Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 06:19 AM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Khaleesy
Stats: 125/107/105 (5'1")
WOE: BBD/IF maintenance
Start Date: 10/18/13
- coffee and cream
- 7 oz tuna salad
- fruit yogurt smoothie (greek yogurt, banana, grapes, mango, orange)
- 2 slices pizza
- 1 cupcake
- 3 oreo cookies

2,055 cals
92.7 g fat
211.4 g carbs
13.9 g fiber
103.8 g protein

Weight at 107.8. I have faith in BBD though because the science makes sense to me. I should see the water retention gone in about 7 days from today.
Khaleesy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Thank you so much. Little by little I will get there and be in the maintenance range like you gals! I think it will probably take me close to 5 years to lose it all at my current rate of loss but I am ok with that. I need to start exercising more frequently which I know would speed it up but I'd like to get closer to 180 to save my joints if you know what I mean. That is one thing I have always been lucky about is that even at my heavy weight my joints are good but I want to keep it that way!

I know of 2 gals who have lost over 100 lbs on CAD/CALP and it took them 5 years and I can see my 24.6 in 54 weeks is right on target. Also I am eating so high calorie so my results are probably slower than they could be but I am not willing to do 1300-1500 like WW would have me on to lose it so no complaints here! I know I only got fatter and was miserable the previous 9 years so here is to the next 5 years of losing weight and loving every day of eating! LOL

MIW
I agree with you, MIW. I think you're doing great because you're seeing losses and you're HAPPY with your daily food. How awesome is that?!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryN View Post
MIW
I need to tell myself this also. My weight shot up .4 this am. I think I ate too many peanuts for my BB. All the salt maybe. I ate a little more protein than I planned last night was seriously hungry. Probably 4 oz cod and a helping of spaghetti squash which I know is only 54 cals. I also worked out yesterday so maybe the muscles are holding water. We are leaving for a few days so my goal is to weigh the same weight when I weigh in on Monday. I will try to have one cm and one rm a day. Have a good day. I will be cking in on the trip.
Have fun on your trip. Do not sweat it on the day to day fluctuations. You need to do daily wts with weekly averages and go off of week to week. That is the most accurate and telling!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW didn't you used to eat less and calorie restrict on other diets? SO maybe it isn't necessarily that I need to eat less calories. I am sticking to BBD and large amounts. ALso this week I have had to eat later and later as school got in the way. BUT I like having my one meal a day .
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

If you have a Costco near you and you like cheesecake you all have to get the pumpkin cheese cake for your BB. I just had 2 pcs.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

MIW give us something to cheer about!!! What did you have for BB today? Were you still at 210! I was missing my Costco carrot cupcakes until I found the cheesecake and now I am in hog heaven. Have you heard from Sheila? I wonder if she started the BB rm?
Old 11-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW give us something to cheer about!!! What did you have for BB today? Were you still at 210! I was missing my Costco carrot cupcakes until I found the cheesecake and now I am in hog heaven. Have you heard from Sheila? I wonder if she started the BB rm?
I just emailed her and she is doing good. My computer is down so I have to use our tablet which takes longer so I will be more intermittent on posting until I get it fixed. I have been low 211's all week with the one 210.6 so this will be another 1 pound loss week if sat and sun cooperate !

I had spaghetti, eggs, croissants with cream chz and deli meat, cookie, pecan clusters, fruit smoothie, and an ice crm coffee milkshake today!!!! Yikes I am full but makes it super easy to go another 23 hours and I KKOW this is more calories than when I first started and I am losing even faster so I wont be switching woe for a while! Lol

MIW
Old 11-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

I don't want to switch my way of eating. I had a rm dinner tonight which I haven't had for a long time. I didn't have a chance to eat all day and saved my free lunch for dinner. I had chicken broccoli stirfry with noodles, a plate of salad with ranch, 2 pc.s of pumpkin cheesecake, coffee with craem. Tomorrow will be an earlier rm at breakfast but right now I am so full after dinner that I don't know if I will want to eat first thing. I have to admit it was a bit nice to have dinner for a change and no guilt. So if I ever get in a funk and want dinner instead of a BB I'll do it or just have a cm breakfast.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Today was 210.8 lbs so second 210's for the week and the rest 211's. I can hardly believe this it is unreal the amount of calories I eat and the weight still is coming off and this is definately faster rates of loss as well for me!

MIW
Old 11-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Funny that I should gain on a rm dinner that I normally wouldn't have on a BB rm. Oh well. Today was my usual BB but didn't have it until 9 a.m. I had 4 slices of cheese, 2 hunks of summer sausage, 2 1/2 apples, 2 bananas, coffee with HWC and 2 lg. cookies.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

How many calories do you think you ate yesterday MIW?
Old 11-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How many calories do you think you ate yesterday MIW?
I'd have to look it up but I suspect 2000+! It was my usual smoothie, milkshake, cookies, AND pecan clusters, plus eggs, croissants, and spaghetti with lots of meat sauce and cheese and cream cheese and deli turkey meat on the croissants.

MIW
Old 11-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Ok major readjustment of my figures ladies: my last 2 audits of meals have me at 3050 and 3680 for calories and I am losing faster than ever!!!!

I am afraid to even share this info on other boards as there are people doing 1300 net calories (after workouts) or some inthe 1500 daily range. I didnt believe it until I crunched the numbers for myself.

Of course it is the ice cream milkshakes that put it over the top but since I added thse and the fruit smoothies I swear I am losing faster than ever, have NO hunger all day and virtually no desire for other carbs when/if I do get hungry later. Your results may vary as they say but I now believe the 3000 calorie version discussed in the BBD book as being legit!

MIW
Old 11-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #554
Senior LCF Member

MIW, I'm so happy to see you are eating so well and losing! You give me hope that I can keep it at very high cal and not gain. I've been trying to make myself get to 2000 cals every day. I'm hoping to push it up further once I'm more comfortable with this WOE.

Yeah I see plenty of people eating low cal and exercising a lot. It makes me feel almost guilty posting anywhere other than here or my journal.

Anyway, keep us updated with your progress! And I love seeing your menu!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #555
Senior LCF Member

MIW, have you been sticking to just a morning BB, or have you needed a CM later? What time is your usual morning BB?
Old 11-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Last week on friday (not yesterday) I had one protein meal and none this week at all. Even before when I was doing my same version only between 10am to 2pm I still ate another protein meal about twice per week. I follow a gal named Sheila who does one meal only in early afternoon. Her advice is to really eat and get stuffed. Not ill or pain or puking but real full. I do that everyday and now I never feel deprived, never hungry, and I am more confident than ever that I am not losing by starvation and muscle wasting. That is a nice feeling no matter how I look at it

MIW
Old 11-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

MIW did you really used to calorie restrict when you were heavier and on other diets?
Why do you think higher calories is working better on the BBD? I am amazed at how much I can eat too? Do you think it is just because we are weighing 24 hours later rather than 12 after a dinner?
Old 11-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIW did you really used to calorie restrict when you were heavier and on other diets?
Why do you think higher calories is working better on the BBD? I am amazed at how much I can eat too? Do you think it is just because we are weighing 24 hours later rather than 12 after a dinner?
Yes I did SEVERE calorie restriction diets before. WW and JC were only tolerable last time I tried them because I was nursing and execising because that way you also get more calories and food. I also recently did juicing 2 years ago and that is VERY low cal. I do believe it is not the amounts but the FREQUENCY that one eats and also if it has carbs or other insulin triggers. I am a believer for life on that now and will not deviate. Only one meal a day with carbs for me ever and if I need more later that day it will be protein and low carb veggies.

I dont think the morning weight has so much to do other than what they say about having the food you ate more time toburn off and also diurese the fluids out and not have some evening meal sit in the gut and also cause fluid retention. For me I was losing even with late night LARGE RM's of 30 pc of sushi, large Japanese dark beer, a small jack in the box oreo shake, pc of cheese cake, and pc of their chocolate cake. I was doing that meal once a week and still losing, only the BB diet for morning plus the fruit smoothie and ice cream coffee milkshake I am eating more and losing faster!!!!

MIW
Old 11-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

Remember MIW when I was eating the pint of ice cream every day for lunch and losing and couldn't figure out why?
I guess I just wonder why the BBD hasn't been popular like Atkins or some of the other top selling diets? You would think it would be a best seller. Don't ask me how I came across it. I can't even remember. I just know that Sheila has always impressed me with her huge rms for lunch.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Remember MIW when I was eating the pint of ice cream every day for lunch and losing and couldn't figure out why?
I guess I just wonder why the BBD hasn't been popular like Atkins or some of the other top selling diets? You would think it would be a best seller. Don't ask me how I came across it. I can't even remember. I just know that Sheila has always impressed me with her huge rms for lunch.
Yes I do! I figured that was your plan b you were talking about! Lol I am really thinking people have tried these but never stuck it out long enough to see if it worked long term. I really think so many people cave on one "bad day" on the scale and do not tough it out. I could have many opportunities just bagged it all but I trusted and believed the Heller's claims and they are true! Even though the BBD as written with the cabbage soup to sip on all day etc is not for me I knew her other info that the Hellers cited had to be spot on and it was. I knew years ago when Dr. Atkins claimed you could consume more calories than you burn and still lose he was telling the truth, just doing low carb his way isnt for me. I am so glad you and low carb rachel were always so open to experimenting and always talking about finding the plan that works for the individual and not the one size fits all diet approach. If none of us shared our successes and failures we'd all still be trying to starve ourselves thin.

MIW
Old 11-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Well, gals, I am SURE this is my WOE for life as well. Yesterday I decided to have my free day after all even though my weight was up to 110 and I ended up eating a BB and dinner and actually lost weight on my free day. I was 108.5 today. Back to my BB only today until next Sat. free day. I am having a little later BB today around 11 a.m. but Dr. J. says it's okay if you get up late or if you are on vacation or something to have a little later brunch. I am having another ribeye, salad with ranch, big bowl of mint chip and vanilla ice cream. Yesterday I had 4000 calories on my free day and lost! I am a believer!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:50 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, gals, I am SURE this is my WOE for life as well. Yesterday I decided to have my free day after all even though my weight was up to 110 and I ended up eating a BB and dinner and actually lost weight on my free day. I was 108.5 today. Back to my BB only today until next Sat. free day. I am having a little later BB today around 11 a.m. but Dr. J. says it's okay if you get up late or if you are on vacation or something to have a little later brunch. I am having another ribeye, salad with ranch, big bowl of mint chip and vanilla ice cream. Yesterday I had 4000 calories on my free day and lost! I am a believer!
That is incredible! I think eating like this is awesome and now cant imagine ever going back to a classic low cal diet. I have 54 weeks of daily weights to proove no matter how I follow these rules that it works long term! Just come back here and read our archives if you waiver....

MIW
Old 11-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Weight and food logs today anyone????
Old 11-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

Today 211.8 lbs

had a grilled ham and cheese 400
1 microwave burrito 280
2 scrambled eggs with sr crm and salsa 240
large salad with ranch 280
24 oz fruit smoothie with yogurt 350
16 oz after blending of ice crm half & half and starbucks via 1000
2 pecan caramel clusters 280
3 smores cookies 240

total approx. Calories 3070

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 11-17-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

I lost again and I did'nt have my rm at breakfast again. I had my rm at 2:30-3:30 and it was a big ol' ribeye, lg. salad with ranch, big mug of mint chip and vanilla ice cream. I dropped to 107 from 108.5. I l don't know if the free day sort of jump started things or what. Remember I freaked out on Friday because I ate a late dinner rm after fasting all day and gained to 110. Well it all came off after the free day and then some. All last week I was stuck at 108. I am craving fruit today so I will have a big rm with a lot of fruit and other stuff.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

What's on tap for today ladies? I am having late BB/rm's this week. Sort of have to with teaching hours different this week plus I sort of want to mix things up a big. I want to see if I can use this for vacations, special occasions, etc. The beauty of this WOE is that it is versatile I am going to have my rms all week a little later. Saturday for my free day I may have cms/rm or an all out free day like last week but I haven't decided yet. I am guessing that my rm yesterday was around 3000 calories. My ribeye was around 12 ounces and fatty so I am thinking at least 1000 for that alone. I don't measure ranch dressing by the tablespoon either. I like my salads with a lot of ranch so I can have enough to dip the steak in too! LOL!. Then, of course, my ice cream is packed down in a mug which is probably a pint when I am done packing!!!

Last edited by oriana; 11-18-2013 at 04:46 AM..
Old 11-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

Today for me not as hungry. I am back up to 212.6 lbs but I know this cycle so no sweat. Last week was my "dry" week that I usually get after TOM so I do expect to be up slightly this week. I call it the two steps forward one step back approach to weight loss.

I am totally on board with you doing later RM's if needed. I was losing before even with late rm dinners but for bb it is faster! Plus in life there is never a guarantee anyway of when the next meal is coming (at least for ancient man) so it probably is good to switch things up once in awhile to keep the ol metabolism in tip top shape. Lol

MIW
Old 11-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #568
Senior LCF Member

MIW, thank you for keeping meticulous track of your scale weight and letting us know your random audits. It's very helpful for me to see those numbers. I also keep track of my numbers so I can see a trend or spot an issue.

Everyone who is doing a BB -- how is your appetite/hunger in the morning vs later in the day? I'm slowly feeling more interest in eating in the morning. Not a whole lot like I would if I ate in the afternoon or evening, but I'm encouraged that it is slightly better than before. I admit this part (allowing appetite/hunger to catch up in morning) is taking a lot longer than expected. I wonder if we're just not wired hormonally to eat in the morning. Perhaps the body, for survival's sake, wants us to eat at night since that's the best time to fatten up. I'm not giving up at all on BB... I guess I'm just curious to learn more about this aspect.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
Hi all! I finally caught up and read this entire thread... Whewww! First off, awesome results and congrats to all. Just gonna keep lurking and following. I do IFing with my eating window In the evening, but am very interested in your routines and results. Keep up the great work!
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/127/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Hi! I wonder how would the BB work for me. I struggle with binging. I try to stay LC but after few days I cave on carbs and binge. I am always ready to have brekfast. I always eat high protein breakfast but it does not help my carb binging. I read the book, I guess I should just try it. I do JUDDD, so will probably have to have 1 meal (breakfast on DD), UD should be easy to do.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote