Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I copied this from Peter Attia's Eating Academy thread:

ok I took a plunge lol .. Right into the plan that did help me last year, being female figure I wouldn’t benefit as well as if a guy, but honestly if it worked last year then why not now.. So I started upping my calories with alot of fat(unlimited) yesterday I made the goal of 80% fat for the day finally lol never knew how hard when trying to work with bit of leaner turkey meat lol.. next time will try to use beef lol … so I’ve added heavy cream, 12+ tblspoons butter, Avocado, and been normally eating eggs cheese and ground turkey not the leanest type and turkey bacon cause crisps better.. but might give pork regular type for more fat a try.. and use the oil to soak into the food lol as well… so every meal i’ve eating has at least 3tblspoons butter and avacado and any other fat lol I feel lol

the results== after not losing I’m finally thinner like last year when i did unlimited fats and mini snacking of protein .. I just am super happy my clothes are feeling looser, and my face so much thinner.. I thought it be impossible to have done since I am very thin already so to be able to not gain and to drop weight on a leaner person then obese with unlimited calories 2500+ .. IS JUST TERRIFIC.

after this change my stress level went down, worries are gone.. Just smile every day and feel great to see my self in the mirror.. Like now I know my body is happy, its getting enough food and isn’t fearing of never having enough so it can let loose of the fat stored..

sorry for going on, I just wanted to share that you’re right
eating calories super high isn’t the cause of weight gain cause its the opposite for me.. I eat under 2000 and gain ..go figure lol

(reply)
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Sigh of relief... LOL 211.2 lbs today. I should have known and been used to the ups/downs but I tell you seeing 213-214 on the scale this TOM was shocking.

Yesterday I had my usual BB except no fruit smoothie. Was steak, big bowl of steamed kale, ice cream coffee milkshake, and 4 pecan caramel clusters.

Today:
2 fried eggs
5 large peices of very fat thick cut bacon
1/2 grilled cheese sand
Large fruit smoothie that will be spread over 2 days. 24 ounces each serving.Made with 2 oranges, 2 bananas, 2 apples, 1/2 small head of cabbage, 1 cup yogurt, 1 cup ice
Ice cream coffee milkshake made with 3 cups regular ice cream, 1 cup regular half and half, 1 starbucks via
1 full Cadburry fruits and nuts chocolate bar

MIW
Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myhnabird
Stats: 232.2/209.8/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-start - July 17, 2014
Can I claim to be doing BB if I'm only eating once a day and it's not first thing in the morning? I really like the guys on this board but will wander off with my tail between my legs if I don't belong here.

I'm crazy-jealous of all the lovely carbs you guys are eating with your BB's but I don't trust my carb addiction to not send me straight down that slippery slope and into a huge vat of M&M's, never to be seen again. Maybe one day...
Mary
Old 12-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 152.8/148.8/130
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: April 2009(Low Carb)-CAD Sep 16 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Jones how much ice cream and meat. Give us some amounts to follow. I too have 4 T. of cream in my coffee. I also use sweeteners and drink diet drinks. It's my OJ!!!
I would say my steak was at least 8 ounces. I had 3 big scoops of ice cream. I'm not sure how much, but I ate enough that I didn't really want any more looking forward to some more in the morning!
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhnabird View Post
Can I claim to be doing BB if I'm only eating once a day and it's not first thing in the morning? I really like the guys on this board but will wander off with my tail between my legs if I don't belong here.

I'm crazy-jealous of all the lovely carbs you guys are eating with your BB's but I don't trust my carb addiction to not send me straight down that slippery slope and into a huge vat of M&M's, never to be seen again. Maybe one day...
Mary
Absolutely! Everyone is welcome here! I was on strict low carb for 2 years before moving to BB. I thought I would binge too. Something did seem to happen once I allowed myself all the things I really wanted...it was like I just didn't want them as much. I still want dessert, but I don't feel the need to binge. It's hard to describe.

Anyways, feel free to hang out with us BB girls
Old 12-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Sigh of relief... LOL 211.2 lbs today. I should have known and been used to the ups/downs but I tell you seeing 213-214 on the scale this TOM was shocking.

Yesterday I had my usual BB except no fruit smoothie. Was steak, big bowl of steamed kale, ice cream coffee milkshake, and 4 pecan caramel clusters.

Today:
2 fried eggs
5 large peices of very fat thick cut bacon
1/2 grilled cheese sand
Large fruit smoothie that will be spread over 2 days. 24 ounces each serving.Made with 2 oranges, 2 bananas, 2 apples, 1/2 small head of cabbage, 1 cup yogurt, 1 cup ice
Ice cream coffee milkshake made with 3 cups regular ice cream, 1 cup regular half and half, 1 starbucks via
1 full Cadburry fruits and nuts chocolate bar

MIW
Glad you are seeing the TOM numbers come down. TOM is what derailed me last month. We just gotta keep on going despite the hormones. You are doing great!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myhnabird
Stats: 232.2/209.8/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-start - July 17, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
Absolutely! Everyone is welcome here! I was on strict low carb for 2 years before moving to BB. I thought I would binge too. Something did seem to happen once I allowed myself all the things I really wanted...it was like I just didn't want them as much. I still want dessert, but I don't feel the need to binge. It's hard to describe.
I want this freedom!!! My addiction to sugar (and resultant binge eating) has controlled me since I was 14 years old (that's 37 years, in case anyone's curious). I'd really like to be free of this scourge for the time I have left.

Thanks, Jones...
myhnabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #638
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning to all. Have been on vacation and pretty much held my own as far as weight. Took advantage of the hotel gym and ate well, too.

Today's menu:
Sloppy jo w/light bun
Homemade dressing casserole
Salad with homemade dressing
smoothie - yogurt &
banana
homemade SF blueberry pie
Total calories - 860

Hope all have a wonderful day.
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #639
Senior LCF Member

Today my BB was:
7oz steak, 2 cups salad with full fat dressing (4 tbsp), 1.5 c ice cream, 1/2 c Greek yogurt with a few Tbsp granola and a few tablespoons of honey, coffee and cream

It's midday and I'm still pretty satisfied. I will probably eat a small amount of protein to carry me until my BB tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

Today's early wt : (work day) 211.6 lbs so basically maintained from yesterday.

Not sure on calorie count but here was my meals:

Super early BB from 4:30am-5:30am
large fruit smoothie with orange, banana, apple, cabbage (yes cabbage!), full fat yogurt

enough large bacon end cuts to fill at least 1 Cup measuring cup

2 fried eggs

1/2 grilled cheese sandwich made with 24 whole grain wheat bread

ice cream coffee milkshake made with 3 cups ice cream, half & Half, and a SB via

2 regular sized brownies

Then for luch at work a large salad with blue cheese dsg and drizzled with olive oil (not sure amts but a lot of each) shredded cheese, mushrooms, cucumbers

1 salmon pattie with a slice of cheese, a few pickles, slice of tomatoe, few strings of red onion.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Just dropping in to say hi. I love hearing the high fat talk. I feel best and lose best on fat, too.

My current WOE is low-carb, Fast 5, my eating window is 1-6 pm, and I eat two meals (1 hour or less) during that window. I thought I'd starve not eating until the afternoon, and I worried I'd have no energy to work or workout, but so far that hasn't happened.

You all are very inspiring!
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member

My weight has been the same the last 2 mornings. 138.8 No complaints here. As long as it continues in the downward trend.

Today my BB was:
3:15am-coffee and cream
4:00am-(BB)-6oz steak, 2 c salad with full fat dressing, 1/2 c greek yogurt with granola and honey, coffee with cream, m&m candy bar, 1.5 c ice cream

Have a great day!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

Well.............after my run yesterday I really felt like some OJ and had 2 cups. I then got distracted and couldn't eat so later I had 2 oranges and then later 2 apples. Last night I wanted chocolate and had 2 king size snickers. This morning I was two pounds less. I dropped from 108.5 to 106.5. Go figure! This is the lifestyle I used to follow on my old fruit based diet. I would eat desserts and lose then too.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Back on track today. I am having cheese and coffee with HWC. Much more satisfying. How is everyone else doing. I have still been having my cm/rm for this week and next. Too many family engagements and fun times that I want to be a part of. I still love early rms but for now I am having my rm for dinner or lunch.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

209.6 pounds today. Happy to see that wt again

MIW
Old 12-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Hello to all. Hope everyone is doing well. I am still doing the one meal big breakfast counting calories WOE.

Congrats, MIW! and Oriana!

Oriana, I wish I could eat like you do and still lose weight. I think since I am old , it just doesn't work for me.

Today's menu was a little short because I had an appointment and had to leave. Definately going to eat more tomorrow.

Pork with 3 scrambled eggs
banana
yogurt
sf blueberry pie
Old 12-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

I don't think this weight thing has much to do with age. I wasn't able to eat as much as I do before the BB or CAD. I don't think I could make it though eating as little as some do. I would pass out! LOL!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

MIW did you lose after eating a BB and a cm yesterday? Looks like your body was holding onto weight and water the last week.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:35 AM   #649
Senior LCF Member

My BB today was:
3:30am-coffee and cream
5am-1c chicken casserole, 1c green beans, 4 cookies, greek yogurt with honey and granola,coffee and cream and 1/2 pint ice cream.

I'm still doing the BB and 1 cm daily. I agree with Oriana, there are just too many get togethers and fun things this time of year. But, this WOE is still completely doable during the holidays. Just have to stay focused and keep the carbs to 1 meal.

Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 12-14-2013, 04:15 AM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

Going for an early morning run and will have to have energy so I am having an early cm of 2 oz. cheese and a lg. coffee with HWC and splenda. I may have another cm and then a rm for dinner. We'll see. This Friday is our teacher Christmas luncheon. They are having steak and salad so that will be a cm and I'll have a rm of some sort in the evening. Things a bit shifted this week. It will be see how I run on the cheese and coffee this morning. Most athletes carb up.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:16 AM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

What is your cm Jonescarb? Is it small?
Old 12-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #652
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone.

Was down to 138.4 this morning. Haven't seen this low since last year at this time when I was at 132.
Just love this WOE.

Today's menu:
Sloppy Jo with lt bun
Salad
Yogurt
Banana
Glucerna Bar
2 eggs
dressing
Total calories - 930

Have a great day.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/176/168; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD / >100 g protein
Start Date: 6/7/12
even in my teens and into my 20's, i couldn't lose weight easily at all. i'm 52, and i think my ability to lose weight hasn't changed all that dramatically. it was always awful. lol but i'm definitely able to eat a higher calorie amount if i keep to the perimeters of BBD/SEC.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Yes it probably was water weight but was just sooooo different from the last TOM where I gained only 0.12 pounds that week then lost a pound the next! LOL I wish that would happen every month.

Today BB

2 pc 24 grain bread with butter
1 cup baked shredded rabbit meat (very dense, lean, full of protein more than just about any meat!)
1 1/2 cups mashed cauliflower that is made with butter and sour cream
16 ounce fruit smoothie made with orange, apple, banana, and full fat yogurt that I found that is 14 gms of fat per serving!
ice cream coffee milkshake with 3 cups chocolate jave ice cream, 1 cup regular half & half
1 full large cadbury fruits and nut dairy milk chocolate bar

MIW
Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #655
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
What is your cm Jonescarb? Is it small?
Usually I have about 4-6 ounces of meat. Sometimes it's chicken, sometimes it's steak. Depends what I have on hand that day sometimes I add something like cream cheese or some kind of marinara sauce.

Today I did not eat my yogurt or salad at breakfast and it's just after 1 and I'm already starving. Usually I can make it far longer. So I'm having a plate of chicken with marinara sauce. Hope this tides me over!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:36 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

I did finally make it through the day yesterday, but I made sure to eat more at my BB this morning. I struggled a bit more than normal yesterday due to not eating my normal salad and greek yogurt with my breakfast. It also did not help that I was doing some Christmas baking yesterday. But, I survived without a single taste. This morning I had a little sample of everything I made yesterday plus my BB It seems like whatever carb loaded item it is I'm wanting, its always more enjoyable if I hold out and wait to have it at my BB. Plus no guilt

Today my BB was:
1.5c Chicken casserole, 2c salad, 1/2 greek yogurt with honey and 2 Tbsp granola, coffee with cream, a sampling of 5 different Christmas treats and 1.5 c. ice cream (2 kinds-coconut and cookie dough

I'm going to have to come up with something for my BB tomorrow since I finally ate all my chicken casserole Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:49 AM   #657
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to all.

Congrats to you, Jones, for not getting into the goodies. I had to cook for a dinner party last evening and just ate my BB yesterday morning and had salad with my guests. They all know that I have to watch what I eat for health reasons, so it was okay.

Today's menu:
Chinese chicken with just a little sauce
salad
homemade pineapple custard pie
yogurt
blueberries
Glucerna bar

Hope all have a great day.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

hopetolose: that is awesome about your understanding guests. I honestly don't know why people have to be so critical of whatt other people eat! I just tell people I am pre-diabetic (which hyperinsulinemia is btw) and that I have to eat my carbs once a day only. So far I get a little weird looks but that is about it. Most people just don't know about hyperinsulinemia or insulin resistance and I even found out a doctor at work-didn't either!!!

MIW
Old 12-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #659
Senior LCF Member

Not sure what it was that I ate over the last few days, but I'm definitely retaining water from something. Up 3 lbs today! Not really all that concerned since I know I've been staying on program. The chicken casserole and cheese I've been eating were both pretty high in sodium. Also could be TOM?? Who knows.
Gonna drink lots of water and try to flush the water out.

Todays BB was:
coffee and cream, 1 slice pizza, 4 meatballs with marinara, 1.5 c ice cream, greek yogurt with honey and granola and salad.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
Not sure what it was that I ate over the last few days, but I'm definitely retaining water from something. Up 3 lbs today! Not really all that concerned since I know I've been staying on program. The chicken casserole and cheese I've been eating were both pretty high in sodium. Also could be TOM?? Who knows.
Gonna drink lots of water and try to flush the water out.

Todays BB was:
coffee and cream, 1 slice pizza, 4 meatballs with marinara, 1.5 c ice cream, greek yogurt with honey and granola and salad.
It could be TOM. Do you do daily wts? I have been doing them long enough that I can see the monthly trends. I "usually" start retaining water the week before and most way through TOM, then last two days of cycle and the following week is where I dry out... LOL

MIW