Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Well I wasnt even that hungry today so I was worried I would get hungry later today but nope! I cooked for a party, cake, rice crispy trats, chiv
cken, pizza ice cream eveywhere even my favorite whiskey and pepsi being consumed by guests and V
NO HUNGER. I think it does take time for the body to adjust but once it does watch out!!!!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
DId you have a roast beef dinner for breakfast today? MIW maybe that is why you weren't hungry.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Khaleesy
Stats: 125/107/105 (5'1")
WOE: BBD/IF maintenance
Start Date: 10/18/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Hi! I wonder how would the BB work for me. I struggle with binging. I try to stay LC but after few days I cave on carbs and binge. I am always ready to have brekfast. I always eat high protein breakfast but it does not help my carb binging. I read the book, I guess I should just try it. I do JUDDD, so will probably have to have 1 meal (breakfast on DD), UD should be easy to do.
Hi Marika. I don't know much about JUDDD. Is it a restrictive diet? From my experience, pro-long restriction causes me to binge. My worst binges were from the days when I did Atkins and kept my cals averaging around 1200 cals. I think the BBD doctor mentioned that a big BB with plenty of carbs/protein in the morning help to keep serotonin steady all the long, so this helps to stick to the diet better. It is quite liberating to know I can eat anything I want once a day. I have not had any binges on BB. I know my BBs are large, but I actually at times am forcing myself to get down more food so I can stay full most of the day. There's never a loss of self-control during BB.
Khaleesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Khaleesy
Stats: 125/107/105 (5'1")
WOE: BBD/IF maintenance
Start Date: 10/18/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Well I wasnt even that hungry today so I was worried I would get hungry later today but nope! I cooked for a party, cake, rice crispy trats, chiv
cken, pizza ice cream eveywhere even my favorite whiskey and pepsi being consumed by guests and V
NO HUNGER. I think it does take time for the body to adjust but once it does watch out!!!!
I have had this exact feeling too lately! I'm so comfortable full most of the day there's no desire to eat outside of BB. And when I do get that twinge of hunger, for some weird reason, I have no trouble saying no to food. How great is that?
Khaleesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #575
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CADDAD
Thanks MIW for the advice! I'm 217.2 this morning which tells me its working so I'm psyched! It always works when I stay on it and don't deviate. Got q busy day today and I'm looking forward to my RM later.
CADDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
DId you have a roast beef dinner for breakfast today? MIW maybe that is why you weren't hungry.
Yes and with a can of green beans and smoothie, ice cream milkshake, and cookies. Today I had a smaller (for me) bb rm of 4 chicken legs and 1 thigh, 1 pc cake with 1 1/2 cup ice crm, 24 oz smoothie and a rice crispy treat. Just not as hungry last few days. I think the body must need to cycle up/down on calories and carbs so I will ride the waves as they come and go....

MIW
Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesy View Post
I have had this exact feeling too lately! I'm so comfortable full most of the day there's no desire to eat outside of BB. And when I do get that twinge of hunger, for some weird reason, I have no trouble saying no to food. How great is that?
Yes I am not a binger either but do push it some days just to be sure I get my calories in early. That is how I look at it. Some days I could easily stop at about 1/3 of what I eat portion size but since I have been making sure they are big meals and to get stuffed I rarely get hungry at all, easily go another 23 hours of fasting and am eating more calories than ever and losing better!!!! It really does work at least for me

MIW
Old 11-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADDAD View Post
Thanks MIW for the advice! I'm 217.2 this morning which tells me its working so I'm psyched! It always works when I stay on it and don't deviate. Got q busy day today and I'm looking forward to my RM later.
Hey no problem I find CAD works no matter how I follow it. Slow and steady but the weight does come off and it isnt even like following a diet! If you go back through all the old posts even from the 2012 hangout you will see my raves of how well I eat and feel. I like how well I feel and am losing on BB RM's so will continue for now. I lost evem with 2 cm and a large dinner rm but it took longer that way. Once I started increasing meal size but reducing frequency of eating I got less hungry!

MIW
Old 11-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning to all.

I haven't been here for a while due to computer crashing. Ate a little too much when that was down but am back on track now.

Today's Menu:
chicken leg & thigh - no skin
squash
2 boiled eggs , mayo
blueberries
yogurt/1 /T brewers yeast
atkins bar

Hope everyone has a great day!!
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Today i did a large lunch instead of the bb. Still ate from 10-11am so its not like i waited all day. Was chili dogs!!!

MIW
Old 11-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. Weight down a little this morning.
Today's menu:
chicken leg & thigh - no skin
squash
salad/homemade dressing
2 boiled eggs
homemade pumpkin pie
yogurt
Extend bar
Hope everyone has a great day
Old 11-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to everyone.
Going to eat very low carb today and see what happens and try to shake things up:
homemade turkey sloppy jo - without bun
4 boiled eggs with 2 T mayo
Lots of water

Have a wonderful day.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to everyone. Was down .6 this morning. Blood sugar was really low this morning - didn't eat enough carbs yesterday so am upping them today.

Today's menu:
homemade sloppy jo with light bun
yogurt
blueberries
2 T wheat germ
1 T brewers yeast
Homemade pumpkin pie
Glucerna bar
Have a great day!!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. Was gone for my work stretch. One day i was up to 213.6 from the chili dog and potluck and the other day of mcdonalds for breakfast. I also weigh 3-4 hours earlier on my work days which adds weight and throws the day off. Well my point in bringing this up is to not get discouaged. Today i was 210.2 lbs which in my new low weight!!!!

Still eating a 24 ounce fruit smoothie with full fat yogurt, 7 oz protein, ice crm coffee milkshake, pecan caramel clusters, and sometimes even a couple cookies daily. It does work! Just remember if you switch your diet for a day or two the weight will go up but it is only water so dont fret over it

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 11-25-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Old 11-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Hey people. Can I get a holla?

Today new low of 209.4 lbs

MIW
Old 11-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to all.

Contrats MIW. You are heading for onederland soon.
You are doing awesome!!

Scale was down for me with morning, too. I am basically eating the same thing as yesterday because have leftovers.
Have everyone has a great day.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

I was 106.5 today!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
Hey people. Can I get a holla?

Today new low of 209.4 lbs

MIW
Congratulations, MIW!
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
I was 106.5 today!!!!!!
Thanks everyone!!!

Oriana isnt it amazing how much we can eat and still lose??? I swear even when i do get hungry it is totally managable and i can always adjust my carb meal times if needed and have low carb for breakthrough if i need another meal. I do love the flexibility. Never been able to eat like this for over a year and stick with it and be sooooo satisfied and NOT hungry.

MIW
Old 11-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Today 211.8

RM

7 oz turkey
1/2 cup stuffing with sausage and gravy
1/2 cup mashed potatoes and some sweet potatoes
5 cup salad with ranch
16 oz fruit smoothie with an orange, half an apple, 1 cup purple grapes, 1 lrg banana, 1 cup full fat yogurt. Saving the other 16 oz for tomorrow
3 cups vanilla ice crm, 1 slice pumpkin pie and 1 cup whole milk blended into a milkshake
4 caramel pecan turtles

MIW
Old 12-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
started back on this woe last week. trying to figure out a way to incorporate JUDDD with it, but meanwhile just thrilled to not have to starve just to maintain. eating before 10 a.m., i eat my fill, am content all day, and find i haven't gained in the a.m. so settling, calming, magical almost.

i pulled out my heller's SEC book, too. so much of what she states about emotions/hormones, etc. is reflected in me. i do believe that once i hit maintenance, this will be the only way for me to both maintain and be sane.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 12-01-2013 at 05:09 PM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
started back on this woe last week. trying to figure out a way to incorporate JUDDD with it, but meanwhile just thrilled to not have to starve just to maintain. eating before 10 a.m., i eat my fill, am content all day, and find i haven't gained in the a.m. so settling, calming, magical almost.

i pulled out my heller's SEC book, too. so much of what she states about emotions/hormones, etc. is reflected in me. i do believe that once i hit maintenance, this will be the only way for me to both maintain and be sane.
I' m not going to badmouth JUDDD but honestly I have found I do not have to cut a single calorie or ever be hungry to lose eating ANY of thw ways the Heller' s have published.

MIW
Old 12-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I' m not going to badmouth JUDDD but honestly I have found I do not have to cut a single calorie or ever be hungry to lose eating ANY of thw ways the Heller' s have published.

MIW
you have been blessed! everyone's different. juddd worked for me where CAD did not. if i didn't go hungry, i wouldn't lose weight. that's par for dieting with my body, especially after having lost so much weight already, but then again, all along the way, losing weight has been like pulling teeth. it has never come off easily for me. being obese since a child and with PCOS, my metabolism isn't normal.

but...BUT... the BBD and SEC will be great for maintenance. it cures something in me that juddd could never touch. i'm doing the BBD meanwhile and know i could do this the rest of my life. i have 9 pounds to go, so i'll be dipping into juddd after Christmas to get more weight off. if i lose weight with the BBD i'd be thrilled. but if i just maintain this easily, i will be very happy, too!

Last edited by jenericstewart; 12-02-2013 at 10:04 AM..
Old 12-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

i'm wondering if MIW, oriano, or anyone else has experimented with different forms of protein? in the BBD book it states that you're to have 7 oz. protein, but not all protein foods have the same grams of protein.

i need to have 11 protein servings at my breakfast to be truly content even toward evening. i have been watching protein grams as well. i know there must be more satiety with the proteins with higher grams. i supplement with a protein powder, to get my grams higher, which really does help.

any thoughts?

Last edited by jenericstewart; 12-02-2013 at 12:47 PM..
Old 12-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
i'm wondering if MIW, oriano, or anyone else has experimented with different forms of protein? in the BBD book it states that you're to have 7 oz. protein, but not all protein foods have the same grams of protein.

i need to have 11 protein servings at my breakfast to be truly content even toward evening. i have been watching protein grams as well. i know there must be more satiety with the proteins with higher grams. i supplement with a protein powder, to get my grams higher, which really does help.

any thoughts?
I have found reD meat with some cheese to be the best. Or bacon and eggs with cheese and sour cream. Eggs by themselves or fish for me doesnt seem to hold. Neither does turkey I found this week but fried chicken in large amounts will. I think you just need to experiment and have fun doing it I know I have! My weight loss has been slow but I push the limits and really eat. I know it would come off faster if I cut back but I have been entrigued by the idea of high calorie wt loss and tickled to see for me it is true. I was slowing down result-wise even with extreme calorie deprivation over the years so I am beyond happy to learn my metabolism is actually way better than I had previosly thought.

MIW
Old 12-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
So, I've run into a problem lately. At first, I had my BB and just a small second meal. (Or even reverse with a small B and big lunch.) But now, every time I eat I eat big. My body or mind or something just thinks if I'm eating, don't stop until I'm stuffed. I ran into this with JUDDD after a while, too.

Today I'm going to try just eating one meal and see how it goes. I'm not sure my blood sugar is stable enough for that. If that doesn't work, I'll have to retrain myself to have a small CM, then walk away from the kitchen and stay distracted until I realize I'm actually satisfied.

Anyone else run into this?
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
So, I've run into a problem lately. At first, I had my BB and just a small second meal. (Or even reverse with a small B and big lunch.) But now, every time I eat I eat big. My body or mind or something just thinks if I'm eating, don't stop until I'm stuffed. I ran into this with JUDDD after a while, too.

Today I'm going to try just eating one meal and see how it goes. I'm not sure my blood sugar is stable enough for that. If that doesn't work, I'll have to retrain myself to have a small CM, then walk away from the kitchen and stay distracted until I realize I'm actually satisfied.

Anyone else run into this?
I know I am eating more now than when I started but I viewed it as a conscious decision to see just how far the claims of the Heller's were about controlling insulin release and following the one hour rule to see if the calories really didn't matter. Also I think some of it is breaking away from the classic starvation diet mentality. Be it subconcious or not I think we can plainly see that we can eat more than we ever thought following these rules and continue to lose so it sends the message to the brain to keep on going. I know if I followed JUDDD or even went back to points on WW I'd eventually cave and binge because that is all those diets lead to... I don't care what anyone says- if you do extreme deprevation it is not sustainable and eventually you will give up and have free for alls. I find this current regimen I follow allows me to eat well day in and day out so it is very rare indeed that I need to have a bingefest.

MIW
Old 12-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #599
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myhnabird
Stats: 232.2/200.0/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-start - July 17, 2014
Hi MIW (waves from northern BC)!
I'm on day 10 of LC'ing after several months off plan. Now that my blood sugar is under control, I think I'm going to segue into the BB. Wish me luck!
Mary
myhnabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhnabird View Post
Hi MIW (waves from northern BC)!
I'm on day 10 of LC'ing after several months off plan. Now that my blood sugar is under control, I think I'm going to segue into the BB. Wish me luck!
Mary
Awesome and I wish you luck! So how is it going? Are you still LC only or are you doing carbs daily and handling it ok? Keep it up!

MIW