a serotonin drop I am sure. Looking forward to the big breakfast on Fri. She also says to start the day with milk or yogurt. I'd much rather have ice cream!
Here are some tips to follow that I think I would have had better success my first 2 times trying BB for RM that I have done this 3rd time and now I can do it easily:

Be sure to eat at least 7 ounces of protein. So like 2-3 eggs and 3 pc of bacon, or an big steak, or a couple of cans of tuna. Not 7 GRAMS but 7 OUNCES. That is key or you will carb crash.

If you do get hungry later (and my first couple of times I was CRAZY hungry between 5-7pm like I could tear the doors off the fridge!!!) just go ahead and eat a CM.

For your breakfast get really stuffed. Do not binge but I have found even for RM for lunch or dinner if I pretty much eat my entire day's calories I am fine for another 23 hours. Sounds crazy but the body will adjust and you simply won't need to eat other meals, or rarely anyways. I do try to have my CM by 3pm so if I do even start to feel the tickle of something eat it by then, but if not don't worry as I have done later and still lost.

I have a hard time doing veggies so early so I have switched to doing smoothies and I also do full fat of whatever dairy I eat. The fat really helps too. Remember is it carb that get converted to triglycerides not fat. Read some of Dr. Attia's stuff on "eatingacademy" (his website). Oriana found out about him and I have been doing full fat now too if able and I can see the difference in hunger not being an issue and it doesn't seem to be affecting my weight loss.

Mine is slow but I am still happy since I know just how many calories I am eating. I may actually be eating more than I was BEFORE I started this WOE! I know I am controlling my insulin releases because not only am I burning off everything I eat in a day but I am also burning off STORED fat! It is crazy but I love it and the Heller's!!!

MIW
Old 10-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Thank you MIW. Since I will have the rm at noon I have had turkey this am already. Was hungry and will have some creamed spinach in a little bit. Do we eat the cm meal in an hour also? Have plenty of time because I just ate the meat. I have found that I need to eat in the am or I will be in the peanuts or worse in a short time and then it doesn't end the rest of the day. I always eat full fat that was one direction I didn't care for in the BB book to mostly eat low fat. Have a great BB.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

I can't believe I stayed at 107 and didn't gain after yesterday's BB. It was well over 2000 calories: 2 lg. mangos, 3 oz cheddar cheese, coffee with cream, 2 Jimmy Dean sausage, egg, and cheese croissants, 4 Krispy Kreme donuts, lg. coffee with milk. I was full all day and ran after school. Today is ribeye, salad with ranch, 2 haagen dazs ice cream bars. Saturday is a free day. I was going to do low carb and then a reward dinner but I think I am just going to have an all out free day!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Down again! About half a pound. Started a few days ago at 144.6 and today I'm 140.6!! I just can't believe I can actually have my dessert and not gain.
I find it really interesting that at the beginning of the meal I'm always a little concerned that my meal might turn into a binge on the sweets, but I always try to start with my 7oz of protein and then by the time I start dessert I know its not going to be a binge. I feel much more controlled. I have my fill of dessert, but nothing like my binges on junk in the past when I'd fall off the low carb wagon. I do sometimes feel a little droopy after breakfast. I think these days I have not had enough protein to balance the carbs. Anyone else experience this??

Yesterday my menu looked like this:
4am-coffee with cream (drank within 15 min per CAD guidelines)
8:30 am-meatloaf (wasn't very good so I only ate 1/2 a serving)
shredded chicken with cream cheese and salsa
Broccoli salad
carrot cake cupcake (large)
1/2 caramello bar
1/4 brownie
1/4 caramel apple

Later around 6 I was starving so I had 1 small hamburger patty.
No walking yesterday. Too tired since I woke up at 2:30 am for some reason

Loving this way of eating. If I only lose a 1/4-1/2 pound a week, I would still be thrilled with this way of eating. For the first time, I really think I've found a way of eating that I could do for life.

Hope everyone is dropping and having a great day!
-TJ
Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I can't believe I stayed at 107 and didn't gain after yesterday's BB. It was well over 2000 calories: 2 lg. mangos, 3 oz cheddar cheese, coffee with cream, 2 Jimmy Dean sausage, egg, and cheese croissants, 4 Krispy Kreme donuts, lg. coffee with milk. I was full all day and ran after school. Today is ribeye, salad with ranch, 2 haagen dazs ice cream bars. Saturday is a free day. I was going to do low carb and then a reward dinner but I think I am just going to have an all out free day!!!!
How do you feel after eating a BB? Stomach wise I mean?
Old 10-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Down again! About half a pound. Started a few days ago at 144.6 and today I'm 140.6!! I just can't believe I can actually have my dessert and not gain.
I find it really interesting that at the beginning of the meal I'm always a little concerned that my meal might turn into a binge on the sweets, but I always try to start with my 7oz of protein and then by the time I start dessert I know its not going to be a binge. I feel much more controlled. I have my fill of dessert, but nothing like my binges on junk in the past when I'd fall off the low carb wagon. I do sometimes feel a little droopy after breakfast. I think these days I have not had enough protein to balance the carbs. Anyone else experience this??

Yesterday my menu looked like this:
4am-coffee with cream (drank within 15 min per CAD guidelines)?
8:30 am-meatloaf (wasn't very good so I only ate 1/2 a serving)
shredded chicken with cream cheese and salsa
Broccoli salad
carrot cake cupcake (large)
1/2 caramello bar
1/4 brownie
1/4 caramel apple

Later around 6 I was starving so I had 1 small hamburger patty.
No walking yesterday. Too tired since I woke up at 2:30 am for some reason

Loving this way of eating. If I only lose a 1/4-1/2 pound a week, I would still be thrilled with this way of eating. For the first time, I really think I've found a way of eating that I could do for life.

Hope everyone is dropping and having a great day!
-TJ
Wow good for you. I feel the same. Tired of worrying every time I am not perfect. It feels great to know that ok this noon is going to be a reward meal and then move on instead I usually eat it with a bunch of guilt and then eat some more when I get home and I don't mean protein. I am planning to have protein here because that meal isn't usually satisfying to me so I am going to eat something in the meat family about three or so and be done for the day. I will still fix something for dinner but hubby is eating out also and will be happy with a salad.