Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 04:44 AM   #781
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Hi everyone, still goin strong. Love love love my BB! Maria just a tip. You can't be eating free days until you get to maintenance and also no carbs during lunch and dinner. You should only be eating carbs and startches during your BB. It doesn't look like you are eating 7 oz. of protein for BB also. You may even need more to keep your hunger at bay. If you eat enough protein you won't want to eat during the day. I eat about 10 oz. sometimes and I am full through to 7 or 8 p.m. Then I just drink water or diet soda. I do free days because I am at maintenance but even then I am losing. I only have a free day once a week and on the 7th day. Just some tips. Today's bb is cheese and coffee with cream first thing. Then a cheeseburger with the works, can of Mt. Dew and a big slice of DQ ice cream cake. YUMMM!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #782
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariamartha
Thank you Oriana, I'm not sure what to do. I've been getting headaches when I follow the diet. I wake up with headaches. I feels like buying a glucose meter just to see if my sugar is low. Yesterday I followed it to a t and woke up with the worst headache. I asked Dr Daniela on facebook but she didn't respond. I don't think she's going to respond. I really like this diet but I need to figure out what's causing my problems. I might just to the maintenance part until I figure it out.
Mariamartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #783
Junior LCF Member

Hello, I did the maintenance part of the BBD and I didn't gain weight or get a headache. I was 166.2 this morning. I bought some Jay robb whey protein that I started this morning.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #784
Junior LCF Member

Hello,

I'm still doing the maintenance part of the BBD. I actually lost weight, now I'm 165.8. I was so excited that I'm not doing the turbo part and I'm still losing. I ate so much for breakfast then 2 carbs with protein for lunch, an apple after working out and one carb with protein for dinner.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #785
Junior LCF Member

Anyone there? I know we get pretty busy. I'm really liking this diet. Did the maintenance again and lost 2 ounces this morning.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here! I'm here! I will always be a believer in this way of eating. I had steak, salad and a big piece of Dairy Queen ice cream cake with extra whipped cream, and a can of Mt. Dew. I finished just before 9 a.m. and am full full full. I won't eat again today and am totally fine with it. I can lose weight no other way. I have tried every diet under the sun, even all the "healthy" ones only to gain weight. Best of all I even can have a free day on this diet. I'm here with no chance of changing if any one wants to join in.

Maria what do you have to eat for dinners? I don't eat as I am not hungry on this. Only if I don't eat at least 7 oz. of protein. So on my free days I don't eat as much protein in the morning so that I can try to get hungry again to eat all day! LOL!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #787
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still full after eating at 8:30 this morning. It is 4 p.m. now and I am fine just drinking a diet Mt. Dew. I am going out with a friend on Friday and she asked me to go to lunch. No biggie. I will schedule in a free day for that day. I love this way of eating. Then I just get back on plan the next day meaning big breakfast!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #788
Junior LCF Member

Hi Oriana, for dinner I make sure I make protein, veggies, and potatoes or rice for my family. Then I'll have one serving of each. I've been eating 7 oz of protein the last two days but if I don't eat the rest of the day I wake up with a big headache. I think it's because I have insulin problems. When I was pregnant with my twins I had gestational diabetes. I'm going to try this for now since I'm still losing weight. I really like it. I've never lost weight on other diets either.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:52 AM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

I lost a pound on my breakfast yesterday which kept me full all day long. I had a couple diet sodas at night and was completely satisfied. I saw another gal on Amazon who is on this and only has 8 pounds more to lose. I told her to look up this thread. Today I have 3 mandarin oranges, raisin bagel with cream cheese, 2 eggs, 3 sausages, a yogurt and 3 Baby Ruth candy bars, tea with milk. That should keep me full all day.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

add a banana to that breakfast........tomorrow is steak, salad with ranch and 2 DQ buster bars, plus a soda or two.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #791
Junior LCF Member

I didn't weigh myself today because my husband brought Chinese for dinner last night and I also had a coke and rum drink. Today we went to D.C. on the metro. We ate at the museum of history. The food was really expensive so I ate a few bites from my boys pizza. I'm glad I didn't order because it was not that good. I'll do better tomorrow. Oriana how much do you want to weigh? I want to weigh 135 or 140. That's what I weighed 10 years ago.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #792
Junior LCF Member

Went to the gym 2 hours after finishing breakfast. Daniela says to wait until the afternoon but I feel much better if I do it before noon. It helps me not get anxiety at night.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:53 AM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

I like running in the morning rather than evening too.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #794
Junior LCF Member

This week, my goal is not to cheat over the weekend. That means I will have to cook almost everyday so my husband does not buy take out food. I'm going to tell him we can go out for breakfast instead. Today I'm going to do my "Intervals kettle bell workout." I don't want to exercise everyday but I just sleep so much better.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #795
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariamartha View Post
Hello, Yesterday I tried adding 2 carbs for lunch and I got hungry around 7 pm.
it may be that you didn't eat enough protein in the a.m. that happens to me, so i need to have 12-15 protein servings to be content all day when doing the BBD.

jakubowicz allows a small fruit for both lunch and supper, along with nonstarchy veggies and protein. not having fruit outside of your meal comes from the hellers. i'm not sure which is the best route. ymmv... i'm not a fan of most fruits, so it's easy for me to forego them.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #796
Senior LCF Member

i'm back to BBD, for maintenance. while JUDDD worked best for weight loss, living the BBD lifestyle makes me soooo content. this is my 3rd day back on it, and wow, what a difference it does for my mood. i will be doing JUDDD down days when necessary, and/or doing CAD for holidays and get togethers, so that i don't go off track altogether.

my question of the morning is: has anyone followed the BBD by the book, with 3 proteins, 3 veggie servings, fruit? with an occasional supper?

Last edited by jenericstewart; 03-13-2014 at 08:17 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #797
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
I'm still here too. Usually eating as early as I can which is in the 10-Noon range most days and that being my only meal of they day. However all last week I ate later in the day and had alcohol each day as well so I've gained back up to the 215's. Still not too shabby seeing as how I am eating more than ever, even when I started I weighed 235 and I wasn't eating near as much as I do now so I am not complaining! LOL

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:28 AM   #798
Senior LCF Member

MIW, you are always so refreshing! i always love how one of your main goals is to be able to eat like a normal human being. recent statistics show that up to 97% of dieters regain their weight within 5 years. surely people would do better to find a woe that would be more sustainable, like the BBD and CAD.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #799
Junior LCF Member

I didn't do the diet the last couple of days because I've been getting really bad anxiety. I'm not sure why but I'm trying to figure it out. I was reading a book called potatoes not Prozac so I decide to eat an apple three hours after eating my last meal like the author recommends. I tried it last night and I did sleep better. So today I'm going to follow the BBD and 3 hours after eating my last protein meal I'm going to add and apple and see if that helps so I can continue doing the BBD during the day.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still doing great. I love this and won't change unless I am having a free day, or course. Having at least 2500 calories a day for breakfast only.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #801
Junior LCF Member

Hi Oriana, do you start really early in the morning? I'm thinking of starting with carbs instead of protein to see if it helps with building serotonin.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #802
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CoffeeCat
Just stumbled across this thread.

I'm not familiar with the diet but it describes my natural eating pattern. I eat a pretty big breakfast anywhere between 11 am - 1 pm, and it fills me up. I might have a small meal in the evening. It isn't necessarily low-carb but most of the time it's a piece of fruit or possibly yogurt. Sometimes it IS protein and a vegetable. Just depends on a lot of things.

I've been practicing intuitive eating for a while and when I finally ditched the diet mentality and allowed myself to eat the way my body needed to, this is pretty much the pattern I fell into.

So I'm not surprised that it's helping others lose weight.
CoffeeCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #803
Senior LCF Member

i'm thinking of tweaking this a bit... since i get up pretty early, and i really really want my coffee (gotta have it!). i'm going to do a sort of 4 hour eating window: coffee at 8, a bit of protein for my brain, and then finish up my meal closer to noon.

i do find that i'm quite content, even with finishing up my food by 9, but how much happier would i be if i pushed it up a bit? lol

anyway, i started back with BBD on wednesday, and i'm so thrilled with how content this woe makes me. i had my "free" day on friday, which was a thrill.

my family doesn't want me to lose more weight, but i'm secretly hoping i can drop 9 more pounds. ssshhhhh if i do lose, it'll be extremely slow, as i'm prone to do that even with a much stricter diet. but slow will be good cause my face is starting to sag a bit.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

Why doesn't your family want you to lose weight/ Are you still 183? This should get you at a more healthy weight I would say. I love eating my one meal a day though and I wouldn't eat the BB lunch and dinners. I like on meal only.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:26 AM   #805
Senior LCF Member

i weigh 182. 183 was my goal.

if i could lose on 2500 calories with BBD i'd agree with you. i'm in maintenance eating 1550 calories, currently working at reverse dieting. if i can build my metabolism over time, i may be able to get to my next goal of 173.

recent statistics show that 97% of dieters regain their weight by year five. i only have 5 years to go to defy the odds.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:10 AM   #806
Senior LCF Member

have to make a last minute business trip, which always messes up my fine tuned plans. i really wanted to be at maintenance longer before venturing out of my comfort zone, but...

so, i'm "planning" on having my coffee in the morning (life's to short! have to have it, keeps me sane), with a CAD-style lunch before 2:00 most days. i'm hoping this works. if it does, i'd preFER the CAD anyday over BBD, that's for sure. while i really enjoy the content feeling i get from BBD, CAD is more suited to socializing.

how's everyone else doing?
Old 03-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals, I am jumping back and forth with either eating my BB or a big lunch or a big dinner. I eat one meal a day and so far it seems I lose best with eating breakfast only. I am going to see which one works best for me. Tonight after fasting all day I am having a dinner of steak, salad, ice cream.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #808
Junior LCF Member

Hello,

I'm just maintaining so far. I'm only eating 5 oz of protein in the morning and eating normally for lunch and dinner. I've been exercising one hour after lunch also, so this morning I measured my waist and it's an inch smaller. For me the 5 oz of protein is still a big breakfast because before I used to only eat one egg.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #809
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
I've been eating as early as I can, usually 10-12 (but only for one hour) and I am going up in wt!!! 217.2 pounds today

Yes I have been eating too many carbs and no I haven't been eating enough protein but I haven't been hungry, no cravings, usually one meal a day only. Not sure WTH is going on. I will be going back to the ribeye, salad, iced mochas and cookies meal soon!!!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #810
Senior LCF Member

MIW, protein speeds up your metabolism. i'm eating about what i ate at my heaviest, except that now i concentrate more on protein. it has made a big difference with my ability to lose weight.