Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Down another 1/2 pound to 105.5!!!! I always start my day with a mono fruit meal around 4 a.m. It really works with your body's rhythm and cleans you out from the night before. Also, I never lose on Chinese food and that it what I had yesterday. Today I started with two huge mangos around 4 a.m. and now am about to eat my breakfast of cheese, coffee with cream, 3 long johns, and a breakfast sandwich (huge). I was full all day and had energy to even run again.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 152.8/148.8/130
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: April 2009(Low Carb)-CAD Sep 16 2014
Wow Oriana! I'm totally pumped that it is possible to eat like this and way 105 lbs! So proud for you!

I'm down another pound today! Yea!
Down to 139.8 and hoping it sticks.
Yesterday I had:
4am coffee and 1.5 tbsp cream
7:30am- fried chicken sandwich, salad with southwest ranch dressing, 2 large chocolate chip cookies(giant!) 2 stalks celery with peanut butter
and coffee with cream
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
Everyone is doing so well. Happy for you.
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Today my Dad is here so even though I had an AWESOME breakfast RM (had 2 milkshakes because I was out of fruit for a smootie! LOL) I decided to have a ribeye steak and some stir fried cabbage. I love how flexible this WOE is!!!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

I was a little worried about eating fruit and waiting two hours and then food but I have done nothing but lose weight and I seem to be even less hungry. It is 7 p.m. and I started eating at 4 a.m. with fruit and had my big breakfast at 8:30. I keep pinching myself the ultimate food binger how I couldn't be in the least bit hungry. I even thought maybe I was getting sick but I am not and feel great.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

I must say that eating your big meal for breakfast is the key to permanant weight loss and lack of hunger. This morning I have to wait to eat because I am going to a teacher's brunch and I am missing my breakfast. I wake up hungry now. Also, I am up 1/2 pound so you see I am not invincible. My weight fluctuates too. I am not giving up on my big breakfast diet though. I am sticking to it and will make the best of these eating occasions. Saturday is my free day again and it jump starts my weight loss.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Oh I am a believer too! I look forward to my breakfast also now and even though I ate that large steak and cabbage at 5pm yesterday today I was 212.6 lbs so identical to yesterday's weight! I love this!

Today from 8-9am:

Large T-bone steak

large fruit smoothie with 1 Cup each: strawberries, grapes, orange, banana, apple, pear, full fat vanilla yogurt and ice

large ice cream milkshake with 2 Cups ice cream, 3/4 C half & half and a starbucks via

4 chocolate chip cookies

Remind me again that this is a diet? LOL

MIW
Old 10-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow's plan start my day at 4 a.m. with my 1st course of 2 mangos and coffee. Then I will have breakfast #2 and #3 around 7 and 8 a.m. Funny I can't do that if I space it out in the night. I go bolistic with hunger! I have to force feed myself in the morning and am fullFULL all day. Is this really happening to me?
Old 10-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies! I am feeling the same way. I have been so satisfied and full the last few days, I really have to push through my BB to get in enough calories to last the day. I have never in my life been satisfied and unconsumed with food like I have been this week. The first week was harder, but something changed in the last few days. Like a switch! No hunger..at all. I go buy myself a sweet treat everyday to devour the next day at my BB. By the time BB rolls around, I'm not even all that interested in it. I may eat it, but sometimes I'll just eat a few bites and decide it wasn't that good. Sometimes I may choose another sweet and sometimes I just decide it was enough. Really unbelievable if you knew my past relationship with food. There was seriously a time I considered counseling. But all along, I believe now it was a hormone imbalance.
I have not weighed the past few days because I've just been so rushed in the mornings. Im not really concerned, I know its working. I'll weigh tomorrow and post it.
Yesterdays meal: coffee and cream, bbq with sauce, southwest salad, greek yogurt, ice cream bar and cheesecake.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

I LOVE BB DIET> I am going on a teacher's convention today and will have a later BB lunch again today. I woke up at 106 pounds on the button! I will have a more uneventful week and back to normal next week but I still maintained with all of the events I had to go to. I must say though that I don't ever want to wait and fast until dinner again! I love the energy I have all day with breakfast first. It took a lot of getting used to and was not happy with skipping my dinners at first but now that I see the weight loss and energy there is no turning back. I am going to have an all out free day again on Sat.!! Yippee.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Jones carb the same thing happened to me. The first week I got weak and hungry by dinner some nights but something happened the second week and I too have to almost ALMOST LOL! force myself to eat a bigger breakfast. I make it happen though!!! Even if I have to start at 4 a.m. with the first course. That is what I usually do anyway. Keep on going! Like I said. I don't think I will ever want to eat any other way. Just think. If you've read the BBD book you can do what I do on maintenance and have every 7th day as your free day and then you CAN eat a lunch and a dinner out if you like. I am not hungry on that day but do it anyway!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Jonescarb were you a binger like me at one time. I can and used to eat like a man. I could eat a double whopper, lg. fries, dessert and then some
Old 10-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
Good Morning Ladies! I am feeling the same way. I have been so satisfied and full the last few days, I really have to push through my BB to get in enough calories to last the day. I have never in my life been satisfied and unconsumed with food like I have been this week. The first week was harder, but something changed in the last few days. Like a switch! No hunger..at all. I go buy myself a sweet treat everyday to devour the next day at my BB. By the time BB rolls around, I'm not even all that interested in it. I may eat it, but sometimes I'll just eat a few bites and decide it wasn't that good. Sometimes I may choose another sweet and sometimes I just decide it was enough. Really unbelievable if you knew my past relationship with food. There was seriously a time I considered counseling. But all along, I believe now it was a hormone imbalance.
I have not weighed the past few days because I've just been so rushed in the mornings. Im not really concerned, I know its working. I'll weigh tomorrow and post it.
Yesterdays meal: coffee and cream, bbq with sauce, southwest salad, greek yogurt, ice cream bar and cheesecake.

It took me a few days to really "get it" mentally and physically. The other 2 times in the last 3 months that I attempted to eat my main meal for breakfast just didn't work. And it was because I wasn't eating enough NOR enough protein. I too think once the hormones fall into place it just clicks and works so well! Have you read The Stress Eating Cure by the Hellers? They go into the hormones and how they can make people "feel" and "think" and just how powerful they are (and misunderstood!).

MIW
Old 10-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Not sure I'm fully grasping this woe. Are you only suppose to eat one really big meal first thing in the morning, or are you allowed smaller lunches and/or dinners? Just love having dinner time with family. However, I need fuel to work all day. I am up on my feet all day and I cannot wait til PM to eat. Just wasn't sure if you were allowed to eat lunches and dinners at all and if they had to be low carb?
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Not sure I'm fully grasping this woe. Are you only suppose to eat one really big meal first thing in the morning, or are you allowed smaller lunches and/or dinners? Just love having dinner time with family. However, I need fuel to work all day. I am up on my feet all day and I cannot wait til PM to eat. Just wasn't sure if you were allowed to eat lunches and dinners at all and if they had to be low carb?

Google Daniela Jakubowicz MD and The Big Breakfast Diet. There are several web sites that list the parameters. I just ordered the book used off the A site and it is on its way.

Yes, you can eat other meals, but several of the people seem to find that they are not hungry again after their big meal in the morning.

As with all diets, it has to work for you without upsetting the rest of the family or it becomes an unworkable chore.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Jonescarb were you a binger like me at one time. I can and used to eat like a man. I could eat a double whopper, lg. fries, dessert and then some
Yes, Oriana. I was definately a binger. I could make it about 2 weeks on low carb and it always seemed to end in a binge, which might last a few hours or it could go on here and there a few days. Then id go back to low carb and repeat the cycle. Ive been repeating that cycle for 2 years. I can absolutely eat like a man. Probably more than some men I know
Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
It took me a few days to really "get it" mentally and physically. The other 2 times in the last 3 months that I attempted to eat my main meal for breakfast just didn't work. And it was because I wasn't eating enough NOR enough protein. I too think once the hormones fall into place it just clicks and works so well! Have you read The Stress Eating Cure by the Hellers? They go into the hormones and how they can make people "feel" and "think" and just how powerful they are (and misunderstood!).

MIW

Hi MIW,
Yes, SEC was the first book I read. I then went back and read CALP just to see what it was about. I've never actually read the BB diet book, but maybe soon. I really liked all the info given in both the other books
Old 10-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi MIW,
Yes, SEC was the first book I read. I then went back and read CALP just to see what it was about. I've never actually read the BB diet book, but maybe soon. I really liked all the info given in both the other books
Oriana and I have pretty much read all the same books and with a few differences put together our "plans" concurrently and communicated back and forth on what worked and what didn't. I think we both kind of kept each other on task and to keep looking for a doable WOE that as satisfying and WORKED!

I only eat in a one hour time frame. I eat early now. She eats closer to what the BB diet book says one can do. Just find what works and run with it!!!

MIW
Old 10-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Well, I'm averaging in at 139.8 for the week. So down 1 lb this week and 5 lb overall in 2 weeks. I feel good about it. Especially since I don't feel the least bit deprived!!
Yesterday looked like this:
3:30 am-coffee and cream
5:30 am-grilled chicken, green beans, coleslaw and 3 petit fours (big)
coffee and cream.
4pm- baked turkey
Old 10-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, I'm averaging in at 139.8 for the week. So down 1 lb this week and 5 lb overall in 2 weeks. I feel good about it. Especially since I don't feel the least bit deprived!!
Yesterday looked like this:
3:30 am-coffee and cream
5:30 am-grilled chicken, green beans, coleslaw and 3 petit fours (big)
coffee and cream.
4pm- baked turkey
I know for me to be sooooo full all day and eat awesome foods in large portions to be satisfied and carry me all day is just incredible AND I am slowly losing eating HIGH CALORIE!!!

MIW
Old 10-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back from the convention. I was 106 on the dot when I weighed in this morning. Today I got up at 4 a.m. and had 2 mangos. I always start my day with fruit. I ran and then I had a Paradise Bakery club on a croissant and 3 lg. chocolate chip cookies from their bakery plus a large coffee with heavy cream.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Oriana great job!

This week I have been 212 "point something" every day. I am going to be up slightly from last weeks average but I am due to start TOM any minute so that is most likely the reason.

Last 2 days ate super early breakfast from 4:30-5:30 am to go to work so a little white knuckling later in the day but just taking a hot bath or tooling around to get past it.

MIW
Old 10-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Google Daniela Jakubowicz MD and The Big Breakfast Diet. There are several web sites that list the parameters. I just ordered the book used off the A site and it is on its way.

Yes, you can eat other meals, but several of the people seem to find that they are not hungry again after their big meal in the morning.

As with all diets, it has to work for you without upsetting the rest of the family or it becomes an unworkable chore.
Yeah I know what you mean. Was doing well with juddd til I went back to work. I just have a hard time getting through my day w/o eating much. iF has worjed great for me but there are struggles with it due to feeling weak at work and the dilemma of dining with family. Thanjs for the input. Reading the book will probably give me a good idea if ut will work for me.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. Was doing well with juddd til I went back to work. I just have a hard time getting through my day w/o eating much. iF has worjed great for me but there are struggles with it due to feeling weak at work and the dilemma of dining with family. Thanjs for the input. Reading the book will probably give me a good idea if ut will work for me.
Beverly, if this doesn't fit you could try the IF, one meal a day, or CAD threads.
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. Still here. Up just 0.16 pounds this week but started TOM and usually GAIN over a pound so I am extactic with this amount! My weight all week was 212 "point something" and I don't think I ever had a single week where I had such minimal fluctuation of weight. Most weeks I would see a 2 pound difference in weights usually 2 or more times that week so to be 212.... each day was interesting. When I get caught up I will post my weekly avg list for all to see. I cannot believe this WOE it still blows my mind how well I eat and don't feel deprived and the weight just keeps slowly burning itself off!!!

MIW
Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Ok everyone, here is my "almost" entire year's worth of daily, weekly, AND monthly averages. You can see I am losing only a bit more than a 1/4 of a pound a week the last few months on average but no matter how you analyze my averages, my weight is going down down down ever so slowly. I keep getting encouragement from a gal I know only via emails who has done one meal a day for years now that there will be way less saggy skin this way so I am happy about that. Plus I truely do not feel like I am on a diet! The one month where I actually saw a gain was during the vacation where I took 4 days off so that kind of messed with things and those 4 days took my body 16 to get back on track so I won't ever make that mistake again!!! That even includes me NOT recording those daily wts until I got back into the same zone I was in when I left so mega-yikes...

Week 1- 235 (235)

Week 2- 231 229 (230) -5 lbs

Week 3- 228 (228) -1 lb

Week 4- 227 226 (226.5) -1.5 lbs............................................... ....................(229.9)

Week 5- 225 227 228 225 (226.25) -0.25 lbs

Week 6- 225 225 225.5 225.5 225 224 223.5 (224.79) -1.5 lbs

Week 7- 224 224 224 224 224 223 (223.83) -1 lb

Week 8- 224 225 224.5 224.5 224 224 224 (224.28) + 0.5 lb.......................(224. -5.1 lbs

Week 9- 222 224 225 222.5 223 222.5 223.5 (223.21) -1 lb

Week 10- 223 222.5 221.5 221 223 223 222 (222.29) -0.9 lb

Week 11- 221 223 221 221 221 224 223 (222) -0.30 lb

Week 12- 223 222 223 222 223 223 222.5 (222.64) +0.6 lb.......................(222.5) -2.3 lbs

Week 13- 222 222 220 222 222 221 221 (221.43) -1.20 lbs

Week 14- 221.5 222 223 223 221.5 222 218 (221.57) +0.14 lb

Week 15- 220 221 223 221 221 221.5 222.5 (221.43) -0.14 lb

Week 16- 224 221 X 221.5 223 223 223 (222.58) +1.15 lbs......................(221. -0.7 lbs

Week 17- 220 221 221 221 221 220 220 (220.57) -2 lbs

Week 18- 220 220 220.5 220 220 220 219.5 (220) -0.57 lb

Week 19- 220 218 219 218.5 218.5 218.5 217.5 (218.57) -1.43

Week 20- 218.5 219.5 220 220 220 220 220 (219.7) +1.10......................(219.71) -2.09 lbs

Week 21- 218.5 218.5 218.5 218.5 217.5 217.5 218 (218.14) -1.56

Week 22- 219.5 219.5 220 220 219.5 218.5 218.5 (219.36) +1.22

Week 23- 216 215.5 217 217.5 216.5 215 215 (216.07) -3.29

Week 24- 215.5 X X 217 215.8 216.8 217.4 (216.5) +0.43......................(217.51 lbs) -2.2 lbs

Week 25- 215.5 217 216 217 217.6 217.8 215.8 (216.67) +0.17

Week 26- 218.2 X 219 217.8 219.2 218.2 X (218.5) +1.81

Week 27- 217 216.6 216 216.6 217 217.8 219 (217.14) -1.36

Week 28- 217.6 217 216.6 216.6 217 217.6 217 (217.06) -0.08.............(217.34) -0.2 lbs

Week 29- 216.2 216.8 214.6 215.8 215.8 216.2 216.2 (215.9) -1.12

Week 30- 215.4 214.8 213 213.6 215 218.5 215.1 (215.1) -0.8

Week 31- 214 216.2 215.4 214.8 214.4 214.8 215.8 (215.06) -0.04

Week 32- 217 216.6 216.2 216.6 216.6 216.2 217.4 (216.7) +1.6...........(215.69) -1.63

Week 33- 216 214.4 215.6 216.2 216.2 X 215.4 (215.6) -1.1

Week 34- 215.6 216.2 214.8 216.2 215.2 214.8 216.4 (215.6) -0

Week 35- 217 X 215.8 215.8 216 215 214.6 (215.7) +0.1

Week 36- 215.4 215.6 216 216.8 215.2 215.4 213.8 (215.5) -0.24..........(215.6) -0.09

Week 37- 216.8 215.4 X X X X X Vacation....

Week 38- X X X X X X X Vactaion.....

Week 39- X X X X 216.4 214.6 215 (215.6) +0.1

(I went on vacation and took 4 days off plan and it took all that time

to get back to my previous baseline! I decided to pick up where I

left off. The highest weight when I got back was 223 pounds!)

Week 40- 216.6 216.4 216.2 217 217 216.4 215.4 (216.43) +0.83

Week 41- 215.4 216.4 216.2 X 216.6 X 216.6 (216.24) -0.19

Week 42- 215.4 215.6 215.4 215.4 214.8 216 216 (215.51) -0.73.........(215.94) +0.35

(Wk 42 on Thurs Aug 15th started exercising)

Week 43- 215.4 215 215.8 X X 214.2 214.2 (214.92) -0.59

Week 44- 212.6 213.4 213.2 214 215 X 215.8 (214) -0.92

Week 45- 215 215.2 X 213.2 213.2 214 214.8 (214.23) +0.23

Week 46- X 214.4 215 216.6 217.8 216.4 214.2 (215.73) +1.50.………(214.72) -1.23

Week 47- 215.2 216 X X 215.8 214.6 214.6 (215.24) -0.49

Week 48- 213.6 214 215.4 213.2 213.2 215 214.2 (214.09) -1.33

Week 49- 213 211.8 212 212.2 213 212.4 213 (212.49) -1.60

Week 50- 212.8 212.6 212.6 212.4 212.6 212.8 212.6 (212.63) +0.14.…(213.61)-1.11

Week 51- 212.4

MIW
Old 10-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Great job MIW! You should definitely feel proud!
I am slowly losing. I am at 139.2 today. That's about .8 loss since last week. I notice the scale seems to bounce around a bit. I'll be really low one day day and then bounce up a pound or two, then start coming back down and end up at a new low. In the past that would have discouraged me and I would never have stuck with it to see the weight come back down to a new low. But, after studying MIW's weight list, I realize she does the same thing some weeks. I just keep telling myself "This is working, just keep going."

Yesterday, my meal looked like this
3:30 (up too early!) coffee and cream
5:30: chicken casserole, green beans, celery with peanut butter, greek yogurt, 1/2 slice cake roll, 1 slice caramel cake with coffee and cream
Old 10-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Today's BB at 9 a.m.: 2 mango, tri tip sandwich, raw veggies with dip, 2 lg. cookies, coffee with heavy cream and splenda
Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
Any scientific reason why the large protein meal early in the morning helps?
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Read the Big Breakfast Diet. Dr. Jacobowitz is a doctor in endocrinology and is very knowledgeable in this. She states that the protein in the morning starts your body burning at least 30-40% more calories than if eaten in then evening.