Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
I have been struggling big time. The binging was getting out of control Eating in the car, looking for excuse to go to crockery store and stuffing my body with carbs, like there is no tomorrow. Just plain pathetic!
I think I finally came to my senses this morning to stop JUDD. I just have to do regular Atkins and eat when I am hungry. I really believe in health benefits of JUDD but the calories restriction is too much. Maybe one day I will do it with much higher DD calories. For now, I am going back to what works for me-Atkins and not counting calories.
I'm sorry you have been struggling. What you did was not pathetic! Some of us just don't deal well with calorie restriction and eating carbs can make things worse.

I'm testing out the 5:2 diet but if I start craving carbs or binging again I'll stop it immediately. The every other day rotation of JUDDD was hard on me mentally. I thought of it as ugh, I'm dieting every other day instead of I only have to diet every other day. I definitely had the glass half empty syndrome!
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #212
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Marika, hang in there. We've all gone through those awful times. The good news is that you are taking steps to change that behavior. You CAN do it.

Me? It's been a weird week. I'm back on the no snacking at night routine BUT I had a day of absolute hunger yesterday. Just ravenous all day. Nothing sated me. I hate that. The only thing different is that I took a nasty fall the other day and I am in a lot of pain, so I'm taking Advil. I am wondering if that is possibly causing me to feel hungry? I don't usually take any medications at all, so who knows?

I am in countdown mode to vacation!! Cancun on Sunday. I really, really need some time away from my job...and to spend some quality time with my husband.

2014 Running Miles: 285
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 441
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #213
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Wiz I was like that yesterday. I probably ate 2 pounds of grilled sirloin! I don't know why but I was starved for protein.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #214
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Wiz I was like that yesterday. I probably ate 2 pounds of grilled sirloin! I don't know why but I was starved for protein.
Dottie, I wish I could figure out why I have days like that! Thank goodness they are few and far between, but it is disturbing when it happens. I ate enough turkey tenderloin for an army!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #215
Administrator

Hello ladies
Up 3lbs from sodium and stress but otherwise things are going well. No night binges!
I made cauliflower fried rice yesterday. Under 200 cals for a HUGE bowl but loads of sodium from the tamari and chicken concentrate.

Anyone else having trouble finding frozen cauliflower again? I went to 3 stores and they're all out!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #216
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I'm still here! Laying low for now, trying to not stress eat and seeing once again that protein makes me SO hungry!

Tried LC for breakfast yesterday; bacon, turkey, mayo. Was eating the paint off the wall an hour later! Need to do a South Beach WOE to keep me on target! Doing that today!

Weight is up some, but it's water, I can feel it and today is a lot of drinking (wish it was the "good" kind! ) of water and such to flush out the sodium/water weight from the stress eating and stupid choices!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
I have been struggling big time. The binging was getting out of control Eating in the car, looking for excuse to go to crockery store and stuffing my body with carbs, like there is no tomorrow. Just plain pathetic!
I think I finally came to my senses this morning to stop JUDD. I just have to do regular Atkins and eat when I am hungry. I really believe in health benefits of JUDD but the calories restriction is too much. Maybe one day I will do it with much higher DD calories. For now, I am going back to what works for me-Atkins and not counting calories.
I can NEVER do this WOE again, especially now that I think I finally got the binge monster somewhat under control! IF is my worst nightmare but like you I sure do love the health benefits!

I'm so glad you have a plan that you know works for you; that is 3/4 of the battle won, in my opinion!

Happy day everyone and keep on keeping on!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I write this post with a heavy heart and a bit of anger. Today I was informed by my Father's wife that my Father had passed away this Monday, April 1st. He had been very ill and was in hospice for a few weeks, I was told.

My Father and I have not spoken for 18 years and a few years back my Aunt contacted me and said he wanted to speak to my children but she was to inform me that he did NOT want to speak to me. My son refused to talk to him because of his past treatment of me but my daughter tried to get to know him and she too decided that he was NOT the type of person she wanted to be around and get to know, let alone try to love and call Grandpa.

I am sad that he never tried to have a relationship with me even though I tried several times though out the years, that he hated me so much because I looked like my Mom (told me this time and again when I did speak with him) and blamed me for their failed marriage (I was 18 months when they got divorced so what I could have done is beyond me ). I have forgiven him a long time ago but what I'm having a problem with is his wife's petty jealousy and the fact she was a key in keeping us apart I'm sure, in my opinion. Talking to her on the phone today when she finally managed to give my daughter a call to let her know he had passed only confirmed again what a immature, jealous and petty woman she is. I am upset because if she had any kind of integrity she would have informed my daughter or me when he was in hospice so we could have at least have said our goodbyes.

My son is calling her tomorrow to ask for a bit of his ashes so I can have a memorial here with my children (he lived in CA) and so I can have closure. I highly doubt she will send the ashes to me, but I still intend to donate something or plant a tree or something else in his name as my honor to him as my Father and for closure for me and my children.

I just feel so hurt by her and sad that he has passed. I can only pray that he now can find peace in heaven where he could never have it here on earth. He was an arrogant and mean spirited man.....but may God and the Universe still welcome him with open arms. May he find and give the love he was denied and denied to others while here now that he is passed on and hopefully in a better place.
I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I have managed to get past the hurt and anger and am now ordering a plack to put under a new weeping cherry tree I have planted to honor my Father. I am at peace now and am moving forward.

Again, thank you all!.........
Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #219
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I have managed to get past the hurt and anger and am now ordering a plack to put under a new weeping cherry tree I have planted to honor my Father. I am at peace now and am moving forward.

Again, thank you all!.........

Hang in there Linda...You are taking the absolute right attitude toward a very difficult situation.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Beeb, I love the idea of planting a cherry tree to honor your father. That's a lovely gesture and I hope it brings you peace.

Dottie - I've seen frozen cauliflower at Randalls, it was a Safeway brand item. I think I've seen it at HEB too but not entirely sure.

I started 5:2 this week and it's going well so far. The first DD was hard but the 2nd one was a breeze. I eat well on UD's but don't binge or overeat. I'm cautiously optimistic but I think the key is having a 2 or 3 day break between DD's. I just could not handle the alternate day rotations.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #221
Administrator

Thanks I'll check tomorrow I went to Kroger, walmart, target and HEB and they didn't have any.

Doing ok on the eating.
My mother has been in the hospital this week, that's why I haven't been posting much.
She's home so I'm back and forth during the day.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #222
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo hoo!! One last work day and then off for the week. We are heading down to Cancun. I plan to do nothing except read, soak up some sun, swim in the beautiful blue Caribbean, and go out for nice dinners.

Well, I didn't meet my mini goal of losing 10 lbs before vacation, but I did manage to lose over 8 lbs - with the biggest part of that being that I have (pretty much ) eliminated my night-time snacking.

I hope you all have a great week. I don't plan on checking in, but you never know!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
Beeb, I love the idea of planting a cherry tree to honor your father. That's a lovely gesture and I hope it brings you peace.

I started 5:2 this week and it's going well so far. The first DD was hard but the 2nd one was a breeze. I eat well on UD's but don't binge or overeat. I'm cautiously optimistic but I think the key is having a 2 or 3 day break between DD's. I just could not handle the alternate day rotations.
Thank you! I think the 5:2 is a great WOE and someday would love to do that when I get back to my goal weight. I found I could maintain well on 5:2 but not lose. Let us know how it works for you!

Quote:
Thanks I'll check tomorrow I went to Kroger, walmart, target and HEB and they didn't have any.

Doing ok on the eating.
My mother has been in the hospital this week, that's why I haven't been posting much.
She's home so I'm back and forth during the day.
Wow, hope Mom is ok!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Woo hoo!! One last work day and then off for the week. We are heading down to Cancun. I plan to do nothing except read, soak up some sun, swim in the beautiful blue Caribbean, and go out for nice dinners.

Well, I didn't meet my mini goal of losing 10 lbs before vacation, but I did manage to lose over 8 lbs - with the biggest part of that being that I have (pretty much ) eliminated my night-time snacking.

I hope you all have a great week. I don't plan on checking in, but you never know!
Have the BEST time and bring some warmth back with you! on the 8 pounds loss, WTG!!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #224

I lost 1.4 pounds since yesterday and I have NO idea how! I hate pretty high carb, little stuff all day long, yet I lost weight. Water I'm sure, but I just wish I could figure out WHAT I eat that causes me to lose, water or otherwise!

Since not binging at night and I'm SO about that!!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #225
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fellswoop
Hello all, this may be the right place for me - I haven't read all eight pages but I read the first posts and think it's the right fit. I binge, I eat at night and I'm not yet committed to LC. I am not opposed to it, either. I just weighed myself this morning after a week of WW and gained 3.5 lbs. Lovely. I can't imagine why, seeing as the six boxes of ice cream bars I ate were ALL weight watchers brand. I mean, with that insignia, I can eat all I want, right? Ugh. Issues. I have issues. I know I am just venting right now and I hope it's not too much of a drag. But I would by lying if I was posting that I'm all back in the saddle and ready to recommit. The problem is my utter lack of commitment. I'm hoping that if I hang around here long enough I'll read and learn enough from others to get my head, for once and for all, in the right place.
fellswoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #226
Administrator

fell: welcome and lol at the weight watchers comment. I just gave 4 boxes of their coffee cake snacks to the food bank today!

Linda: thanks if she would trade stubborn for logic, she'd be doing a lot better. Good going on the loss, sounds like you're listening to your body and it's liking that
Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellswoop View Post
Hello all, this may be the right place for me - I haven't read all eight pages but I read the first posts and think it's the right fit. I binge, I eat at night and I'm not yet committed to LC. I am not opposed to it, either. I just weighed myself this morning after a week of WW and gained 3.5 lbs. Lovely. I can't imagine why, seeing as the six boxes of ice cream bars I ate were ALL weight watchers brand. I mean, with that insignia, I can eat all I want, right? Ugh. Issues. I have issues. I know I am just venting right now and I hope it's not too much of a drag. But I would by lying if I was posting that I'm all back in the saddle and ready to recommit. The problem is my utter lack of commitment. I'm hoping that if I hang around here long enough I'll read and learn enough from others to get my head, for once and for all, in the right place.
and so glad to have you here! All of us on this thread struggle in some way or another so you will find much support and caring here! Finding what works for YOU is the key, and sometimes we have to "think outside the box" to find that right fit!! I have found coming here and being accountable everyday is a major help with my night eating! Post often and share your thoughts, they are ALWAYS welcomed!
Quote:
Linda: thanks if she would trade stubborn for logic, she'd be doing a lot better. Good going on the loss, sounds like you're listening to your body and it's liking that
for Mom and she will make the right choice for her, I'm sure of it! Thanks for the but I really wish I knew how I lose the weight when it does come off! I'm actually clueless!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #228
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fellswoop
Thank you, I feel better already, by being heard. I will be here often - and though I wish I could be the source of inspiration - I have a feeling that at least for a while I may be the source of "well, it could be worse, I could be fellswoop...") To that end, I'm always glad to be of service. In all seriousness, I want to make sure it is okay to be posting about struggles - because that is pretty much all I've got right now. I'm not a fan of publicizing such things - I'd rather make a positive contribution. But I think that's putting the cart before the horse. Or in this case, the fridge before the...Me! I'm just not there yet.
fellswoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellswoop View Post
Thank you, I feel better already, by being heard. I will be here often - and though I wish I could be the source of inspiration - I have a feeling that at least for a while I may be the source of "well, it could be worse, I could be fellswoop...") To that end, I'm always glad to be of service. In all seriousness, I want to make sure it is okay to be posting about struggles - because that is pretty much all I've got right now. I'm not a fan of publicizing such things - I'd rather make a positive contribution. But I think that's putting the cart before the horse. Or in this case, the fridge before the...Me! I'm just not there yet.
Post away!! It's not always by the "positive" we hear but sometimes by the struggles that teach us the most valuable of lessons!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

fellswoop, it's more than okay to post about struggles. You might find that someone else has gone through the very same thing. When I quit JUDDD last year, I thought I was the only one who could not stick with it.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #231
Administrator

I can be slow on weekends, too. So don't be discouraged
Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #232
Administrator

Everyone hanging in ok this weekend?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #233

Quote:

Everyone hanging in OK this weekend?
I'm here, having a lazy evening after a weekend! I liked my weight today after 2 days of eating out. Hoping it sticks again tomorrow but I find that if I have a few drinks on Saturday night and eat out both Friday and Saturday nights it takes 2 days for the gain, if any, to catch me! Tomorrows weigh in will tell!

Getting ready to go on our Honeymoon (finally) next Sunday! 12 day Mediterrain cruise and making my "game plan" so I won't over eat and have to make up for it when I get back! BUT I'm going to enjoy myself without making "food" the major factor in my enjoyment!

We REALLY need this vacation, I can't wait!!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #234
Administrator

Linda I hope you guys have the time of your lives
Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Have a fabulous time. Cruises are always The Best in my book!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I was doing realy good on JUDDD and or Fast5 about a year ago till I got back into eating when I read. So 3 days ago I stoped reading when I ate and started back on
Fast5. I know I have said this several times before but this eating when I read is my
main trigger. Even writeing this I want to sit down with a 1/2 galon of ice cream and
a good book but the idea of just siting at the table with the ice cream and no book realy
isn't appealing.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #237

Thanks everyone, can't wait to go away!!

I'm stuck!! I am bouncing around with the same 2.5 pounds for weeks now and it's getting frustrating!! I truly believe I'm NEVER going to lose these 15+ pounds I gained because of the night binging I did since last October!!

I just can't figure it out, and it makes NO sense with the gains and losses!! I can eat the paint off the house and lose, and then not eat hardly anything and gain! AND I'm not binging anymore so I don't even have THAT excuse!

I'm getting discouraged!!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #238

Just started this new thread! I'm SO excited about this! Come over, take a look and join me there!

Thintuition Way Of Eating

I'm staying here, too! I just love you guys and still need the support for my night binging, which you guys are wonderful at giving!!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinigirl
Stats: 160/158/145/139/132
WOE: Moderate Carbs.
Start Date: April 1st 2013
What a Wonderful thread,
I,all be back often.
Keep posting guys it's very helpful.
Trinigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinigirl View Post
What a Wonderful thread,
I,all be back often.
Keep posting guys it's very helpful.
and so good to have you join us!!