Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #151
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
DH and I went out for breakfast this morning, so I'm eating light the rest of the day lol.
I ended up with a biscuit with sausage gravy, 2 eggs over easy and some coffee. Didn't want to push it too much, but it was really good. I don't make homemade biscuits, these were so tender it was like cutting into air. My best attempt at real homemade biscuits could be sold to the NHL as pucks!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
It feels great to eat low carb again. The weight is coming down nicely and I don't crave any foods. I did not sleep well last night. I think my DD calories were too low. I am usually around 500 but yesterday got down to 369. This combined with low carb is not a good recipe for sleep.

Linda- very happy for you

jiggles- Nice about 2 lb drop! I have been doing regular JUDD rotations for the past 3 months and thinking of doing 4:3 in April and hopefully 5:2 in May

dottie- what a lovely hubby. Glad to hear you are getting better

Jeanie- how is going?

Hello to wiz, lisa, GME and emgee

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #153
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb

On my way out but wanted to say hello to you all

Linda sounds like a great idea I do think we all get so "diet minded" and the attitude of punishing ourselves for not being perfect really does a number on us all!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Since Tuesday I decided to stop counting calories and stop "dieting". I am just eating to hunger, only eating what I really am hungry for, and still not eating after 8:00 PM. Some days that stop time is pushed to 9:00 PM because of having to eat really early in the afternoon and not having anything else for hours until I get home. At those times I have one thing, something healthy, EXACTLY what I want and that is it.

I am down to 153.8 pounds today and was just amazed at the number on the scale. I had a McD's cheeseburger yesterday (I haven't had McDs in years and years) out of necessity because I was running late, going to work and hadn't had dinner yet, knowing I wouldn't be eating for hours and hours, and this was the ONLY choice within miles of where I was. The burger was fine, that is ALL I wanted so that is all I had, and it held me over until I got home for dinner. Dinner was light because I just wasn't hungry, and I have NO idea how many calories I ate yesterday, and I don't care!

Counting calories was causing a bad "head" and my thinking of eating all night again was coming back, especially if I saw I didn't eat enough calories that day! NOT going down that road again after 16 days no night binging!

I also just realized I was over thinking and obsessing about EVERYTHING; food, calories, exercise, weight, and on and on! NOT GOOD!!

I just can't "diet"; count, restrict, fasting, percentages, etc. anymore! It doesn't work for me, I'm finding. I am VERY mindful of what I'm eating, I watch for better choices, I am only eating half my meals when we go out as a rule even if I "think" I want more which I really don't, I'm stopping when I'm full even if it means I only ate 4 bites of my meal and I'm eating ONLY what I REALLY want not eating something just because I'm hungry. If I can't figure out what I REALLY want, I wait until I DO know what I want, then I only eat that! This is working, and so well I'm losing weight again and I'm VERY about this!

My goal is to see myself out of the 150s very soon!!
Good for you, Beeb! To me, this is a perfect example of intuitive eating. Glad you found something that is working for you.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #155

DOWN ANOTHER .4 pounds today! I just can't believe how wonderful I feel to see the scale moving and my thoughts about food are so different than only a few weeks ago! I'm not even thinking about food unless I get hungry, even when I'm bored or blue!! This was the way I use to be, in my thin days! And truly, thinking about what I REALLY want to eat instead of just eating anything because I'm hungry is working magic for me!! Sometimes I realize I'm not even hungry because I can't figure out what I want so I must not really want anything!!

I am just so happy I'm not doing anything anymore to lose weight!! Doesn't that sound so funny!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 03-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
So happy for you Linda
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #157
Administrator

That's great Linda!
I am listening to my appetite as well.
We went out for lunch and I had a fajita steak with peppers and onions and a few chips (maybe 6) with salsa and I'm still stuffed.
I do have some celery and cucumber slices and ranch dip on hand for later if I need something
I'm not going to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #158

Quote:
That's great Linda!
I am listening to my appetite as well.
We went out for lunch and I had a fajita steak with peppers and onions and a few chips (maybe 6) with salsa and I'm still stuffed.
I do have some celery and cucumber slices and ranch dip on hand for later if I need something
I'm not going to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry.
This is exactly what I am doing! What amazes me is when I am with people and I only eat a little of something or just don't want anything to eat I get the looks and questions of "What's wrong, not feeling well"? Or "Is that all you're going to eat"? Sometimes I think it's peer pressure that causes us to eat when we "know" it's OK not to eat!

I was watching TV at 1:30 AM the other night. I counted 6 food commercials in the hour I was watching! 1:30 AM! It got me wondering if I needed something to eat when I know for a fact I wasn't anywhere NEAR hungry!!! Especially at 1:30 AM!!

No wonder America is so unhealthy and overweight!!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Beeb, I'm glad that eating when you are truly hungry is working so well for you! Changing my eating pattern to get most of my calories in during the day has helped me overcome the urge to overeat or binge at night.

I'm doing okay with low carb/high fat, but have to admit I miss JUDDD and think that intermittent fasting has some real health benefits. When I did JUDDD last year I often waited as long as possible to eat, which may have contributed to the binges. I was also under a lot of stress from a job that I hated.

I may be playing with fire here, but I'm toying with the idea of incorporating JUDDD with low carb while continuing to eat earlier in the day. I have 60 lbs left to lose, and as much as I enjoy low carb it works very slowly for me.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #160

Quote:
This is exactly what I am doing! What amazes me is when I am with people and I only eat a little of something or just don't want anything to eat I get the looks and questions of "What's wrong, not feeling well"? Or "Is that all you're going to eat"? Sometimes I think it's peer pressure that causes us to eat when we "know" it's OK not to eat! I was watching TV at 1:30 AM the other night. I counted 6 food commercials in the hour I was watching! 1:30 AM! It got me wondering if I needed something to eat when I know for a fact I wasn't anywhere NEAR hungry!!! Especially at 1:30 AM!!

No wonder America is so unhealthy and overweight!!
I agree!

When I really tried hard at following Paul McKenna's rules I realized how little food I actually need. We went out to eat with my SO's family and I only ate a little bit and everyone kept asking if I was okay or if something was wrong with my meal.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #161
Administrator

Hello Ladies
Trying a potato day today to get rid of the water retention from yesterdays ham!
So far black coffee; diced a russet potato, some kale and a couple of mushrooms, simmered in beef broth(fat free) then added some salsa at the end. Made a really nice soup for lunch
Dinner may be potato and spinach balls in chicken broth.
Have a good one!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
Beeb, I'm glad that eating when you are truly hungry is working so well for you! Changing my eating pattern to get most of my calories in during the day has helped me overcome the urge to overeat or binge at night.

I'm doing okay with low carb/high fat, but have to admit I miss JUDDD and think that intermittent fasting has some real health benefits. When I did JUDDD last year I often waited as long as possible to eat, which may have contributed to the binges. I was also under a lot of stress from a job that I hated.

I may be playing with fire here, but I'm toying with the idea of incorporating JUDDD with low carb while continuing to eat earlier in the day. I have 60 lbs left to lose, and as much as I enjoy low carb it works very slowly for me.
Thanks!! I, too would LOVE to go back to JUDDD but I just know that it's a recipe for destruction for me so not a good idea! My weight was amazing on JUDDD and I miss how it made me feel, also but....

Please let us know how the JUDDD/LC works for you if you decide to try it! And I agree, it was the waiting to eat that caused the most problems for me on JUDDD. Now I don't wait, at least not purposely and it is making all the difference for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
I agree!

When I really tried hard at following Paul McKenna's rules I realized how little food I actually need. We went out to eat with my SO's family and I only ate a little bit and everyone kept asking if I was okay or if something was wrong with my meal.
I just read "the rules" and it is EXACTLY what I'm doing! So there is a name for my WOE eating now! And I'm ignoring the people who ask questions and reminding my DH that he is NOT to ask if I'm sure that is enough!

Quote:
Hello Ladies
Trying a potato day today to get rid of the water retention from yesterdays ham!
So far black coffee; diced a russet potato, some kale and a couple of mushrooms, simmered in beef broth(fat free) then added some salsa at the end. Made a really nice soup for lunch
Dinner may be potato and spinach balls in chicken broth.
Have a good one!
Interested to know how it goes, keep us informed!!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #163

Weighed in today at the same weight I was on Sunday morning and I'm fine with that. I'm hungry today but just for little things; cottage cheese for breakfast, 1/2 a bologna sandwich for lunch, some chicken breast planned for dinner and I'm sure a few snacks here and there between clients.

I printed out Paul McKenna's 4 Golden Rules and they are all over the house!! I this now my WOE and it's what I've been doing just didn't have a name for it!

Now I do!! (Thanks Jiggles!)
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #164

Glad to help and glad it's working for you! I hope to eat that way some day.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

I've decided to wait 2 weeks before jumping on board with JUDDD or IF again. I may be eating too few calories for LCHF, and need to work on that first.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #166
Administrator

I will
I did fine when I tried the potato hack before I got rid of a lot of retention. Hoping it will today, too. I didn't weigh (lol not a masochist!) but I can feel it in my fingers and my ankles are swollen
Old 04-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #167

Quote:
I will
I did fine when I tried the potato hack before I got rid of a lot of retention. Hoping it will today, too. I didn't weigh (lol not a masochist!) but I can feel it in my fingers and my ankles are swollen
May give this a try soon! Reading up on it now!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #168
Administrator

Well the potato day was a little tough but I made it through. Water retention is gone today Back to eating when/what I feel like having!
So far: coffee w/1/2&1/2 and a grilled chicken breast with salsa.
I plan on a steak, caesar salad (no croutons, going low carb today because it was all carb yesterday) and steamed zucchini with butter later.
Might have a latte as well
Old 04-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #169
Administrator

Adding this: I am freezing today! Hopefully that's the whoosh-fairy calling card
Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #170
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Sounds like everyone is making good progress.

I have been at my mom's for a few days. The night-eating monster doesn't get hold of me there like at home. I am up a couple of lbs, but that was just non-stop food overall, not any particular time of day.

I am happy to be home and to get back to normal. I am off work for a couple of days and plan to do some juicing.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
Glad to help and glad it's working for you! I hope to eat that way some day.
I'm lonely here on this WOE so looking forward to you joining me really soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
I've decided to wait 2 weeks before jumping on board with JUDDD or IF again. I may be eating too few calories for LCHF, and need to work on that first.
Sounds like a good plan to me and will be following your progress!

Quote:
Adding this: I am freezing today! Hopefully that's the whoosh-fairy calling card
Yup, whooshing on it's way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Sounds like everyone is making good progress.

I have been at my mom's for a few days. The night-eating monster doesn't get hold of me there like at home. I am up a couple of lbs, but that was just non-stop food overall, not any particular time of day.

I am happy to be home and to get back to normal. I am off work for a couple of days and plan to do some juicing.
Getting off the "normal" always derails me at times and it does feel good to get back on track! about the night eating monster, too while at Mom's!!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #172

I ate all day yesterday, little here, little there! I was just hungry for some reason but I tried to keep it reasonable, even though I ate WAY too many carbs and my Fibro is letting me know about it today!

I'm up in weight, but not concerned. With all I ate yesterday I was expecting more so I'm pleased it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Going lower carb today and really not hungry so I'm probably will eat only 2 meals, if that. Snacks are appealing today either so far and I like that!

Day 19 without a night time binge!! I'm so pleased!!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #173

Quote:
I'm lonely here on this WOE so looking forward to you joining me really soon!
Well, I think I'm going to join you now. 5:2 is okay and I may continue to throw in a DD here and there especially if I overeat one day but even that WOE feels too much like a "diet" to me.

I'm really going to focus on not overeating especially in the evenings. I think I will start by cutting my dinner portions in half. If I'm still hungry I can always eat a little more. But it seems like if it's on my plate I will eat it whether I need to or not. I do okay during the day at work because I only have so much food available to me.

I'm hoping I will still be able to lose weight this way and not just maintain though.

Quote:
Day 19 without a night time binge!! I'm so pleased!!
That awesome!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
I have decided to switch to 5:2 JUDD. I started binging on carbs and it is not even the time of the month when I usually binge. I am obsessing every day how much food I have left for the day. The truth is I am hungry on straight forward JUDD (on both UD and DD) so I reach for foods that have least amount of calories (but at the same time are high in carbs, which in turn makes me crave more carbs) and the binging begins.

I will not be counting calories on my UD and will eat till I am satisfied but will be staying low carb. I will have 2 DD a week with about (300-500 cal).
There are many people who do well on 5:2 and I hope this works well for me as well.

I am really tired of this binging and I don't think it is healthy for the body.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-02-2013 at 12:17 PM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I had an early lunch around 11 am then a snack around 2 pm. I had to eat dinner at 7:30 last night to avoid going back into low calorie mode. I wasn't all that hungry at first, but a salad with baby kale, blue cheese dressing, and crumbled bacon got my appetite going. I'd almost forgotten how good salads can be! I also ate a bunless cheeseburger and dill pickle with my meal.

I was up 1 lb on Sunday but probably won't weigh myself again until the end of the week.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #176
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hey gang!

Sorry to be MIA for a few days...I had a really close call last night. My work is just killing me right now. I am ready to pull my hair out. And of course, if anything leads to night-time eating - it's stress!! However, I didn't succomb to temptation. I opened the fridge door and just walked away.

23 days with no snacking at night!!

On the other hand, I did go up a bit on the scale over this holiday weekend and haven't done a darn thing to lose it. Soooooo, today I am back on Phase 1 (I do South Beach) and will get my butt in gear.

Lisa, I do salads just about every day for lunch. There are so many variations you can go with. Although bleu cheese dressing is for me. LOL.

How's everyone else doing today??

2014 Running Miles: 220
2014 Walking Miles: 194
2014 Biking Miles: 350
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #177
Administrator

April came in like a lion lol. We had really heavy rains overnight (needed the rain). A little East of of had baseball size hail. Glad we missed that part!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #178

I did well last night. I got home from work and did a workout for 40 min. so dinner was later than usual, which isn't a bad thing. It was almost 7 by the time we ate. I made sloppy joes (only we call them BBQ's ) and a pasta salad. I made half a BBQ for myself and had a little bit of the salad. I was perfectly fine with that. I did get a little hungry before bed (probably because I was up later than usual) but held off and didn't eat anything. I think after eating so much over the weekend I probably stretched my stomach out so I really need to eat much less now to shrink it back down.

Shooting for another controlled evening again tonight.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #179
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I made it through last night without snacking at all. I don't remember even thinking about it. I did have several glasses of wine, but that isn't the issue I am trying to overcome.

I am glad to hear others are doing well.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

April came in like a lion lol. We had really heavy rains overnight (needed the rain). A little East of of had baseball size hail. Glad we missed that part!
It rained like crazy here in Central TX too! It started right around the late afternoon rush hour. I was so grateful I didn't have to go out and drive in it. There were power outages but luckily my neighborhood was not affected.

I hear thunder rumbling right now and it's still cloudy out, so we will probably get more rain today. I used to call my cat the stormtracker because she would hide under the bed when she sensed a storm was coming.