Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
another milestone i've noticed with this woe is that the phrase "drink water when you feel hungry" actually makes sense. previously, i could drink almost a gallon and still feel what i felt was hunger, and now i realize was cravings. now, when i'm feeling i'm afraid i'll be hungry or cravy, drinking water actually works.

i had to laugh the other day. i'd made a turkey for the family, and while i was cutting it up, i allowed myself to give into nibbling a bit. i told myself, "well, it's low carb, so it'll be okay. and if this makes me want to eat more when the hubbs is eating, i'll have some more." well, it wasn't until after he'd eaten that it dawned on me that it'd been an hour, and i hadn't even THOUGHT of eating more. this is very unusual... if you knew me at all! so cool!!!!
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Jen have you had to eat your BB late yet or even had to go to a special occasion to eat yet? I had to have a brunch the last two days at work and still I was fine. I like breakfast the best though. Have you lost more weight?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

this past week i was at my folks' for 6 days. i did CAD on those days (keeping my meal within 1 hour), with 7+ oz. of protein. we went to restaurants, so i brought along baggies of peanuts, turkey sausage jerky, and mini twix bars. i supplemented my meals when necessary.

no, i haven't lost anymore weight. i tend to lose in chunks. maybe i'll lose the next chunk shortly. either way, i'm still completely amazed at being crave-free.

that's great that you've been able to do brunches. hey, there's more to life than dieting strictly. i am not one to binge, so this would work for me, too.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Hey I love reading the posts and following the threads. If I ever get dissapointed with my current WOE I will trial this one again. I think next time I won't try to eat right out of the gate and read the books. Sounds like you can wait a bit later and similar to IF with eating between 5 and 9 am. Currently I have been eating my big meal (RM) closer to 12 - 2pm.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Jen, do you space out your BB since you get up at 5 a.m. like I do? I sometimes eat it all at once or if I get up at 4-5 a.m. I have a little and then a lot later on! LOL! How did you day go? Someone else at church asked me about this diet again today! I am buying a huge burrito for dinner Tuesday night and saving for BB the next day.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Jen you probably didn't lose last week because you didn't have BB's but RM's since you weren't eating breakfasts. I'll bet it comes off this week at least a little.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I typically get up at 5 a.m., and have my coffee with creamer and sugar. i usually wait until 7:45 to start working on breakfast.

I think my biggest struggle with this diet is that i'm an evening eater, and thinking about what i want for breakfast in the wee hours of the morning is not my cup of tea. i really should put more thought into it later in the day, plan things out, but this diet has taken away my obsession with food. it's a wonderful problem to have!
yesterday, this is what i ate:

5:00 - sweetened coffee; small bowl of bran Chex
7:45 - 4 oz. hamburger patty; protein drink; 1 oz. almonds; 1 oz. turkey sausage; 1 oz. pistachios; almond turtles

i kinda just grabbed yesterday, trying to make up enough protein so that i'd be "happy" all day. i need to plan more!

the author of the BBD says that if your breakfast protein hasn't been enough for you, you'll be hungry at supper time. i've found that i do seem to have to overload on the protein. i had 9 oz. protein, and it was a good day. when i have just 7 oz. i'm more discontent. i do find that if i only eat the one meal, i do better. i suppose i could have more protein later in the day, but just knowing that i'm done with eating keeps my mind from straying into the eating mode. for now, once a day, practically stuffing myself, makes me one happy camper.

today, i've already had my sweetened coffee. i'm planning on having this for breakfast:
chili, hamburger patty with cheese, green beans, protein drink, homemade cream filled cupcake,

i do count my calories and kinda watch carbs. by around the 1500 calorie marker, i'm about maxed out. there's just something about being allowed to eat until you're completely full, at least once a day. i don't know how in the world people can eat 5 small meals a day and not go crazy.

i'm not worried about not losing weight, for the time being. i lost 15 pounds last month, and 6 pounds this month. i don't lose at a nice even clip. and with this woe, i'd really be super happy with 5 pounds a month.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

I too feel like sometimes 7 oz. isn't enough. I need more protein to carry me through the day. I sort of miss the evening meal but am not hungry for it. Just a social thing.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

How's it going, Jen? What's for breakfast today? Have you thought about what you would do for Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. I will probably just have a free day or eat my BB later. She says if you get up late you can eat it when getting up. Do you use real sugar in your coffee of splenda. Today is teacher appreciation breakfast at the Christian school I teach at and breakfast will be served. Yay!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

What kind of protein drink do you use?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

I was looking at your stats. Were you still craving on Juddd? I tried it and I was starving and couldn't control myself on the up days. Even on Atkins I was hungry. Is the really the best diet you've tried so far. I felt gross eating big rm at night and in the end I couldn't lose on CAD. What diets have you tried?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

great your school serves breakfast on teacher appreciation day. i love a huge breakfast spread.

if i do my CAD rm in the evening, i have problems with indigestion. i will continue to do CAD for holidays and/or get togethers with friends. i have a special meal with friends at least once a month.

yes, i use sugar in my coffee now, but it's before 9 am.

i can't remember what protein drink i get. i tossed out the tub of it just this morning. it has 25 g protein per cup, comes from Walmart, and it's low in carb. only 140 calories. gives me extra protein with fewer calories.

today, i had my coffee & bran cereal at 7, then at 8, i had a personal pan homemade pizza, mozzarella sticks, green beans, 2 oz. peanuts, protein drink.

i started weight watchers by age 8, dieting off and on for 20 years after that, always counting calories. i couldn't lose weight without starvation diets, and i had to starve in order to keep weight off that i'd worked so hard to get off. that got so old.

i only started dieting again this last june after my sister recommended lowering my carbs, and then transitioned to juddd. whenever i dieted, i always had cravings, until BBD. there's something about this diet that satisfies something in my gut. no longer am i thinking about food all the time, as i had with other diets. i eat til i'm full and then get on with my life.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 05-07-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

CAD

13 years ago i devoted an entire year to CAD. i lost 12 pounds within a few months, and then stalled.

i now realize that what might have been the problem was that i was drinking diet pop and chewing sugar free gum. the hellers' explain in their book how this can stall some people.

i did enjoy the CAD diet, but even with that, i had constant cravings... that is until i actually ate, which was in the evening. now, with eating in the morning, i don't have cravings at all, even when watching my family devour supper 9 hours later!

with CAD i struggled with being crabby outside of my rm. that was something that i really am keen on with the BBD. i don't have to deal with that when i'm not eating. it's really quite nice.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

i'm rereading my BBD book, and i found that nuts are not to be part of the 7 oz. protein. so i don't want to mislead anyone reading these posts. there could very well be other things i'm missing.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

On this plan Dr. J. allows sugar free sodas and gum. I was surprised because I do drink it at night if I get what I think is a twinge of hunger. I was hungry until 8 p.m. last night and then I just had water and went to bed. Got up this morning for coffee with cream and was stuffed until an hour later when I will have this humungo burrito from Chipotle filled with protein and then dessert......probably Reesees!
No hunger throughout the day. What is difficult now is that when I have my free days I am not hungry for lunch but I eat it anyway because I know it is my free day! LOL!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Jen, you can still eat nuts. If she uses peanut butter then nuts would be appropriate. Don't forget there are some vegetarians that don't eat meat and legumes and nuts would be there protein sources. I do need to make sure I am eating enough protein though or hunger starts up.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

On CAD I was crabby outside of RM too. I also didn't seem to get as satisfied at night when eating the exact same rm as my BB that I eat now. Plus the next morning I would have a food hangover if I ate too much. PLUS I couldn't lose but gained weight many times over. She says that if you wake up late or have a vacation you can eat brunch but just expect to maintain that week.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

i thought she listed nuts under fats. i just saw a little snippet on it, so i could be wrong. i just whip through books too quickly. i'm sure i'll find other things when i read it again. i'll be loaning my BBD copy to a friend tonight and asked her if she could return it to me by Sunday. i don't want to loan it out much, yet.

one thing she said in the book is that eggs aren't as filling as other proteins. i'm going to lessen them, just in case. i'm trying to figure out what works best for me. i know that i could do the stricter method of this diet, but i really want to give the easier one a chance. i've always got the fear of lowering my metabolism on my mind. Calorie-wise, i'm eating no more now than i was at my highest weight. i'm just more aware of carbs, and now timing has entered into play.

i can only imagine what it's like to be in maintenance. it'll be fun to eventually have a weekly free day, but at this point, i'm so satisfied with this woe that i'm not counting the days.

(for breakfast, i had coffee, bran cereal, protein drink, french toast, bacon, 2 oz. cheese)

Last edited by jenericstewart; 05-08-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

How's it going, Jen. I've lost 2 pounds! yesterday didn't start until 11 and I had 3 apples, Mexican, salad, lg. bowl of ice cream, 3 cookies. OINK!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

congrats on 2 pounds lost! cool!

i'm craving free! to me, that's worth its weight in gold! i haven't lost more weight but no discouragement here. i know more will come off in time. i lose in chunks. slow and steady wins the race.

anxious to see the scale move s'more, i decided to incorporate some juddd down days with the BBD. i have found FINALLY, that i cannot eat anything outside of my meal. if i eat anything with calories or artificial sweeteners, it sends me into craving mode. even low/no carbs drive me wild with cravings.

i seem to have a lot of special dinners/meetings going on, so i'm continuing to have CAD rm (1 meal/day [no cms], done eating w/i 1 hr.). i think these will inhibit weight loss, but at least i'm not gaining. life's too short.

i'm super SUPER excited about this! i have been dieting for almost a year, and i've finally gotten the handle on this. the key for me is to always have 1 meal per day, whether it's a BB, a CAD rm, or a JUDDD down day. i'm satisfied! Wow! i thought dieting would always remain an ache, and certainly maintaining would be a pain, but without cravings, this is a dream come true! Also, i no longer have to watch the carbs. i do make sure to eat a lot of protein, as prescribed by BBD. that makes a huge difference.

tomorrow morning, i will have my coffee black (ewwwww), and then not eat until supper. i will be having a CAD rm at a restaurant. i find it easy to fast as long as i stick with no calories/carbs/artificial sweeteners.

did i mention that i'm LOVING no cravings?! pinch me! i never thought i would ever get to this point.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
How's it going, Jen. I've lost 2 pounds! yesterday didn't start until 11 and I had 3 apples, Mexican, salad, lg. bowl of ice cream, 3 cookies. OINK!
Hi Everyone, I am crossing over from the JUDDD board (hope that's ok). I started JUDDD on 4/2/13 and was able to stick with it for the first week or so. After that, I could not keep to the DDs, feeling ravenous and bingeing on UDs. I tried all the tricks and the folks in that group are so supportive, but I just could not make it work. I felt completely discouraged and awful when everyone else seemed to be able to stick with it and have great success. Just then, someone on another board recommended I read the book Brain Over Binge. After reading that, it made sense why I was unable to stick with JUDDD (the deprivation of DDs triggering bingeing and so on).

Now, here I am thinking the Big Breakfast Diet might be something that will work for me. When I was at my lowest weight and most successful at keeping a healthy diet within 1200 cals per day, I did eat most of my calories in the morning. I was on Weight Watchers (points system) back then and usually at most of my points by 10 or 11 AM. I was able to eat very little the rest of the day, mostly veggies and/or yogurt, and be successful (without stalling in the process). I did a "cheat meal" once per week and any cravings I had the rest of the week were manageable.

So, Oriana, you seem to be successful with the BBD. I am wondering if you are doing the "relaxed" version (3,000 cals per day), the quicker version (1,200 cals per day) or somewhere in between? Just curious to learn from those who have been successful with this WOE.

Thanks Much in Advance,

DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Jen so on your JUDDD days do you just eat 500 calories at your one rm? Also, I have found I do better if I eat my meal all at once within the hour. I too have had to had some lunch rm instead of BB because of Mother's Day and all but still no cravings like on my fruit diets.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

yes, 500 calories, which are so much easier now that i'm only having black coffee outside of that meal.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 05-13-2013 at 07:39 AM..
Old 05-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
I started JUDDD on 4/2/13 and was able to stick with it for the first week or so. After that, I could not keep to the DDs, feeling ravenous and bingeing on UDs. I tried all the tricks and the folks in that group are so supportive, but I just could not make it work. I felt completely discouraged and awful when everyone else seemed to be able to stick with it and have great success.
i've never read brain over binge. i'll have to try it.

however, my experience with juddd was this... i was on it for 5 months, lost on average 2 lbs/wk. then POOF it quit working. i went into a 6 week plateau. in tweaking i read in a hellers' book that sugar free gum/pop can cause stalls, besides cravings. once i quit those, i dropped 15 pounds practically overnight.

i've since learned that for ME, juddd down days must consist of only 1 meal. doesn't matter when i have it, but absolutely nothing outside of that meal. otherwise, i'm plagued with cravings. "nothing" means no artificial sweeteners, no carb free things, no zero calorie foods, no cream, no coconut oil, etc. nothing but black unsweetened coffee and water. since i've implemented this, i've been completely, absolutely, astonishingly crave free.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Jen so on your JUDDD days do you just eat 500 calories at your one rm? Also, I have found I do better if I eat my meal all at once within the hour. I too have had to had some lunch rm instead of BB because of Mother's Day and all but still no cravings like on my fruit diets.
Oriana, are you doing the 3000 calorie version or the 1200 calorie version of the BBD?
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I do the relaxed version eating more than 600 calores at my meal. It is the only meal of the day for me though. I don't eat 3 meals. She says you can have low carb lunch but I am not hungry and never hungry for dinner.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. This last week or a bit more I have been eating my big RM 9am to 12 in that range (only eat for an hour when I start) and sometimes might have another extreme low carb meal again later. I do feel shakey later in the day and also hungry at night but this WOE is doable. I probably will go back to doing my bigger meal at night since I can objectively say for my body when I ate that way I almost never felt hungry and never got tired or shakey after eating. But, Oriana I did do a "free" day a couple of Sundays ago and lost 2 lbs from yesterday to today! I am now 214.6 lbs which is my lowest weight in 7 months and I am now down a solid 20 lbs. I eat 1800-2600 cals a day and eat ANY and all types of carbs during my RM. It really does work to eat this way and I focus on having Insulin Resistance and not trying to do low cal one bit.

MIW
Old 05-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I am wondering if that Free Day jump starts things? It seems like when I go on BB for a week and then do a free day I lose again. I too like rms at night but BB seems to show more losses.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am wondering if that Free Day jump starts things? It seems like when I go on BB for a week and then do a free day I lose again. I too like rms at night but BB seems to show more losses.
Ya I am not sure. I know I have had about 3 "oopsie" days where RM spilled over an hour but since I adopted IF along with CAD those days didn't bother me since I was still well within a 5 hour eating window. The free day with my friend I didn't care one bit. I am not sure if I want to adopt a free day regularly or not, mainly because I feel so satisfied the way I am eating and am still losing. However it is encouranging to know I don't have to beat myself up if I just decide to be free once in a while! LOL

MIW
Old 05-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Today was an RM only day eaten within an hour and I started at 2pm.

3 C chicken noodle medley (prepackaged) 900 cal
4 oz baked chicken meat 135 cal
6 C mixed baby green salad 45 cal
4 TBSP Hidden Valley Ranch dsg 280 cal
4 C water melon 185 cal
10 regular oreo cookies 400 cal

Total Calories: 1945

MIW