Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 152.8/148.8/130
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: April 2009(Low Carb)-CAD Sep 16 2014
Well, yep, it was TOM for sure. Showed early this month. Totally surprised because the cravings have been absolutely controllable. It's nice when that happens. Last month it was not that nice
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

My BB today was:

Coffee with cream, pizza, salad, greek yogurt with honey and granola, ice cream and a cookie.

I read an interesting article the other day that stated that antihistamines in products for seasonal allergies, such as zyrtec, Claritin, Allegra, etc cause weight gain.
Antihistamines and weight gain

I absolutely had no idea. I have year round allergies and have been taking these products for about a year on a daily basis. Thinking back, that's about how long I have really been struggling to get my weight back down to 130. I'm going to stop taking the antihistamine and see if it helps. Not sure that this affects any of you ladies, but I thought I would pass that info along.
MIW, have you ever heard of this being in the medical profession??
Old 12-17-2013, 05:12 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Jones, are you still having a cm later in the day?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning everyone.

today's menu:
homemade hawaiian sloppy jo w/lt bun
cherry salad
berry pie
Greek yogurt

Going to a dinner party this evening - think they are serving prime rib and probably baked potato, salad so will see what that does to me.

Have a great day
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
My BB today was:

Coffee with cream, pizza, salad, greek yogurt with honey and granola, ice cream and a cookie.

I read an interesting article the other day that stated that antihistamines in products for seasonal allergies, such as zyrtec, Claritin, Allegra, etc cause weight gain.
Antihistamines and weight gain

I absolutely had no idea. I have year round allergies and have been taking these products for about a year on a daily basis. Thinking back, that's about how long I have really been struggling to get my weight back down to 130. I'm going to stop taking the antihistamine and see if it helps. Not sure that this affects any of you ladies, but I thought I would pass that info along.
MIW, have you ever heard of this being in the medical profession??

I know steroids for sure can cause weight gain, and actually in the CALP book by the Heller's there is a long list of meds that they recommend for RM only due to the insulin release they felt the meds can causes. I remember ibuprofen and acetominophen (both about the ONLY meds I will take and even that is rare).

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 12-17-2013 at 09:16 AM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Jones, are you still having a cm later in the day?
Hi, yes, I am still having atleast 1 cm. Its usually steak or chicken.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Got a little off track yesterday. The hormones and the Christmas goodies got the best of me. Today is a new day

My BB for today was:
coffee with cream, hambuger with cheese and ketchup, 4 Christmas cookies, 2 pieces of chocolate, greek yogurt with honey and granola.

Not planning to do it right now, but just wondering if anyone has tried alternating days of low carb with days of BB??Seems like it would spur your system like carb cycling?
Old 12-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

I think just having a day with cms and a rm would spur things up. I do that sometimes and then always go back to my one meal a day as early as possible. How are everyone's eating menus going? Today I have a parent bringing me a lunch from Paradise Bakery. It is the club sandwich on a croissant and two big cookies. I'll soda and coffee with cream too for sure!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Wt today 212.8 lbs. Today's BB 8am-9am:

Big bowl of sauteed cabbage with bacon end cuts
1 1/2 large pineapple pork sausage links
24 ounce fruit smootie with banana, apple. oranges, red grapes and 14gm fat per serving yogurt
ice cream coffee milkshake with 3 cups ice cream, 1 cup half & half, 1 Starbuck's Via
1/2 large Cadbury Fruits and Nuts chocolate bar

MIW
Old 12-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Today's rm is 5 oranges and 2 king size snickers. Yeah I know it isn't balanced but what I want!!! Tomorrow is a later brunch of 10 steak, 2 salads and who knows what for dessert. It was a preordered brunch with my teacher coworkers. How about everyone else. I am back to one meal a day........the earlier the better.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #671
Senior LCF Member

Still doing one meal and loving it.

Today's menu:
Sloppy jo with lt bun
1 C cabbage
2 eggs w 1 sausage link
Green Yogurt
homemade berry pie
cherry salad
Total calories - 940
Old 12-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

I am doing some CM's depending on the day. Probably won't today since I am eating late 10am-11am.

More cabbage and bacone
Pizza (homemade)
24 ounce fruit smoothie with yogurt
various: oreos, reese's PB cups, bowl of ice cream

MIW
Old 12-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Well, everybody, since I switched up and started having my rm only at dinner, I have gained from 106 to 110. Do you think it is because I am weighing 12 hours later versus 24 hours later and that is the only reason BB is "working" or do you think it is a true and dependable plan that really works when eating early in the morning? What are your thoughts? I am having a brunch today with the teachers. Then back to BB next week as I am off work. If it works I am sticking to BB even if I have to eat in front of the class!!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:41 AM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, everybody, since I switched up and started having my rm only at dinner, I have gained from 106 to 110. Do you think it is because I am weighing 12 hours later versus 24 hours later and that is the only reason BB is "working" or do you think it is a true and dependable plan that really works when eating early in the morning? What are your thoughts? I am having a brunch today with the teachers. Then back to BB next week as I am off work. If it works I am sticking to BB even if I have to eat in front of the class!!!!
Yes, I think it might have something to do with the timing of the scale- but not matter what it is best to find something consistent and trend from there. I am going to take the next few days off from the scale. I have to work and get up super early and that always sees a jump on the scale, plus I eat earlier which means some days I eat a CM later. I don't reallly care what plan I follow as long as it is one that I can do lifelong and treats the hyperinsulinemia!!

MIW
Old 12-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
dr. heller recommends SEC to curb the carb monster. did she ever say anywhere that one would lose better eating their meal for breakfast?

once i hit my goal, i'd like to switch to having my rm at dinner as i would prefer to eat my meal in the evening, other than indigestion.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #676
Senior LCF Member

MIW, you're the greatest record keeper! what trend have you seen since switching to BBD, versus dinner RM? initially you lose some because of the earlier meal, but overall, have you been losing at the same speed, eating the same number of calories?
Old 12-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
MIW, you're the greatest record keeper! what trend have you seen since switching to BBD, versus dinner RM? initially you lose some because of the earlier meal, but overall, have you been losing at the same speed, eating the same number of calories?
In the SEC cure book they quoted heavily from the BB diet book and did say that there should be no plateaus and faster weight loss due to buring off the calories consumed by eating them earlier in the day and utlizing them vs. eating big meal later and then going to sleep.

Yes, when I first switched I lost weight a bit faster, scroll back and you should see some of my posts and you can see I am dropping a pound a week. I stated actually UPING my calories since going to early eating and still was losing but have finally slowed down and am in a plateau. I am not giving up however and just keeping on keeping on!

MIW
Old 12-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

I am determined to stick to one meal a day......no matter what hour of the day, even though early makes for better energy and digestion and yes, weight loss. If I get a hankering to go on any other diets I will just remember the hunger that goes with it. So, that means no more fruit diets or food combining. If I want fruit I will have it till I am stuffed to the gils but only in that hour. I have tried this time and time again and now there is no turning back. No more food outside my hour, not even cms. I love the fasting and the energy I get after a fast. I can run for an hour on an empty stomach and it is even recommended that you don't run with a stomach full. So tomorrow I will get up, go for a jog and then eat my rm with family for Christmas whenever that will be. Merry Christmas and happy eating!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

That is good Oriana! I have learned myself not to deviate from the one hour rule, CM's are ok but I do stall with them. I just follow the rules and at least I am not gaining!

MIW
Old 12-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas everyone! I am feeling great!

MIW
Old 12-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

What did you have for rm Christmas!?
Old 12-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

I have to say it is a toss up for me. I am either going to just have one rm a day anytime of the day or go back to my Big Breakfast Diet and stick to eating my BB before 10 a.m. and every 7th day have a free day. I really did love that and loved getting up to eat a big breakfast. I just didn't like the fact that I had to squeeze my BB in before work at 6:30. So for now I am just eating one meal a day as early as possible but have had some late ones. How's everyone?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Good morning.
Getting back to my one meal in the morning plan today. Didn't weigh because didn't want to let the scale discourage me. Most of the leftovers went home with guests, so am ready to roll again on plan. Not really hungry this morning, but going to eat so I can get back on my plan.
today's menu:
2 eggs
Homemade noodle bake
Greek yogurt
blueberries
Atkins bar
Old 12-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #684
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to everyone.
Finally weighed today and after getting rid of some of the Christmas bloat, have gained 2#, so I am happy and ready to get the ball rolling again.
Today's menu:
Salad with homemade dressing
1 piece leftover chicken
1 egg
6 oz sweet potatoes
Greek yogurt
Blueberries
2 homemade blueberry tarts
Atkins bar
Have a great day.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all I am still here too and doing RM for breakfast. I worked on Friday and was able to come home early. It was funny because I had my breakfast super early since it was a work day. All was well until I was on my way home and I got SOOOOO hungry. I was wondering about "why?" was I all of a sudden like crazy-hungry and craving carbs big time. Visions of chocolate, cookies, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc were running through my head.

It hit me- it was totally stress induced. Just like in the Stress Eating Cure how Rachael Heller talked about how a guy made a comment about her weight and that she hadn't gained it back, "yet..." and how she walked across the street to a coffee shop and wanted to go crazy on some food.

I had got into an altercation of sorts with a co-worker and I bet anything it was the adrenaline rush frorm that incidence that caused the rebound affect a few hours later to be totally wanting carby comfort foods. Just thought I'd share because I am starting to see if I can put certain things together better now about eating now that I will have a more watchful eye for it!

MIW
Old 12-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

I am doing breakfast RM's and still most days back to just RM only. I have been lucky to be able to sleep in an extra hour or even two since my son is on school break. I notice I can much more easily go all day with no other meal needed if I eat from 9am-10am or 10am-11am. If I eat earlier than that, I do have to watch out for evening hunger...

Been eating lots of Christmas turkey leftovers, and bacon for protein last few days.

Also the usual fruit and yogurt smoothie, ice cream milkshakes with coffee.

Today however I skipped the smoothie and has some home-juiced from fresh juiced oranges, then made a blend of carrots, celery, cabbage, and threw in a lemon. The carrots make it sweet enougggh and it was drinkable.

For veggies lots of sauteed cabbage or faux-tatoes made with cauliflower.

I make the cabbage and bacon togethe and strain most of the grease but it is definitely HIGH FAT! LOL

Extra junk carbs have been cookies, and today I am having kit kat and rolos and some 24 grain whole wheat toast with homemade apple butter.

Not sure on weight as I am taking and "extended" break from daily wts. Had done it for 13 months straight of daily wts. I did weight 2 days in a row this week and was 212.6 lbs so I still am maintaining and in a plateau.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 12-28-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Old 12-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

MIW Really even if you never lost any weight, don't you think you would still stick to one meal a day? I do. I've tried everything. Today I had one meal and am finding that too early is trouble. So what if I eat at 2 p.m. S....... eats every day at that time and sometimes later. She lost 100 pounds doing this. I won't ever get my Taco Bell or Burger King if I always eat BB. I ran this morning and then ate at noon. I had 3 oz. cheese, raisin bagel with cream cheese, 2 eggs, 3 bacon, tea with HWC and I got these huge 8 oz. Reesees so I had that and a reg. Baby Ruth bar. So I had about 1300 calories of just chocolate!!!! Yesterday was ribeye, salad and ice cream.

MIW I think you would do well on fatty ribeye, salad with ranch and ice cream. It is very satisfying and one of the only meals I don't crave for hours after even into the next day.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIW Really even if you never lost any weight, don't you think you would still stick to one meal a day? I do. I've tried everything. Today I had one meal and am finding that too early is trouble. So what if I eat at 2 p.m. S....... eats every day at that time and sometimes later. She lost 100 pounds doing this. I won't ever get my Taco Bell or Burger King if I always eat BB. I ran this morning and then ate at noon. I had 3 oz. cheese, raisin bagel with cream cheese, 2 eggs, 3 bacon, tea with HWC and I got these huge 8 oz. Reesees so I had that and a reg. Baby Ruth bar. So I had about 1300 calories of just chocolate!!!! Yesterday was ribeye, salad and ice cream.

MIW I think you would do well on fatty ribeye, salad with ranch and ice cream. It is very satisfying and one of the only meals I don't crave for hours after even into the next day.
I did really like the lunch time one. That is why I called it the "Large Lunch Diet!" LOL

It was eaiser to do at work too even though I had to scarf my days calories down in about 20 minutes which sucks and also looks weird to my co-workers who I dine with, LOL.

I do need to go back to the steak, salad, and ice cream and cookies or latte and cookies. Remember how I was doing that one a lot too and was losing? I do think it was the right balance of protein, fat, veggies, and carbs- plus you are right as I was never hungry doing that one.

MIW
Old 12-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #689
Senior LCF Member

i've been fiddling with moving my meal around, usually before noon. i have found that i am only content in the evening if i have 15 protein servings at breakfast, which ends up being around 100 grams. what is wrong with me?! i'm wondering how in the world anyone can be content with just 7 protein servings. i'm okay on just 7-10 servings, but by 5:00, when my family's eating, i go mad, wanting to eat! no, i don't give in, but i sure am having to control my crabbiness, which is awfully draining!

i am trying to find the time that will make me happiest. instead of working from the earliest, i started having my RM at noon, and am working backward. yesterday i ate by 10:30, and i was plenty happy even at 10 pm last night.

today, since our church services were canceled because of the weather, i was able to have my meal by 9:30. i'm hoping to find the right spot, now that i know how much protein i actually must have.

so far, i haven't lost any weight (9 lbs til my next goal), but believe you me, i'm having a wonderful time being able to maintain at the same time eating like a queen. love this woe.

meanwhile, i so much appreciate all of your input! i enjoy reading how everyone's doing, even though i rarely post. you're all so encouraging. thank you.

i'd much prefer the "large lunch" diet, but want to get to my goal first. i never seem to lose weight without sacrificing somewhere along the line. which is a bummer. lol

Last edited by jenericstewart; 12-29-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Old 12-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

I think I am going to start eating my rm for dinner. I too didn't seem satisfied from 7 oz. of protein early on in the morning. I like being able to go out to eat if the occasion occurs. So I am going to be having my rms from 7-8 p.m. Daily on the IF thread does this only her hours are 7-10 p.m. The Warrior Diet suggests fasting all day and eating before you go to bed a big meal. We'll see. All I know is that I am missing out on nice lunches and dinners when I eat BB. It was fun while it lasted. Today I ate from 9-10 a.m. and feeling sad that I can't eat with my family tonight. Kind of depresses me so I am starting late rms tomorrow. I'll get through today as I had 2 apples, 2 eggs, 2 bacon, bagel with butter, 2 oz. cheese, tea with HWC, 3 Baby Ruth Candy Bars.