Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JQuintero
Stats: 268/206/?
WOE: LFL
Start Date: Every morning
LFL Weekly Thread for 3/25/2013

Where is everyone?
JQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Skyleysmom
Stats: 152/139/135
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuintero View Post
Where is everyone?
I'm here! Awfully quiet around here
How are you doing Joann?
Skyleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Hello I am here
I'm a newbie, but I love forums and the support!!
I would love to do a daily weigh-in if you guys are in?
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I weigh in daily at the clinic. I'm trying to remeber to record the weight every day!

Nashua is having free shipping on orders over $49 with the code EASTER10 . Normally its free shipping on orders over $99. Anything below $99 is only $5.95 which isn't bad to begin with. Hubby and I really liked their Protidiet pizza. We need to order a few more boxes because this will become a staple on protein days.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1 View Post
Hello I am here
I'm a newbie, but I love forums and the support!!
I would love to do a daily weigh-in if you guys are in?
Hi Angie and ! I'll weigh in daily (or almost daily as I remember!) This board can be pretty quiet but I usually check it out for activity daily and if you are posting, I will post too. I love the support of forums too

I am going on to lifetime after this next week! I would still like to lose about 5-6 more pounds, but I don't think I will get another program. If I am lifetime I can still go to clinic and have the injections and my BMI is good, so I think I will save the money and see how I go. I'm so proud of myself! I have been struggling to lost this weight for 3 years, since I turned 40. Amazing how the body changes. I was doing weight watchers the whole time and just couldn't handle the freedom. LFL did it in 8 weeks! Yay!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyleysmom View Post
Hi Angie and ! I'll weigh in daily (or almost daily as I remember!) This board can be pretty quiet but I usually check it out for activity daily and if you are posting, I will post too. I love the support of forums too

I am going on to lifetime after this next week! I would still like to lose about 5-6 more pounds, but I don't think I will get another program. If I am lifetime I can still go to clinic and have the injections and my BMI is good, so I think I will save the money and see how I go. I'm so proud of myself! I have been struggling to lost this weight for 3 years, since I turned 40. Amazing how the body changes. I was doing weight watchers the whole time and just couldn't handle the freedom. LFL did it in 8 weeks! Yay!!!
Wow that is sooo inspiring!!! Congrats on reaching lifetime!! I have done weight watchers one too many times. I always start it, lose about 15 lbs and then quit because of falling off the wagon. I am doing LFL from the book because I live in Canada and there are no clinics here . It sounds super healthy and I really want to lose about 30 lbs for the summer!

Last edited by angie1; 03-29-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow that is sooo inspiring!!! Congrats on reaching lifetime!! I have done weight watchers one too many times. I always start it, lose about 15 lbs and then quit because of falling off the wagon. I am doing LFL from the book because I live in Canada and there are no clinics here . It sounds super healthy and I really want to lose about 30 lbs for the summer!
Thanks! I'm really excited!

You can do it!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

You weigh a lot less than me and lost the weight so fast!
How long do you think it will take to lose 30 lbs with this plan? I currently weigh 178 (and lost 4 lbs after my first protein day!!)

This plan sounds too good to be true I am really excited! Except that my first Weight loss day will be on Easter Sunday and I will have to eat at my boyfriend's parents house (eek)
Old 03-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
You weigh a lot less than me and lost the weight so fast!
How long do you think it will take to lose 30 lbs with this plan? I currently weigh 178 (and lost 4 lbs after my first protein day!!)

This plan sounds too good to be true I am really excited! Except that my first Weight loss day will be on Easter Sunday and I will have to eat at my boyfriend's parents house (eek)
It comes off faster when you have more to lose. My BMI was at the high side of healthy when I started so it took some time and I was only losing 1-3 lbs per week and I had a little plateau. With exercise you could certainly do it by summer! I lost the most my first week and the last 5 have come off pretty slowly.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have done weight watchers one too many times. I always start it, lose about 15 lbs!
Story of my life. I did the vicious WW cycle 3 times. I'd lose enough to get that charm and then just stall out. I also felt I had too much freedom on WW.

A good 6 years ago there was this place called Healthy Inspirations (think they are only in NZ) which was basically a Curves and Lindora (no injections but very strict eating guidelines) in one. It took a year to get 50 lbs off. The weight slowly came back because I didn't understand "maintance". I was so sad they no longer existed. When I went in to get info on Lindora and learned how the program works I was sold.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

This is so great to hear success on LFL!

I was wondering how many calories do you guys eat per day? I know you are supposed to stay within 50-100 g carbs for weight loss, but I don't remember the book saying the amount of calories to have

Today I had about 10 protein servings and it equaled around 1150 calories, yesterday was around 900 calories. I guess it will be more in Weight Loss Phase
Old 03-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I don't count calories. I like to keep things simple. I only keep track of things in my Lindora Daily Action PLanner. I don't bother with relogging things. I figure as long as I'm losing and following their plan - why bother.

I know that once you go into lifetime "they" want you to transition from counting carbs to calories. There is a page in the daily action planner and I think in the book that has suggested calorie intake based on gender/weight for when one gets there.

In the clinic they really stress keeping to 50-60g carbs while weight loss and 80-100 once you hit metabolic unless you have some medical condition
Old 03-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusflwr
Stats: 233/186/135
WOE: Lean for Life
Start Date: 2/2/13
Just wanted to say Hi! Sorry to be MIA. We are making a cross - country move this coming week and a bit overwhelming! DH is on kidney dialysis, so had to make arrangements to stop along the way. But all is good! Still on plan and doing good I will check back in once we get settled!

Take care everyone and Happy Easter if you celebrate
cactusflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Okay thats good to know that theres no actual counting calories -- just servings and carbs (which is calorie controlled in the end). I prefer to track my meals on an online calorie counting site because its much easier and then the carbs are automatically counted for me.

On a good note ... I lost another 1.2 lbs today!! A total of 5.4 in two days (wow incredible!!!) . I actually feel like I will reach my goal by summer-- I am so excited

Do you guys lose a little weight every day with this plan?

Happy Easter everyone!!!

Last edited by angie1; 03-30-2013 at 06:20 AM..
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Okay thats good to know that theres no actual counting calories -- just servings and carbs (which is calorie controlled in the end). I prefer to track my meals on an online calorie counting site because its much easier and then the carbs are automatically counted for me.

On a good note ... I lost another 1.2 lbs today!! A total of 5.4 in two days (wow incredible!!!) . I actually feel like I will reach my goal by summer-- I am so excited

Do you guys lose a little weight every day with this plan?

Happy Easter everyone!!!
I find that for the most part I do lose a little every day when I stick to it, but there is such a thing as plateaus and that's what the plateau menu is for. I had a hard time doing the plateau menu though, too much whitefish and spinach!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyleysmom View Post
I find that for the most part I do lose a little every day when I stick to it, but there is such a thing as plateaus and that's what the plateau menu is for. I had a hard time doing the plateau menu though, too much whitefish and spinach!
If I lose even .1 of a lb per day I will be ecstatic ! I was reading the plateau chapter in the book , but it doesn't specify how many days is considered a plateau.

How many days do you have to stay at the same weight until its considered a plateau and you have to do the plateau menu?

I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I love to be prepared -- because staying at the same weight in a huge factor is the past to just quit ! ( not this time!! )
Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
If I lose even .1 of a lb per day I will be ecstatic ! I was reading the plateau chapter in the book , but it doesn't specify how many days is considered a plateau.

How many days do you have to stay at the same weight until its considered a plateau and you have to do the plateau menu?

I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I love to be prepared -- because staying at the same weight in a huge factor is the past to just quit ! ( not this time!! )
This is copied from a Lindora hand out..

WHAT IS A PLATEAU

*A plateau is a short period of time, usually one to seven days, during which your body will temporarily resist losing weight, even though you are in ketosis.

WHAT CAUSES PLATEAUS

*Plateaus may be the result of water retention
*Plateaus may occur when an individual's body returns to a weight (former weight or set-point) to which the body is accustomed. The body achieves a "comfort zone" that is strives to maintain

A true plateau occurs only when you are in ketosis and are temporarily not losing weight.

Use the plateau menu for no more than three days, or until you "break" your plateau by losing 1 1/2 pounds or more, whichever comes first.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
In clinic, my experience has been that if you are at the same weight (even if the ounces change but the digit in the "ones spot" does not) after 2-3 days they will break out the plateau menu.

It doesn't HAVE to be only white fish and spinach but "they" claim that will get you the best results. I normally will have a spinach/lettuce salad with tuna for lunch and have tilapia for dinner. I don't even bother with cooked spinach anymore...ick!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys!!!!

That really helps! -- wow I can't believe they call a plateau 2-3 days lol (compared to WW 2-3 weeks!!!)

Yesterday night I didn't stick to plan because I had family over ..feeling quite guilty today. And today I have my easter dinner.

With all this new information, and nothing really going on for the next 2 months -- I am going to realllly commit for 2 months (April-May) to get this weight off for good!

Have a great day!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks guys!!!!

That really helps! -- wow I can't believe they call a plateau 2-3 days lol (compared to WW 2-3 weeks!!!)

Yesterday night I didn't stick to plan because I had family over ..feeling quite guilty today. And today I have my easter dinner.

With all this new information, and nothing really going on for the next 2 months -- I am going to realllly commit for 2 months (April-May) to get this weight off for good!

Have a great day!
I blew it last night too, Angie and was up about .5. Were you up on the scale today? Tomorrow is my weigh in, I really need to drop a pound today!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Yes I was up 2 lbs on the scale -- my body retains water like crazy when I eat carbs/sugar.

You can definitely lose the .5 lb ! lots of water, and less carbs

checking in after Easter Dinner . Totally blew it -- ate pretty much everything. so much for sticking to turkey and vegetables

Tomorrow is April 1st, and I promised myself that I would STICK to the plan and exercising for 2 months no matter what! (I will call this week the trail run lol)
Old 03-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rachlval
WOE: Lean for Life, clean eating
Hello all! I'm back from LA on Thursday & while there I visited the clinic & bought a lot of LINDORA food products. I didn't stay on the plan well, & was off again today for Easter. And I'm up 3 pounds! Grrrr! But I can only blame myself. So tomorrow I'm back at it! Since I've been off the plan for almost a week, do you think I can hold off on the metabolic adjustment phase? Happy Easter to all who celebrate it!
Rachlval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Easter weekend is finally over! -- Time to get serious and commit! Gained back everything I lost before the weekend -- but I am ready for the next 2 months to do whatever it takes and stay on plan
Old 04-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Easter weekend is finally over! -- Time to get serious and commit! Gained back everything I lost before the weekend -- but I am ready for the next 2 months to do whatever it takes and stay on plan
I put about 2 back on too Need to do 3 protein days to get back in Ketosis. Oh well! Back to the old drawing board!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

day 1/3 protein days done!! Wasn't hungry at all today, I always find day 3 is the hardest. On to tomorrow