Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Hi all! BB girl is back. I tried eating later in the day and just one meal and was gaining. This is the only way for me. If I can eat 3000 calories in the morning I will. Also, I can have a free day every 7th day when on maintenance. How great is that! So on Sat. or Sun. it is a free for all. I am back on track tomorrow with 2 chicken sandwiches and 2 Costco carrot cupcakes!!! Going for a run later in the afternoon and no more sleepless nights from undigested food from dinner! Anybody with me?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Lauriel, can you post more infor on when you did this diet? We would love to hear what you eat in a day.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:30 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Hey good for you and keep us posted! I still eat my RM's lunch timeish but I do them way earlier than I used to. I just can't seem to eat first thing in the morning. But I "usually" have them between 10-1pm.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Don't forget the BB diet says that you should eat your BB before 9 a.m. in the summer and 10 a.m. in the winter. Well, most days I was eating my BB around 10 ish and was full all day and night. Can you believe that I have gained 5 pounds eating my one meal a day at 6 p.m.? I am done with that. I don't lose weight unless I eat early in the day and if I can eat a lot at 10 a.m. I will be happy . I just refuse to gain any more weight. This must be why the Hellers wrote their new book emphasizing eating early in the day as in a big breakfast and they even quoted Dr. Jacobwitz, the author of the BB in their newest book. So here I go! Looking forward to not starving all day just to see a gain on the scale after only eating a dinner.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Day 1 on Big Breakfast......cha ching! I just did my running. I will eat my BB earlier tomorrow like around 10 a.m. since I am home for the next three days. So 6 or more days of BB and then day 7 is a free day! I love it. I am full. Tomorrow is steak, salad, ice cream.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Sweet keep us posted! I am loving how I feel with one large RM midday and now with exercise I feel like I can accomplish anything! Today I had a CM lunch at work then sushi and cookie and an iced decaf mocha for dinner out with a friend but I only do this like once a month. Plus I am under the weather and have been sick for the last 3 days so I attribute that to being up a couple of pounds but I will have some days off Mon/Tue/FRI/Sat/Sun and I plan on those being one meal only (RM only) days and exercise!

MIW
Old 08-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

MIW this is what I like about the BB diet. I can have a free day once a week or once in awhile if I choose. I lost 1.5 pounds since yesterday's start. This morning I ran and then had steak, salad with ranch, ice cream and an ice cream bar. I feel great and able to make it until tomorrow I am sure. I know it says in the 2 big breakfast diet books that you burn up to 45% more if you eat in the morning. I can tell it makes me burn more because I don't wake up with a burping feeling and full feeling in the morning. I was gaining a pound a day from fasting and eating just dinner. All summer I was eating breakfast and dinner and didn't gain but lost and it was by eating ice cream for breakfast. I am giving this a 3 week committment and then I will have a free day. I don't think I will want to change after feeling so good the last two days. It really opened my eyes up when I saw the Hellers book about eating breakfast as a rm being the preferred way.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm down another pound on the Big Breakfast diet. I started at 113 and now am 109. In 4 days I lost 4 pounds. I was gaining before this eating less and fasting all day for a measly dinner. This works. I woke up hungry and didn't have a problem eating ribeye, salad with ranch and 2 Haagen Dazs bars at 8:30 this morning after my 5 a.m, run. I am loving this. I know that I can have a free day every 7th day but I am going to do this for 3 weeks straight before I start doing free days on the 7th day.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Keep it up and you will get back to your trim goal ASAP! I love it that you are on to a healthy amount of eating and still having the results you want. I get sad when I read about people eating only 1200 calories or excluding entire food groups. I know they are doing what they think they have to but I just know it is possible to eat real foods and still lose once one figures out how to control their excessive insulin releases!

MIW
Old 09-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, I know what you mean. It makes me sad to ever think I would have to eat only 1200 calories a day. You know my friend, Sheila, once said that 1200 calories would be her dessert!!!! That's me. In fact this morning I had a pint of Haagen Dazs which was 1050 calories and that was just dessert. I wouldn't have any energy on just that. I do know though that there are CADers who eat only that amount. If that is what this was about I wouldn't do it. I don't have to measure. I don't have to preplan vacations around my diets. I don't have to worry about the scale. That in and of itself is a huge life's blessing.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

I don't even think they have to do that. I think the low calories ones are ones who looked at this like a regular diet all along and started relatively low calorie from the get go. I have dieted enough in my life to know you do have to go down calories as time goes on to some degree, but if I start out on my journey keeping low calorie, then what do I do for the last stubborn 30 pounds if I am down to starvation rations? I knew I was in this for life and the Heller's promised if I followed their simple rules I could eat the foods and amounts I loved and expect weight loss. I have lived it and seen it and it is true. However I have been realistic as well and know that since I eat so much it would be slow going and it is. I will admit it is almost frustratinging ssslllloooooooowwwww sometimes but my overall trend is definately down down down down on the scale and measurements. My goal is to get new bras when I hit 200 lbs. I am soooo close!

I am having 2 days in a row at 213.2 lbs. I started at 235 pounds on November 1st. It has been over 10 months (almost a year) and I don't even feel like I am on a diet. I eat whatever the hell I want, in whatever amount I want, and the weight is just slipping off on it's own, bit by bit. I actually feel good enough to exercise, even though originally I was planning to wait until I got to 180 lbs. I see the weight coming off even faster with exercising but I am not cutting back on food.

MIW
Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 147/125
WOE: Big Breakfast diet
Start Date: September 10, 2013
Just started this today Tired of the diet roller coaster!
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimad View Post
Just started this today Tired of the diet roller coaster!
Good for you! I hope you find a WOE that will become a WOL and be something that is satisfying, flexible, and works for you!!!

MIW
Old 09-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

On day three and feeling pretty good. The scale has moved-two lbs I know it is just water weight but I'll take it! I ordered the book and look forward to learning more about the plan. I am eating lunch and dinner but it is not much-just some veggies/fruit and a small amount of protein. I have not really been hungry for dinner-let's hope this continues. I have dieted so much -about 30 years and I am sure my metabolism is shot. Htting 48 this year has made it almost impossible to lose weight. Hoping this helps!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
subscribing
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Kimad, I thought it was water weight too until I lost 5 pounds and could see the difference in a week. I actually used to be fruitarian and raw and gained on that after eating 700 calories a day of just fruit. Can you imagine. Do you mind sharing what you had for your BB's????
I thought my metabolism was shot too with all the starvation diets I was on. This diet saved me. I can eat up to 3000 calories for breakfast now and lose!!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:59 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Oriana-Hi! so glad this is working for you! I am eating @600 calories for breakfast-mixing it up daily and trying to get in as much good protein as possible(turkey sausage, yogurt, eggs) a carb(toast, cereal,bagel thins) and then I have something sweet (chocolate, small muffin, cookies). I do try to keep it at 600- I am stuffed by 9am. Lunch and dinner are light-fruit/veggie/small amount of protein. I am following the info I found on the internet but my book should be here any day. I have a wedding on Sat. and I'm not sure how I am going to handle that Seems like you are doing well with your plan-keep up the good work!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

I am sort of on maintenance mode now as I seem to be losing so much on this. I am totally convinced that breakfast is the key to my weight loss and not eating a big meal at night. Now that I don't have weight to lose I eat a big breakfast every day and high fat amount of protein and salad with alot of ranch. Dinner, believe it or not is a pint of butter pecan Haagen Dazs ice cream. I think that I have found the key to weight loss. It is a breakfast with fat and protein and sweets and then a high fat protein salad for lunch, dinner is my ice cream. I never skip breakfast. Today I had 3 big chunks of cheese, lg. sugar free latte made with heavy cream and 4 Reesees peanut butter cups. Lunch was about 5 oz of fatty ribeye, salad with a ton of Ranch and dinner Haagen Dazs. I was 106.5 pounds this morning and I am also a runner but don't run half the amount I ran as a raw foodist on which I gained weight.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Oriana keep it up! One day I want a full account of your calories, the brands of ice cream, amounts, exact amount of exercise. You should write a book! LOL

MIW
Old 09-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Well, yesterday I had a 1/2 apple before my morning run. When I came home around 8 a.m. I had 3 oz. cheddar cheese, lg. sugarfree vanilla latte with heavy cream. I had to force myself to eat a small pc. of fatty ribeye and a med. salad with a lot of ranch. I didn't want to eat all day with all the fat even though I had run more than during the week. I had a pint of butter pecan Haagen Dazs ice cream for dinner. Today I was down another half pound to 106. This morning I had the other half of my apple from yesterday, and I just now had my big breakfast of 3 oz. of cheese, lg. sugarfree latte with heavy cream and a lg. Costco carrot cake cupcake with alot of frosting. I will have a bigger ribeye with salad and ranch for lunch and dinner another pint of Haagen Dazs. Tomorrow morning I am thinking of making a whole pizza and eating at least half of it. This has become my own diet of big breakfasts and high fat all day. Just eating ice cream for dinner seems to really have helped. When I ate heavy dinners at night and no breakfast I gained to 113. I am 106 today and have lost 7 pounds in less than a month
Old 09-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Wow. I am just worried for me I would surge insulin during all those times and see weight gain! I am going to keep at what I am doing for a while but I might have to try your woe out again for a week or two to see what happens. That is really the only way to know what will work or not is to try it!

MIW
Old 09-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

I am back to one meal a day on BB Diet. I eat BB all week then on Saturday it is a free day. Tomorrow morning is pizza and cupcakes. I don't get hungry if I eat enough protein. I just can't lose any other way. I lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks on this. I gained on one meal a day with the same amount of calories only eaten at night even after fasting all day. I like the fact that I get to have a free day on Saturdays. Sunday is a later brunch bb and then Mon thru Fri. is BB from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
I may have found my home! I stumbled into this way of eating. I made a batch of LC ice cream. One week I ate a big lunch and finished with ice cream every day. I lost weight and I wasn't hungry at all the rest of the day and it felt so easy and natural. I got away from that and gained, but I'm ready to try it again. For now I'll have eggs for breakfast and my big lunch and ice cream around 1 pm or so.

I'm curious, what time do you have to be at work? I can't imagine eating all my food by 8 am. Seems like I'd have a big belly at work! I feel pretty stuffed after my lunch as it is. Just wondering! I've ordered the BBD book from the library. Guess I should order CAD, too.
Yvonne
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was Saturday, so my schedule was a little different. I did a long bike ride fasting. Then at 10 am I had my eggs. Around noon I had my big meal of the day. I was afraid I overdid it, I was so full. But I stayed satisfied all day. Went for an evening walk. Had broth about 7 pm. Tummy was empty enough but satisfied enough so I could sleep well. Woke up hungry and had my eggs about 8 am. Oh, lost weight!

Today is tougher schedule wise. I'll be gone 11-3, no chance to eat. Do I eat before I leave or after??? We'll see.
Yvonne
Old 09-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Yvonne keep us posted! You will see that you will just get less and less hungry. I can go all day and eat my big meal later in the day. I am now toying with eating early like Oriana but most days for me before 11am is going to be as early as I can do it. Maybe 2-3 days a week I can swing being done by 9am. I have read Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, The Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program, The Stress Eating Cure (all by the Heller's), and The Big Breakfast Diet. I am basically following CAD/CALP and extreme Intermittent Fasting by eating only once a day and all the carbs in one hour time frame according to CAD rules and "attempt" balance according to CALP. I am now trying to eat early instead of late to see if that kickstarts and blasts off some of this fat at a faster rate than my current plateau! LOL

MIW
Old 09-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, MIW. Right now I'm doing two meals, so I probably belong more on the IF thread. I'm gradually reading through that one! Yesterday I ate breakfast and then at 4. I gained. But I'm going to give this a shot at least for the week and see what happens. Today I had breakfast and I'll eat again at 1 pm. And I have it preplanned and tracked so I can keep an eye on calories.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

I think on BB diet you should be done with carbs by 9am, but you can have other meals and it is recommended to be done by 3pm.

MIW
Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

My ring feels loose, my stomach feels really empty and sinks in when I lay down at night (if I do the RM for breakfast I REALLY notice that feeling). I have been trying to get my RM in before 10am and so far last 3 days I have done so. I have lost 2 pounds in 3 days so it is working! I hope to see a new low tomorrow but today I was 213.6 so if I stay in that range I will still be happy.

I had a lot of engery and literaly spent 8 hours detailing my minivan! I watched some professional detailer's videos on youtube on how to clean and repair leather seats so I cleaned all my seats (took an hour EACH seat! LOL) and got the stuff for tomorrow to start the repairs. I also watched one on how to use a clay bar to clean the surface of the paint and I washed, clay barred, re-washed, hand toweled it dry, then did a spray and buff easy wax. It looks sooooo nice. I also detailed the console and got it all shiney. I am in the market for another vehicle and am absolutely smitten with Toyotas and want a 4Runner sooooooo bad I can't sleep! LOL I am keeping my minivan because I love it so much but I also want a 4Runner and my vehicle obsession of late is dring my husband nuts.

I am pleased with how much energy I have eating only one meal so early. I do get hungry in the 5pm-8pm range but it is tolerable and after only 3 days I am actually waking up hungry which is kind of interesting.

My early BB/SEC type RM was:

1/2 head of lettuce stir fried in bacon grease
2 eggs
3 pc bacon
one large pc of elk pepperoni
1 large fruit smoothie with banana, apple, pear, green and purple grapes. The apples and pears were ones we harvested ourselves
2 Cups extreme moosetracks ice cream with 1/2 C half and half and one starbucks via mixed together into a mocha-milkshake
4 safeway chocolate chip cookies.

I'd have to crunch the calories but I bet this was under 2000 calories. I am also being sure to up the fat intake and also protein to keep hunger at bay. Oriana has done well eating early like this and swears by higher fat BB and she has lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks after coming back from vacation from 113 pounds down to 106 pounds. She is definately in maintenence phase and does free days on Saturdays which I don't do but she and I eat almost the same calories so I am hoping to lose weight at least as half as well as she does!

MIW
Old 09-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

I picked up the book from the library and started eating it. Oriana, were you eating sugar before you started this WOE? I can't imagine adding sugar to my life right now. It has done so many bad things to me in the past! A little fruit, yes. But cupcakes and chocolates? Did anyone else feel this way before they started?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I read the book. It's a quick read. Much easier than SEC! I wish I had heard of this when I was doing WW, while I was still eating mik, bread, sugar. I would have tried it. Honestly, I wish WW gave you more ideas about possible tweaks to incorporate if you ran into trouble. I was a leader, and I felt I had very little ammunition to offer women who stalled.

As it is, I may still try eating by 9 am, only keeping the foods in line with my current WOE. I could definitely eat what Oriana eats (salad, steak and ice cream, though my ice cream would be LC). I feel so good on high fat, I hate to leave it.

For now, I'm very happy with my two meals per day, but I'm keeping BBD in mind if I need to make a change. I like eating in the morning, I just can't imagine going to work feeling this full and big-bellied. (I'm a personal trainer. I have to be able to move! And I can't look pregnant in my uniform, or at least I prefer not to! lol)

Oriana, how do you handle evening social events or dinners? At a big thing, like a church potluck, I can get away with not eating and no one really notices. But at smaller gatherings, I like to at least have a little salad and protein to be less conspicuous, you know?

Yvonne