Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Any scientific reason why the large protein meal early in the morning helps?
It is also when to eat the carbs early because it inhibits the stress hormone cortisol and releases more seratonin and has other hormonal benefits. That is why I am glad I have read both The Stress Eating Cure by the Heller's and The Big Breakfast Diet because they make a good case for why it works with the body's natural rythm to regulate hormones- not just for weight loss!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Jonescarb how tall are you? It is comforting to see another big eater like MIW and I! Do you exercise at all? When you get to maintenance you are allowed to have a free day on day 7. It seems like it revs up my metabolism for the next 6 days! So I have been losing while on the maintenance plan too.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 225/143.8/130
WOE: BB/CAD
Start Date: April 2009-restart July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Jonescarb how tall are you? It is comforting to see another big eater like MIW and I! Do you exercise at all? When you get to maintenance you are allowed to have a free day on day 7. It seems like it revs up my metabolism for the next 6 days! So I have been losing while on the maintenance plan too.
I'm a shortie. I'm about 5'3" if I stand really straight
I know what you mean about it being comforting to see another big eater. I just don't understand women that don't like to eat. I've always liked to eat. I lasted 1 day on JUDD. I just can't do the 300-500 calorie every other day. Its just not for me. I love this plan and have noticed even in the evening when I do get hungry, its manageable. Something has changed in the hormones to where now I can say " I'm alittle hungry, but I can control this." I do not feel cravings taking over and being out of control and heading into binge mode. That's what always happened in the past. On Atkins, I was always so depressed and tired. After about 2 weeks, I would almost always binge. This way of eating has changed everything for me.

As for exercise, its sporadic. I really like to walk in the afternoons. I sometimes walk 2-3 days a week for about 45 min. But lately, it seems Im always running around trying to get my little girls to their activities in the afternoons. I do enjoy exercising and believe it has a huge impact on my happiness. There are some definite changes that happen when I exercise regularly. In the past, I have been able to lift myself out of a mild depression I was facing with just a little exercise everyday. I do believe its so important, but not necessarily for weight loss. I previously lost 120 pounds after my last child with no exercise at all Of course, it was low carb, low cal and diet pills. Not sustainable in the long run. I'm lucky I've only put about 20 lbs of all that weight back on!

Definitely looking forward to maintenance!! That free day could really keep you going for the week. Something to look forward to every week.
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Jones what did you have for bb yesterday?
What are you having today?
Old 10-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Today's BB RM from 7:38-8:38am-

Large 3/4 liter fruit and full fat yogurt smoothie
big slab of fatty pork roast
6 cup mixed green salad with ranch
large cheese quesidilla made with 2 big flour tortillas, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 C regular sour cream and tobasco sauce

If I am still hungry I will also have an ice cream coffee milkshake and a few chocolate chips.

Today I am on last day of TOM and weight 212.4 lbs. I am 5' 2.5"

MIW
Old 10-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

I was down another few ounces today. 139.0!!

Yesterday my BB was
3:30 am- coffee & cream (consumed within 15 min per CAD/CALP)

5:00- Chicken casserole with green beans, Celery with biscoff spread
and peanut butter, salad with southwest ranch, 1 slice cake roll and 1 slice
of caramel cake, coffee with cream and diet rite.

Today my BB way:
4am-coffee and cream
5:30- French toast sandwich(frozen-by IHOP), large southwest salad, greek yogurt,
large slice of coca cola cake with cookie dough ice cream, coffee with cream, and a diet rite.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Today's BB RM from 7:38-8:38am-

Large 3/4 liter fruit and full fat yogurt smoothie
big slab of fatty pork roast
6 cup mixed green salad with ranch
large cheese quesidilla made with 2 big flour tortillas, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 C regular sour cream and tobasco sauce

If I am still hungry I will also have an ice cream coffee milkshake and a few chocolate chips.

Today I am on last day of TOM and weight 212.4 lbs. I am 5' 2.5"

MIW
So I did eat all that and the ice cream coffee milkshake and 3 chocolate chip cookies. My milkshakes are 2-3 cups of Safeway brand ice cream, usually moose tracks flavors, with 1/2 C of half & half as the liquid to blend and a Starbuck's via packet for the coffee and caffeine.

MIW
Old 10-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Jonescarb do you have an early job or do you just like to get up early? I get up at 4 a.m. and start eating then.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

MIW, Jonescarb, and I have to be eating from 2000-2500 calories at our BB dont' you think?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Oriana, I have sleep issues. For some reason, I can never sleep past 3 or 3:30. Though oddly enough, I've been sleeping til almost 4 the last few days. I like to eat early so I can enjoy it without everyone in my house asking for something. I also do it so I don't have to listen to my kids ask why they can't have dessert with breakfast

I do believe I'm having at least 2000. But, I don't count the calories. I really despise counting calories. I just eat until I'm good and full. I still can't believe this is working. I feel like I'm at a birthday party every morning when I'm eating my cake and ice cream

I was down to 138.6 this morning.

Today my meal was:
French toast sandwich (sausage, egg, cheese on French toast), large salad (with real high fat salad dressing), coffee with cream, sugared cashews, ice cream with chocolate cake.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2bfitb440
Stats: 207/186.6/150
WOE: Started w Atkins/Now LC Fast5
Start Date: 07/15/2013/09/30/2013
I'm eating just 1 meal a day and keep it low carb for all meals except about 1 per month. I'm usually having my meal sometime between 1230 and 2:30, but eating within 1 hour. I probably eat about 2000 calories at that meal and eat until I'm full. I have been at this for a little over two weeks and as soon as I see a loss, it's back. Does eating the meal in the morning really make a difference? I really prefer eating later, but I need results. I can't image why the heck fasting for 23 hours a day isn't working.
2bfitb440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Jones, so funny you mentioned eating in peace. I too have 4 kids and they always are commenting on what I eat. I like eating in the morning in peace too. Do you go to bed early? Today I had ribeye, salad with ranch and a whole pint of haagen dazs. Tomorrow is my free day!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Where do you get your IHOP frozen french toast sandwiches?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bfitb440 View Post
I'm eating just 1 meal a day and keep it low carb for all meals except about 1 per month. I'm usually having my meal sometime between 1230 and 2:30, but eating within 1 hour. I probably eat about 2000 calories at that meal and eat until I'm full. I have been at this for a little over two weeks and as soon as I see a loss, it's back. Does eating the meal in the morning really make a difference? I really prefer eating later, but I need results. I can't image why the heck fasting for 23 hours a day isn't working.
It most likely is working, just very slow. Do you weigh every day and do weekly averages? Not sure if you have seen my posts but basically from April til Sept. I was having lots of days with the same weights in the 215's to 217's but over the course of each week you can see that I am losing. For me my current avg is only 1/4 pound a week which is only calculable if you do daily wts and weekly avg. My scale has decimal so I can do 1/10th of pound which is nice.

Also, do you only drink water or unsweetened herbal teas? If you are doing anything with sugar free or artificial sweeteners that is going to release insulin. Also I found I cannot have caffeine (even decaf) outside of my hour or I will gain! I am sure those of us with hyperinsulinemia even get an insulin surge when we brush out teeth! LOL

The body releases insulin just with thinking about food or seeing imagery of it so for those of us with hyperinsulinemia I think make sure you are good and full at your one meal because if you are hungry the rest of the day you are releasing insulin anyways and might as well eat a high protein/fat and low carb veggie meal to take care of the hunger.

Just a few suggestions but chances are you are doing everything right and just have the same super slow metabolism I do. Remember this isn't a crash diet with massive calorie restriction and muscle waisting as the weight loss. This is really your body NOT storing to fat what you are eating and instead buring stored fat. Not muscle but stored fat! Just keep it up and do not give up!

MIW
Old 10-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Here was my RM from today. Ate a bit late due to getting kids off to school and hubby was working today otherwise he helps with that so I can eat earlier. Today from 9:30-10:30am

2 scrambled eggs with 1/2 cup shredded cheese and 3 TBSP regular sour cream

big bowl of 1 1/2 cups white rice covered with 1 1/2 Cups of green curry and lots of big chunks of diced beef and 1 TBSP butter

Fruit smootie: one banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1 C green grapes, 1 C red grapes, 1 small orange, 1 small pear, 1/2 C full fat maple syrup yogurt, 1 C ice

Ice cream milk shake with 3 Cups ice cream 1/2 cup half & half and 1 starbucks via

5 safeway bakery smores cookies

Todays wt 212.6 lbs. Still on TOM but I think today is last day...

MIW
Old 10-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Where do you get your IHOP frozen french toast sandwiches?
I get these in the frozen food section at Walmart. I really like them. They're kinda like the mcgriddles at McDonald's .
Old 10-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jones, so funny you mentioned eating in peace. I too have 4 kids and they always are commenting on what I eat. I like eating in the morning in peace too. Do you go to bed early? Today I had ribeye, salad with ranch and a whole pint of haagen dazs. Tomorrow is my free day!
I do go to bed early. About 8:30 or 9. I try to stay up, but I just cant seem to keep my eyes open since I've fallen into this routine

Enjoy that free day!!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bfitb440 View Post
Everything MIW mentioned is great advice. I had done low carb for years and finally got to where i could not lose on it. Even if i ate only 600 calories per day! After reading the stress eating cure, I decided to try eating the reward meal/big breakfast in the morning. I was still doing low carb up until 2 weeks ago. For me the big breakfast works great. I've lost about 6 pounds in 2 weeks since starting.
Good luck!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
Everything MIW mentioned is great advice. I had done low carb for years and finally got to where i could not lose on it. Even if i ate only 600 calories per day! After reading the stress eating cure, I decided to try eating the reward meal/big breakfast in the morning. I was still doing low carb up until 2 weeks ago. For me the big breakfast works great. I've lost about 6 pounds in 2 weeks since starting.
Good luck!
Wow 6 pounds? That is incredible! Awesome too that you are sleeping a bit better. I am not seeing drastic improvements in sleep but I'd say I am sleeping 30% better than a year ago so that is about 1/3 so I won't complain since ANYTHING is better than having a hard time falling to sleep and waking up several times during the night and always waking up feeling tired. Now I seem to fall asleep a bit faster, wake up less, and still hate waking up but it is more tolerable and I don't feel quite as much as a zombie as I used to. I hope it will only get better and better!

MIW
Old 10-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, I'm glad I am not the only one that can't stay awake past 8:30-9:00. My kids go to bed after me! LOL! Love the breakfast menus. Keep it up. Now I wonder how I ever went without breakfast. I am famished by 7 a.m. as if it were dinner time and I had fasted all day!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Jones, I lost 6 pounds in two week on BB too. I was 113 after a fruit fasting week on vacation to see if I could lose faster and only had 700 calories of fruit a day and nothing else and then on the 7th day I had a free day. I gained from 107.5 to 113. Then I KNEW the big breakfast was it for me and I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks on it eating way more than on that fruit fast.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

I used to toss and turn with a full belly from eating my rm last meal of the day. Now I zonk out at around 8 p.m. and sleep way more solid. BUT BUT BUT I bound out of bed, do my 100 squats and get in that kitchen to eat my big breakfast which I usually plan the night before!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

You guys have to read this. I just found it as a reply to me on the Big Breakfast page on facebook:

Andreina Villar-Woodworth Hi Oriana... I had the absolute luck to be Daniela's patient for some time. She is awesome and this is by far the ONLY diet that has ever worked for me. I started with her diet exactly 10 years ago and lost 40 pounds in 3 to 4 months. I kept the weight off for close to 5 years, even after having twins. I gained it back when I was put on a medication that completely altered my metabolism (amitriptiline) and made me gain 35 pounds in one year (very sad). Anyhow, I decided to start again last Tuesday and it's working marvels again.
It's not the typical diet because it's not easy to eat so much in the morning, you have to wake up early and take the time to cook and eat, plus, mornings are not exactly the time we are most hungry. On the other hand, after 3 to 4 months doing this, my habits completely changed and my metabolism was different, I wasn't hungry at all and I wasn't craving any carbs (Thank to the morning chocolate).
I HAD to eat at least 200 grs of protein and 200 grs more of white cheese, plus carbs (preferably one kind), skim milk and chocolate. It is difficult. I had a stake this morning, plus bread with feta cheese and a french silk pie and coffee with skimed milk, plus nutella and I was so full I couldn't breathe. The trick, as she explained to me, and as I learned, is to eat protein so your metabolism gets boost for 12 to 14 hrs (keeping hunger away and burning calories throughout the day) and to eat enough chocolate so your seratonin levels remain the same all day long and you can control the carb and sweat addition/cravings after 4 pm. You can always get creative and have a milk shake (with skim milk) or something like that for breakfast. Before 2PM I have to have lunch (lean 100grs of protein, no fat, one cup of green veggies and one cup of fruit). After 2PM I would only have certain fruit or vegetables.
I remember she explained this is NOT a calorie counting diet but it based on the body's chemistry and the TIME in which you eat. So calorie counting does nothing for you. Hope this helps but she explains it great in the book! Have a good night!
September 28 at 6:01pm · Like
Old 10-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Oriana thank you so much for posting that! In one more month will be 2 years since I got off facebook so I do miss neat things like groups and being able to search for people. Thanks again for sharing!

I noticed this morning I had a harder time than usual eating enough and could have easily stopped halfway through but knew it wasn't enough calories. It is funny but on days where I just let my natural hunger guide me I am still full all day but then BAM the evening I could leap into the pantry and rip it to shreds! LOL So... I am very mindful of what I "should" be eating calorie wise and just try to get in ENOUGH. I waited about 10 minutes and then was able to eat some more. I wasn't stuffed or bursting just didn't have any appetite. That was strange and we are talking after only eating about 1 Cup of rice with green curry and beef and half of my smoothie! I still had another cup or more of the curry dish, plus some eggs, the rest of the smoothie AND my milkshake coffee and cookies on the menu to get in my calorie goal! LOL

Who would think a diet can be a chore because you have to eat ENOUGH and not RESTRICT? LOL

Glad her post above emphasizes eating enough protein, enough fruits, enough carbs, etc. It is definitely an "Eat more" approach and not an "Eat less."

MIW
Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

MIW, I asked her if she would find our BB thread and post on it. I don't know her. It was just random.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

You know what is weird, MIW, is that if we were to eat that same amount for dinner I would have no problem getting it down plus more! Anyone tried to eat a pizza yet for breakfast?
Old 10-19-2013, 03:09 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

MIW, I agree. Who would have ever thought we'd have the chore of getting enough calories Its a good problem to have

On the sleep, I started having problems years ago when I started low carb. During strict low carb (with diet pills) I might go to bed at 11 and wake up at 2:30. For me, there is a definite connection with carbs and sleep. I really sleep better if I have carbs at night, but its not worth the weight gain for me. Besides, atleast on the WOE I'm not tired when I get up and I have plenty of energy all day. I hope my sleep will improve more, but I try not to stress about it.

Oriana, I actually had a slice of pizza this morning.
I was down another .2lb to 138.4. I fully expect this to slow down and probably even gain some when TOM shows up around the 1st of the month.
My BB for today was:
coffee and cream, diet rite, 1 slice pizza, large link of sausage (3 servings), large salad (with bacon, seeds, cranberries and full fat dressing), apple cake with cookie dough ice cream
Old 10-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
Good luck!
Thanks for posting this, jonescarb. Very useful info as I'm trying to find my WOE. I thought everyone doing this must have been eating carbs before. Your results are fantastic!

My husband would freak if I started eating cookies and cake. (He'd be worried about me.). Maybe I could eat them at 4 am like you guys do.
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
Thanks for posting this, jonescarb. Very useful info as I'm trying to find my WOE. I thought everyone doing this must have been eating carbs before. Your results are fantastic!

My husband would freak if I started eating cookies and cake. (He'd be worried about me.). Maybe I could eat them at 4 am like you guys do.
LOL!!!

MIW
Old 10-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

I must add that I do still drink diet sodas throughout the day. It hasn't prevented any weight loss or caused cravings but that is just me. Dr. J. on the Big Breakfast Diet says they are allowed but if they bother you I wouldn't use them. Today I was 106 and am having a free day. Funny though I got up and wanted cheese and coffee with heavy cream and splenda. And for lunch I am having steak, salad with ranch and diet mt. dew. Last week for my free day I had heavy carbs all day. I just go by how I feel. NO deprivation. Tomorrow it is back to my big breakfast only. Lovin' life! Oh, also, I was up at 4 a.m. and had plenty of energy to run and do my squats. Might even do some more later this evening as I have so much energy.