Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #181
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Lisa we're expecting more (here on the coast) later as well. We sure need the rain
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #182
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I did have several glasses of wine, but that isn't the issue I am trying to overcome.
Me either!! LOL.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #183
Administrator

This is interesting. I had salty foods today (made a soup with soy sauce and packaged broth, then had a taco salad (no chips but it was salty) and I had a mini-binge. I recognized it and cut it short, but I think the salty foods thing is definitely a trigger for me.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #184
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
It is 8:12 and no urge to snack yet.

I juiced all day and had a small serving of a Mexican rice casserole for dinner. After dinner I made a smoothie with frozen fruit and coconut milk.

I am planning on juicing again tomorrow.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #185
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
This is interesting. I had salty foods today (made a soup with soy sauce and packaged broth, then had a taco salad (no chips but it was salty) and I had a mini-binge. I recognized it and cut it short, but I think the salty foods thing is definitely a trigger for me.
This is interesting. I love salty food so I likely have days like this often (and often have the urge to snack). I wonder if they correlate.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #186
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This is interesting. I love salty food so I likely have days like this often (and often have the urge to snack). I wonder if they correlate.
I find that to be interesting as well. I did have some saltier food over the weekend, and I definitely saw the scale go up but I also noticed I had a lot of cravings. This is clearly something to watch...thanks for the heads up Dottie!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #187
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Hmm, that's interesting about the salty foods. I think there may be something to that.

My SO and I were out of town last night and stopped for pizza. This place cuts their pizza into squares instead of slices. I had 2 squares and stopped. I could have easily eaten a 3rd but decided I didn't need it and could have some for lunch today. I probably could have gotten by with 1 piece but it was so good. That's really where I falter. Some foods just taste so good that I keep eating (and I don't seem to get to the point where it doesn't taste good anymore no matter how full I get). But considering that I normally would eat 3 pieces I'm considering it a victory that I stopped at 2.

Oh, and I didn't snack after we got home either. I even have some Cadbury eggs that I bought the other day on sale and haven't opened the package yet. I told myself I wasn't hungry when I got home so I didn't need one. That's pretty darn good for me!
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #188
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
Hmm, that's interesting about the salty foods. I think there may be something to that.

My SO and I were out of town last night and stopped for pizza. This place cuts their pizza into squares instead of slices. I had 2 squares and stopped. I could have easily eaten a 3rd but decided I didn't need it and could have some for lunch today. I probably could have gotten by with 1 piece but it was so good. That's really where I falter. Some foods just taste so good that I keep eating (and I don't seem to get to the point where it doesn't taste good anymore no matter how full I get). But considering that I normally would eat 3 pieces I'm considering it a victory that I stopped at 2.

Oh, and I didn't snack after we got home either. I even have some Cadbury eggs that I bought the other day on sale and haven't opened the package yet. I told myself I wasn't hungry when I got home so I didn't need one. That's pretty darn good for me!
I am impressed. That sounds like a difficult situation and you aced it.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #189
Administrator

You won the pizza war
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #190

If only the scale would reward me with a 5 lb loss!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Interesting about salty stuff. I have noticed that sometimes after I eat cucumber pickles I want to binge on sweet stuff afterwards.

Linda- hope you are well. Where are you
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #192

Well, today was my weekly weigh in. I stayed the same from last Friday. A little disappointing, but I have to remember that I didn't weigh myself on Monday after my all weekend eating out feast. I'm sure I was up at least a few pounds from that. So, I guess I should be glad I lost it during this week.

I need to really watch myself this weekend with all the eating so I'm not up on Monday. I would like to see a loss next week.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #193
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Hi all, I'm here! Been a crazy couple of days but have today off and I'm catching up!!

Very interesting about the salty foods, Dot! I'm not sure if salty or sweet is my trigger so I'm doing an experiment as we speak to see. What I'm going to do is cut out salty stuff first and see what happens. Then I'll go back to these foods and cut out sweets. 2 days like this should tell me what is the trigger and I'll be on the right path afterward to staying away from them! Thanks for giving us the idea, Dotty!

Looks like everyone is doing well and finding their "plans", what is working for them! And I'm so happy that we are all getting a handle on our night eating, too!!

Was up a bit at the beginning of this week but I ate like I was starving for 2 days so that's the price I pay! Today I am only .2 pounds away from my low weight last week. I'm finding that eating 2 meals and little snacks in place of one meal will make a different in losing weight for me. And the tools I've been using are working great because I am seeing the scale either bump up only a tiny bit or go down and this is good!

Been eating only half of my meals, also. Since I tend to eat out a lot the half portions are probably the size that a regular meal should be anyway so I'm really eating well and not hungry at all with just half. Pushing past that "I'm full" is a recipe for destruction for me because then I just keep eating! I'm actually stopping with the half whether I think I'm still hungry or not and I'm finding that within 15 minutes I realize it was just enough so I'm glad I stop eating when I do! Also, I'm taking my time eating, have really slowed down a lot! I'm mindful of every bite, I wait in between now and am finding that I'm fuller faster this way! It's a great way to NOT eat the whole meal, too!

Weekend is here and like jiggles said could be trouble so I'm keeping on eye on my eating and not having my usual cocktails on Saturday night until the end of the month when DH and I FINALLY get to go on our honeymoon! 12 day cruise on the Mediterranean and I KNOW I'll really have to watch my eating then! But will save "room" for my once a week cosmo then!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been doing leptin reset for the past 3 days and have not binged since then. Basically I eat huge high protein breakfast and big afternoon meal (no snacking), keeping my carbs low. I am also playing with JUDD by having 2 UD in the row followed by DD.

Linda-glad you are doing well. I think I need to learn how to eat slowly. I always eat fast and in from of computer (not a good thing). I know it takes for the brain to register the food you eat and if you eat fast, you think you are not satisfied. So that's on my next agenda!

jiggles- good job on the scale not going up. Hope you have a controlled weekend eating

Hello to rest of the crew

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #195

Hi Linda. That's great that you are finding what works for you. I agree about 15 min. wait time and finding that you are actually full. I've always heard it takes about 20 min. for the mind to realize you've had enough and have found that to be true.

Hi Marika. Glad that leptin reset has worked and you haven't binged in a few days. It's nice to see progress, isn't it? KUTGW!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #196
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Markka, I have heard lots of good things about the leptin reset plan. I'm glad it has been working for you.

I juiced again yesterday and had a small lunch. I think from here out I will juice and if I get overly hungry I'll eat only foods I could have juiced. I watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. It is very inspiring and talks about how the juice fast "reboots" your relationship with food while giving our body straight shots of micronutrient and vitamin nutrition. I need to change my relationship with food for sure.

I stick mostly to veggie juices and I think I'll save the fruit for eating if I feel like I have to chew something. I think that will help to minimize the sugar rush while still being enjoyable. Eating what could be juiced will also open up possibilities to eat out or with other people.

I am off to work for a bit (it is spring break so I really don't have to go in) and then I am going to hit a big fruit stand we have nearby.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #197

Quote:
Well, today was my weekly weigh in. I stayed the same from last Friday. A little disappointing, but I have to remember that I didn't weigh myself on Monday after my all weekend eating out feast. I'm sure I was up at least a few pounds from that. So, I guess I should be glad I lost it during this week.

I need to really watch myself this weekend with all the eating so I'm not up on Monday. I would like to see a loss next week.
Staying the same all week is a wonderful thing, I think! Plus, like you said you could have been up and not know it! I think this is great news!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
I have been doing leptin reset for the past 3 days and have not binged since then. Basically I eat huge high protein breakfast and big afternoon meal (no snacking), keeping my carbs low. I am also playing with JUDD by having 2 UD in the row followed by DD.

Linda-glad you are doing well. I think I need to learn how to eat slowly. I always eat fast and in from of computer (not a good thing). I know it takes for the brain to register the food you eat and if you eat fast, you think you are not satisfied. So that's on my next agenda!

jiggles- good job on the scale not going up. Hope you have a controlled weekend eating

Hello to rest of the crew
I have always been interested in the Leptin reset and will be looking into it soon!

Quote:
Markka, I have heard lots of good things about the leptin reset plan. I'm glad it has been working for you.

I juiced again yesterday and had a small lunch. I think from here out I will juice and if I get overly hungry I'll eat only foods I could have juiced. I watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. It is very inspiring and talks about how the juice fast "reboots" your relationship with food while giving our body straight shots of micronutrient and vitamin nutrition. I need to change my relationship with food for sure.

I stick mostly to veggie juices and I think I'll save the fruit for eating if I feel like I have to chew something. I think that will help to minimize the sugar rush while still being enjoyable. Eating what could be juiced will also open up possibilities to eat out or with other people.

I am off to work for a bit (it is spring break so I really don't have to go in) and then I am going to hit a big fruit stand we have nearby.
This sounds like a great plan for you! Will be interested to see how it goes!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #198

Oh my goodness. With the amount of diet and intuitive eating type books I have you'd think I'd be at my ideal weight! We're getting a different bed tomorrow so I was cleaning out under our old bed and I pulled out 20 different diet books! Plus, I have 3 on my dresser. 23 books! And that doesn't include the ones on my Nook or in my Kindle app. Crazy! All that info and yet I can't seem to get these pounds off.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #199
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh my goodness. With the amount of diet and intuitive eating type books I have you'd think I'd be at my ideal weight! We're getting a different bed tomorrow so I was cleaning out under our old bed and I pulled out 20 different diet books! Plus, I have 3 on my dresser. 23 books! And that doesn't include the ones on my Nook or in my Kindle app. Crazy! All that info and yet I can't seem to get these pounds off.
Wow, I think you may have me beat. Well, maybe not if I count all the ones I checked out from the library and gave back.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #200

My Father Passed On Monday, Just Found Out Today!

I write this post with a heavy heart and a bit of anger. Today I was informed by my Father's wife that my Father had passed away this Monday, April 1st. He had been very ill and was in hospice for a few weeks, I was told.

My Father and I have not spoken for 18 years and a few years back my Aunt contacted me and said he wanted to speak to my children but she was to inform me that he did NOT want to speak to me. My son refused to talk to him because of his past treatment of me but my daughter tried to get to know him and she too decided that he was NOT the type of person she wanted to be around and get to know, let alone try to love and call Grandpa.

I am sad that he never tried to have a relationship with me even though I tried several times though out the years, that he hated me so much because I looked like my Mom (told me this time and again when I did speak with him) and blamed me for their failed marriage (I was 18 months when they got divorced so what I could have done is beyond me ). I have forgiven him a long time ago but what I'm having a problem with is his wife's petty jealousy and the fact she was a key in keeping us apart I'm sure, in my opinion. Talking to her on the phone today when she finally managed to give my daughter a call to let her know he had passed only confirmed again what a immature, jealous and petty woman she is. I am upset because if she had any kind of integrity she would have informed my daughter or me when he was in hospice so we could have at least have said our goodbyes.

My son is calling her tomorrow to ask for a bit of his ashes so I can have a memorial here with my children (he lived in CA) and so I can have closure. I highly doubt she will send the ashes to me, but I still intend to donate something or plant a tree or something else in his name as my honor to him as my Father and for closure for me and my children.

I just feel so hurt by her and sad that he has passed. I can only pray that he now can find peace in heaven where he could never have it here on earth. He was an arrogant and mean spirited man.....but may God and the Universe still welcome him with open arms. May he find and give the love he was denied and denied to others while here now that he is passed on and hopefully in a better place.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #201
Administrator

Old 04-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #202
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm so sorry Beeb. What a difficult situation.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Beeb, I'm so sorry. I hope you get the closure you need.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so sorry Linda
Old 04-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #205
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Linda, I am so very sorry. What a tough situation for you and your kids.

I was coming on here today to hang my head in shame because I did, indeed, snack last night after a tough day and some wine that weakened my willpower. But after reading your post, it gave me strength to know that no matter what life throws our way, we have to dust ourselves off and get moving!

Today starts Day 1 (again) of no night-time snacking. The good news is that I almost got in 4 weeks, I know I can keep it going this time!!

2014 Running Miles: 244
2014 Walking Miles: 258
2014 Biking Miles: 380
Old 04-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #206

Linda
Old 04-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I just ended a 2-week experiment of upping calories from 1400 to 1600, to see if that would boost my metabolism. I maintained but did not lose anything. That's good to know for future reference, but I'll be lowering my calories again to continue losing.

Next week might be a challenge because I'll be working odd hours - 6:30 am to 3:00 pm. I'm thinking of eating an early breakfast and then a second meal after I get home. That's kind of what I am doing now, but the meals would be spaced much further apart.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #208
Administrator

Good morning Ladies.
Been a weird weekend, family-wise. Eating is ok, not stellar, but not completely a free-for-all.
Hopefully back on track today. I have zero appetite, so off to a good start
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #209

Well, I didn't weigh myself this morning but I'm sure my weight is up. I didn't pig out all weekend but we ate out quite a bit and that's always hard for watching portion sizes.

I just don't know how to better control the weekends. We could not eat out as much but after our winter (heck, it still is winter here with all the snow we still have and are getting!) we've just felt so cooped up that we need to get out of the house. There isn't much to do yet since there's snow all over so we go to restaurants (which is something we love to do). I need to learn how to control my portions when doing that.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been struggling big time. The binging was getting out of control Eating in the car, looking for excuse to go to crockery store and stuffing my body with carbs, like there is no tomorrow. Just plain pathetic!
I think I finally came to my senses this morning to stop JUDD. I just have to do regular Atkins and eat when I am hungry. I really believe in health benefits of JUDD but the calories restriction is too much. Maybe one day I will do it with much higher DD calories. For now, I am going back to what works for me-Atkins and not counting calories.