Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
CALORIE COUNTING CHALLENGE FOR APRIL

ALL & everyone are invited to this weight loss challenge.Set your goals & track them daily,weekly or whatever. Good luck & success at that this challenge.

Use this template below & copy and paste it. Just copy & paste the first week,than add each week as we go along so the post aren't too long. The first line is your goal weight.

APRIL GOAL

Week One
Monday 4-1
Tuesday 4-2
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6

Week Two
Sunday 4-7
Monday 4-8
Tuesday 4-9
Wednesday 4-10
Thursday 4-11
Friday 4-12
Saturday 4-13

Week Three
Sunday 4-14
Monday 4-15
Tuesday 4-16
Wednesday 4-17
Thursday 4-18
Friday 4-19
Saturday 4-20

Week Four
Sunday 4-21
Monday 4-22
Tuesday 4-23
Wednesday 4-24
Thursday 4-25
Friday 4-26
Saturday 4-27

(hope I did this right! If not, you can FIRE me...lol!)
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Don't have a very positive outlook for losing weight anymore... But I will give the calorie counting another try.

APRIL GOAL:

Week One
Monday 4-1
Tuesday 4-2
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6
Low Carb Librarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Don't have a very positive outlook for losing weight anymore... But I will give the calorie counting another try.

APRIL GOAL:

Week One
Monday 4-1
Tuesday 4-2
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6
LCL...Glad to see you join us in April! Please note how well Joannew and Wukong do with adding exercise. I'm not such a hot example because of my age, I have a longer time for my bod to repair. If I ignore letting my bod repair and heal, the scale stays up with repairing water weight.

If you haven't yet, go to livestrong.com, click on Weight Loss, then My Plate. You can enter your info and find out how many calories you should be eating to lose one pound/wk or two/pounds/wk <- whichever you enter. However, I do believe that does include exercise. Although it doesn't say that, I have been a former member and as I recall that was the expectation.

OTOH, don't know how helpful that is if one is on JUDDD.

Sharon
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

I was on JUDDD. I was on Low Carb. I have done spans of calorie counting.
I have livestrong and at least 5 other fitness counting apps...

I am still fat...

I was going to the gym. I am going to start going back in the mornings, I guess. I work long hours and come home to grumpy people and a dirty house.

I know I could lose weight if I stuck to something... But I am so depressed about my life that I fail over and over again. My "husband" hasn't worked in over 4 yrs and I have everything on my back.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

LCL

I would suggest deciding on some WOE, count your calories, and exercise a few times a week. Exercise does help with depression.

Did you like either JUDD or Atkins? You have to choose something you'll be happy with and if something doesn't work then try something different. Wukong and I are doing the Low-Glycemic-Index Diet (he does better than I do ) while Joannew does LC plus exercise. We all blow it once in awhile, but get right back on track again. <- That's important.

You do have a lot on your plate, but hopefully we can all work together to help you. Just don't let yourself get stressed out if the scale moves up and down as this is natural.

Remember YOU are important!

God Bless!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry to spill my guts... There was a lot more, but I wiped some up...
Old 03-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sometimes that helps.

Let's just look forward even though at times it's tough to do so!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
LCB, sorry to hear you have so much to deal with. Sometimes we just have to find the right moment to start and then the motivation clicks in. Depression sucks. The sunshine and warmer weather seems to have given me a big push. I am not saying you are medically depressed, but even the blues can be helped with some extra bits of the omegas. Cod fish oil seems to work the best for me.

My plan is basically Atkins with some of the 17-day diet wisdom built. What I like of the later is the emphasis on 17 minutes of exercise. It's not a lot, but it's something I can commit to and feel good about acheiving, just by walking, even though small. I like the start the day with hot water and lemon and as the day goes on three cups of green tea. Oddly in the three days I have started the day that way, I have drunk no coffee for the first time in 30 years, I am guessing. Yes, I know I am getting caffeine for the GT, but the point for me is that I have done something I never managed before. I am also giving up alcohol, for good. I know it's not likely forever, as I made the promise before, but for the foreseeable future. I feel some confidence about that as I know how much better I will feel. (I don't know if you drink, but alcohol can really depress and slow down the weight loss.) This is not a script for you, but just a bit of the way of saying . . . find the right day to start, plan a bit ahead so the pieces are in order, and then dive in. And of course ask for and give support. Sending you an extra dose of love.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
Good morning everyone!!

Well here I am, weighing in at 15 pounds heavier than March 1st, but I guess this princess will have to suck it up and start working a little harder, starting with a few days of meat and egg fast to dump all this water out of my body, I look like a darn puffer fish

APRIL GOAL To work my way back down as close as possible to my lowest weight so I can actually start losing real weight again!

Week One
Monday 4-1-------182.2
Tuesday 4-2
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6

LCL... to the group! I read your comments and I am sorry you have to go through all this

Bella...

Maryann...Joanne...Sharon...Wukong...Dianda...Erin
Old 04-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rgr8e
Stats: 193/164.4/145 (5' 6")
WOE: LC & monitor calories
Start Date: Sept 1, 2011
Rooting for you LCL. Just the fact that u r on here speaks volumes. Don't give up!

I will start tomorrow. Giving myself a day's grace

APRIL GOAL

Week One
Monday 4-1
Tuesday 4-2
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6
rgr8e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Goal for April: Just to start doing something! (But 5 pounds would be nice too)

Monday, 4/1: 183.8
Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

On the treadmill as I type this. Hoping to have a great April!
Finally weighed myself today and I have gained almost 15 pounds since I fell off all my plans around the Holidays last year.
It was painful to put down that number... But it had to be done. Forward and downward!

Thank you for all the encouragement !
Old 04-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Calorie Busting Team!

February 1st = 133.5 ====== March 1st = 128.5
March 1st ===128.5 =======April 1st ==125.5

MARCH GOAL...123.5 pounds Course I didn't make it as I copied everyones else's goal.
APRIL GOAL..…122 pounds

Saturday….....3-2…...128.5 Lost 1 lb this week.
Saturday........3-9......128.5 Maintained this week.
Saturday........3-16....126.5 Lost 2 lbs this week.
Saturday….....3-23.…125.5 Lost 1 lb this week.
Saturday……..3-30….125 Lost .5 lb this week
Ok, not the best, but I'll take it.

------------------------------------------------

April 1 - April 6
Week One

Monday 4-1.........125.5 Stubborn Bod!
Tuesday 4-2
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6

rgr8e

Wukong... Way to Go for March Loss!

Erika and LCL...Right on! You're both MOVING FORWARD! Be easy and loving to yourselves.

Joannew...Erin...Maryann...Hope

(Is Bella joining us? I think she just posted to support LCL. ???)

Last edited by Sharss; 04-01-2013 at 08:59 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
LCB, sorry to hear you have so much to deal with. Sometimes we just have to find the right moment to start and then the motivation clicks in. Depression sucks. The sunshine and warmer weather seems to have given me a big push. I am not saying you are medically depressed, but even the blues can be helped with some extra bits of the omegas. Cod fish oil seems to work the best for me.

My plan is basically Atkins with some of the 17-day diet wisdom built. What I like of the later is the emphasis on 17 minutes of exercise. It's not a lot, but it's something I can commit to and feel good about acheiving, just by walking, even though small. I like the start the day with hot water and lemon and as the day goes on three cups of green tea. Oddly in the three days I have started the day that way, I have drunk no coffee for the first time in 30 years, I am guessing. Yes, I know I am getting caffeine for the GT, but the point for me is that I have done something I never managed before. I am also giving up alcohol, for good. I know it's not likely forever, as I made the promise before, but for the foreseeable future. I feel some confidence about that as I know how much better I will feel. (I don't know if you drink, but alcohol can really depress and slow down the weight loss.) This is not a script for you, but just a bit of the way of saying . . . find the right day to start, plan a bit ahead so the pieces are in order, and then dive in. And of course ask for and give support. Sending you an extra dose of love.
Thank you for sharing, Bella. Wonderful Post!

I know you said you weren't following 17 Day Diet totally, but I checked it out and it looks awesome and so many have gotten good results with it. If my last 5 pounds are going to be too stubborn, I may try it.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dianda
Stats: 145/121/115; 5'3''
Start Date: November 2012
Ladies and gentleman, look who's back! LOL

I'm sorry I didn't keep up with the thread, but my computer got attacked by something like 40 different viruses and I had to take it to the computer doctor, poor thing In the meantime I've reached my goal weight (115 YAY!) but after a week of carb-fest I've puffed up to my HIGHEST WEIGHT. This is crazy.

I'm done with the weight loss part but I want to shed this water pounds... I guess I'll keep updating weekly
dianda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/150/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
APRIL GOAL=152

Week One
Monday 4-1-157
Tuesday 4-2
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6

Hi guys! Still hanging in there by the skin of my teeth. I was in a real Holiday eating mood this weekend. I enjoyed myself Sat. night and for Easter Dinner yesterday. Ate stuff I am not used to eating and too much of it. It was all yummy but getting back on track today sucks!!

Too many carbs make me feel as if I'm starving. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my happy place.

I posted what my weight was Saturday AM so it could be a big fat lie. I'll put the actualy in tomorrow morning.
Erin57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sorry, but this is just cracking me up! Good to see you Librarian.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin57 View Post
Sorry, but this is just cracking me up! Good to see you Librarian.
Thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wukong
WOE: low-glycemic diet plan
Start Date: Jan. 12th, 2013
April goal is to get to or below 180.
Weight loss started Jan. 12th at 212lbs. April 1st started at 187.2

Week One
Sunday 3/31 185.2
Monday 4/1 187.2
Tuesday 4/2
Wednesday 4/3
Thursday 4/4
Friday 4/5
Saturday 4/6

Boy that Easter potluck & later all-you-can eat buffet with the family was tough to resist :] To be fair I did resist some but have no idea how many calories I ate but enough to add a couple pounds overnight.

Wow, so many people checking in for this month, glad to see! Librarian welcome, it's good to be with others that have similar goals. I also was dealing with depression due to my wife leaving me last Oct. for another guy and started taking testosterone shots and diet & exercise and though I'm not quite there I am feeling a lot better about myself and how I feel. Weight loss is such a slow process to see much change as the fat comes off the whole body, arms, legs, face, not just the belly so 10 or even 20 lbs doesn't seem so noticable. I use a scale that measures % of body fat, muscle, visceral fat, BMI and calculated age. For me, seeing slight improvement helps motivate me to continue. I want to see my calculated age reflect my true age or even go below that (started at age 69, now at 58, actual age is 53)!

Calorie counting is an important part of losing weight. Last year I tried to lose weight by doing 2 months of the Power 90 program but didn't change my diet and didn't lose anything though I got stronger. I started calorie counting in Janurary and am doing probably 1/2 or less of what I exercised back on the Power 90 program and have lost weight so much faster. Diet without exercise will cause a decline in muscle weight with minimal fat loss, so getting the heart rate elevated for a minimal of 15 minutes 3 times a week is a huge help to burning fat while keeping muscle. Add in strength exercises for arms, mid, legs periodically throughout the week. A good scale will tell you if you're maintaining muscle while losing fat. Likely already aware of this :]

Also, now that I don't consume refined sugars / pastries / soft drinks and eat healthier foods I have more energy, breathe better without congestion, and haven't had a seasonal cold or flu. Though Thursday it felt like I was getting a cold, had some chest congestion but doesn't seem to be progressing into a full blown cold - weird. Also, usually have allergies from Feb. thru August but that too hasn't surfaced as of yet. Lots of benefits of being in shape so please everyone keep at it!

I hope I didn't step on any toes as I'm pretty much a newb at dieting but thought I'd share what I learned that's helped me.
"The foundation for a successful weight loss program remains a combination of a healthy diet and exercise customized for you. Simply reducing food intake to lose weight can lead to a decline in muscle mass and bone density. So even though your weight goes down, your resting metabolism is reduced making the body more prone to putting on fat. More skeletal muscle can prevent "rebound" weight gain."
Wukong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:55 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
Good morning all!

Day one of operation carb dump completed, didn't do as good eating wise as I wanted to, but at least I wasn't out of control so that's good...moving on to day two...

APRIL GOAL To work my way back down as close as possible to my lowest weight so I can actually start losing real weight again!

Week One
Monday 4-1-------182.2
Tuesday 4-2------178.4
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6

rgr8e... to the group!

Sharon...That half pound is just teasing the heck out of you!!!

Maryann...Wukong...Dianda...Erin...Joanne...LCL
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:35 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

to rgr8e and Bella!

((((LCL)))) You can brain dump all you want here! Thanks for wiping up the excess! Just hang in there and keep trying....persistence and consistence is the key!!!

APRIL GOAL To reach my FINAL GOAL of 128#
Week One
Monday 4-1-------DNW
Tuesday 4-2------132.8
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6
Sharss....Maryann...Wukong...Dianda...Erin.. .Joanne...Erika!!! (good to see you and look at the whoosh right away! YOU GO GIRL!)

Hope everyone has a great day! STAY FOCUSED!!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:25 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Hadn't dared to get on the scale for a couple of months and was shocked to see how much I had gained. Now I'm back on track thanks to this challenge and looking forward to perhaps slow but steady loss. Have a great day everyone!

APRIL GOAL: 159

Week One
Monday 4-1
Tuesday 4-2: 164.4
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6
Old 04-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

APRIL GOAL=150

Week One
Monday 4-1=157
Tuesday 4-2=156.4

Good morning all. The scale was kind this morning. Changed my goal for April to 150. I think it's doable.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Goal for April: Just to start doing something! (But 5 pounds would be nice too)

Monday, 4/1: 183.8
Tuesday, 4/2: 181.4
Old 04-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Stayed under my calories yesterday... Went to the gym this morning.
Day 2!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wukong
WOE: low-glycemic diet plan
Start Date: Jan. 12th, 2013
April goal is to get to or below 180.
Weight loss started Jan. 12th at 212lbs. April 1st started at 187.2

Week One
Sunday 3/31 185.2
Monday 4/1 187.2
Tuesday 4/2 184.8
Wednesday 4/3
Thursday 4/4
Friday 4/5
Saturday 4/6

Congrats to all of us overnight losers, Librarian, Erin, & Erika - nice start to the month!
Wukong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

HI again!

You'll never guess who won First Place in the Weight Loss Challenge at work!
Yep...that would be MOI!!! I won $50.00 and I lost 15.4#. Just had to toot my horn a bit!!! Now to MAINTAIN...but I HAVE to...I bought a bunch of smaller size clothes!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
HI again!

You'll never guess who won First Place in the Weight Loss Challenge at work!
Yep...that would be MOI!!! I won $50.00 and I lost 15.4#. Just had to toot my horn a bit!!! Now to MAINTAIN...but I HAVE to...I bought a bunch of smaller size clothes!!!

OH JOANNEW! WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU!

Would we never guess? I wouldn't go that far to say that as we KNEW how great you've been doing!

Your Post actually made me tear up for happiness for you!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

ALL!

Yesterday was my day to shake up bod. Ate over 1900 calories. Course eating that late lunch at Sharis's helped - 970 cal plus all that butter. Then with a lousy night sleep, I figured weight would really be up, but with a late weigh-in after morning sleep, it's the same. Bet it'll catch up tomorrow.

April 1 - April 6
Week One

Monday 4-1.........125.5 Stubborn Bod!
Tuesday 4-2……....125.5
Wednesday 4-3
Thursday 4-4
Friday 4-5
Saturday 4-6

Gosh! What an awesome April start for ALL of you!

Update:
...Yesterday I went to my chiropractor due to the hip pain again and EVERYTHING was misaligned again with the addition of my left knee out. Why? Had to be due to my beloved Callanetics as that's when the hip pain came back. So no more of that.

What happens when bod is misaligned for years is that the bod comes to think of that as normal until symptoms of misalignment cry out. So it appears I'll have to be careful until bod adjusts and becomes stronger in the real norm.

Doc told me to rest for a few days so that's what I'm doing and will slowly get back to exercising. I'm going to get Leslie Sansone walking video and start with that hopefully tomorrow if I can find the video. I'll add Kelly's cardio and body sculpt next week.

Advice to others: if you're ever going to a chiropractor, go to one who practices Kinetic type/body in balance. There is a difference.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Congratulations, Joannew! Phenomenal!!!

Feel better, Sharon, take care of that hip.

Here's to a good tomorrow for all!