Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW was there anything in the Stress Cure DIet that says you have to have your BB in an hour? I like that you can have the Alternative Meal if you can't eat the BB or you want to eat at another time. If I don't need to eat in an hour then it makes me like the BB Diet better as you don't have to watch the clock and you get to have a free day every 7th day on maintenance. The only think I don't like about the BB Diet is that you must eat early before 9 a.m. She does say though if you get up late or go on vacation you can have a brunch but you probably won't lose. My friend that has lost 100 pounds and maintained in on CAD/one meal for 5 years always eats around 1-2 p.m but sometimes later. Every Christmas she has a graze day totally off plan although this year she didn't.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW was there anything in the Stress Cure DIet that says you have to have your BB in an hour? I like that you can have the Alternative Meal if you can't eat the BB or you want to eat at another time. If I don't need to eat in an hour then it makes me like the BB Diet better as you don't have to watch the clock and you get to have a free day every 7th day on maintenance. The only think I don't like about the BB Diet is that you must eat early before 9 a.m. She does say though if you get up late or go on vacation you can have a brunch but you probably won't lose. My friend that has lost 100 pounds and maintained in on CAD/one meal for 5 years always eats around 1-2 p.m but sometimes later. Every Christmas she has a graze day totally off plan although this year she didn't.
I didn't recall seeing them mention the one hour rule anywhere in the SEC book and I was looking for it. I think they probably assumed a lot of readers would have already been following CAD or CALP and they probably also found staying in the one hour time frame isn't that important if people are eating their carbs early. I still strive for the one hour but a few times didn't watch the clock and turned into 75 minutes or 1 hour and 20 minutes and still lost when I was doing RM only and earlier in the day. I think we should just keep it as a goal to shoot for but not beat up on ourselves either if we go over.

MIW
Old 05-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

DId you see where they quoted Dr. Jacobwitz in the Stress Cure diet. Look for it. Also, in the BB Diet she says you must start eating 15 minutes after you get up because of your circadium rhythm. You must know about his being in the medical field. So if you get up at 5 a.m. have somthing and then have another breakfast at 8:30. I looked up the circdium rhythm and there are some articles on weight loss. I lost 2 pounds yesterday after my big steak, salad doused in ranch and mug of ice cream. I was full until around 9 and then had diet pepsi. Oh, that's another thing. She allows for diet drinks and she has dealt the diabetes patients mostly and also women with PCOS. You 'll like the book when you get it. I may get another. It was only a penny. I wish the guy who had great success with his wife on facebook would write more. His name is Scott Neader. Look up BBDiet on facebook and it will bring up a page with comments.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
DId you see where they quoted Dr. Jacobwitz in the Stress Cure diet. Look for it. Also, in the BB Diet she says you must start eating 15 minutes after you get up because of your circadium rhythm. You must know about his being in the medical field. So if you get up at 5 a.m. have somthing and then have another breakfast at 8:30. I looked up the circdium rhythm and there are some articles on weight loss. I lost 2 pounds yesterday after my big steak, salad doused in ranch and mug of ice cream. I was full until around 9 and then had diet pepsi. Oh, that's another thing. She allows for diet drinks and she has dealt the diabetes patients mostly and also women with PCOS. You 'll like the book when you get it. I may get another. It was only a penny. I wish the guy who had great success with his wife on facebook would write more. His name is Scott Neader. Look up BBDiet on facebook and it will bring up a page with comments.
I did see the Heller's reference to the diet in their book! As to the circadian rythm thing- I am sure they did study it and that it does work for some people. Not all however. I know when I tried eating that early it totally made me crash. I was sleepy, shakey, AND hungry and out of control by the late evening. It happened twice to me. I think for my particular metabolism I need to wait and eat when my body tells me I am hungry- not when someone in a book tells me the clock is supposed to. I also think the 15 minutes upon rising thing is to make their diet unique and something new from other diets and may not even have a scientific reason. Sometimes you have to read between the lines on some of these diet claims. If it works for you then awesome! If not- don't kill yourself trying to stick with something that doesn't work. That is my new way of looking at things

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, my CAD friend says that her body just always gets hungry at around 1:00 and I think I like that time too although today I couldn't wait! LOL! So I had mine at 10:20-11:20. I'm fine at late afternoon now but didn't eat alot of protein like yesterday so I think I will have a bit of hunger earlier. Today I had 1 whole pineapple (I think fruit makes me hungry too), 4 oz. cheese, 1 sausage and egg and cheese muffin, 2 long donuts with coffee and heavy whipping cream. I do best on steak, salad, ice cream though. Sorry you had someone being critical of you. You and I have kept this CAD thing going especially you. Thanks MIW. I hope I have been some help to you too.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yep, my CAD friend says that her body just always gets hungry at around 1:00 and I think I like that time too although today I couldn't wait! LOL! So I had mine at 10:20-11:20. I'm fine at late afternoon now but didn't eat alot of protein like yesterday so I think I will have a bit of hunger earlier. Today I had 1 whole pineapple (I think fruit makes me hungry too), 4 oz. cheese, 1 sausage and egg and cheese muffin, 2 long donuts with coffee and heavy whipping cream. I do best on steak, salad, ice cream though. Sorry you had someone being critical of you. You and I have kept this CAD thing going especially you. Thanks MIW. I hope I have been some help to you too.
Heck yes you have! You and I have been at this the longest and most people except for a select few have dropped out. I think you and I are the only ones openly discussing doing CAD along with IF and even the one RM a day thing, plus adding in BB and SEC for good measure and not being afraid to discuss it. Seeing that I am not the only one who is trying not to combo this with eating like a bird but eating like a real person and actually losing is so inspiring so keep it up!

It has helped us and we want to help others as well. Not sure if you saw my posts on the yahoo CALP list but that gal gets me so mad sometimes how she picks apart anyone who posts something that she deems "off plan" so I finally called her out on it. I will probably get kicked off the list but I don't care. We all have different metabolisms and just because something isn't in the book or on plan doesn't mean that it doesn't work- only that maybe it wasn't studied by the Heller's but it can still be viable!

I wouldn't even mind so much if they were 100% perfect and followed CALP religiously but when you have someone who isn't even following the plan as written trying to make pointers to other people that just rubs me the wrong way!

MIW
Old 05-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

MIW, well my BB sort of spanned over 2 hours today. Hope it didn't do too much damage. I ate a whole pineapple at around 8 a.m. and went for a jog and then came back and ate a Chef Pierre frozen cheese burger (you get them at Costco), I put lettuce, tomato, pickle, mayo, ketchup and mustard on it. For dessert I had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch with whole milk and then 4 Reesees peanut butter cups. I was am so full and it is just 9:45. Is that about what you eat or did I really go overboard? I think I have my cravings for fruit out of the way for awhile. I am going to have steak, salad with ranch, and ice cream tomorrow. I lost 2.5 pounds last time I had it but that doesn't mean anything. How are you doing?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIW, well my BB sort of spanned over 2 hours today. Hope it didn't do too much damage. I ate a whole pineapple at around 8 a.m. and went for a jog and then came back and ate a Chef Pierre frozen cheese burger (you get them at Costco), I put lettuce, tomato, pickle, mayo, ketchup and mustard on it. For dessert I had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch with whole milk and then 4 Reesees peanut butter cups. I was am so full and it is just 9:45. Is that about what you eat or did I really go overboard? I think I have my cravings for fruit out of the way for awhile. I am going to have steak, salad with ranch, and ice cream tomorrow. I lost 2.5 pounds last time I had it but that doesn't mean anything. How are you doing?
Today I felt queasy so I ate only about half of what I planned but I did have:

6 C salad with 4 TBSP blue cheese dsg
1 pc of pepperoni pizza with alfredo sauce (from pizza hut)
1 egg with about 4 oz of diced ham
24 oz iced decaf caramel mocha with whole milk
1 dairy milk choclate bar (those are big!)

I would have had the rest of the eggs/ham and another slice of pizza and even a brownie!

Yesterday:
Large all fruit smoothie
24 oz iced decaf caramel vanilla mocha with whole milk
1 pc same pizza from above
6 C salad with 4 TBSP regular blue cheese dsg
5 oz hunk of ham
1 brownie
1/2 dairy milk choc bar with raisins/almonds
1/2 dairy milk choc bar with caramel---Yum my favorite chocolate bars!

Day before:

1 1/2 waffles with butter and little bit of syrup (I am not a huge syrup fan)
4 pc bacon
2 eggs
24 oz iced decaf caramel vanilla latte with whole milk
large fruit smoothie with yogurt
2 large double thick brownies
(no veggies this day ...)

My cheat day last week where I gained 4 pounds since I had a double RM day was:

Large all fruit smoothie
24 oz iced decaf caramel vanilla latte with whole milk
1 large double thick brownie
2 breakfast burritos made with eggs, bacon, breaded chicken breast slices, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and lettuce and cilantro

Then for dinner all I could eat sushi, miso soup, then regular sized oreo cookie shake and slice of cheese cake from Jack in the box.

I took off the extra weight in a couple of days and was prepared for the jump from 214.6 to 218.9 since it was so salty!

I cant remember back more than that but one day at work I got 2 meals for lunch since neither came with as much protein or veggies as I would have liked but together was just right, I left back some of the white rice and also ate a molasses cookie and large iced decaf mocha with 2% milk with it.

Trust me I do have large meals most days but I would not say they are binges. I do try to have equal 1/3's of each carb, protein/fat, veggies and even fruit as well. I also eat until maybe a hair over comfortably full to be sure to be able to make a prolonged fast. I do not eat entire pizzas, cakes, cartons of ice cream, packages of cookies, etc. I have never been that type of eater nor do I reach for sodas, chips, etc since those have never been the types of foods I like that much either. I do like to eat and do like variety so that is what I continue to do now. I maybe am a bit more conscious of trying to get in ENOUGH calories and not skimp since I am just plain not hungry the rest of the day and I do not want my metabolism to adjust downwards on calories in order to lose weight.

MIW
Old 05-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Guess what I just bought today...........at our local used bookstore??????? Stress Eating Cure. Verrrrry similar to BB Diet but I like the fact that you can have the Alternative Meal if you don't want a BB. Although they highly recommend the BB and eating early. Still full from my 8-10 a.m. breaky!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

MIW do you make your own fruit smoothie or do you get the Yoplait ones from Costco. I love the way you eat bc it is just like me. I have had a hankering for Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal lately. Why were you queasy? Are you getting sick? Do you think I am bingish? I don't eat cartons of ice cream or whole cakes or whole pizzas either but I can eat a 1/2 frozen DiGiornos pizza plus salad and dessert. Some days I eat more than others and some days more healthy foods than others. I have to admit I miss my big salads though if I don't have one. Love family sized salads doused in ranch dressing.

Last edited by oriana; 05-28-2013 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: need to add
Old 05-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Are those the Cadbury bigger chocoate bars? And did you make your brownies? Do you like Texas sheet cake?

Last edited by oriana; 05-28-2013 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: needed to add
Old 05-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

All of that worry for nothing. I actually lost a pound after yesterday's BB starting at 8 a.m. and ending at 10 a.m. Neither the BB Diet nor the Stress Eating Cure say that you must eat in an hour but I am so used to it I got kind of nervous. Anyway I am down 4 pounds this week but I also am off for the summer and able to do my jogging a litte more now. I am 5'3 1/2" and began the week at 111 pounds. I was 107 this morning.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Hello,
Have been reading this for a while and am so interested. Congrats on your losses. Seems to be working well.
I started doing this yesterday and was down a little this morning. I am also counting calories with it since I am 5'1" and am a slow loser. I have "dieted" all my life and need to lose approx. 15 - 20# and think this just might be what I need in order to get to my goal. Always ate my larger meal in the evening which is a no no for me.
Had a large piece of fish for my protein and ate between 8:00 and 9:00. Trying to keep my calories under 1000.
Do all of you have any certain amount of water that you drink?
Appreciate any encouragement and advice you can give me.
Have a great day
Hope
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

I drink when I am thirsty and I drink water and diet soda throughout the day. Black coffee in the winter months. If 1000 calories is enough for you, then go for it although that amount wouldn't get me through the day. Just make sure you have at least 7 oz. of protein. Today I am having about 9 oz. of ribeye, lg. salad doused in ranch, mug of ice cream, diet pepsis.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Jen, how's it going. Don't be afraid to say if you are struggling. We've all been there. You can do it. This truly is the key to satisfaction and weight loss. Don't get distracted like I have been throughout the years with "another diet that might be better". I've tried them all . This is the only one that has cured me.
It's almost 3 p.m. and I am still not hungry after my steak, salad and ice cream. If someone offered me a Reesees right now I would have to say no. That is not the norm for me.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Hello,
Have been reading this for a while and am so interested. Congrats on your losses. Seems to be working well.
I started doing this yesterday and was down a little this morning. I am also counting calories with it since I am 5'1" and am a slow loser. I have "dieted" all my life and need to lose approx. 15 - 20# and think this just might be what I need in order to get to my goal. Always ate my larger meal in the evening which is a no no for me.
Had a large piece of fish for my protein and ate between 8:00 and 9:00. Trying to keep my calories under 1000.
Do all of you have any certain amount of water that you drink?
Appreciate any encouragement and advice you can give me.
Have a great day
Hope
Hi there. Sounds great that you only have to lose about 20 lbs. I am needing to lose another 60-80 lbs! I would caution you to not go the 1000 calories a day route as that would be yo-yo dieting and you WILL gain back the weight the second you go back to eating more than 1000 calories a day which you eventually will.

Trust me and Oriana. She is at maintenance and is near 100 lbs. I am at 213 and she and I eat almost the same calories and both are losing! I eat anywhere from 1800-2600 calories a day. Also 100-160 gms of carbs a day so I am not cutting back on carbs either! This is not a joke I swear! It really does work. And you will not be hungry. The weight loss may not be as fast as you want but you will never have to count a calorie, can honestly stuff yourself and still lose weight! It is not a gimmick and all it has to do is with rearranging how you eat carbs by only eating them one time a day and usually within an hour or so.

The rest of the day if you are still hungry you get to have veggies and protein at other meals. You will not be hungry because once you switch your other hormones like seratonin which is the one which makes you feel full will finally work like how it should once your insulin levels get under control. This typcially works for people who are insulin resistant.

Todays meals:

5:25-5:55am
BB- All from McDonalds except for the salad and fruit smoothie and chocolate

1 large Caramel Mocha with whole milk (no whip because I hate whip cream! LOL)
1 sausage egg mcmuffin with cheese
2 breakfast burritos with salsa
1 hashbrown
4 C salad with 4 TBSP blue cheese drsg
1/2 each of the large Cadbury Dairy Milk fruits and nuts and caramel chocolate bars YUM
1 large all fruit smoothie with bananas, strawberries, apple, orange, grapes.
I had ordered another mcmuffin and 2 hashbrowns that came with the meals that I didn't even eat and brought home tonight for tomorrow as I honestly wasn't even hungry. I got them because of the protein in the meat/cheese/eggs and also the fat from the oil in the hash browns.

I packed in my salad and chocolate because those are 2 things I cannot go without during my meals and if I have to pack them with even if I plan on eating out I will!

For lunch: 12:30-1pm
large salad with all types of greens, mushrooms, 1 TBSP of shredded cheddar cheese, regular ranch, some olive oil on top
4 oz of chicken breast.

I wasn't really that hungry at lunch time but my good friend likes me to take lunch with her and because I ate my BB so early and I knew I'd be starving by the time I got home today which was 9pm so I ate it to get me through! I'll let you know how the scale treats me for my weekly avg!

My days are work I am usually up from 4am-10pm so it is long days and I usually eat a bit more. Days at home are usually RM only days which are typically 4-5 days a week! That is due to lack of hunger and not because I force myself to eat only the one meal. I just feel so good and so full and by the time I do feel hungry it is bed time!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 05-29-2013 at 09:36 PM..
Old 05-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Funny the day I had lots of carbs at my BB/RM I lost but yesterday was only steak, salad and ice cream and I stayed the same plus the day I had a lot of carbs I ate over 2 hours and yesterday I ate within a 1/2 hour. So you see it doesn't matter the carbs but you must have protein to satiisfy throughout the day. Today I had my BB over the span of 2 hours again. I woke up very hungry and ate a bowl of pineapple because I knew I wouldn't have energy for my morning jog. When I got back I had a big bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch with whole milk and a Chick fil a chicken sandwich with mayo and lettuce and tomato and then a Costco carrot cake cupcake. So I had about 2000 calories. I'll have a couple diet pepsis later today.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

MIW do you make your own smoothies and what do you put in them?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

MIW just to verify for those struggling with low calories didn't you also calorie restrict back in your dieting history with no success?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Thank you for all of the info. Have ordered the book, but don't have it yet. Hope this works for me.
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIW just to verify for those struggling with low calories didn't you also calorie restrict back in your dieting history with no success?
Yes I have done Weight Watchers many times with roughly 1500 calories a day, Jenny Craig same thing, Fen-phen, Hoodia, all sorts of appetite suppressants, diets of my own like only eating a burrito a day or nothing for a few days, water fasts, juice fasts, vegetarianism, etc. I have also tried Atkin's, did CAD back in the late 90's roughly 1998 or 1999. I have never stuck with a diet more than about 5 months ever.

I am almost a solid 8 months in with maybe 3 or 4 "oopsie" days where I didn't eat according to the plan I choose to follow. Only one of those days was a complete free for all where I felt like I was out of control. The other days were just accidentally eating beyond my one hour for carbs or just eating two "regular" type carbs meals instead of only one.

I also used to exercise as well to try to burn more calories. Never anything extreme but I did hire a personal trainer in my area that I would go to their home and work out with, I used to belong to a 24 hour gym before I had kids and actually a few times could be found in the gym in the middle of the night! LOL

I did the best with an excercise regimen the last time I was doing WW and would actually work out 4-5 times a week that was a good 4 mile walk, an hour of low impact cardio with "The Firm" videos and also doing light weight training and yoga. I actually wish I could get back in the groove again with that as I was looking and feeling good then but my motivation was just so I could justify eating more and not so I could build endurance or strength.

I did recently in the last few years with the personal trainer also train myself privately where I was out 30min to 1 hour a day on my roads (I live in a rural area) running up all the hills, walking the straights and downhills, doing hundreds of feet of squats and deep knee bends, march walking, etc as I was dog-sledding every winter for about 90 miles in 3 days at an event I would go to and I was about 200 lbs then and still had good strenght and endurance. I do know at ANY weight people can be a lot more healthier, stronger, and have a lot more endurance than the average person would expect so I do know even fat people can be very healthy.

My own doctor told me once about 9 years ago that I was his healthiest patient but as a nurse even I should know it is not good to be so overweight and it will probably only be a matter of time before I develop health issues related to being so overweight like high blood pressure, diabetes, knee injuries, etc. As I have gotten a bit older and feeling more aches and pains, getting short of breath easier, etc it is starting to sink it that you can only be overweight and healthy for so long and that is due to youth! Age and poor diet will catch up and win eventually! LOL

Now I do want to exercise to actually build up my body and make it stronger but I want to shed some of the excess weight first as I do feel aches and pains and strains now that I am older and heavier so I do not want to risk really hurting something like tearing a ligament or tendon!

I guess to answer your question- No, I never saw the results I was after with any other type of diet and I always knew it was temporary just to lose the weight and then I would go back to my previous ways. Now I totally understand that I have a medical condition called Insulin Resistance aka hyperinsulinemia so I do not plan on changing the way I eat now. It is for life and also the easiest "diet" I have ever been on!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 05-30-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Old 05-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIW do you make your own smoothies and what do you put in them?
I have a nice Blendtec blender that we got from Costco before they switched to selling the Vitamix ones. I like the blendtec because it is a regular size appliance and fits on the counter well, but the Vitamix are nice too!

For my smoothies, honestly I throw in whatever we have. My favorite "base" recipe is one that actually came in the recipe book with the blender:

1 C strawberries
1 orange (peeled of course!)
1 C grapes
1 banana
1 C ice

I usually add 1 apple, and 1 extra banana. I also will throw in watermelon, pineaplle, even greens like dandelion greens, spinach, cilantro and will squeeze in the juice from a lemon if I have them laying around.

I did juicing for most meals for over a month after watching Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead and we juiced EVERYTHING even cabbage! LOL

MIW
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Ok I just finished reading The Big Breakfast book. I like all the reasearch about eating earlier but I can definately see that I am not really following her "prescribed diet."

I DO NOT EAT ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS!!! And I never will again. That stuff is toxic- at least to me. Also, I do not do low-fat anything. 2% is as low as I go and I actually go for whole milk or even raw goats milk. Low fat dairy is not natural!!!

I also do not approve of the all day carb-fest and frequent meals. I am sorry but "The Stew" has too many carby foods despite if they are low glycemic index or not. Also the recommendation about having low fat cottage cheese with Splenda would have me eating AGAIN a short while later if that is what I ate to try to curb hunger.

I think the Heller's did a better job making a case for less frequent eating than this doctor does for more frequent eating. It would probably help someone who is used to eating and grazing all day long on fatty and ultra carby foods lose but not someone who is doing low carb/high protein and who is also insulin resistant. I know that is just my opinion but the stew and other carbs and the recommendations to sip on it pretty much all day long is too much for me to grasp! Maybe I am rejecting the idea after having done the cabbage soup diet and being constantly hungry from sipping that all day long! LOL

I also do not like counting portion sizes, etc and I have become so spoiled following CAD and CALP. I can definately do the "thirds" of each and eyeball portions like how the Heller's recommened in the CALP book! But in the BB diet book she definately stresses keeping to the recommended portion sizes so it is a specific diet plan and not an individualized flexible plan like CALP is.

Of course there are always hybrid diets that still work! Hehehehhee

I love all the pictures of the meals at the beginning of the book! I wish every diet book had that! LOL

All in all I can see I am more doing CALP just in reverse and more along Rachael Heller's extreme IF method or somedays more like over 4-8 hours with 2 meals.

MIW
Old 05-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

I love fruit! Trying something different for awhile...................
Old 05-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Details?????

MIW
Old 06-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
hey, it's a free country! go for it! we can rotate diets, to accommodate our needs/desires.

i'm not discouraged at all with the BBD and still a die-hard BBD fan. i haven't lost more weight, but my carb cravings are under control. i saw my mom the other day, and though i'd only lost 1 pound since i saw her last, she said i looked like i'd lost more than that. that compliment will keep me going awhile.

i'm more settled in my gut with this diet, like i've said before. i don't think i'll be trying anything else. i've lost 80 pounds in total, and so i already feel like i've climbed a mountain. the rest of the weight will just come off eventually. i am following the all-you-can-eat version of the BBD right now. i'm going to eventually do the stricter version but am content maintaining. my husband's always telling me to just maintain, so subconsciously i've been listening. lol

my problem right now is dealing with weddings, potlucks, special get togethers. when i do those, i allow myself the liberty to be off plan, but then it takes me a week to get the weight off. today, i have a wedding to go to and will be thrift store shopping afterward with a van load of friends. i'm wondering if i should just eat my normal breakfast, and then just be content to watch my friends indulge in yummy foods.

is it worth it to me to go off plan for just one day and pay for it the rest of the week? life's short, right? i think i'm just going to switch diets for the day and count calories. i'll have a hamburger patty and protein drink (7 protein servings), and then just plan on eating outside of the 9 am rule. when i get with friends, i tend to eat with them. i'm not a closet eater. i guess you could call me a crowd eater.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 06-01-2013 at 06:08 AM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
this would be me. i lived on 1000 calories or less when i was in my early 20's. that got old! i was still a chubby size 16! ugh

i have a slower than average metabolism, with lots of obese people in my family, including weight loss surgeries. i will never be thin. i've been obese almost all of my life, starting at age 11.

everyone's different, including their metabolisms. i do believe that the key to losing weight for me (and most everyone on the planet) is counting calories AND carbs. the two go hand in hand.

i wish that the BBD would cure all of this, but it doesn't. the thing it does do is cure the carb craving monster. that's worth its weight in gold.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

MIW why don't you just have 2 cms and a rm day? I am done with diets after yesterday. CAD is it for me. I actually gained on fruit yesterday. THat is where I got trapped before. Now my mind is made up. CAD/1 rm a day is it for me.

Jenn, I think if you really stuck to one meal a day even if it is lunch, your metabolism would charge. I too dieted and ate 800 calories of only fruit a day. That is the only way I could lose weight. Why don't you determine to stick to one meal and try to walk a bit and see if it makes a difference. I know we keep saying this but CAD is sloooowwww weight loss. It sure beats binging though. I wanted to binge so bad last night after eating that fruit in the day and that is when I knew I was in dangerous ground and that I had to stay of CAD for life.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
After spotting this thread and reading through it my interest in the BBD was peaked, my husband ordered the book for me from amazon and I started today. I may have overdone it a bit at breakfast (890 cals!) but it is almost 1:00 and no hunger in sight! I was doing JUDDD for the past 3 weeks and doing pretty good, lost 6lbs in the 3 weeks. The down days were killing me though, I found myself upping my DD calories just to get throught the day....my set cals for DD was 600 but I consistantly would go over and up to 800 on most every DD. I figured why not try the BBD and see how it goes.

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Yes yes yes! Be done with dieting and just make it for life. I love the flexibility of CAD: no or minimal cravings, getting to eat a REAL meal once a day, eating plenty of nutritious veggies, protein, AND carbs!!! What's not to love about that. Plus the other meals if I need them? AND LOSING WEIGHT??? I mean come on. It is THE answer for most of us. I am still doing the RM only most days with breakfast being the meal. Yesterday however we were in town and took my kids to one of our favorite vietnames restaurants. I stayed on plan and since it is my TOM and I was hungry I just had a bowl of meat pho with veggies and gave the noodles to the kids. Very nutritious that beef broth and fresh basil, peppers, bean sprouts. I might even keep some on hand for CM's since it squelches the hunger so well and isn't tons of calories either.

MIW