Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Where did you get the smore cookies? We both shop at Costco a lot and I haven't seen them there. Hey what's every body going to do for Thanksgiving and Christmas???
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Down another 1/2 pound to 107. Plus I have 3 days until my free day on which I was 106. So I just had my BB and it was good. I had:
2 lg. honey crisp apples
1 raisin bagel with cream cheese
4 sausage links
2 chunks of cheese
2 lg. choc chip cookies
Lg. coffee with HWC and splenda
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/207/180
Oriana, thanks for pointing me in the direction of this active thread for BB! I had 1/2 a pizza for breakfast, and 2 fried eggs! I have no problem at all eating my big meal before I go to work in the morning (around 5am), because my fiancé works out of town Mon-Thurs. However, Thurs-Sunday I have issues....because he wants to go out to lunch and dinner a couple of those days. I'm trying to find a "happy medium" with him, because I'm really liking the big breakfast, but hate when he's frustrated about me saying no to dinner or weekend brunch somewhere. I'm going to try doing my usual M-Thurs BB, then switch my big meal to dinnertime Fri, Sat, and Sun. We'll see how it goes.

I suppose I have the option to do the BB every day, but just order a small app or salad when we go out. I can see that failing already though, because I LOVE food, and love to treat myself to a darn good meal when I'm out.

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 225/143.8/130
WOE: BB/CAD
Start Date: April 2009-restart July 2013
Good job to everyone with the loses! My carb loaded BB didn't cause any damage yesterday. I was actually down .4 lb that I had put on. Still up that 1 lb but like I said , TOM is rearing its ugly head any day.

Oriana, I'm hoping to be in maintenance by Christmas so maybe I will just use that day as my free day for the week.

Today, my BB was
Coffee and cream, dt rite, French toast sandwich, 1/2 peanut butter and honey sandwich, slice of pound cake and large sugar cookie.

I need new ideas for my BB! I seem to just eat the same things Whar are you ladies eating today??
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Where did you get the smore cookies? We both shop at Costco a lot and I haven't seen them there. Hey what's every body going to do for Thanksgiving and Christmas???
I get all my cookies from Safeway in the bakery section. Some have them in the isle when you first walk into the store. They come in a big black plastic bottomed tray and are only $5 and last a long time. I trialed both the Safeway and the Costco chocolate chip cookies and actually liked the taste of the smaller Safeway ones. They are not full of the huge chunks of gourmet chocolate like the Costco ones but to me they are better, you get more of them, and they cost less so it is a win-win. They also have oatmeal raisin which I haven't tried and I am sure others. I got the smore's ones on a whim and really like them!
Oh ya they are $9.99 if you don't have a Safe Way club card but you don't really have to give any info just a phone number and you get them for $5 and all sorts of other discounts. No emails, spam, or junk mail either

MIW
Old 10-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
Good job to everyone with the loses! My carb loaded BB didn't cause any damage yesterday. I was actually down .4 lb that I had put on. Still up that 1 lb but like I said , TOM is rearing its ugly head any day.

Oriana, I'm hoping to be in maintenance by Christmas so maybe I will just use that day as my free day for the week.

Today, my BB was
Coffee and cream, dt rite, French toast sandwich, 1/2 peanut butter and honey sandwich, slice of pound cake and large sugar cookie.

I need new ideas for my BB! I seem to just eat the same things Whar are you ladies eating today??
I know me too. I seem to do a lot of steak and salad, or eggs and cheese quesidillas. I always have my fruit smoothie, ice cream coffee milkshake and cookies! Those aren't going anywhere! LOL

Yesterday I tried the can of tuna with mayo but my weight went back up to 213 and I think it was too salty. I one time did 2 days out at McDonald's for early work BB at 5am and got McGriddles, the breakfast burritos, 2 Ice Mochas, hashbrowns! Now those days were BURP!!! Like Oriana likes to say... LOL

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 10-23-2013 at 08:42 AM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
I'm loving reading everyone's meals! Lisa, I wonder about how to eat out on weekends with dh, too. That was one of my big hesitations with this plan. I haven't totally figured it out, but I've decided to roll with this for now because I'm happy on it.

For today, I abandoned my low-carb ways! We had a church thing last night, so I snagged a few cookies for today's breakfast. I ate: salad with Caesar; asparagus; tuna with mayo and provolone on red bell pepper; 2 oz chicken breast; yogurt with nuts and persimmon; several cookies! Probably too many.

I can't imagine a world where me eating cookies is a good idea. But I'm willing to sacrifice in the name of science and weight-loss.

I'm wondering about Thanksgiving and Christmas, too. Tentatively thinking eat eggs for breakfast, then have an afternoon RM. Make a plate of leftovers and have it for the next day's BB, and be back on track. Sounds good in theory!
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Khaleesy
Stats: 125/107/105 (5'1")
WOE: BBD/IF maintenance
Start Date: 10/18/13
Hi everyone! I've truly enjoyed reading all your posts these past few days. May I join you guys even though I'm currently on maintenance? I will post my official weight in a few days after it's stabilized a bit. I'm probably anywhere between 105-108 pounds (I'm 5'1").

After reading you guys experience something clicked in my brain. Of course! Eat big at breakfast and lightly the rest of the day! Why did I think that was weird? I've been doing one huge meal at breakfast before 9am and nothing else the rest of the day. Been at it for 6 days now. My biggest problem right now is not being hungry at breakfast, but I know in time this WILL change. My body will adapt and I will get hungry in the morning.

Anyway, just wanted to hop in and say hello to y'all. Take care!
Khaleesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

This morning's BB:

- coffee with cream
- salad with ranch
- 3 fried eggs with green onions
- banh bao (it's a type of Vietnamese meat pie)
- French sour dough bread with liverwurst deli slices
- about a cup of ice cream
- 5 oreo cookies

It was just a bit under 2000 cals and about 150 carbs.

I have to say I love the idea of being able to FEAST everyday!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
I'm loving reading everyone's meals! Lisa, I wonder about how to eat out on weekends with dh, too. That was one of my big hesitations with this plan. I haven't totally figured it out, but I've decided to roll with this for now because I'm happy on it.

For today, I abandoned my low-carb ways! We had a church thing last night, so I snagged a few cookies for today's breakfast. I ate: salad with Caesar; asparagus; tuna with mayo and provolone on red bell pepper; 2 oz chicken breast; yogurt with nuts and persimmon; several cookies! Probably too many.

I can't imagine a world where me eating cookies is a good idea. But I'm willing to sacrifice in the name of science and weight-loss.

I'm wondering about Thanksgiving and Christmas, too. Tentatively thinking eat eggs for breakfast, then have an afternoon RM. Make a plate of leftovers and have it for the next day's BB, and be back on track. Sounds good in theory!
Yes- just for the name of science! LOL I love it

Don't worry, you will see they are not a big bad monster. Just follow the rules of one hour and no more carbs the rest of the day and I'd be super surprised if you gain weight OR spin out of control with the sugar munchies. I didn't eat anything after my meal yesterday and even at 9pm felt so content and NOT hungry and woke up at 3am and still not hungry! Then up at 7am and like magic my body knew it was breakfast time It really does something hormonally that controls hunger and makes you just plain feel full all day long!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 10-23-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Today's RM breakfast 8am-9am:

Large full fat ribeye steak

4 Cup mixed baby green salad with 3 TBSP regular Hidden Valley Ranch dsg.

Breakfast Fruit Smoothie: 24 ounce blender bottle made with banana, strawberries, red and grn grapes, orange, apple, full fat Cream Top Vanilla Yogurt by Brown Cow

3 Cups Mint Moosetracks SafeWay brand ice cream with 3/4 Cup regular half & half and one packet of Starbuck's Via coffee

5 Smore's cookies from the SafeWay bakery

This is an example of what I eat almost every day. Some days I will have cheese quesidillas with 2 large flour tortillas, 1/2 cup of cheese, 2-3 eggs, regular sour cream, or bacon and cabbage.

The trick for breakfast is that I do a combo of the Big Breakfast Diet and The Stress Eating Cure and you have to get at least 7 ounces of protein. Also the fruit and yogurt smoothie and some chocolate. I also try to get a good amount of veggies at least 3 times a week because I am a big veggie lover and miss them since I've switched to breakfast RM. I ALWAYS have the fruit smoothies and the ice cream coffee milkshakes or an ice coffee of somesort and the cookies. The variable is usually my protein source for variety.

High calorie weight loss does work. If you are ok with 1/4-1/2 pound a week loss...

MIW aka Make It Work
Old 10-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesy View Post
This morning's BB:

- coffee with cream
- salad with ranch
- 3 fried eggs with green onions
- banh bao (it's a type of Vietnamese meat pie)
- French sour dough bread with liverwurst deli slices
- about a cup of ice cream
- 5 oreo cookies

It was just a bit under 2000 cals and about 150 carbs.

I have to say I love the idea of being able to FEAST everyday!

Yes the more the merrier! LOL There is a growing movement of not only HIGH CALORIE weight loss, but also eating the large meal in the morning and all the carbs for the day in that one meal. Also, intermittent fasting and most of us are doing one meal a day or being done in a 5-8 hour timeframe. It really does work!

MIW
Old 10-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Thank you MIW! I'm really excited about this WOE.

Question for you and Oriana -- how do you guys prepare your ribeyes? I love ribeyes too...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesy View Post
Thank you MIW! I'm really excited about this WOE.

Question for you and Oriana -- how do you guys prepare your ribeyes? I love ribeyes too...
I just pan fry them on the stove. On medium heat. I put in some oil, then the seasonings which I use Utah Real Salt, fresh cracked pepper and powdered garlic. Then I cook them about 6 minutes on one side, 4-5 on the other and season the tops once they are in the pan. I also sometimes will put the lid on the pan and cook a few minutes after the 10 minutes is up if they are very thick. I prefer a medium-well steak.

MIW
Old 10-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

MIW, thanks. I also pan fry my ribeyes too and just needed to see how you guys normally cook them. I like mine medium-rare. I'm going to add garlic to mine to see if it improves the taste. I am looking for ways to make my protein VERY tasty because I'm just not hungry in the morning LOL. Downing the minimum 7 ounces of protein is probably the hardest thing to do first thing in the morning. At any rate, I'm sure my body will adapt and I will get hungry in the morning. Right now it's not easy LOL.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Saxy, that's what's nice about the BB maintenance plan. You can have a free day every 7th day so I make that Saturday and I can have breakfast, lunch and dinner with my family. Then on Sunday I have much later BB at brunch and I am much fuller ususally anyway from the Sat. binge day! LOL! You have something to look forward to when you get to goal although I am still losing on maintenance but I am very active too.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Saxy what kind of pizza and didn't you have dessert? I can't live without dessert!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Jonescarb, I have been stuck on raisin bagels with cream cheese and sausages. I go in spurts until I get sick of something. How about a nice juicy steak and salad and ice cream. OR get something made up the night before from your family dinner. You can have spaghetti, lasagne, etc. I get a lot of easy to make things from Costco like their tri tip bbq steak frozen sandwiches, sirloin cheese burgers, orange chicken and rice. I make breakfast the night before as if I am making dinner to eat later for myself. It's better than waking up and going UMMMMM what should I eat. I ususally love to start with a bunch of fruit and then on to the real food and dessert.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Khaleesy, it is nice to see another little person on maintenance who has a big appetite like mine. Keep posting those menus. Do you exercise? You know that you can have a free day every 7th day on mainenance. Mine is Saturday's. You should get the BB Diet book on Amazon.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

I broil mine and put a bunch of seasoning on them. I like them nice and fatty and thick. I usually eat about a 16 oz. one!!!! I like them medium rare with lots of juicy blood. I eat the fat too!

Last edited by oriana; 10-23-2013 at 06:59 PM..
Old 10-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 225/143.8/130
WOE: BB/CAD
Start Date: April 2009-restart July 2013
Well, I just wasn't brave enough to face the scale this morning. We had Mexican last night. I only ate a bit of the meat from some fajitas, but I knew the salt would bloat me. So, I just steered clear of the scale today. I may stay off it for a few days anyways so that my hormonal brain does not get the best of me.
My meal today was:
2 large fajitas (steak, chicken, and shrimp), 2 large sugar cookies(frosted), small slice pound cake, few squares chocolate, coffee with cream and diet rite.
Hope everyone has a great day!
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Today: 107 and trip tip sandwich with a little pc. of steak too, raw veggies and dip, Yoplait smoothie, 3 lg. cookies, coffee with cream.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/207/180
Quote:
Saxy what kind of pizza and didn't you have dessert? I can't live without dessert!
I forgot dessert that day! I had pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom deep-dish pizza--it was a large, and I polished off half of it! I ate the other half this morning with one egg, an avocado, and a Little Debbie swiss cake roll for dessert. I'm stuffed.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
This is sort of funny I sort of forgot I did something like this about 14 years ago. At that
time I smoked 4 packs of cigerets a day. I went to a smoking suport group, used the patch and Zyban and stared geting a 1/2 hour walk first thing in the morning before breakfast. 2 months later I had thrown the patch away and stoped the zyban and was still nicotine free. And not only hadn't I had a cigeret in 2 months I had lost about 8 lbs well quess what my breakfast was? 1/2 gallon of ice cream. Perhaps not the best choice for a big breakfast to say the least but I seem to recall I didn't want much of anything the rest of the day. I think I did this a few more months and continued to lose weight eating like this. I don't rember why I stoped this patern. I think I will give this another try but chose my foods a little better than last time.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
This is sort of funny I sort of forgot I did something like this about 14 years ago. At that
time I smoked 4 packs of cigerets a day. I went to a smoking suport group, used the patch and Zyban and stared geting a 1/2 hour walk first thing in the morning before breakfast. 2 months later I had thrown the patch away and stoped the zyban and was still nicotine free. And not only hadn't I had a cigeret in 2 months I had lost about 8 lbs well quess what my breakfast was? 1/2 gallon of ice cream. Perhaps not the best choice for a big breakfast to say the least but I seem to recall I didn't want much of anything the rest of the day. I think I did this a few more months and continued to lose weight eating like this. I don't rember why I stoped this patern. I think I will give this another try but chose my foods a little better than last time.
Oriana is a big proponent of full fat ice cream like Haagen-Das and actually was losing weight eating it at a second meal in the day! It can be done and I fully believe you when you say you lost weight!

I used to be a 2 pack a day smoker and quit in my early 20's and sadly put on about 30 pounds but oh well. I am soooo glad to this day I quit not only for the health but the MONEY! It was the expense that pushed me to quit and even now as gainfully empolyed professional I don't think I could afford 2 packs a day now, LOL!

Good luck. You will see this WOE really works. I follow Carbohydrate Addict's Diet rules and read The Big Breakfast Diet and also The Stress Eating Cure. I just do CAD in reverse and eat my large meal for breakfast and most day only the one meal! I make sure to get enough calories in and do not restrict. I also eat an ice cream milkshake made with regular half & half to push the calories, fat, and serotonin release! LOL I add a Starbuck's Via (powdered instant coffee) to the milkshakes so I feel like I am getting an extra yummy gourmet iced coffee drink. Also from BB diet I make sure to get 7 ounces of protein, AND I also do a fruit smoothie every day. There is no way you would not feel full with a meal, a smoothie AND the ice cream! LOL I eat it all in an hour according to CAD and I always try to get enough low carb veggies or at least the fruit to balance out the protein/fat and carbs. I don't really count the fruit as carbs even though I know they are. I count them for the fiber and all the phyto and micro nutrients. But I do try to get veggies in even for breakfast if I can.

Good luck! High calorie weight loss is a reality. Oriana is at goal and maintenence and loses whatever she gains following these rules. I am still continuing to slowly lose. You will lose too. Just don't get impatient. It is not a fad or gimmick crash diet. Just an awesome way to eat and very slowly take of fat instead of storing it

MIW
Old 10-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

So yesterday about noon I felt very hungry and munchy and anxious, which I attribute to the cookies. But I had my normal planned lunch and kept busy and it was bearable. For today's dessert I had Haagen-dazs because I don't think ice cream messes with my blood sugar as bad as cookies.

So, today's BB: pork chop, quesadilla, salad, Brussels sprouts; 1 oz macadamias; 1/4 cup raspberries; 1 cup ice cream.

I'm up .2 today, but I expected a bump with eating sugar (replenishing glycogen stores.) If I don't see any dramatic benefits of adding sugar, I'll go back to low-carb because I was truly happy with my food. But I'll experiment for a few days. You never know until you try!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Today's BB, finished by 8:45am:

- coffee with cream
- salad with thousand island dressing
- 8 oz fatty bbq pork
- 1 c sweet sticky rice with mung beans and crushed peanuts
- 1/2 pint haagen-dazs strawberry ice cream
- sour dough bread with liverwurst slices

It was about 1900 cals and 120 carbs.

I notice it takes me about 1.5 hrs to finish eating. I like taking my time so unless I see reasons it's hurting me, I'll stick to the same timeline.

It's 2:30pm and I'm nice and full. I won't have a problem abstaining from food until tomorrow morning. I'm aiming to reach this level of fullness every day. I think the key for me to feel full is plenty of protein and LOTS of fat. The fatty bbq pork and ice cream are very helpful to feel full, I think. I'm going to try to eat plenty of fatty meat every day.

Plenty of energy today. I love this way of eating
Old 10-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Khaleesy, it is nice to see another little person on maintenance who has a big appetite like mine. Keep posting those menus. Do you exercise? You know that you can have a free day every 7th day on mainenance. Mine is Saturday's. You should get the BB Diet book on Amazon.
Oriana, I will try to post menus often. Speaking of menus, I definitely enjoy looking at your menus -- the food you select always sounds so good.

I am sedentary. Job has me sitting at the computer all day basically. I used to be a gym rat. Used to run like 30-40 miles a week. Don't really feel motivated to exercise at all nowadays though. I know you exercise a lot though. Good for you. I might some day get back to running.

Yes, I will be getting the BBD book. I have read CAD a long time ago.

Once I get my feet wet in this WOE, I will consider having a "free" day on the weekend. That'd sound awesome to be able to eat lunch/dinner with hubby.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
I'd like to join you ladies and experiment. Even though I work 3 nights a week, I'm still going to have my BB between 5am and 9am every day. This is day three for me and so far, so good. I was amazed that Wed. morning I finished my BB by 9 am, took a nap at noon and worked a 12 hour night shift with no hungar. I brought a roast beef sandwich to work and ate it at 5 am on Thursday morning and finished the rest of my meal when I got home at 7:45 am. A very vulnerable time for me (eating wise) has been getting off work at 7 am and being famished. Now, I can have a planned breakfast with food I enjoy. This really is easy. I'll keep you posted if I lose weight because I know this diet is based on circadian rhythm. Today my BB averaged 1600 calories:

coffee and a slice of apple pie
milk shake: 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup yogurt, l/2 cup strawberries, 1 carrot, 2 leaves Boston Lettuce, 1 T. Diachatamous Earth (all blended)
8 spears asparagus wrapped in 3 pieces of bacon and baked (2 oz bacon)
open faced tuna melt sandwich on sour dough bread (5 oz. tuna, 2 T mayo, 2 slices American cheese, 1 slice bread baked)

Last edited by Redeemed; 10-25-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

After my two day experiment, sugar is back off my menu. Both days like clockwork at 11 am I felt anxiety, the munchies, thinking about food, jittery, ugh. And today my face broke out. I'll keep doing my low carb version of bb, and reaping the benefits. It's great so many of you can do sugar. I am allergic to it.