Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indigodreamz
Thank you MIW. I wasn't aware of that. So in your opinion or from your experience is not being hungry indicative of blood sugar stabilization? This is interesting to me b/c before I started CAD, I was never hungry in the morning. Very rarely and in fact I could go all day without being hungry, but as soon as I put one morsel of food in my mouth, no matter what it was--protein, carb or fat it would start a vicious eating cycle/binge. As long as I didn't eat I was fine. In fact it was easier for me to fast than it was to stick to any dietary plan from a hunger perspective. Low carbing fared me better but even then eventually the cravings returned in full force and I'd end up bingeing. I learned that I cannot do ultra low/no carb. 50g of carbs is the least I could do. I would never lose weight past the initial 2 weeks of water weight then after that nothing. 75/100g of carbs to prevent me from bingeing. I'm assuming b/s stabilization occurs for me at those levels.
Indigodreamz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4Christ View Post
I've been trying to find as much info online as I can (don't do facebook and don't want to order yet another book!). I love a big breakfast, it is when I am the most hungry and I find sometimes that I am eating dinner just because it is time and the family is eating! Are there any snacks involved during the rest of the day or just the small LC lunch and dinner? Also, I love wine in the evening, I suppose that is a no-no (usually is if I want to lose)

Oriana did you lose all your weight doing this or just using it as a maintenance tool? If so, how much and how long did it take?

Thanks ladies, best to you both!!
Check your library.
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
In the book it speaks of eating up to 3000 calories for breakfast but you don't have to......anywhere from 600-3000.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Today I had pizza, 2 lg. carrot cake cupcakes and cheese with coffee and cream. Full all day.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
This is realy interesting. I am realy interested to hear she even uses it for diabetics. Insulin resistance varries durin the day. If you don't have pre-diabetes or diabetes your insulin
resistance is lowest first thing in the morning and by late in the day you become more
insulin resistant. But diabetics are a lot more insulin resistant first thing in the morning
and by dinner time handel carbs better. So like Ravenrose I have my concernes about
using this with diabetes.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
I am sticking to intermittent fasting and CAD doing one CM and an RM daily or only an RM a day if not hungry but I tried for 3 days in a row doing the big breakfast way and I was getting sleepy after eating (something I have not had for over 5 months after eating) and each day I was sooooooo hungry and actually CRAVING food. This is so weird since again, nothing even remotely like this at all for the last 5 months. I am so glad following Big Breakfast type RM works for some since I know it can be a godsend since I have read so many people (Including Rachael Heller) having good results. I am actually shocked that it didn't work for me!!! I will still check in here from time to time because I love to follow Oriana and keep in touch since she and I have been together on CAD for a while now but I really need to stick to what I found was working for me. I still can't believe it. I guess I really am not a morning person after all! LOL

MIW
Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here just caught up in the trauma of the Boston................. Still eating one meal a day!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

MIW how did you get rid of the cravings from eating those BB and starving? DId you have to eat cms and then large rms? How many calories? Funny you didn't gain on it.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW how did you get rid of the cravings from eating those BB and starving? DId you have to eat cms and then large rms? How many calories? Funny you didn't gain on it.
Did you run the marathon?

I honestly thought I could just switch up from doing one RM daily in the evening to doing one RM a day in the morning. I did not go into that thinking I would be eating any CM's and in retrospect probably should have been willing and also ready with lunches. By the time "normal" dinner time came around I was voracious. I waited to see if it would go away and it actually got worse the second day and finally by the third I couldnt' tolerate it and had to eat again. My body was just going nuts. I am sure it is mental too because I couldn't help but think after my BB RM was done that "what am I going to do for the rest of the day?" I like better staving off the carbs all day since I know I will be able to get them if I just wait a bit longer and I do like eating with my family as well.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
got the book in the mail. i've been sort of doing it anyway. kinda a CADish thing, but one thing that i loved about this plan is that you don't have to finish your meal within one hour. i get up at 5:00 am quite often, so what she recommends for me is to have something within 15 min. of rising, and eat more later, finishing up by 9:00. so doable. it was rather depressing eating at 5 with the whole day ahead of me. i've been "trying" to sleep in, but it wasn't working. lol

also, i'm perplexed that people would have issues with this diet causing carb crashes. i find that the 7 servings of protein is so filling that i canNOT eat a huge pile of carbs. and really, this diet is almost identical to CAD with an a.m. RM. i love the heller's books but they're so confusing and poorly laid out, whereas the BBD book is much more easily digested.

i have lost 2 lbs already with this method. i'm sold. no cravings. i'm feeling quite free, but it did take me a good week before i felt the difference. i almost quit, and i'm so glad i gave it more of a chance. i was used to constantly thinking about food. it's really odd to not have that going on and on in my head.

the majority of my weight i lost with JUDDD, but this diet is such a breath of fresh air, something that i do believe i can live with. makes me soooo happy! thank you oriana for starting this post!!!
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #41
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
also, i'm perplexed that people would have issues with this diet causing carb crashes. i find that the 7 servings of protein is so filling that i canNOT eat a huge pile of carbs.
I think a lot depends on the individual. Since protein can generate glucose much like carbs (link below explains it better than I can), I can see where the combo of that much protein + carbs (especially higher glycemic ones) would cause issues.
Gluconeogenesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
On a different thread a number of different folks are mentioning a large breakfast really helping them avoid evening cravings. Not sure this necessarily connects to this discussion, was just remembering that discussion.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

bella, i couldn't find it. could you please provide a link?

they do talk about this in the CAD section, but they don't follow the 7 oz. protein rule. so without that i wouldn't have the same level of satiety as i've found with the BBD.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #44
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Saw Big Breakfast Diet in someone's stats and had to investigate Sounds very similar to one version of IF, where you eat one large meal a day. I love learning about new woes, so I'm going to see if I can get the book from my library

eta: just put a hold on it, can't wait to read it!

Last edited by mom23kids; 04-21-2013 at 05:32 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
bella, i couldn't find it. could you please provide a link?

they do talk about this in the CAD section, but they don't follow the 7 oz. protein rule. so without that i wouldn't have the same level of satiety as i've found with the BBD.
It's in the mainlobby, The Evenings are the Worst thread.
See if this works? There's probably a better way to do a link?????

The evenings are the worse

It's more on the order of big breakfasts, but several people note the difference it makes.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Saw Big Breakfast Diet in someone's stats and had to investigate Sounds very similar to one version of IF, where you eat one large meal a day. I love learning about new woes, so I'm going to see if I can get the book from my library
this method works waaaaay better than any IF timing i've ever tried. i think i've tried them all. seriously, the cravings are gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
It's in the mainlobby, The Evenings are the Worst thread.
See if this works? There's probably a better way to do a link?????

The evenings are the worse
thank you! i'll check it out!

Last edited by jenericstewart; 04-21-2013 at 08:31 PM..
Old 04-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all. Just checking in. How is everyone doing? Great I hope!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Doin well. How about everyone else on BBD?
Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lavender Blend
Stats: 380/343/160
This diet sounds really interesting. I'm thinking about ordering the book.
Lavender Blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lavender Blend
Stats: 380/343/160
How much weight have you all lost on this diet and are you sticking to the 1200 cal version or the 3000 cal version?
Lavender Blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

I've been on this diet for over 3 weeks. i've lost 6 pounds. i've never been on a diet where i have zero cravings. i can't help but sing its praises to all of my friends. this is definitely my sweet spot.

i do count my calories, but only for my record keeping. i eat till i'm full. most of the time i'm under 2000 calories (never over). i'm very rigid about getting in the 7 oz. protein and stopping by 9. i do start my day at 5.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Jen, I too feel that eating breakfast is the fastest weight loss because I have experiemented with eating my rm at night even with it being the only meal of the day. I actually had the same meal for breakfast as I did for a rm one night. The night rm I gained 3 1/2 pounds. I didn't gain any on the BB. I had 1/2 a frozen DiGiornos pizza, salad with ranch, 2 lg. cupcakes from Costco. No gain on the BB. You must eat at least 7 oz. of protein though or you WILL get hungry. I don't eat any other meals other than that. I am on the maintenance plan which I love and I get to have anything I want all day every 7th day so I don't mind. I can have a dinner out on that night if I want. To me it is worth it for the losses I see or at least no gains eating the same thing I used to at night. Also, I can't sleep with all that food in my stomach at night and I wake up burping my dinner. You are allowed to drink diet soda so I sip on that. Also, the Hellers Stress Eating Cure almost looks like a copy of this BB diet. They too say that most women lose if they eat a BB but gain eating the same big dinner. Hope we get more on board. I thing the biggest thing is that people want to eat at night but after you get hooked on this you miss your breakfast. I too get up at 5 a.m. I eat about 2500-3000 calories for breakfast. Also, you don't have to eat it in an hour. If you get up at 5 a.m. have a little cheese or smoothie and then eat your BB at 8 or so. Today I had a cheeseburger with the works, 2 slices of extra cheese, diet soda, cup of ice cream. Tomorrow I am having steak, salad, strawberry cheesecake. Last week I had a big Chipotle steak burrito and cheese cake. I don't gain on this and I still get an all day eat day.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Jen, do you eat lunch and dinner? I don't........not at all hungry. She says to eat lunch but dinner you don't have to. I noticed the Hellers are not mentioning the hour in their new book for the timing of the big breakfast and also the other meals are not just low carb. Hmmmmm. I am totally not hungry before 2 p.m which is the cutoff for lunch so I don't bother and dinner I drink a diet coke and am fine knowing I can get up and start eating!!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Jen, I bet living in Minnesota just makes you ready for a nice warm breakfast in the winters there. I lived there in Marshall for half of my life. I now live in Arizona. What do you have for BB's? Maybe we should start posting our BB's so others will get hooked and I could post my 7th day eat days too so that some will have a maintenance goal to look forward to. I also run and train for marathons but let me tell you it doesn't matter how much exercise I do. I actually gained running and eating a fruit based diet. Can you imagine? I didn't get it. I was so hungry by dinner eating that way. Have you tried other diets too?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I thing the biggest thing is that people want to eat at night but after you get hooked on this you miss your breakfast.
Agreed! i try to explain this to people, but they look at me like i've got three nostrils. they don't believe me when i tell them that i thought exactly the same thing pre-BBD.
Quote:
Jen, do you eat lunch and dinner?
No! even while i putz around the kitchen and then watch my family eat, it doesn't affect me. this is NOT like me! i do allow myself the liberty to eat, if i so choose, but i find that resisting even hunger pangs (if i get them, which is rare) are far easier to resist than when i've had cravings.
Quote:
I noticed the Hellers are not mentioning the hour in their new book for the timing of the big breakfast and also the other meals are not just low carb. Hmmmmm.
i've both the BBD and SEC. while i love the hellers' ideas, i think that the BBD is more easy to comprehend and put into practice.
Quote:
Hope we get more on board. I thing the biggest thing is that people want to eat at night but after you get hooked on this you miss your breakfast.
like i've told my family, it took about a week for this diet to truly sink in. i was about to go back to regular low carbing after 7 days, and my husband encouraged me to give it a little more time. i'm so glad i listened. i think around day 10 i had the "a ha!" moment.
Quote:
Jen, I bet living in Minnesota just makes you ready for a nice warm breakfast in the winters there. I lived there in Marshall for half of my life.
Marshall? interesting... a friend of mine at church is from there. her name's suzanne, mom Eileen. ring a bell? no, cold weather doesn't prompt me to eat breakfast, even with our egg laying chickens. before this, you practically couldn't pay me to eat breakfast. after about a week, my body seemed to settle into it. now, i relish them.
Quote:
What do you have for BB's?
I'm eating anything i want. i no longer even count carbs! i don't usually typically eat "breakfast" food. whatever the family has for supper, i reheat for breakfast. i don't feel deprived at all. it is really strange for me to have gotten to this point, but i LOVE it!!!
Quote:
Have you tried other diets too?
when i was younger, i dieted profusely, including a stint with Optifast which didn't work like i was told it was going to. losing weight was like pulling teeth so i eventually gave up. (i figured that i was destined to be fat.) last june, i stumbled upon low carb dieting (long story), and found that that was what i was missing. but even with that, i was constantly craving and thinking about food. this is the first diet that has made me feel so settled and happy. not content but happy!

Last edited by jenericstewart; 05-03-2013 at 06:46 AM..
Old 05-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

I went to First Baptist Church there. Is that their church too? What are you having for breakfast today? Which of their plans are you going to do when you get to maintenance? Have you read the two? I like the 7 th day eating what I like.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

todays BB: 8 oz. ribyeye, salad with ranch, big piece of strawberry cheesecake.................full all day and no other meals!!!!!!!!!!! Funny when I ate this at night I would be looking for something later some times.

Jen: Have you ever had to have a later brunch because of trips or time constraints. This isn't so strict that if something comes up and you can't eat your BB right away it's okay. You can even have 2-3 breakfasts she says. This is more freeing that CAD to me. No hour restrictions either. Funny that in the new Heller breakfast diet they never mention eating it in an hour anymore. Sort of disappointing plus they mention the author of the BB in their Stress Eating Cure book as well.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Keep posting even if it is just the two of us. I am never changing diets again.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I went to First Baptist Church there. Is that their church too? What are you having for breakfast today? Which of their plans are you going to do when you get to maintenance? Have you read the two? I like the 7 th day eating what I like.
i don't know what church she went to when she was living there. she's a Baptist now though. i don't think her parents are.

i got up after 5 and had my coffee with sugar and full fat! creamer. i'm going to be eating shortly. i think i'm going to have french toast, eggs, green beans, and some almond turtles for dessert.

i really do have a hard time believing i'll ever be in the normal range of weight. i'm just thrilled that i've lost this much weight already. but if i actually get to a point of "getting" to maintenance, the free-for-all 7th day sounds lovely.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Funny when I ate this at night I would be looking for something later some times.
i know! strange how the body works! but you don't really comprehend this until you experience it.

Quote:
Jen: Have you ever had to have a later brunch because of trips or time constraints.
i was with my family this past week and i CADded because i had to. i did NOT lose either! but i do think that CADing does help curtail grazing all day so you will at least, probably, not gain weight, which is great for vacations.

Quote:
Funny that in the new Heller breakfast diet they never mention eating it in an hour anymore. Sort of disappointing plus they mention the author of the BB in their Stress Eating Cure book as well.
really? maybe i'll have to reread their book. i'm so enthused about the BBD that i might not get around to it.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 05-03-2013 at 07:22 AM..