Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #241
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
31 DAYS BINGE FREE!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #242
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121/118-123
WOE: my way
Sorry guys I have not been posting much. I am just in binging slump right now.

Great job, Linda

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-16-2013 at 06:10 PM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

double post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
31 DAYS BINGE FREE!!!
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #245

Morning all! Down .6 pounds today from the first day of eating the Thintuition way.

I had a day and could not eat anything other than a slice of toast in the morning and 3/4 of a bag of nuts the rest of the day until dinner! I was thinking what a terrible way to start eating right and was a little afraid I would be so hungry at dinner I would over eat and actually so preparing myself for this.

Well, I'm happy to say this did not happen. I applied the suggests of IE to eat slowly, savor every bite, put the fork down until I was finished with what I was chewing and eat ONLY what I really wanted and ONLY until my body said enough and I had only eaten 1/3 of the dinner! I looked down at my plate and my head started it's lecture: You better eat more, you will be hungry later!

BUT I didn't listen, I truly listened to my body and knew I had enough so I put the rest in a take home container and went on my merry way. After a bit at home I really wanted some fruit so I made a big bowl of melon and grapes and started to snack, again slowly! Well only got 1/3 of the way through that bowl and had enough! Put the rest back into the fridge for another time!!

Eating intuitively is a challenge but I understand how to do this since I did it for so many years until about 10 years ago. It's all a matter of remembering and re-thinking and I KNOW I'll be back to where I the relationship use to have with food; Eating only when I'm hungry and eating only to satisfy that hunger!

I naturally ate less yesterday without really trying and by just listening and now I know I'm on my way to a wonderful relationship with food again! Binging is under control, food is in a better perceptive and I'm just excited about the future challenges and not dreading being on a "diet" or ever having to be on one again!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.Ē

Last edited by Beeb; 04-17-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Hi there ladies some of you might remember me from the JUDDD thread
I loved it but struggled with bingeing on the UD's to the point of fearing I was doing some damage to my stomach. It was doing my head in and I was starting to gain so I went back onto my favourite but difficult plan that never fails me - HCG. It clears my head, re-establishes my relationship to food, quells that insane anxious hunger, teaches me portion control, how to enjoy food and so on. I mean right now is how normal feels for me. Unfortunately it is not something I can do for life boo hoo so I am looking ahead at maintenance.

So I have been reading though this thread and 5:2 comes up quite often. As much as I want to return to JUDDD it's the every other day fast/feast that seems to be my problem. Is 5:2 just like JUDDD but only 2 days a week? In your experience/opinion do you think it might awaken my bingeing monster which has so far been smacked to the ground and held down by my super hero HCG? Do you think 5:2 has any effect? I just can't help feeling it just might do nothing except create that famine anxiety.

Also do you guys have set days? I like the thought of a set day, like say a Monday and then an intuitive day. Mark Sisson wrote about it once, doing a fast the day you really wanted to or whether circumstances permitted it - say on a really busy day at work, or you get tied up and forget to eat so you keep going etc. Nothing worse on JUDDD when it was a really bad day in general that coincided with a DD and gave me a deprivation feeling, and I kept looking at the clock. Not saying the DD's were hard, I managed them but the fallout the next day might have resulted in the up up and away day after.

Oh and this time absolutely no nuts will be ingested by me. They were and will always be my downfall. You know why, I still see them as a healthy food, everybody sees them as a healthy food and so I eat them, even though I wouldn't eat a cake because I know it's not good for me, but the nuts are somehow OK because nuts are good for you etc...

PS: I do like this slow eating Beeb mentions. That does work for me whenever I've done it. Just savouring every bite slowly, playing with the food, cutting small chunks etc, it's that mindless shoving down of food to get as much in before tomorrow that is so ....stupid....

Last edited by mojocat; 04-17-2013 at 09:02 AM..
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
Hi there ladies some of you might remember me from the JUDDD thread
I loved it but struggled with bingeing on the UD's to the point of fearing I was doing some damage to my stomach. It was doing my head in and I was starting to gain so I went back onto my favourite but difficult plan that never fails me - HCG. It clears my head, re-establishes my relationship to food, quells that insane anxious hunger, teaches me portion control, how to enjoy food and so on. I mean right now is how normal feels for me. Unfortunately it is not something I can do for life boo hoo so I am looking ahead at maintenance.

So I have been reading though this thread and 5:2 comes up quite often. As much as I want to return to JUDDD it's the every other day fast/feast that seems to be my problem. Is 5:2 just like JUDDD but only 2 days a week? In your experience/opinion do you think it might awaken my bingeing monster which has so far been smacked to the ground and held down by my super hero HCG? Do you think 5:2 has any effect? I just can't help feeling it just might do nothing except create that famine anxiety.

Also do you guys have set days? I like the thought of a set day, like say a Monday and then an intuitive day. Mark Sisson wrote about it once, doing a fast the day you really wanted to or whether circumstances permitted it - say on a really busy day at work, or you get tied up and forget to eat so you keep going etc. Nothing worse on JUDDD when it was a really bad day in general that coincided with a DD and gave me a deprivation feeling, and I kept looking at the clock. Not saying the DD's were hard, I managed them but the fallout the next day might have resulted in the up up and away day after.

Oh and this time absolutely no nuts will be ingested by me. They were and will always be my downfall. You know why, I still see them as a healthy food, everybody sees them as a healthy food and so I eat them, even though I wouldn't eat a cake because I know it's not good for me, but the nuts are somehow OK because nuts are good for you etc...

PS: I do like this slow eating Beeb mentions. That does work for me whenever I've done it. Just savouring every bite slowly, playing with the food, cutting small chunks etc, it's that mindless shoving down of food to get as much in before tomorrow that is so ....stupid....
Hi there and to our thread! This thread is for those of us who have an eating issue and actually no set plan but are working toward something that will work for us! Lots of great ideas and suggestions here but the best part; wonderful support!!

I can NOT do any type of IF WOE; JUDDD, 5:2, etc. because of exactly what your fears are in bold above. I did JUDDD, as I'm sure you remember, for months and lost a ton of weight but my binging on the UDs was so bad that I finally had to stop and when I did stop I couldn't stop binging! It took literally months to control the binging and night eating syndrome that I swear was caused by JUDDD and every single time I did a IF type of eating the binge monster came back stronger and proved once again the WOE is NOT for me!

I finally just decided to stop all the madness that dieting had done to me. This made a big difference in the way I was looking at food and I have just started IE (eating intuitively) and I am finding this such a wonderful fit for me, I'm very about it! I actually ate like this for years, why I stopped is beyond me but back to eating this way I'm going!!

I will never diet again! It's messes with me head too much and causes WAY too many issues with food for me! I don't see any food as a "no no now, a can't have" anymore! I see it as something I truly want and will eat, but not over eat. The food I eat is exactly what I want to eat at the time, and I eat it with mindfulness and enjoyment and I stop eating it when my body tells me I've had enough. It's not to the point of totally full or stuffed anymore, but just enough. It's a challenge because I am a at this, even though this is how I ate for the first 45 years of my life. One day and one bite at a time and my body will be sending me the strong signals it use to to get me back to a great relationship with food again!

We all need to find what works for us and 5:2 may not give you any issues so give it a try. The only advice I can ever give is make it a plan you can live with!

PS: I really do not play with my food or do other "tricks" to make myself think there is more food. I take what I think I may want, some days a lot and some days a little (if I want more I can always have more if my body tells me I'm not "there" yet in satisfying my hunger) and I then mindfully eat, savoring every bite, enjoying the taste, texture and noticing the things I don't when I mindlessly eat. I take what I think I want, and eat only until I'm no longer hunger, and not beyond this point. And if it goes in the garbage, so be it!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #248
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pat13
Stats: 240/224/150
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
So I decided I wanted to start a diet thread for those of us who are trying different approaches to losing weight while also struggling with an Binging or Night Eating Syndrome issue. There are no structured rules or forbidden foods, but having a stop time to eating will be a great idea to help with the binging/night eating issue.

I am loosely counting calories, trying to stay under 1600/1700 and some days going around 1200, not necessarily LC but lower in carbs than regular eating would be, and setting a time at night that I MUST stop eating which for me is 8 PM, eating better with more veggies and fruit, and moving more when I can.

I need support of like minded people but no forum on our beloved LCFs fits the needs I have right now for idea/suggestions/advice for losing weight that is not within a structured plan (which is what I'm doing, non-structured) AND the need to have support/understanding/ideas with my eating issue.

Please join me if you are looking for the same as mentioned above. We can have a "What are you eating today", how many calories did you eat today, ideas and tools for mastering our food issues, and any other sub-threads that might be of help to everyone!

Hope to see you soon............ Linda

I am very prone to binging. That's how I gained back the 30 lbs. I lost in 2010 (and 10 more); not to mention how I ballooned to 228 lbs before that. I also don't like diets with a structured plan.

I am a nocturnal animal by habit, and usually am drinking a lot of diet soda throughout. Right now, I'm trying to also drink water. Thanks to having had very little sleep in the last 10 days or so, I've lowered my total calorie intake along with carb intake (not intentionally, I just didn't eat when I didn't feel like it), and have lost about 11 lbs. (this isn't sustainable, I always lose my appetite when I'm tired, so when I get back to having proper sleep, I will probably eat more and my weight loss will still occur, but at a slower pace) If I'm feeling the munchie-cravings, I go for a slice of cheese (Kraft fat-free cheddar), or, if I'm really hungry, 2 slices of cheese with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light between them; sort of a breadless cheese sandwich. Or I grab an egg white (I've taken to hard-boiling eggs and refrigerating them).

I am not someone who can go several weeks without cheating. I try to give myself incentives by promising myself potato chips or something else that I love with the next 5 or 10 lb. loss. The trick is to cheat for only one day, not two or three (my particular dieting downfall).
Pat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat13 View Post

I am very prone to binging. That's how I gained back the 30 lbs. I lost in 2010 (and 10 more); not to mention how I ballooned to 228 lbs before that. I also don't like diets with a structured plan.

I am a nocturnal animal by habit, and usually am drinking a lot of diet soda throughout. Right now, I'm trying to also drink water. Thanks to having had very little sleep in the last 10 days or so, I've lowered my total calorie intake along with carb intake (not intentionally, I just didn't eat when I didn't feel like it), and have lost about 11 lbs. (this isn't sustainable, I always lose my appetite when I'm tired, so when I get back to having proper sleep, I will probably eat more and my weight loss will still occur, but at a slower pace) If I'm feeling the munchie-cravings, I go for a slice of cheese (Kraft fat-free cheddar), or, if I'm really hungry, 2 slices of cheese with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light between them; sort of a breadless cheese sandwich. Or I grab an egg white (I've taken to hard-boiling eggs and refrigerating them).

I am not someone who can go several weeks without cheating. I try to give myself incentives by promising myself potato chips or something else that I love with the next 5 or 10 lb. loss. The trick is to cheat for only one day, not two or three (my particular dieting downfall).
and hope you find our thread helpful, supportive and inspiring!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Sorry guys I have not been posting much. I am just in binging slump right now.

Great job, Linda
to you and come back and post! This thread keeps me going when times are down and I hope it will do the same for you!

BTW, thank you!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #251

Have I scared everyone away with my zealousness for my new/old WOE?

I hope not!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #252
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Have I scared everyone away with my zealousness for my new/old WOE?

I hope not!

Just busy at the moment
Getting ready for your cruise?
I've been more or less on plan, well, no plan but listening to my hunger.
I forgot to take the relora for several days and the night binges crept back in, so I know now that I still need to take it.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I started a temp job 2 weeks ago and have been busy working long hours, but I haven't binged once! I get up before 5:00 am, only have 30 minutes for lunch, and sometimes don't get home until after 5:00 pm. I was worried that eating dinner in the evening might trigger a binge, but that has not happened.

It's become a struggle to do strict low carb with my current schedule, so I'm giving that up for the next few weeks. I'll just continue doing 5:2 or 4:3 rotations. I kind of like having DD's now, and it's getting easier to eat on UD's without going overboard.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #254
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Hello ladies!
It's been a crazy, horrible week, hasn't it?
for anyone and everyone affected by the Boston and Texas tragedies.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
I started a temp job 2 weeks ago and have been busy working long hours, but I haven't binged once! I get up before 5:00 am, only have 30 minutes for lunch, and sometimes don't get home until after 5:00 pm. I was worried that eating dinner in the evening might trigger a binge, but that has not happened.

It's become a struggle to do strict low carb with my current schedule, so I'm giving that up for the next few weeks. I'll just continue doing 5:2 or 4:3 rotations. I kind of like having DD's now, and it's getting easier to eat on UD's without going overboard.
Love your plan and you knowing what you need to do to stay on plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Hello ladies!
It's been a crazy, horrible week, hasn't it?
for anyone and everyone affected by the Boston and Texas tragedies.
The world is just a mess!!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #256

Well, I'm going to call my binging a "Thing of the past" now!! I don't even think about food at night anymore and this is so wonderful that I feel like a new person!

Down 1 pound today, which was a to me since I ate Mexican and had a beer last night! I'm just loving Thintuition and I feel like my old self again in my eating and thoughts about food!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #257
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

Well, we had a great vacation, but it's back to reality now. I will say that when we go on vacation, we don't diet. I don't eat like a crazy person, but I do eat all the local specialties wherever I am. But we also do a ton of exercising when we go away as well. It somewhat counter-balances what we are eating!

In any case, yes, the scale was up this morning - but nothing too bad. I hope to be back to my pre-Mexico weight by Friday.

On the snacking/binging front - the beauty of being in a hotel for a week is there was no food to eat in the room! So no snacking. And while I found myself really, really hungry last night (stomach growling!) I just went to bed.

Unlike Linda, I cannot say I have this night-time snacking thing beat. I feel like an alcoholic, if I let my guard down for a minute, I swear I would be rummaging through my kitchen. This has not been an easy road for me.

It's good to be back in my normal, healthy eating routine. I love how I eat and cook, and I'm always ready to get back OP.

Let's have a great week folks!!

2014 Running Miles: 366
2014 Walking Miles: 304
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #258

I know that Iím not following the IE way and Iím back on JUDDD but I thought Iíd post an update for those that are interested.

I started last Monday but the week was a bit of a bust. I do more of a 4:3 rather than EOD and my days are usually Monday, Wed, & Friday. Had a good day on Monday but Wed & Friday got a bit derailed but I didnít let it get to me. Wed was Admin Professionals Day and our boss took us out after work for appetizers. Of course we also had some drinks. I only ate 100 calories during the day and tried not to overdo it on the apps & drinks. Then on Friday it was my coworkerís birthday and she invited a bunch of people out for drinks after work and then dinner later. It was a blast. I had about 200 calories during the day and only ate Ĺ of my dinner, which was a chicken sandwich & some fries. I did have some drinks though so Iím sure they added up (donít worry, I wasnít driving!). I know I didnít have to have them but weíre a group that does like to indulge once in a while. I knew the choice I was making would affect my weight loss for the week and I was willing to accept that.

So, on Saturday I weighed in (my usual weigh in day) and I lost 3.5 lbs! I was completely happy with that since I went out and indulged on 2 of my DDís. Thatís certainly not something I want to do every week though. Iím looking forward to getting 3 good DDís in this week. Since I do 2 UDs in a row on Sat/Sun I really tried to pay attention to how much I was eating so I didnít overeat. I weighed this morning just to check in after the weekend and my DD yesterday and I am down another Ĺ lb. I was really happy with that.

So far things are going pretty well and Iím happy to say that I have not binged or even overeaten on my UDís. Iím really trying to keep that in check and I think following this thread and the other one helps.

My SO started on Monday with me and Iím impressed by the fact that he actually made it through the whole week. He keeps his DDís at 500-600 calories & he did 3 good ones last week (he wasnít with me when I was out). He lost 6 lbs last week! Heís down another pound this morning after the weekend & a DD yesterday. Heís following my DDís schedule. I think itís helping me that heís doing this also. Makes it easier in the evenings on a DD when he isnít eating much either.

Thatís it for now. So far so good!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!

Great job, jiggles
Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post

So far things are going pretty well and Iím happy to say that I have not binged or even overeaten on my UDís. Iím really trying to keep that in check and I think following this thread and the other one helps.

Thatís it for now. So far so good!
Jiggles! Congrats on your great loss and on showing so much restraint with the work outings I am taking a coworker out to lunch on Friday to celebrate her promotion and will be borrowing your will of steel to make it through with healthy choices and portion control. So thanks for sharing it!

Yesterday was a pretty serious UUAD. I was doing a perfectly good DD and was in my calorie range until about 5 PM. At that point, I started eating and just did not stop. I was not hungry and it did not make a difference. I even ordered out sweet potato fries, a milkshake (+lots more, but only ate those two items from the food delivered).

In trying to figure out what triggered the binge, I really have not much in terms of clues. The last food I ate before the binge was eggplant hummus, which is not really sweet or they type of bread-y carb that usually triggers a binge. So, I am really uncertain where that came from.

Today, my stomach feels absolutely terrible (swollen and gassy-yuck!) and I cannot even breathe . I did not weigh this morning.
It is hard not to feel guilty and want to punish myself with like three DDs in a row. But, I am just going to pick myself up and get a good DD in today and move on. That's really all you can do, right?

DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #261

Thanks Marika!

DaSH, enjoy your lunch out on Friday! And don't let the UUAD get you down. It happens. Just dust yourself off and start again. I think it's a good idea to not weigh the next day because that will just make it worse. I'm sure after you do your next DD you will be back on track.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondie60923
Stats: 223/223/125 Juddd
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 26, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika1962 View Post
Can I join you guys I have the same problem, the night time "binging". After successfully losing 90 pounds last year my body/mind have finally turned on me and are punishing me with with just wanting to eat anything and everything in sight. Although I mostly crave sugar and starch, once I get started it pretty much doesn't matter what it is, as long as I can chew it.
This has been going on for over six months now and it is a miracle that I have not gained all my weight back because most of my binges are in excess of 4000 calories, and not just one day either, I go on for days until I finally snap out of it. Then I control myself for a few days, get the few pounds off, then just start all over again stuffing myself. I spent hundreds of dollars on supplements that supposed to control cravings/appetite, waiting yet on ANOTHER shipment from swanson's and even made a doctors appointment to have myself checked out from head to toe. I am at wits end!!!
Right now I am counting calories and am trying to stay under 1600/1700, also avoiding anything refined and processed (when I can control myself).
I myself am a binger. I downloaded a book on my Nook from Barnes and Noble called Brain Over Binge. I can't stop reading it. I'm 50 pages into it and it's already soooo helpful. I had gone from 215 to 163 through purging through exercise ... not knowing that is called Bulimia and I stopped exercising because I could not seem to balance myself. I am back up over 200 ... finally decided to do self-help as the therapy I went to didn't seem to help me.
blondie60923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie60923 View Post
I myself am a binger. I downloaded a book on my Nook from Barnes and Noble called Brain Over Binge. I can't stop reading it. I'm 50 pages into it and it's already soooo helpful. I had gone from 215 to 163 through purging through exercise ... not knowing that is called Bulimia and I stopped exercising because I could not seem to balance myself. I am back up over 200 ... finally decided to do self-help as the therapy I went to didn't seem to help me.
I agree, it is a great book. I am half way through and I can't put it down. While I don't purge through exercise or any other method my binges are very similar to hers. I have not binges in 6 days. If and when I get the binging cravings I will use her method of dealing with it. I hope it works.
She also has good website and message board.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I agree, it is a great book. I am half way through and I can't put it down. While I don't purge through exercise or any other method my binges are very similar to hers. I have not binges in 6 days. If and when I get the binging cravings I will use her method of dealing with it. I hope it works.
She also has good website and message board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie60923 View Post
Thank you for the recommendations blondie60923 and tobelowcarber. I am going to see if I can get the book on my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
Thanks Marika!

DaSH, enjoy your lunch out on Friday! And don't let the UUAD get you down. It happens. Just dust yourself off and start again. I think it's a good idea to not weigh the next day because that will just make it worse. I'm sure after you do your next DD you will be back on track.
Thank you for the comment jiggles. I did not weigh the morning after the carb binge. Yesterday was more of a regular UD. Though, it started out a DD. Not proud of this either, but it could always be worse. I also did not weigh this morning. Trying to make today a great DD. I just takes one to get back on track.

I ordered a home exercise machine (teeny tiny elliptical) and am going to hop on it for the first time tonight. I used to go to the gym four days per week, but quit when I gained weight back in January. I quit because my gym is pretty much all in-shape people and I am embarassed at the weight I have gained. I do not want to run into anyone who knew me when I was thin at my current weight (+25 lbs). So, I am going to exercise at home in private until I feel comfortable at the gym again. Can't wait to get started!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone,
I read Brain Over Binge on my Kindle yesterday. Like others on this board/in this group have experienced, I could not put it down (read the whole book in one sitting). It is early to say, but this book could very well change my life. I am simply amazed at the power of the author's approach. It's so simple and makes so much sense.

I feel real hope about my ability to overcome binge eating for the first time in the 27 years since my reptile brain started sending those junk urges into my higher brain. I unhesitatingly recommend this book to everyone!

DaSH
Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Take a look at the Big Breakfast Diet thread that we started. If you eat 7 oz. or more of protein for breakfast along with your other yummy food you won't want to eat at night.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #267

Hello everyone!! I'm back from the Honeymoom/Vacation cruise through Europe and I am very please to announce that I did not binge one time during that trip!! I ate what I wanted but just a taste here and there and never even thought about eating after dinner. This surprised me totally and I'm happy to say I think my binge monster has gone back to sleep and with my effort will STAY asleep!!

51 days binge free!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #268
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all, I've been MIA since vacation and that's mostly because I have indulged in some backsliding on the night-time snacking. I was doing SO darn well, and then I got de-railed for a variety of reasons. I keep saying that I will NOT eat at night, and some nights I make it through - but some I don't...

In any case, I am going to read the book you all suggested (downloaded it this morning) and make a huge effort to get back on track.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

I seem to be back on track for the past 5 days. I was in binge-hell before and could not stop the monster in its track. Brain Over Binge book did not work for me. There was no way of explaining to my primitive brain to stop the non-sense. My body was cravings the carbs like a drug. In my case the binges seem purely physiological.
I started on VLC last Saturday eating protein and fats and the binging stopped immediately. I have no desire to binge. So right now I am doing JUDD very low carb. I am slowly going to add some veggies and watch for triggers.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
Old 05-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #270
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I seem to be back on track for the past 5 days. I was in binge-hell before and could not stop the monster in its track. Brain Over Binge book did not work for me. There was no way of explaining to my primitive brain to stop the non-sense. My body was cravings the carbs like a drug. In my case the binges seem purely physiological.
I started on VLC last Saturday eating protein and fats and the binging stopped immediately. I have no desire to binge. So right now I am doing JUDD very low carb. I am slowly going to add some veggies and watch for triggers.
Marika, I think I need to go lower carb as well. On my SBD plan, it's Phase 1. I need to get back to basics for a couple of days. Good for you in getting things under control, I know you were going through some rough days.