Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Our Own Plan And Binging/Night Eating Syndrome (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/799468-our-own-plan-binging-night-eating-syndrome.html)

Beeb 03-15-2013 09:04 AM

Our Own Plan And Binging/Night Eating Syndrome

So I decided I wanted to start a diet thread for those of us who are trying different approaches to losing weight while also struggling with an Binging or Night Eating Syndrome issue. There are no structured rules or forbidden foods, but having a stop time to eating will be a great idea to help with the binging/night eating issue.

I am loosely counting calories, trying to stay under 1600/1700 and some days going around 1200, not necessarily LC but lower in carbs than regular eating would be, and setting a time at night that I MUST stop eating which for me is 8 PM, eating better with more veggies and fruit, and moving more when I can.

I need support of like minded people but no forum on our beloved LCFs fits the needs I have right now for idea/suggestions/advice for losing weight that is not within a structured plan (which is what I'm doing, non-structured) AND the need to have support/understanding/ideas with my eating issue.

Please join me if you are looking for the same as mentioned above. We can have a "What are you eating today", how many calories did you eat today, ideas and tools for mastering our food issues, and any other sub-threads that might be of help to everyone!

Hope to see you soon............:high5: Linda

Beeb 03-15-2013 09:09 AM

My Thoughts About ME Today

What are you thoughts about how you are approaching your weight loss/maintenance, and food issues today?

I am counting calories today, and looking to stay below 1600. I am hungry today, though and I know that if I make myself wait to eat I will want to eat all night long so I've been eating when I really want to eat. The last 2 days were low hunger days and I went with how I was feeling. Today I feel different but will still be "aware" of my eating and hunger.

Not eating at night is hard. I struggle everyday but I have 4 days under my belt so far since I decided to have a cut off time of 8 PM. Last night was the hardest night, but I made it through. I am finding having a cup of decaf coffee helps a lot! :up:

Dottie 03-15-2013 12:28 PM

I have the same problem with night time "binges".
If I don't eat, I don't have the problem. But if I have a snack after dinner, then I can't seem to get enough.
I know it's "head hunger".
It's not a particular food - or craving, lack of a specific food, etc - that sets it off. It's any food after dinner.
I can't "have a little something".
I do wonder if it's a chemical reaction in the brain that causes it.
Right now, for me, any structured plan that says you can't have something seems to make it worse.
So I'm going to re-boot and take charge.

Beeb 03-15-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16317935)
I have the same problem with night time "binges".
If I don't eat, I don't have the problem. But if I have a snack after dinner, then I can't seem to get enough.
I know it's "head hunger".
It's not a particular food - or craving, lack of a specific food, etc - that sets it off. It's any food after dinner.
I can't "have a little something".
I do wonder if it's a chemical reaction in the brain that causes it.
Right now, for me, any structured plan that says you can't have something seems to make it worse.
So I'm going to re-boot and take charge.

Good to see you here! I too believe it's a chemical reaction and I'm trying very hard to NOT take meds for this! There has got to be a way to do a good eating plan without that plan eating us! :doh::stars::down:

Dottie 03-15-2013 12:41 PM

I have found that the Relora seems to help, a lot.. when I remember to take it :laugh:
So much trial and error to find what works for us as individuals.

Quote:

What are you thoughts about how you are approaching your weight loss/maintenance, and food issues today?
I know I have to stop "dieting" because it's messing with my head. Seems silly on a weight loss support site to say that, but that's the way it is :laugh:
I do think IF works well for me, and I want to eventually get back to a routine with JUDDD (or a juddd type plan), but I need to get my "game" together first.

Erika1962 03-15-2013 02:09 PM

Can I join you guys :) I have the same problem, the night time "binging". After successfully losing 90 pounds last year my body/mind have finally turned on me and are punishing me with with just wanting to eat anything and everything in sight. Although I mostly crave sugar and starch, once I get started it pretty much doesn't matter what it is, as long as I can chew it.
This has been going on for over six months now and it is a miracle that I have not gained all my weight back because most of my binges are in excess of 4000 calories, and not just one day either, I go on for days until I finally snap out of it. Then I control myself for a few days, get the few pounds off, then just start all over again stuffing myself. I spent hundreds of dollars on supplements that supposed to control cravings/appetite, waiting yet on ANOTHER shipment from swanson's and even made a doctors appointment to have myself checked out from head to toe. I am at wits end!!!
Right now I am counting calories and am trying to stay under 1600/1700, also avoiding anything refined and processed (when I can control myself).

Dottie 03-15-2013 03:54 PM

Hi Erika:)

I decided one thing I am going to do is an old "diet" thing: keep celery, carrot and bell pepper strips cut and ready to munch on.
I think salty foods are a real trigger for me, so if I absolutely need something after dinner, I'm going to stick to the old veggies.
Also, because I am not a breakfast eater, on days when I just can't force myself to eat breakfast, I'm going to have a protein shake (casien and almond milk).

Beeb 03-15-2013 08:34 PM

:welcome: Erika and so glad you came on board! We all understand the problem with food we have but not always HOW to get rid of this issue. I'm hoping all of us can give each other a hand here, plus get ideas for a WOE that will fit each of us!! :high5:

I am finding that not eating after 8 PM is really working well for me and for some reason I'm not binging on food either during the day. PLUS I'm hungry now a lot sooner after waking and eating something, no matter how small seems to be working to helping me not eat at night.

The first couple of days I did eat more than I should have be then I decided to start counting calories again and it's really helping me to see that most of my calories were junk calories and I can get a lot of great, yummy and healthy food for the calories I was wasting on junk food. Sugar and salty, mostly salty foods are my triggers also and I am staying away from them during dinner time. My DH just told me a of a study that was done on Lay's chips and how the makers researched the exact combo of potato, salt and oil that would make their potato chips so hard to stop eating once we start. I truly believe that junk food is manufactured so that it causes a chemical reaction in us to want more. Yes carbs are a big part of this, but so is the way junk food is made! :sick:

He made me think and I noticed that if I have chips with my sandwich at lunch I just want to keep eating more and more stuff after those chips!! :down: For now I've stopped eating salty type food until I can get a handle on my eating. And heaven forbid I have a salty carb at dinner! :stars::eek: I'm done for, 8 PM curfew or no!! :mad:

Together we can get a plan and a "fix" that may help all of us move ahead and be healthy and hopefully thinner, too! ;):up:

Beeb 03-15-2013 09:12 PM

I had a great day today and an even better night! I stopped at 7 PM today, and am now drinking my ice water with LOTS of lemon, which I'm finding I really like! :yummy:

I had about 1400 calories today and even though I knew I could have more I was happy/full and now I'm going to bed! AND I didn't want anything at all for a snack tonight at all when I saw 8 PM approaching, another new experience!! :up: The first 2 days of my 8 PM curfew I ate right up to the last minute but the last 2 days I actually stopped eating an hour or so before and didn't even think about the 8 PM curfew until it was well pass the time! I like that I'm not thinking of eating/food all the time, too! :D

I am finding that I am sometimes really hungry up until about 6 PM and then all of a sudden my hunger just seems to die off! I am also not eating as much as I usually do at my meals during the day, and not on purpose either it's just that I'm listening to the "I'm full" and moving away from the table as soon as I hear it now, and the snacking in between is WAY down, which I'm very surprised about. :confused::)

I am actually finding that eating breakfast or at least something about an hour after I get up is really helping! I never have eaten breakfast before either so it's a new thing for me. New good habits to replace the old yucky ones! :up:

Hoping the weekend is just as good! :up:

Beeb 03-16-2013 06:40 AM

Good Morning all!! Woke up with a 1.4 pound loss! :eek::clap: Not only that I was HUNGRY for breakfast! It's going to be a good day with this kind of start!!

Not being a breakfast eater I decided to have 2 pieces of bacon to start the day. I am thinking of making some of my days LC because it really is great for my Fibro when I don't do a lots of carbs. The problem with the LC/HF is it usually doesn't fill me up at all, never did and one of the rest I would over eat on LC foods when I was doing LC, and I'm always looking for more to eat within the hour of eating a LC/HF meal. Will be testing the waters today to see what happens eating LC/HF. :dunno:

I'm feeling pretty good about things, as a whole. It has been 5 days/4 nights with no binging or night eating and this is just a wonder to me! :jumpjoy: And the attitude of "one day at a time" is really helping, too. Not having a structured diet, just watching loosely my calories and NOT eating past 8 PM is working so far. AND the benefit that I'm finding truly amazing is how much my hunger is down since I started eating a little something in the morning. :yummy:

For some people these things I'm finding to do to help myself and my WOE are no brainers, but for me and my eating issues this is just wonderful! And I have faith that it will only get better! :up::aprayer:

Dotty, I love your idea of a protein shake in the morning! Do you have a good recipe for one? I made a pumpkin shake earlier in the week; pumpkin, flax milk, a bit of sweetener, cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp of Gluc to bind it all together. Very tasting and as I was drinking it I thought I should have put some protein powder in there! :doh: Next time! Your cut up veggies sound good too, and I love the fact that you are "thinking ahead" and an idea I think I'll "borrow"! ;)

Hope everyone is doing well and checks in to let us know! :hugs:

jiggles 03-16-2013 06:55 AM

:hiya:

I may be sliding on over here. I like the concept a lot. I know JUDDD and 5:2 have a lot of good benefits but I struggle with feeling like I'm starving on DDs. Obviously, I know I'm not truly "starving" but when I get really hungry I get annoyed that I have to push through and can't really eat until the next day. So, then I usually end up eating above the 500 calories which defeats the whole purpose.

I've said before that one day I would really love to do more of an intuitive eating style (I have several books along with Paul MCKenna's book). Just eat when I'm hungry and pay attention to when I get full. Several years ago I really focused on that and also did 20 min of HIIT training on the treadmill a few times a week and I lost 10 lbs in a month! That's the most I've lost in 1 month since I was in college. Sadly, I let myself slip into old habits again and never fully regained the control. But I would love to get back to that point again. What was actually kind of frustrating to me was the fact that I realized I didn't actually NEED as much food at one time as I thought. In fact, I found I was eating very small portions and felt full. It actually made me mad sometimes when I was eating something really yummy and was full after a few bites. I wanted more! But when I look at the thin people around me that aren't on "diets", that's how they eat. Just a little bit at a time and they're fine.

I also struggling with eating too much at night. I get these cravings and just dive head first into the chips or chocolate. I agree that there's something in them that makes us crave them. If I could get myself to stick to a stop eating time at night maybe that would help.

Dottie 03-16-2013 07:22 AM

Good morning:)

Linda I love love love Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein in Banana Cream flavor. That with 12oz of almond milk and a few ice cubes makes a great shake that tastes a lot like banana pudding :) I should probably add a bit more to it, like flax or something, but casein is more filling and stays with me longer than regular whey protein powders.

Jiggles welcome:)

Dottie 03-16-2013 07:23 AM

BTW the site will be down for maintenance in a little while so have a great day:)

Low Carb Friends - Announcements in Forum : Main Lowcarb Lobby

jeaniem 03-16-2013 07:44 AM

Hi Linda
I want to join you all here. Don't really have a plan in mind, maybe that is a good thing? I have found that the last few days that eating breakfast and having a later dinner is helping. I love the casein shakes as well and make all sorts of concoctions:p

jiggles 03-16-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16319046)
Good morning:)

Linda I love love love Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein in Banana Cream flavor. That with 12oz of almond milk and a few ice cubes makes a great shake that tastes a lot like banana pudding :) I should probably add a bit more to it, like flax or something, but casein is more filling and stays with me longer than regular whey protein powders.

Jiggles welcome:)

Thanks Dottie! That protein shake sounds yummy. I may have to try that brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16319047)
BTW the site will be down for maintenance in a little while so have a great day:)

Low Carb Friends - Announcements in Forum : Main Lowcarb Lobby

:cry:

Beeb 03-16-2013 09:45 AM

:welcome: Jiggles and Jean! So nice to have you guys here and hope we can all get pass our issues and onto a plan that works for us!! :clap:

Post often! Looking forward to hearing your idea, suggestions and experiences! :high5::hugs:

lisamt 03-16-2013 12:03 PM

I'm doing strict low carb for weight loss, but up until last week I was still eating too many calories at night and was tempted to binge on things like nuts or dark chocolate.

A couple of things have helped me with reducing the urge to overeat at night. I started taking pterostilbene during the day and changed my eating pattern to take in all my calories before 7:00 pm. Most of the time I don't even eat dinner now - just breakfast, lunch, and a snack. Yesterday I stopped eating at 4:00 pm and wasn't hungry until this morning!

I had terrible insomnia for months, and have been sleeping so much better the last few days. Some of the insomnia was due to worrying over my sick cat, who passed away from cancer on Monday, but I'm convinced the night eating did not help either.

tobelowcarber 03-16-2013 12:47 PM

Linda- thanks for starting this thread.

I would like to join as I struggle with binging. I am NOT a night binger but anytime during the day binger (pretty much only during PMS). I eat uncontrollable amount of food for about 2 weeks of every month. I then lose the weight and re-gain again and the cycle continues. If I start on carbs there is no going back. You can say I eat like a bulimic but I don't purge.
I am struggling right now and for the past 2 days I am just stuffing my body with food. I feel like I am in some kind of carb coma, I can't do anything.
I usually binge on yogurt, honey, nuts, bananas and eggs. Eating high protein and exercise does not seem to make any difference. The only thing that keeps me from binging is to stay away from the above mentioned foods, but I find it really challenging not to cave.

I am on JUDD and don't feel that JUDD made my binging any worst than before. I have this problem for years.

I am just going to have to cut the carbs and start fresh tomorrow.

I look forward to learning with you guys how to get a handle on binging.

Erika1962 03-16-2013 01:44 PM

Hello everyone and thanks for the warm welcome! And a :welcome: to everyone else that joined us!

Well my day yesterday didn't go as well, I did eat very healthy during the day and tried to eat a little something every few hours to avoid the night time graze but it did not work at all. By the time 7 pm came around it was all over with and just ate and ate and ate...
I realize that I have to get these carbs back out of my systems but that's all I seem to want, dry bread, crackers, more bread, then of course something sweet to finish. I am up 10 pounds from last Saturday so this has to stop, and it has to stop ASAP, I worked to hard on getting where I am today to just throw it all away! Today has been good so far, but it is early, it ususally kicks in around dusk...wondering if I am a vampire :hyst:

Beeb way to go on the loss! I wish I could get my mind set on an eating cut off window.

Dottie...I will try to follow your tip for tonight, cut up veggies, I went shopping today and stocked up, will cut up a big bowl and put in fridge for tonight.

I noticed that most of you guys are JUDDDers or former JUDDDers?...I did JUDDD from around June of last year til September then I had to stop because I developed the night time binging:confused:

Lisa...I am so sorry about your cat :hugs:

Beeb 03-16-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamt (Post 16319384)
I'm doing strict low carb for weight loss, but up until last week I was still eating too many calories at night and was tempted to binge on things like nuts or dark chocolate.

A couple of things have helped me with reducing the urge to overeat at night. I started taking pterostilbene during the day and changed my eating pattern to take in all my calories before 7:00 pm. Most of the time I don't even eat dinner now - just breakfast, lunch, and a snack. Yesterday I stopped eating at 4:00 pm and wasn't hungry until this morning!

I had terrible insomnia for months, and have been sleeping so much better the last few days. Some of the insomnia was due to worrying over my sick cat, who passed away from cancer on Monday, but I'm convinced the night eating did not help either.

:welcome: and so nice to see you here! You have some great idea about eating our calories during the day and this is exactly what I was told by my doctor and what I have read about binging/night eating syndrome. I am starting to see that I AM hungrier during the day now and my want for food is almost nothing at night! I like the way this feels but it is so strange to me, something I can get use to, though! :up: I almost feel "normal"! :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16319432)
Linda- thanks for starting this thread.

I would like to join as I struggle with binging. I am NOT a night binger but anytime during the day binger (pretty much only during PMS). I eat uncontrollable amount of food for about 2 weeks of every month. I then lose the weight and re-gain again and the cycle continues. If I start on carbs there is no going back. You can say I eat like a bulimic but I don't purge.
I am struggling right now and for the past 2 days I am just stuffing my body with food. I feel like I am in some kind of carb coma, I can't do anything.
I usually binge on yogurt, honey, nuts, bananas and eggs. Eating high protein and exercise does not seem to make any difference. The only thing that keeps me from binging is to stay away from the above mentioned foods, but I find it really challenging not to cave.

I am on JUDD and don't feel that JUDD made my binging any worst than before. I have this problem for years.

I am just going to have to cut the carbs and start fresh tomorrow.

I look forward to learning with you guys how to get a handle on binging.

:welcome: and I'm so glad found us!! My Doctor said hormones can play a big part in binging. It sounds like this could be what is happening to you. :console:

Several of us are finding that when we just "stop" dieting it gets better; when the restrictions are lifted we tend to not want what we couldn't have anymore. Even a "time to eat or not eat" can be a restriction, I have found. With my stop eating time at 8 PM I don't feel this way though and I think it's because I AM eating all my calories during the day and I'm just full at night now. And I don't have to wait for another 16 hours to eat, way into the next day/morning. I get up, I see if I'm hungry, I eat if I am, I wait if I'm not! :up: It's really freeing, let me tell you to listen to my hunger again! And I eat what I want, too. A big meal, a small meal, no meal, whatever! It's just grand, I feel! :D

Dottie 03-16-2013 03:10 PM

Well it's only 5pm here, and I feel like I'm finished with food for the night. I made an excellent spaghetti (if I do say so myself :laugh: ) and it was a late lunch. I'm still stuffed!
It's early. I do have some celery and red bell pepper strips ready to "fill in" if needed.
And some really good vanilla chai tea :)

jeaniem 03-16-2013 03:11 PM

I never thought I'd be happy to say that I ate a bag of microwave popcorn but I am!
I was getting that edgy want to eat carbs feeling and actually got in the car and drove over to the store fully intending to buy my choice of junk, but I once I got to the parking lot I couldn't go in to the store. Something just felt wrong and I felt some guilt which stopped me. I decided to get a coffee at Mcdonalds and come home and pop a bag of popcorn instead. At least it was the healthypop lite stuff ha ha! Ideally eating a low carb snack might have been the thing to do, but I have a feeling that would have not worked anyway. So maybe I had a CAD day?

tobelowcarber 03-16-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16319600)
Well it's only 5pm here, and I feel like I'm finished with food for the night. I made an excellent spaghetti (if I do say so myself :laugh: ) and it was a late lunch. I'm still stuffed!
It's early. I do have some celery and red bell pepper strips ready to "fill in" if needed.
And some really good vanilla chai tea :)

Sounds yummy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniem (Post 16319602)
I never thought I'd be happy to say that I ate a bag of microwave popcorn but I am!
I was getting that edgy want to eat carbs feeling and actually got in the car and drove over to the store fully intending to buy my choice of junk, but I once I got to the parking lot I couldn't go in to the store. Something just felt wrong and I felt some guilt which stopped me. I decided to get a coffee at Mcdonalds and come home and pop a bag of popcorn instead. At least it was the healthypop lite stuff ha ha! Ideally eating a low carb snack might have been the thing to do, but I have a feeling that would have not worked anyway. So maybe I had a CAD day?

Good for you, Jeanie!

tobelowcarber 03-16-2013 03:26 PM

So tonight I started incorporating Shangri-La-Diet where you take flavorless oil between meal (it supposed to suppress your appetite). I had 1 Tbl of coconut oil and I am not hungry anymore. Placebo? maybe, or I am just full with today's food.

bacon bit 03-16-2013 03:35 PM

When I don't eat LC, I wind up eating all night long. I wake up in the night and have a snack. It's ridiculous! I found that LC eating helps me because I don't feel any hunger at night. I also made up a few new rules. I put myself on the opposite side of the house at night. I keep all food in the kitchen, and sometimes in the living room, but not the bedroom. Sometimes if I start to go toward the kitchen, I just go to bed. I can sit in bed reading or researching for hours, but I used to take food to bed. And just about every night before I go to bed, I drink a protein shake and eat a spoon of peanut butter or eat some flax crackers. It's enough. For now I'm doing it on the satiation of LCing.

Beeb 03-16-2013 08:22 PM

Lisa, I'm SO sorry about your kitty! :cry::console: Losing a pet can be just terrible and my heart is with you right now! :sad:

WTG Jeannie!! That was a wonderful choice and you proved to yourself that you CAN walk away and make a better choice! It was so inspiring to read this, too! Thanks for this!! :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16319643)
So tonight I started incorporating Shangri-La-Diet where you take flavorless oil between meal (it supposed to suppress your appetite). I had 1 Tbl of coconut oil and I am not hungry anymore. Placebo? maybe, or I am just full with today's food.

I looked into this diet, also but I'm just not sure about eating tasteless food to lose weight. It just seems like another "restriction" to me and this won't work with my food/binge mind set right now. I am VERY interested to see how it goes for you, though so please keep us up to date!! :shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon bit (Post 16319656)
When I don't eat LC, I wind up eating all night long. I wake up in the night and have a snack. It's ridiculous! I found that LC eating helps me because I don't feel any hunger at night. I also made up a few new rules. I put myself on the opposite side of the house at night. I keep all food in the kitchen, and sometimes in the living room, but not the bedroom. Sometimes if I start to go toward the kitchen, I just go to bed. I can sit in bed reading or researching for hours, but I used to take food to bed. And just about every night before I go to bed, I drink a protein shake and eat a spoon of peanut butter or eat some flax crackers. It's enough. For now I'm doing it on the satiation of LCing.

:welcome: to our group! I like your idea of being on the opposite side of the house! :up: This makes lots of sense to me and I have never eaten anything more than a mint while in bed so this can be a good tool I can use if I'm feeling the :stars: about food at night! Thanks for this! :shake:

Beeb 03-16-2013 08:38 PM

Well, I clocked in at 1933 calories tonight, give or take a few! We went out for the evening, dinner and a few drinks. The small dinner I did well on, only eating half, split a dessert with DH and that was fine and even the small glass of hard cider didn't add up to that much BUT.............add the Shamrock Martini made with creme de menthe, creme de cocoa, coconut rum and cream for a drink with 600+/- calories and there you go!! :doh::stars:

And what lesson did I learn? It didn't even taste that good and I should have left it alone after the first 3 sips but NO.....I'm thinking at $10.00 I better drink that darn drink! It was the "clean your plate" syndrome in liquid form! :doh: Won't do THAT again! If I order something, food OR drink, and I don't like it I'M NOT EATING/DRINKING IT no matter HOW expensive it is from now on! :down:

I was at around 1375 or a little more the way I figured my food and even with the hard cider, and should have stopped there! :p I'm really not stressed though and if I see a small bump on the scale I honestly feel I got control now and can get rid of that bump in a few days!

I'm just happy to not be stressed about eating or drinking now!! It wasn't about either tonight but a good time with DH...and this way of thinking is a first for me since last year!! AND I stopped eating before 8! The drink was about 9 but not sure it that counts toward eating after 8? And here is another thing; after that drink I was hungry! It was the sugar/sweetness that caused me to feel this but I DID NOT give into it, asked for a tall glass of club soda with lots of lemons and it stopped the cravings for more food right away! Maybe it was the sour when my body wanted more sweet that got those craving right out of my head? Not sure but I just know I had a good time, that the club soda w/lemon saved the day, and I won't drink a 600 calorie drink again! :lol: :clap:

Dottie 03-17-2013 05:15 AM

Marika I've never heard of it. I have occasionally eaten coconut oil off a spoon, but it's not something I love :laugh:

Lisa sorry about your cat :(

Jeanie it's amazing how the little things we enjoy, like popcorn, can really change our whole mood :) Son made some the other evening and I had maybe 1/2 a cup (a small handful) and was totally satisfied with just that much.

Hi Heidi!

Linda that sounds good :) I never really liked sweet drinks because they gave me wicked hangovers lol. (of course 7 or 8 hurricanes or long island tea's will do that anyway!).

Son is headed back to school today, so I can focus more on me and my dietary habits:)

Planned:
B: casein and almond milk, coffee
D: fried cauliflower "rice" w/cilantro, tomato, jalapeno and garlic (coconut oil to fry) and a salmon fillet
Snack: suzies multi-grain crackers with laughing cow cheese
S: breakfast taco (2 eggs, 2 cups spinach, 2 slices bacon, cheese, salsa in a low-carb tortilla), frozen peaches and cherries(about 1/4 cup of each)

Sounds like a lot of food but it's only 1278 cals; 67g fat; 92 protein; 82g carbs; 30g fiber

wiz 03-17-2013 05:47 AM

Oh Linda, that Shamrock Martini sounds pretty darn good!! I would have finished it too. :laugh:

So folks, while I did have some wine over the weekend (and will most likely have beer at the St Patrick's Day party we are going to), my eating was pretty darn good. I had a small slice of pizza on Friday from my husband's "bar pie" dinner, but my meal was a wonderful vegetarian salad topped with cashews and a ginger vinaigrette (good Lenten meal!)

And I have gone 7 nights with ZERO night-time snacking. This weekend my weight has stayed within an ounce or two of my Friday morning weight. I can't tell you that last time that happened! :o

So wish me luck at this party today...and Happy St Patrick's Day to all!!

Beeb 03-17-2013 05:52 AM

Morning all! :hugs: HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY to you all today!! :jumpjoy:

Was up only 1 pound this morning, and I'm happy about that, but I know if I don't watch today that 1 pound will turn into 2. I said in my last post I wasn't stress about food but seeing that bump DID stress me a bit. I also know that my body always has a "delay" on the weekends and I am usually higher on Monday's weigh in than Sunday even when I watch what I eat/drink on Sunday. I know it's water, but.....

My issue right now is the dinner for tonight! :confused: We are going to friends for a traditional Irish dinner and I :heart: this meal! I'm stressing a bit because I really don't want to over eat and this dinner is a land mine for me! :sad:

I know it's about the fun, but food is such a big part of my life right now (really wish is wasn't :cry:) that it kind of concerns me. I WILL approach this with a positive attitude, eat very light today and enjoy the food UNTIL I'M JUST FULL and I WILL listen to that signal! :up:

Dotty, that sure does look like a lot of food and it only proves how much we CAN eat with fewer calories! :up: You menu sound :yummy:! Safe back to school for DS!:aprayer:

Good luck Wiz, I'm right there with you today!! I find it so wonderful that you are doing so well, it's so inspiring! :high5::hugs:

Menu for today:
B and L are very light, maybe just an English muffin for B and some soup for lunch and trying to do the "no snack today" avenue. Lots of water w/lemon, hot tea, coffee. Saving all my calories for dinner tonight and know that figuring out those calories will be a challenge! :p