Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myhnabird
Stats: 232.2/200.0/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-start - July 17, 2014
Yeah, still LC. I'm too scared to add carbs back in and risk a blow out binge. We may have to talk about you bringing some SF coffee syrups with you when you visit next month as I'm on my last SF bottle...

And my wretched scale is all over the place. Do you think it might have something to do with using it to weigh the goats last month?

Mary
myhnabird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Ha ha who knows?? My scale is mad at me due to TOM. I've been eating some second meals with protein/cheese and they have been salty to boot so I was up to 213.6 yesterday. Today 212.8... seems to be an up/down thing going on again but we'll see where it leads as I haven't changed how I am eating so I know I saw 209-210's...

We've got to get you off the sugar free stuff!!!!!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 12-05-2013 at 03:33 PM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhnabird View Post
:
And my wretched scale is all over the place. Do you think it might have something to do with using it to weigh the goats last month?

Mary
Too funny, Mary! FWIW, I'm doing this low-carb, high fat. On carbs, I couldn't go a few hours without eating. I'll try again at some point, but for now I'm very happy this way.

For two days, I've eaten extra meals, though I kept them small. But today I'm bound and determined not to eat until breakfast! I'm not working out today to make it easier, though I may walk the dog. (She really hopes I will!)

Yvonne
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #604
Major LCF Poster!

Ok dealing with some major cravings today. Kind of weird but I have to remember that usually every other TOM gets to me and this must be this cycle...

almost had myself talked into a big bowl of ice cream with a peanut butter cookie as big as my head and an entire Cadburry caramel bar. I am not even that hungry and just the thought of those things is spinning in my head.

Instead I keep telling myself I have hyperinsulinemia and I am eating this woe to treat the disorder and I WILL NOT have another meal today with carbs in it. I just have to wait until tomorrow morning which I know I can. I am having some chamomile and peppermint tea instead... LOL basically water! Hahaha

I did have some smoked cheese and elk pepperoni along with a hunk of pork steak earlier for a second protein meal after my huge carby breakfast but it didn't seem to beat this thing down...

MIW
Old 12-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
We've got to get you off the sugar free stuff!!!!!

MIW
Yeah, I know (grumble, grumble). But what else am I supposed to put in my coffee? Stevia has a really weird aftertaste. At least I'm not using aspartame anymore...
Old 12-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

almost had myself talked into a big bowl of ice cream with a peanut butter cookie as big as my head and an entire Cadburry caramel bar. I am not even that hungry and just the thought of those things is spinning in my head.

I won't even tell you what that huge jug of caramel syrup I bought down south is saying to me. As you can probably imagine, it also involves ice cream...
Old 12-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Ya my period is really tempting me this cycle let me tell you! Hormones can make a person crazy...

MIW
Old 12-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW why dont you switch for awhile to a rm later lunch around 1 or 2 p.m. to get through this and see if that helps cut out some meals and hunger later on.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW why dont you switch for awhile to a rm later lunch around 1 or 2 p.m. to get through this and see if that helps cut out some meals and hunger later on.
Today I am actually trying the BB diet of several small meals. I had one at 4a-5a since I worked today and then had some bacon, eggs, and an iced mocha later around 9am. We'll see what the scale shows tomorrow. so far no cravings or hunger....

MIW
Old 12-07-2013, 05:29 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Today I am actually trying the BB diet of several small meals. I had one at 4a-5a since I worked today and then had some bacon, eggs, and an iced mocha later around 9am. We'll see what the scale shows tomorrow. so far no cravings or hunger....

MIW
Ok maybe not... brought me up to 213.6 and that was with eating super early and going strong all day....

MIW
Old 12-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 152.8/148.8/130
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: April 2009(Low Carb)-CAD Sep 16 2014
Hi! I fell off the wagon before Thanksgiving. Tried low carb a few days and yet again have decided this is a better way of life. I seem to struggle with wanting to eat again in the day. I want to just have a BB and nothing else, but my mind wants to eat again. I may have to settle for a slower loss and a cm later in the day. I gained about 4 lbs. on my time away from BB. I was at 143.4. I'm lucky that was all I gained!

Today my BB was
4:30- am coffee with cream
6:30 -Coffee with cream
8 hot wings, salad with high fat dressing, 1 slice cheese pizza, 5 small cookies, 2 small chocolates, 1 cupcake.
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
I seem to struggle with wanting to eat again in the day. I want to just have a BB and nothing else, but my mind wants to eat again.
Exactly!!! i've decided that rather than expect myself to be better than perfect, i'm allowing myself to eat something later in the day. i was not super-duper hungry, but i was having problems sleeping on an empty stomach. i know it doesn't help that i often go to sleep thinking/planning what i'm going to eat the next day.

so, i have been eating 2 oz. of protein at around 6pm. this has helped me tremendously. i can live with that. but both big breakfast diets don't require that you only eat one meal. why torture yourself!? if you can do it, great. if not, don't be so hard on yourself. imho

it's been almost two weeks since i started this diet (again). i have not lost weight yet. But i'm feeling emotionally free. my weight's not fluctuating anymore, really, much at all. i'm maintaining my weight loss, without panicking or feeling deprived. this is a dream come true for me.

still, my plan's to do some JUDDD down days in 2014, to get more weight off. meanwhile, i'm enjoying freedom that the BBD/SEC has brought me.

(my calories are 1600-1800 daily. eating this amount spread throughout the day would result in weight gain. i'm thrilled i can eat this much and maintain. the days i've eaten more than 2200 i've gained weight. i may experiment down the road, to see how much i can eat, but for now i'm content.)

Last edited by jenericstewart; 12-07-2013 at 01:33 PM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
I can't do just one meal a day. I tried so hard but by 5 pm I was tired, couldn't focus, couldn't get anything done. I felt like the only way I could keep fasting was to go to bed, and I didn't want to do that. I'm back to two meals a day. I want to try "Fast 5" and keep the meals within the window.

I'm debating about moving my eating window later. My kids are coming home from college and it might be nice to have family dinners for a few weeks. I'm afraid I won't have energy in the morning to work and workout, but maybe I should just try it. More of a "maintain through the holidays" approach than a weight-loss approach.
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:24 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

I think it is always good to switch it up. I know on these days that I have to get up super early for work eating is a challenge because I am just not hungry and have to make myself eat. There is no way I could get to have a "good" meal if I waited to later in the morning at work... so I just suffer through and make the best of it.It sucks working 12 hour shifts plus 45 min commute each way takes up a lot of the day. I find when I eat in the morning I am just not hungry all dang day then bam! late at night I get really hungry- especially TOM... Today I am going to get some McDonalds for a treat on the way into work and even if not hungry eat a big salad and some chicken for lunch at work so I don't eat so late when I get home. Hoping that will show a bit better on the scale instead of caving and eating some meat and cheese right before bed.

MIW
Old 12-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #615
Senior LCF Member

You ladies are right. I think that whole mentality that I could only eat 1 meal (my BB) was the reason I abandoned this WOE for a bit. There is no reason I only have to eat one meal. In fact, looking back over my daily meals, I still lost eating a BB and a cm. So, I'm just gonna do the best I can.

Yesterday I had my BB and a cm of 2 turkey sausages and celery with cream cheese.

Today my BB was,
4 am coffee with cream
5 am-BB- coffee with cream, turkey sausage and ground turkey with marinara sauce, large salad, 1/2 c greek yogurt with honey and granola, 5 small cookies, 2 banana nut muffins, few bites of ice cream.

Does any one remember if we have to allot a certain amount of time between the 15 minute coffee and a meal. Seems like there should be a rule about that, but I can't seem to remember.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Khaleesy
Stats: 125/107/105 (5'1")
WOE: BBD/IF maintenance
Start Date: 10/18/13
I too have started eating 2 meals. At 7am, it's BB with the protein and the starchy carbs (rice)and a cookie or two. BB comprises of about 2/3 of my daily calories, so like 1200-1500 calories. Then another 500-800 cals at noonish (sometimes just LC, sometimes with fruit, but I try to keep lunch light on the junk carbs), whether I'm hungry or not. I started having a much harder time eating 2000 cals at BB when I restricted gluten/wheat and dairy. It turns out the wheat/gluten made me break out a lot, and I'm likely lactose-intolerant

It's good that we're flexible with any WOE. It helps us to stick with it. Frankly, I think everyone is different and we need to tweak things a bit to fit us individually. I still believe the science behind BB, which is why I'm still sticking with it.

Last edited by Khaleesy; 12-08-2013 at 07:14 AM..
Khaleesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You ladies are right. I think that whole mentality that I could only eat 1 meal (my BB) was the reason I abandoned this WOE for a bit. There is no reason I only have to eat one meal.
in the BBD, she doesn't give the option, even, of skipping lunch. skipping supper's fine, but not lunch. i haven't done it that way yet. tomorrow i will try and see if i sleep better. she also states that the emptier your stomach when you sleep, the better efficient your body will be at burning fat, rather than the food.

Quote:

Does any one remember if we have to allot a certain amount of time between the 15 minute coffee and a meal. Seems like there should be a rule about that, but I can't seem to remember.
i believe dr. heller stated that if you have coffee outside of the RM, don't dawdle over it, swig it down. This is a struggle for me, cause i often get up at 5:30 and really want my coffee. but if i ate that early, i'm afraid i'll be hungrier later. so i try to have my meal by 9 or 10. inbetween times, i'm pining for some food. unlike others, i can always eat that early.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 12-08-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Old 12-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like we are all having a bit of a trial and error time. I too am mixing up things a bit. I have gone to having a cm early in the morning of 3 oz. cheese and a lg. cup of coffee with HWC and splenda and sf hazelnut syrup. The sweeteners don't affect me. Then I am having a rm dinner every night. I know I know! But I have had a lot of get togethers, parites, family dinners and didn't want to just sit there. So I'll let you know how it goes. I have to have a diet that allows me to live and this is what I am doing. I was 109 this a.m.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
But I have had a lot of get togethers, parites, family dinners and didn't want to just sit there.
this is my problem. starting this thursday through sunday, i have my daughter's wedding, a game night, a birthday party-potluck, a Christmas party.

i'm going to do BBD on days that are normal. the other days, i'm going to CAD. i love having the option of following a variable plan, versus going off altogether.

think of it this way... if you were on WW or atkins, you would NOT have the liberty to change things up. life goes on, life is too short for deprivation (imho), and as long as it doesn't derail you altogether, go for it.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:43 AM   #620
Senior LCF Member

Starting to see a downward trend now. I was at 140.2 this morning at 3am. I was at 143.4 on Saturday morning. Its always nice to see that initial drop, but I know it will probably be slow and steady from here on out. And that is just fine. Especially since I had 2 cm and a BB yesterday!

My menu so far today looks like this:
3:30-coffee and heavy cream
4:00 BB-coffee and cream, steak, salad, broccoli salad, greek yogurt with honey and granola, ice cream and a cookie.

I will probably have atleast 1 if not 2 CM later in the day.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Jones how much heavy cream do you use in in your coffee or do you even measure? I use sweeteners, sugar free. Glad to see you are back on plan. I am eating cheese and coffee with cream for a cm and then my rm later this week.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

SO my plan for this week is high fat with a cm and a rm dinner. Sort of doing the high fat low carb thing but not really. I am having cheese and coffee with cream for breaky and dinner a fatty ribeye, salad with a lot of ranch, mug of ice cream and a diet soda. I want to curb this hunger and craving thing I've had and fat does the trick. Remember when I was eating loads of ice cream and losing? The trick is to eat more fat than protein. Read the boards.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Remember when I was eating loads of ice cream and losing? The trick is to eat more fat than protein. Read the boards.
I'm pretty sure you're right, Oriana. I didn't get around to eating until 5 yesterday (and boy, was I ready for that meal!) and only had coffee w/ HWC and SF syrup (sorry MIW) before that. Dinner was 2 really fatty pork steaks which left me so full that I was still stuffed at bedtime. Anyway, I'm down another lb this morning and considering how slowly I lose, I'm thrilled. I'll keep doing high fat as long as it's working.
Mary
Old 12-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

I am pretty bummed. I asked one of my favorite doctors at work about hyperinsulinemia. She didn't know a thing about it! She was telling me the only time she knows of someone putting out too much insulin is from tumors in the pancreas or liver and that putting out too much insulin isn't a precursor to diabetes! WRong wrong wrong. I wasn't going to argue and I even looked up what my info was again later because she had me doubting. Turns out I was exactly right and just backs up what I always thought that the vast majority of doctor just do not understand this syndrome and that is probably why we are only gettting fatter and fatter in western cultures and they don't see the correlation of constant eating (especially carbs) and the havoc it wreaks on our particular metabolisms. Be true to yourself and your journey and your knowledge base is all I am going to say...

MIW
Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #625
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jones how much heavy cream do you use in in your coffee or do you even measure? I use sweeteners, sugar free. Glad to see you are back on plan. I am eating cheese and coffee with cream for a cm and then my rm later this week.
I usually use 2-4 tablespoons. I don't use sweeteners anymore in my coffee. But I do still drink diet drinks through the day. They don't seem to cause a problem for me. I did try to eliminate them once for a few months, but I didn't see any difference in my weight or cravings, so I added them back.

I agree that the high fat is the way to go. Something in your brain is triggered when we eat fat. Creates a feeling of satisfaction. I did purely high fat medium protein and very low carb once, which included eating a lot of coconut oil, and lost eating around 3000-3500 calories. I'm gonna try the high fat cms and high fat bb too
Old 12-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #626
Senior LCF Member

I'm almost afraid to post my weight this morning. It seems too good to be true, but I got on the scale 6 times just to make sure. At 3am this morning when I weighed, it was 138.4. That's 5lbs since Saturday. This is the weight I've been stalled at for sometime before this plan. But maybe I'll get to 137 soon enough!

I'm sticking to this plan of meat, veg and high fat dessert plus a high fat protein cm. I wasn't nearly as hungry yesterday doing this high fat plan.

Today my menu looks like this:
3am coffee and cream
4:45 am-BB-coffee and cream, steak, salad, broccoli salad, greek yogurt with honey and granola, ice cream, 3 small cookies and 2 chocolate pieces.

Later today- I will have atleast 1 cm of only meat

How's everyone doing? What did everyone eat yesterday??
Old 12-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Yipee! Jonescarb you are inspiring us! High fat gals!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Jones how much ice cream and meat. Give us some amounts to follow. I too have 4 T. of cream in my coffee. I also use sweeteners and drink diet drinks. It's my OJ!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Read Dr. Peter Attia's Eating Academy. He promotes high fat low protein low carb.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

I had coffee with HWC, cheese. Then for dinner fatty ribeye, salad with ranch, ice cream, diet soda. I also had another reg. soda.