Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
I still am doing my Large Lunch version although there was one day I ate my carb meal at 8:30am (McDonald's) and today was from 10:30-11:30. For me it just depends on the day. I know if I eat a carb meal any later than 4pm I am up all night. I totally know what you mean about getting used to it being earlier. I swear it slows down digestion and the hormones and I still feel full for HOURS! I still some days eat meat and salad- but only if really hungry. I just take it day by day!

I did start TOM so I am not surprised at my weights.

MIW

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 04:38 AM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Are you up a bit in weight? It should come down if you are eating earlier? I'll be you'll see 209 soon again!!! Just eat earlier? Are you still averaging this week?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Lovin' life on BB's!! I was looking back at this thread and saw all of my losses and that was the ice breaker. I am sticking to this WOE! Had a big steak, salad and ice cream in the early hours of the a.m. today and still full. Back in the saddle again!!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

MIW wasn't it on the BBD that you go to your lowest weight of 209? And it seemed you could still eat 3000 calories but lose instead of maintain. I am trying to get Scott and Laurie his wife to post on the board. I saw them on the Amazon comments for BBD and they both lost and are maintaining now on the BBD. She posted one time.

Last edited by oriana; 02-24-2014 at 07:47 PM..
Old 02-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #755
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariamartha
Hello Oriana and everyone, I'm trying to do the bbd. I'm on FB for the bbd but there not much support over there. Oriana suggested using this instead. I want to be healthier and lose weight. My LDL is a bit elevated and also have PCOS. I'm doing the 5 protein for now then when I do my physical I might increase it to 7. I just want to make sure it's not messing my cholesterol. Anyways, I noticed I get really tired when I eat an egg and two slices of cheese when I get up. Do any of you get tired with high protein and fat 1st thing in the morning? It makes me want to take a nap.lol. Today I had the whey protein instead and I didn't get tired.

Last edited by Mariamartha; 02-25-2014 at 08:17 AM..
Mariamartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Maria, so glad you found us! How long have you been on BBD? Can you tell us how you found out about it and how much you have lost? Did you have your blood work done before being on this or was your cholesterol high after you started BBD? I follow the BBD by having one big breakfast at least 2000 calories of more and then I don't eat the rest of the day. On the 7th day I have a free day which is suggested for maintenance. Also, I sometimes have part one of my BB at 5 a.m. and then finish before 9 a.m.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:40 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Today's BB will be steak, salad with ranch, 14 oz. of Haagen Dazs and a Mt. Dew. I was 109 today.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #758
Junior LCF Member

Thank You Oriana!

I'm taking baby steps with this diet. I started 3 months ago by having more protein for breakfast. I eat 5 oz. of protein in the morning. My problems is I cheat on the weekends. I started weighing 173 now I'm 166. Last weekend I cheated on Saturday and Sunday and gained .5 lbs. Now on Wednesday I'm back to exactly 166. On Saturday I had dinner with my family and Sunday we went to a B-day party. I found this diet because I have PCOS and I was searching online for the best diets for PCOS. Because of PCOS you can have insulin resistance and irregular menstrual cycles. This diet has improved my PCOS symptoms. I had blood work done last September, I want to see the difference between that blood work and the new one when I have it done in September and I'll let you all know. Today I had 2 slice of Swiss cheese at 6 am and at 8am 2 buckwheat pancakes with almond butter. At 9:30 I'll probably have an egg with cheese and some cookies. I save the veggies for lunch and dinner. I feel like basically I'm doing the relaxed plan of the BBD. I hope to one day weigh 140.

Last edited by Mariamartha; 02-26-2014 at 05:51 AM..
Old 02-26-2014, 07:50 AM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I saw 209 and 210's routinely on this WOE but I have to admit for me it was super hard to get in enough that early. Some days I ate at 5am and not again the rest of the day. For me that wasn't sustainable. I was eating tons though... LOL

Yes, I too would get tired after eating, which I don't notice as much if I eat later, even like 10 or 11am. You really have to eat enough protein WITH the carbs. For me I don't notice it from protein/fat but from carbs. Almost a year ago I tried this with Oriana and went crazy. Like totally crazy that day and it scared me because I hadn't felt tired or cravings for months and the one day I switched to early morning carbs it made me nuts. But I know I didn't eat enough protein either.

I am still following along but I seem to do ok eating my large meal 10-1pm somewhere in that range. I still stick to the 1 hour rule. Also about half the week I do eat another meal. But I have been having decaf iced Americanos with cream daily, sometimes with eggs and bacon. I am going to have to rethink that...

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #760
Junior LCF Member

The steak sounds really good! I might try having that for breakfast one of these days. I bet it would help me get more protein in.
I'm really glad for this forum. I think I might irritate my friends and family for talking so much about the BBD.lol
Old 02-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Hi guys I've been speed reading, just lurking here, and have to ask.
Does this woe eating have different names. It sounds like my woe with fast 5. Eating only in a certain amount of time.
BB picks am eating mainly?
My window of time I chose is evening.
Sorry to pry, just curious.
Thank you
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Maria, how did you do yesterday. When you have free day what did you have? I have one every 7th day as I am on maintenance and that is what the book says you can do. How did you find the BBD? I wish that Laurie and Scott Neader would post more on this board. She did once and has lost and been on maintenance with this diet for a couple years now. It looks like you should be eating at least 7 oz. of protein and you are only eating 5. I'll bet you wouldn't have any cravings if you ate more protein for breakfast. After my steak breakfast I was full all day and didn't eat all day. I just had 1 1/2 grapefruits and 2 slices of cheese with coffee and cream at 6 a.m. I will have my cheese burger and 8 oz. of Reesees and a soda around 8 a.m. What did you have and what did you have on your cheat days? We should post our menus. AND our weights. I was 109 again this morning.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:05 AM   #763
Junior LCF Member

Hello Oriana,

I did good. I didn't get hungry for lunch or dinner but I still ate a little. I actually lost 8 oz. It makes me happy because before this diet, I just kept gaining no matter how much I dieted and exercised. I do a little bit of exercise. I did 60 kettle bell swings with a 5lb kettle bell yesterday. Today I will get on my stationary bike for 30 minutes.
On my cheat day that was last Saturday I ate a burger, fries and cheesecake at red robin for an early dinner. On Sunday I ate only protein for breakfast but we went to a b-day party and I had a slice of pizza and some cake. After I cheat I go back to eating veggies if I happen to get hungry. I'm now 165.8, maybe I shouldn't count the ounces. Today so far I had 2 eggs and 2 slices of cheese. I'm not sure what I'm having next for protein. I'm out of my protein powder.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:49 AM   #764
Junior LCF Member

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Hi guys I've been speed reading, just lurking here, and have to ask.
Does this woe eating have different names. It sounds like my woe with fast 5. Eating only in a certain amount of time.
BB picks am eating mainly?
My window of time I chose is evening.
Sorry to pry, just curious.
Thank you
Sorry, I'm new here and I don't know what "woe" stands for. Wish I could help you.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariamartha View Post
Sorry, I'm new here and I don't know what "woe" stands for. Wish I could help you.
WOE way of eating
WOL way of life
BBD Big Breakfast Diet
SEC The Stress Eating Cure
CAD/CALP Carbohydrate Addict's Diet Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program
CM Complimentary Meal or Craving reducing Meal
RM Reward Meal

The CM/RM is from the diet CAD and has to do with eating carbs only during the RM for one hour a day. Any other meal is a CM which is only protein/fat and low carb veggies. The Heller's wrote the SEC, CAD, and CALP and approved a lot of the BBD book. Some of us here do a combo and make up our own WOE with the principles of each diet!

I try to eat my large carb meal as early in the day as possible but for me it is usually 10 am to noon and not done by 9am simply because it is too difficult for me time-wise. I usually eat only one meal a day and I also do high calorie for my weight loss and not calorie deficit. It is super slow but I have been losing (current week not included! LOL)

Hope this helps!

MIW
Old 02-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Today's RM 9:45-10:45am-

8 oz meatloaf made with ground beef, cheese, eggs (no carbs)
30 oz smoothie with full fat yogurt, strawberries, red and green grapes, orange
2 slices homemade bread with butter and cheese
3 big cloves of garlic (keep back!)

Yesterday's Lunchtime RM-

Large salad (6 cups mixed greens) with blue cheese
10 oz ribeye steak
2 slices homemade bread with butter and cheese
3 cloves garlic
2 cups Safeway brand ice cream
6 girlscout sugar cookies (not sure of the name but plain kind)

I went from 215 to 214.4 on yesterday's meal! I've been drinking lots of water and chamomile and peppermint tea (unsweetened) because I've been sick with bronchitis. I think it is being sick, coming off TOM (time of month), and had an extra carb meal on Monday that has my weight up this week. Hopefully next week I will be back to my 212 average!

MIW
Old 02-28-2014, 04:35 AM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Stickin to this. I love the BBD. I was not hungry until 8 p.m last night. I really sleep much better too. I wonder why. Right now I am starting with an orange. It's 5:30 a.m. and then I'll have my steak and salad with a Mt. Dew. Before 9 a.m. I will have my carton of Butter Pecan Haagen Dazs ice cream. I'll be set for the day then. How about the rest of you. What was your whole day's menu? Please post amounts too.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #768
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday's menu
6am 1 egg 1 cheese
8am 1 egg 1 cheese and buckwheat pancakes with almond butter, coffee
9:30 3 shortbread cookies, coffee with creamer
2:30 lunch 1 bean taco
7:00 dinner 3 bites of chicken breast and veggie mix
weight 165.8
I'm going to boil some beans so I have more protein in the morning. I didn't loose any weight this morning. I'm going to try eating my carbs all within an hour. I count the pancakes as one protein because I use eggs, milk and yogurt to make them.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:35 AM   #769
Major LCF Poster!

212.8 lbs today! I'll take it

MIW
Old 03-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #770
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday's menu
6 am 2 slices of cheese
8 am 1 egg, 1 cheese, 2 buckwheat pancakes with almond butter
coffee with 3 short bread cookies

12:30 Chicken with 1 TBSP mayo, one apple

5 pm half a bagel pizza. I was making one for my son and I thought I will just have half.

7:00 2 oz of steak and veggie mix. I was making the steak for my hubby.

I gained, ugh. Now 166.2. Today was suppose to be my cheat day not yesterday. I need to control myself better when I'm cooking for others in my family. lol I'm going to cut back on the cookies for breakfast to see if it helps me have more self control.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Today I was 212.2 lbs.

RM 9:55am to 10:30am-

3 fried eggs
8 oz of meatloaf
3 garlic cloves (still keep away everyone! LOL)
2 waffles with butter only
12 oz fruit smoothie with strawberries, green and red grapes, orange, full fat yogurt
1 large caramel Cadbury bar

Yesterday we ate out. Lunch time:

1 cup rice
1 pork chop
1 egg roll
1 spring roll
few sips of lemonade
waffle cone with butter pecan ice cream
5 pc of chocolate
5 pc of peppermint melt

MIW
Old 03-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! I lost a pound on my orange, steak, salad with ranch and pint of butter pecan ice cream plus a can of Mt. Dew. Today's BB was first at 5 a.m.1/2 pineapple, 1 apple. Then at 7:30 a.m. a raisin bagel with cream cheese, 4 pc. bacon, 2 eggs, tea with 1/2 cup milk, 3 Baby Ruth candybars. It is now 7:30 p.m. and I am not hungry. I just had a lg. diet mt. dew and that will be fine until tomorrow. It is my son's birthday tomorrow and it is my free day as well so I will be eating all day! I was 108 today.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:55 AM   #773
Junior LCF Member

You ladies are doing great.

6 am 1 egg 1 slices of cheese
8 am 2 slices of cheese
9:30 whole grain peanut butter sandwich with grape jelly
2 pm 1/2 pepperoni cheese pizza
6 pm red robin tavern burger, coke, and fries

Weight this am: 166.2
I didn't loose or gain. Today I'm going to buy whey protein and beans. I noticed that if I don't eat any fat or carbs after breakfast, that's when I loose.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't weigh in today because I had to get up super early for work and it is like 4 hours earlier than my usual weigh-in time which I have found can sometimes make up to a 2 lb difference.

I was able to leave work early this am and we went out to eat. Yesterday was one meal only day and I got a bit hungry around 6-8pm but just drank some hot unsweetened herbal tea and was fine. I really did like laying flat on the floor doing my evening stretch and relaxation routine and feeling so empty and flat in my stomach!

Today was from 9:20-10:20am
Chicken fried steak
2 fried eggs
3 pc bacon
hash browns
1 pc whole wheat toast with butter
1/2 Belgian waffle with butter and syrup
large decaf iced mocha with whole milk
1/2 small orange

MIW
Old 03-03-2014, 04:11 AM   #775
Junior LCF Member

Hello, I'm thinking of adding one carb to lunch and dinner all the time because I've been getting headaches in the morning. Maybe I need a little more carbs. Do any of you get headaches when low carbing?
Old 03-03-2014, 04:43 AM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals, I had my free day and a good one at that. I am up to 111 but it will come down after being back on my BB for 6 more days. Yesterday I had 10 baby madarines/2 Baby Ruth Bars/ 2 plates of Chinese food and a Mt. Dew/lg. slab of DQ ice cream cake with whipped cream added. Today for my BB I am not hungry but will eat before 9 a.m. I am having an apple, lg. turkey sandwich, 1/2 cup roasted almonds, 4 cookies, lg. coffee with HWC and splenda, can of Mt. Dew.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

Today I had a BB for RM and did get hungry later and had a CM for dinner.

I had 8:50-9:50am:

McDonald's
2 bacon, egg, cheese McGriddles (one with only 1 of the "buns")
1 hash brown
1 sausage breakfast burrito
1 1/2 large iced mochas with whole milk

Then a small Jamba Juice smoothie with fruit and kale and a double shot of wheat grass and bit of orange

For CM around 4:30pm:
4 oz baked rabbit
2 oz cheese
large mixed green salad with Ranch dsg

MIW
Old 03-04-2014, 05:54 AM   #778
Junior LCF Member

Hello, Yesterday I tried adding 2 carbs for lunch and I got hungry around 7 pm.

I'm going to try again to do the protein in the morning and no carbs for later on. I don't know if I gained weight because when I woke it was 4:30 am and I was hungry. My husband said he was hungry too so I had make him his eggs so he can go to work and then make mine. He usually doesn't want breakfast but today he did. I'll let you all know how it went. I think if I get up that early, I can easily eat the 7 oz. of protein before 10 am. I'm going to start doing the reward meal later in the day on the weekends, since I have a hard time doing low carb when we eat out. I wonder which Heller's book is better. It's almost time for my next breakfast.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariamartha View Post
Hello, Yesterday I tried adding 2 carbs for lunch and I got hungry around 7 pm.

I'm going to try again to do the protein in the morning and no carbs for later on. I don't know if I gained weight because when I woke it was 4:30 am and I was hungry. My husband said he was hungry too so I had make him his eggs so he can go to work and then make mine. He usually doesn't want breakfast but today he did. I'll let you all know how it went. I think if I get up that early, I can easily eat the 7 oz. of protein before 10 am. I'm going to start doing the reward meal later in the day on the weekends, since I have a hard time doing low carb when we eat out. I wonder which Heller's book is better. It's almost time for my next breakfast.
I've read all the Heller's: The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, the CALP book, and The SEC book. I still follow the "rules" from CAD and some of the recommendations from CALP (like no SF/AS or MSG outside of RM time), as well as "trying" to get a balance of the protein and carbs.

The thing I try to follow from the SEC book is to just eat my carb earlier in the day. I can't say which book is "best" but I like to basically take the highlights from each WOE and come up with my own personal plan.

MIW
Old 03-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

So today I was up to 213.4 lbs, likely from eating the CM dinner yesterday. Today I was really hungry by 10am but had to wait as we were in a meeting about our taxes. Ate my Large Lunch from 12:30-1:30 and it was awesome!

Large ribeye steak
Large mixed green salad with blue cheese dsg
1 1/2 cup full fat yogurt
3/4 cup mixed nuts: almonds, cashews, walnuts
Caramel apple dipped in mini choc chips, coconut shavings, walnuts (got if from Safeway and I am going back for more of those! LOL)

MIW