Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I was down 3 pounds from 109.5 to 106.5 today. Just had a BB and am experimenting with having fruit for dinner. I had 3 slices of cheese, lg. coffee with cream, lg. cookie, maple bar donut after my morning run.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

Well I decided against having fruit with a dinner tonight like it says in the BB diet. I know that it will trigger things. I am hungry as I didn't have a lot for BB so I am having a steak and salad for a late cm this after noon for lunch. I will probably just have a big lunch rm tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #723
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I would love to try this but I'm not sure how it would work. I have to be at work 7am. Do you all work in the am
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

I had my BB yesterday and didn't eat enough. I had to have a cm and blew that because I was so hungry. I had a ribeye at least 10 oz. and a salad with ranch. That was fine until I had to have my mug of ice cream. BUT even after my BB of 1 long john, a cookie, 4 slices of cheese and a lg. coffee with cream....I was only up .5 from 106.5 to 107. Today I was a good girl and had one meal of a BK double whopper with cheese, sm. fries and 2 king size snicker, mug of tea with cream. That is all I had all day and don't want more.

Last week when I was eating my rm at dinner and had that exact same steak rm I gained 1.5 and was restless all night, couldn't sleep, and woke up still burping my dinner. Late rm dinners don't settle well with me anymore after having my BB's. It is nice though to still have that as an option.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
I had roast beef, salad, strawberries with full fat (14gm) yogurt, ice mocha, choc chip cookies and pecan caramel clusters for 2 days in a row and it was great and no hunger the first day and yesterday only right at bedtimes so was tolerable.

Today's wt 212.6 lbs.

Today's RM:

large ribeye steak
mixed green salad with diced cooled baked potato (for some resistant starch) and blue cheese dsg
iced mocha with whole milk
2 choc chip cookies
3 pecan clusters
maybe some strawberries and banans with full fat yogurt.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #726
Major LCF Poster!

Today's BB/rm was at around 11:00-12:00. I had 3 oranges, 1 apple, footlong Subway club with potatoe chips in it, can of Pepsi, mug of ice cream. I won't eat again until tomorrow after school at around 5 p.m. So as you can see I am mostly CAD/one meal but love eating early. I did feel good though yesterday with my late Burger King lunch from 3-4. I was 106.5.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Today's BB/rm was at around 11:00-12:00. I had 3 oranges, 1 apple, footlong Subway club with potatoe chips in it, can of Pepsi, mug of ice cream. I won't eat again until tomorrow after school at around 5 p.m. So as you can see I am mostly CAD/one meal but love eating early. I did feel good though yesterday with my late Burger King lunch from 3-4. I was 106.5.
Ha ha, I was thinking about Subway after seeing the ads during the Seahawks game for $5 subs all month!

MIW
Old 01-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #728
Major LCF Poster!

Funny that my weight shot up after having a late rm dinner last night instead of my early brunch. I was 109 today after steak, salad with ranch, ice cream and pepsi after eating around 6 p.m. There is something to eating in the morning. Even when I messed up and had a BB but a steak, salad and ice cream meal around 3ish the other day I only gained 1/2 pound. This time I gained 2.5 and that was after a 30 hour fast!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #729
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning

Still enjoying this plan along with counting calories.
Today's menu:
2 eggs
1 sl bacon
turkey burger
veggies
oospie bun
oospie cinnamon roll
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #730
Major LCF Poster!

Well today I was 212.2 lbs and that was after my 3 day work week, having decaf iced americanos with cream earlier in the day, and getting a massage yesterday which you would think would cause water retention. And I should be starting TOM any day now.

MIW
Old 01-23-2014, 04:42 AM   #731
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 152.8/148.8/130
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: April 2009(Low Carb)-CAD Sep 16 2014
Hi Ladies! Well, obviously I've been off plan for a while. I don't know why I seem to think everything must come quickly. I fell off the wagon in December and managed to quickly pack on about 13 lbs!! Seriously.. Well, since Jan 9th Ive been on strict low carb. Ive lost about 4lbs,slowly, but boy has it been a struggle in the cravings dept. I've been reading through my past posts seeing what was working best for me. I think I was doing best when there was a balance of meat, veg and carb. When I started going carb heavy (like 4 desserts during BB), I seem to have more problems through the day. I also think adding a little walking helped. It seemed I lost consistently when I walked 45 min-1hr per day. OK, so I've re-evaluated and I'm going to give this a try again. MIW and Oriana, glad to see you are still hanging with it. Wish I had and I would probably be at goal by now.
I will post my BB later.
Have a good one!
-TJ
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #732
Senior LCF Member

Good morning.

Down 2# this morning.
Today's menu:
2 oopsie rolls
2.5 oz turkey burger
veggies
oopsie cinnamon roll
2 oz cream cheese
Atkins shake
Total calories - 1000

Have a great day.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #733
Senior LCF Member

Good Job Hopetolose!

So, my BB for today:
coffee with cream (4Tbsp)
graham cracker with peanut butter, 2 hamburger patties with cheese
celery (2 withpeanut butter and 1 with biscoff)
1/2 cup turnip greens, 1 c. milk, 1 peanut butter little debbie cake and 1/2c ice cream.

OK that was a pretty crazy looking menu, but I've been having terrible cravings on low carb. Its nice that once you get the restriction cravings out of the way at the start of this WOE, you don't think about it 24/7.

Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Jonescarb. You have done really well. Your menu looks yummy.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:43 AM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

Jones do you still get up at 3 a.m.? and do you stay full til the evening?
Old 01-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #736
Senior LCF Member

Oriana, I seem to be sleeping in until about 4-4:30 these days.
I've been trying this go around to eat a little later. Maybe around 7 to see if I can make it through the whole day without a cm. Yesterday I did make it all day. Honestly, I was hungry by about 7, but i just drank some water and I was fine. So, not ravenous.

Today, I did not eat until 8:30 and it was bordering on being too late. I first thought I was going to end up in a binge since I was so hungry and unloading groceries at the same time as trying to pull my BB together. But, once I got a little food in me, I calmed down and got control of myself. Waiting to late is not good for me.

Today my BB was:
coffee and cream (4 Tbsp)
a few bites of ice cream and a mini pack of cadbury eggs (can you believe they've already got Easter candy out!!)
1 hamburger patty with ketchup, salad with about 4-5 Tbsp dressing (full fat), 1/2 c greek yogurt with 2 tbsp fruit jelly and handful of granola
1 slice marscapone torte

Ive been tired the last few days. Not sure if its reintroducing carbs or what. Seems like I remember this happening the first few days when I first started before. Maybe my body confused about the carbs after being off them a while

What's everyone else having for BB today?
Old 01-24-2014, 06:58 PM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

I am just curious, Jones, when you gained your 13 pounds were you eating a big breakfast then or just everything? I am finding when I fast all day and eat a rm for dinner I am unsatisfied and feel gross the next morning. I think the morning meal helps with weigh loss. I wonder what would happen if I ate a BB and a dinner? When I did free days I hardly gained. When I just eat rm dinners I gain.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 AM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Oriana, I was just eating all day long. Not necessarily fast food 24/7, but regular meals plus junk food-spaced through the day. I was really shocked at how quickly I put that weight on. I was 138 mid December according to my weight log and by Jan9th I was 152. If I had stayed on BB I think I would have been at 130 by now, which is my goal. I have found that If I eat only my BB I lose really well. If I add a cm I don't lose as well, but still maybe a few ounces. If I add 2 cm, I maintain.

Oriana, are you trying to maintain or are you still trying to lose? As small as you are, I would think it would be very difficult for you to see a big loss. I assume as a runner, you're pretty muscular.
One thing I hear a lot, (that I wish I had heard when I was previously at maintenance) is that you will always bounce up and down slightly. Your weight just won't ever stay 100% the same every day. It may sound silly, but when I was at my goal weight it drove me nuts that I couldn't keep it totally stable. I was told that maintenance is staying in a 3lb weight range. But, I guess that's why they say its a lifelong journey. I'm thinking when I get to maintenance, if the weight pops up a few days, I'll just do one big BB and then try a BB and CM in between the fluctuations. Just a thought
Old 01-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #739
Senior LCF Member

Yea! Down 1.2lbs today.
yesterday was only BB (no cm)

Todays BB was
coffee and cream, mini bag of Cadbury eggs, 5 pigs in a blanket, salad, greek yogurt with granola, and cheesecake

Trying for a bb only day again..
Old 01-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

How do you make your pigs in a blanket? Are they regular sized hotdogs?
Old 01-26-2014, 06:15 AM   #741
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
How do you make your pigs in a blanket? Are they regular sized hotdogs?
No, I use the little tiny sausages. Wrap them in the refrigerated crescent rolls. Yum
Old 01-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

HI all!!! I am back from a smallish vacation and road trip to visit a friend in Canada. I am still eating my carbs and large meal early (usually any time from 9am to 12) some days a later CM if needed (low carb veggies and meat). I am still in my 212-213 lb range and on TOM. I plan to do daily wts again and weekly avg on Monday.

MIW
Old 02-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #743
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ningurl
Hi everyone. I'm new here and discovered this way of eating thanks to Dr.Oz (although he didn't call it TBBD). Pardon me if this has been brought up, but can you have protein powder in your smoothie to help bulk up your protein serving at breakfast? I ordered the book, but its a long weekend here in Canada, so Im not expecting it for another week. I've tried my own version of the diet and was surprised to have lost 2 lbs the first day, and 1 the next! (Not overweight by anymeans, I'm just ALWAYS HUNGRY(!) and looking for a way to finally feel content!).

Thanks
ningurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

The diet does include protein powder in some of the smoothies. Do you mind telling us how your version of the BBD works. How much do you have to lose? What and how many calories do you eat at BB. Is that the only meal of the day for you?
Old 02-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #745
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ningurl
no clue

Hey there. Thanks for getting back to me so fast.
I don't really have a clue what I'm doing (as I wait for my book in the mail). I don't have any weight that I need to lose tbh. I'm 5'6 and 137 lbs, size 6. I'm more or less just HUNGRY ALL THE TIME. I follow a paleo diet for the most part and I mentioned on a paleo board that breakfast makes me so hungry, and then they recommened some doctors website about eating 30 minutes upon rising, 80 grams of protein at breakfast to reset cortisol or leptin or something. I dunno.
And then that SAME day, I saw Dr. Oz talk about the same thing (and I will add, that I RARELY watch his show because its the same bloody subject over and over), but for shift workers to eat this way to avoid weight gain. All he said was approx. 700 cals at breakfast with at least 30 grams of protein, then lunch 500 cals and dinner 200 (which I think is the same as the book, give or take, isn't it?) So, this way of eating came up twice in one day, I took it as a sign!
So, to make a long story short, I just hate feeling hungry, even though I eat around 2000 cals a day, approx. 120 grams of protein a day, and almost 50% fat intake (I admit, my carbs are around 120 grams a day, but all from produce and dairy, no grains).
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
ningurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #746
Major LCF Poster!

I don't have weight to lose either. I just have a huge hunger issue and appetite.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

i am still here too everyone! Just been busy. Last couple of weeks I have been including more breakfast low carb and around lunch time is my bigger carb meal. Just works better for me schedule-wise but I tell you one day we went out for Valentines and I was done eating by 5 pm and it bothered me all night! I hate eating a big meal later and love love love eating earlier in the day. Yesterday I actually woke up super hungry (4am!!!) but had to wait until around 8:30am while at work. I just take it day by day and don't follow the BBD per the book but the "concept" of having my carbs earlier in the day and I just do them once a day only. IF, and I mean if I need to eat again that day I do- it is just low carb only like salad and meat. So far working good for me.

My wt this last week or 2 bouncing from 211's-213's. I was NOT good about daily wts since I was working last 3 days and get up 4 hours earlier than my non-work weigh in days so I skipped because it always has me up a pound or two weighing in that much earlier.

Today 213.4 lbs but I am fine with that. Had that HUGE Valetine's Day dinner, lots of stress from work, different sleep schedules but I have been eating on plan and a fabulous plan at that! Hope all is well.

MIW
Old 02-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #748
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Love reading everyone's progress! I wish I could get my stuff together to lose these last stinking 25#. I've been on CAD, but very little loss. Trying it now within an eating window to see what happens. I guess my version is BDD (Big dinner diet) lol. I know morning is ideal, but I just dont have time to get all that cooked and cleaned up before work. Plus, I love, love, love having dinner with the family. Hoping I can lose this way. I do try to eat my food within an hour or so. We shall see....
Old 02-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

MIW I am back to early BB only days. I was thinking about ya and was wondering if you went back to more one BB only and early days if it would jump start things. That Scott Neader and his wife who are on this diet and she posted one time are still maintaining. They said on Amazon comments to me that they eat out once or twice a week and go off the diet but go back to their BB the rest of the week. They don't skip meals though like we do.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #750
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone............well I did my stint on the CAD with 2 cms and later rm dinner and didn't feel well. I feel much better on a big breakfast only diet. I am sticking to my BB only and free days on Saturdays. I'll bet ya I lose this week. I was at a high for me at 109. I got to 105.5 on BB eating the same as I do now on CAD only gaining.

Last edited by oriana; 02-22-2014 at 08:13 PM..