Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Jeanie- hope you are back to normal today
Much better thanks. Through with pms yet?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Much better thanks. Through with pms yet?
not yet
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #93
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
not yet
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I wasn't going to weigh until Saturday, but could not resist this morning. I'm glad I did because I reached a new low of 189.4. My previous low was 190.2, so that's a difference of .8 lbs.

Today was the first time I've eaten dinner since making a conscious effort to avoid overeating at night. I was done eating by 6:00 pm and don't feel hungry at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I got them off Amazon, nothing local that I can find. According to their site Kroger, Safeway, whole foods, festival, roundys and publix carry them.
The long name is Michael Season's Baked Cheddar Cheese Puffs
I haven't tried the baked puffs, but the regular Michael Season's cheese puffs are so good. I can get them locally, which is a good and bad thing.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 AM   #95
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Good morning!
Hope everyone is off to a great start to the day
I am retaining water from the ham and WW frozen meal yesterday. No biggie, still no binges

B: coffee w/1/2&1/2; 2 eggs cooked in 1T butter; 2 slices double fiber toast
D: fish tacos using steamed cabbage leaves as the tortillas: 6oz tilapia, pan fried in 1tsp coconut oil;
3 cups angel hair cabbage and a few T chopped cilantro tossed w/2T mayo and 1/2tsp wasabi w/a little water to thin; 3 steamed cabbage leaves (aka: tortillas!);
D: 2 pouches tuna in water in a romaine, cucumber, tomato, jalapeno and green olive salad w/evoo and vinegar
1373 cals; 82 fat; 47g carbs; 21g fiber; 105g protein

If I skip breakfast (likely at this point) I'll have a chobani yogurt and stir some casien powder into it instead.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
I wasn't going to weigh until Saturday, but could not resist this morning. I'm glad I did because I reached a new low of 189.4. My previous low was 190.2, so that's a difference of .8 lbs.

Today was the first time I've eaten dinner since making a conscious effort to avoid overeating at night. I was done eating by 6:00 pm and don't feel hungry at all.
WTG!!!

Quote:
Good morning!
Hope everyone is off to a great start to the day
I am retaining water from the ham and WW frozen meal yesterday. No biggie, still no binges
to the water retention, but to the no binges!!

I got a good morning WHOOSH today!! down 1.2 pounds and I'm happy!! I had a low calorie day yesterday just because I just wasn't hungry! Clocked in at under 900 calories and that was good after the calorie day of the day before at 1900+! It's kinda like I'm doing IF but not trying or having the head issues that it brings because it's not the feast or famine mind set, it's just eating to hunger which is getting better and better everyday! I like this!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #97
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all,

It was a long week of business travel and of course, every meal was being eaten in a restaurant, hotel, airport. I am sorry to say I was up a lb from last Friday morning.

On the plus side, I have gotten through 11 nights with no night-time snacking!! Last night I walked in the door from my flight and was so tempted to eat something, but I stuck a couple pieces of SF gum in my mouth and got over it.

I am back in my groove today and will be eating OP straight from my kitchen!!

Jeanie, sorry to hear you had a tough week!

Lisa, Linda: Woo Hoo!! Great losses for both of you!!

I don't know about you all...but TGIF!!!

2014 Running Miles: 249
2014 Walking Miles: 273
2014 Biking Miles: 412
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #98
Administrator

The fish tacos were a winner I did sprinkle them with some pepper vinegar. I will add some vinegar or lime to the slaw next time, it needed the acidity.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

No more binging, TOM is here I just can't believe how hormones make my appetite ravenous. Now, back to eating low carb JUDD. Today was a DD and I only had about 500 cal.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
Marking my spot. Will come back to read in a bit.
faithgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgirl View Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

I ate 3 meals and no snacks today, zero temptation to eat after 6:00 pm. I didn't overeat but drank too much coffee and kind of made myself sick. oops. Had to take a dose of Pepto Bismol to settle my stomach.

I picked up Kitty's ashes from the vet clinic, and they included a clay plaque with her paw prints. I'm so glad they do this now and I have something tangible to remember her by.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #103
Administrator

Did well today
DH and I made a day of it. Ended up at a steak house for lunch. Way too much steak but I brought home half for supper lol.
I did have some fried pickles, but probably less than 1500 cals today.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
On the plus side, I have gotten through 11 nights with no night-time snacking!! Last night I walked in the door from my flight and was so tempted to eat something, but I stuck a couple pieces of SF gum in my mouth and got over it.

I am back in my groove today and will be eating OP straight from my kitchen!!
Good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgirl View Post
Welcome, Kathleen!

Quote:
I picked up Kitty's ashes from the vet clinic, and they included a clay plaque with her paw prints. I'm so glad they do this now and I have something tangible to remember her by.

Quote:
Did well today
DH and I made a day of it. Ended up at a steak house for lunch. Way too much steak but I brought home half for supper lol.
You are doing well, Dottie

Hi Linda and Jeanie

I am doing well for the past 2 days. Eating very low carb makes me feel in control.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Getting in all my calories before 6:00 pm seems to have given my metabolism a boost. I weighed in at a new low of 188 this morning.

I did up my calories a bit from 1400 to 1500, but I think the change in eating pattern is what's really doing it. I spent many years eating almost nothing during the day, then overeating or binging at night. I look forward to eating breakfast now and have no desire to eat after dinner.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi everyone
Hanging in there but feel the hormones kicking in-restless sleep waking often with a feeling of panic, cravings, depression and anxiety. I am trying increasing amino acids and 5thp this round to see if it helps. Also plan to walk lots this week if the weather cooperates shooting for 21 miles.

Last edited by jeaniem; 03-24-2013 at 08:06 AM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there, Jeanie

Good job, Lisa
Old 03-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #108
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
May I join you here?

Night eating is my problem too. I never get out of bed to eat, but I can a easily double my day's calories between dinner and bedtime.

I lost just over 80 lbs a couple of years ago and became an avid runner. I had the binging tendencies then too, but kept them under control. Someone upthread said they didn't want to ruin their workout- that was me. Staying in shape for my next race was more important to me that the Oreos in the cupboard.

I injured my foot about a year and a half ago, had surgery in January and can't do much of any exercise. I have gained 50 lbs back. I am sure at least 40 of them came from food eaten after a regular dinner.

I really need to get a handle on this.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina
Old 03-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #110
Administrator

After being low(er) carb for, well forever it seems it's amazing really how few carbs it takes to make you feel satisfied.
I used to think that 2oz was a joke as far as it being a serving of pasta. Being Italian, that was almost insulting! But really now, that's all it takes to fill me up! And I stay full for hours on it.
Just really paying attention to the changes in my appetite/cravings since I have decided not to "diet".
Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #111
Administrator

Going to attempt a low cal day today and see how the cravings/binge feelings go.

B: 98% lean ground beef(3oz), cabbage(1 cup chopped), cayenne, ginger, garlic, vinegar, 1 drop sweetener in beef broth(kind of a hot and sour soup); coffee
D: jalapeno popper chicken (boneless skinless breast, butterflied and stuffed with a laughing cow cheese wedge and fresh diced jalapeno, baked); steamed zucchini w/1T brummel and brown spread
S: 6oz 98% lean ground beef patty w/1sl ff cheese, pickles, tomato, onion and mustard on shredded romaine (cheeseburger salad)
Snacks: vanilla chai tea; celery w/ff ranch if needed

Approx 800 cals (with snacks); 30g fat; 22g carbs; 7g fiber; 92g protein
Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hello all,

It was a long week of business travel and of course, every meal was being eaten in a restaurant, hotel, airport. I am sorry to say I was up a lb from last Friday morning.

I think 1 pound is an amazing thing considering you ate out all the time! And with the 11 days! I'm inspired!

Quote:
I ate 3 meals and no snacks today, zero temptation to eat after 6:00 pm. I didn't overeat but drank too much coffee and kind of made myself sick. oops. Had to take a dose of Pepto Bismol to settle my stomach.

I was a sort of calming when I picked up Miss Cleo's ashes. She was home again with me.

on your eating! You are doing wonderful and give all of us a to know we can do this too!!

Quote:
Did well today
Doing wonderful, Miss Dot!!

Quote:
Getting in all my calories before 6:00 pm seems to have given my metabolism a boost. I weighed in at a new low of 188 this morning.

I did up my calories a bit from 1400 to 1500, but I think the change in eating pattern is what's really doing it. I spent many years eating almost nothing during the day, then overeating or binging at night. I look forward to eating breakfast now and have no desire to eat after dinner.
This is happening to me, also! I'm losing again and my hunger is low like in the "old days" so I'm not eating as much now a days. I range from 1900 to 900 just eating to hunger now and it's working great! I'm happy with this WOE, too and it's really natural to me since this is how I always ate up until 10 years ago! AND I'm not binging at night anymore!! I'm stopping most days before my 8 PM and just not hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Hi everyone
Hanging in there but feel the hormones kicking in-restless sleep waking often with a feeling of panic, cravings, depression and anxiety. I am trying increasing amino acids and 5thp this round to see if it helps. Also plan to walk lots this week if the weather cooperates shooting for 21 miles.
Hang in Jean! I'm finding that the day I decided NOT to diet is the day my thoughts about food started to heal and I was on my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
May I join you here?

Night eating is my problem too. I never get out of bed to eat, but I can a easily double my day's calories between dinner and bedtime.

I lost just over 80 lbs a couple of years ago and became an avid runner. I had the binging tendencies then too, but kept them under control. Someone upthread said they didn't want to ruin their workout- that was me. Staying in shape for my next race was more important to me that the Oreos in the cupboard.

I injured my foot about a year and a half ago, had surgery in January and can't do much of any exercise. I have gained 50 lbs back. I am sure at least 40 of them came from food eaten after a regular dinner.

I really need to get a handle on this.
and so glad to have you join us!! Great support and lots of good ideas here so post your questions and suggestions! We all need a little helping hand and this is what this thread is all about!!

Quote:
After being low(er) carb for, well forever it seems it's amazing really how few carbs it takes to make you feel satisfied.
I used to think that 2oz was a joke as far as it being a serving of pasta. Being Italian, that was almost insulting! But really now, that's all it takes to fill me up! And I stay full for hours on it.
Just really paying attention to the changes in my appetite/cravings since I have decided not to "diet".
Quote:
Going to attempt a low cal day today and see how the cravings/binge feelings go.

B: 98% lean ground beef(3oz), cabbage(1 cup chopped), cayenne, ginger, garlic, vinegar, 1 drop sweetener in beef broth(kind of a hot and sour soup); coffee
D: jalapeno popper chicken (boneless skinless breast, butterflied and stuffed with a laughing cow cheese wedge and fresh diced jalapeno, baked); steamed zucchini w/1T brummel and brown spread
S: 6oz 98% lean ground beef patty w/1sl ff cheese, pickles, tomato, onion and mustard on shredded romaine (cheeseburger salad)
Snacks: vanilla chai tea; celery w/ff ranch if needed

Approx 800 cals (with snacks); 30g fat; 22g carbs; 7g fiber; 92g protein
and sounds like good food/recipes for today! I'll be over soon for lunch! I love the jalapeno popper chicken idea, and will be making it soon!!

Last edited by Beeb; 03-25-2013 at 07:31 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #113

Down today to 153.6! I'm so happy about seeing this 153 number and I'm also about my eating habits that are forming with NOT dieting anymore!!

I'm eating to hunger, some days quite a bit, some days much lower but I'm never hungry anymore, I am not binging all night with my 8 PM cut off time and I am now "thinking" about what I really want to eat, not just eating anything at all because I'm hungry.

2 weeks agp driving home from work I thought about what I would have when I got home. I planned out the whole meal, and was passing a food place and thought "maybe I'll just stop now and get something". I didn't really want that kind of food but I was hungry. Well, I stopped myself and said "THIS type of food is NOT what you want and you can wait the 30 minutes to get what you have planned already and what you REALLY want"! It worked and I have been doing this every since! I only eat what I REALLY want and not just mindless food to eat something! Some days it takes a bit to figure out what I REALLY want but when I do and then I eat it I am finding that I'm totally satisfied, and stay full longer!

Maybe it a mind over matter thing but eating what I REALLY want opposed to just eating "something" is a good thing for me! AND I'm not overeating, either on this thing I REALLY want. I'm stopping when I'm full and happy!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I faced a challenge with a low carb deep dish pizza. When I've made something like this in the past, I would eat a very large portion, go over on calories for the day, and end up feeling overstuffed. I allowed myself to eat 2 portions since this meal covered both lunch and dinner, and still felt hungry afterward. I drank water, took a l-glutamine capsule, and distracted myself until I no longer felt hungry. It was tough but I didn't give in! The funny thing is after all that I woke up with almost no appetite.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Down today to 153.6! I'm so happy about seeing this 153 number and I'm also about my eating habits that are forming with NOT dieting anymore!!

I'm eating to hunger, some days quite a bit, some days much lower but I'm never hungry anymore, I am not binging all night with my 8 PM cut off time and I am now "thinking" about what I really want to eat, not just eating anything at all because I'm hungry.

2 weeks agp driving home from work I thought about what I would have when I got home. I planned out the whole meal, and was passing a food place and thought "maybe I'll just stop now and get something". I didn't really want that kind of food but I was hungry. Well, I stopped myself and said "THIS type of food is NOT what you want and you can wait the 30 minutes to get what you have planned already and what you REALLY want"! It worked and I have been doing this every since! I only eat what I REALLY want and not just mindless food to eat something! Some days it takes a bit to figure out what I REALLY want but when I do and then I eat it I am finding that I'm totally satisfied, and stay full longer!

Maybe it a mind over matter thing but eating what I REALLY want opposed to just eating "something" is a good thing for me! AND I'm not overeating, either on this thing I REALLY want. I'm stopping when I'm full and happy!
WTG on the weight loss and figuring out what works for you! I try not to eat just because I'm hungry, but to choose a meal that is satisfying.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #116
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Well, I'm trying 5:2 again starting today. I need to do something to try get this extra weight off. I thought about JUDDD and then started freaking out about all the DD's so I decided 5:2 would be a good start. Monday and Thursday will be my DD's. It's nice that I can be flexible with the days though. Mondays are usually good days for me to eat less because I usually overindulge on the weekend and am ready for less food.

I did do pretty well with not snacking in the evenings last week so I am really going to continue to focus on that. Along with focusing on not overeating the night before a DD to compensate for the next day being so low calorie. If I plan ahead for some filling low cal dishes that would probably help. I always plan on planning ahead but then never follow through and just end up grabbing whatever.

One thing I know I need to do is start planning more meals for the weekends. We tend to eat out a lot, which is fine, but when we are home I don't have anything planned and then we end up snacking on chips and junk and never really eat a meal. This needs to change because it causes me to gain any weight I might have lost over the week.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
Well, I'm trying 5:2 again starting today. I need to do something to try get this extra weight off. I thought about JUDDD and then started freaking out about all the DD's so I decided 5:2 would be a good start. Monday and Thursday will be my DD's. It's nice that I can be flexible with the days though. Mondays are usually good days for me to eat less because I usually overindulge on the weekend and am ready for less food.

I did do pretty well with not snacking in the evenings last week so I am really going to continue to focus on that. Along with focusing on not overeating the night before a DD to compensate for the next day being so low calorie. If I plan ahead for some filling low cal dishes that would probably help. I always plan on planning ahead but then never follow through and just end up grabbing whatever.

One thing I know I need to do is start planning more meals for the weekends. We tend to eat out a lot, which is fine, but when we are home I don't have anything planned and then we end up snacking on chips and junk and never really eat a meal. This needs to change because it causes me to gain any weight I might have lost over the week.
Good luck on 5:2! I actually loved the plan but gained and lost the same 2 to 3 pounds every week AND I found even with only 2 DDs I was overeating the day before that DD! IF of any kind just doesn't work for me, it's sad to say! I for you that this works because it really is so doable and easy!!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #118
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Thanks Beeb.

I don't know yet if I have the binge monster totally under control but I am going to continue to work on it. Hopefully I can keep the night before a DD under control. I'm hoping since I'm only doing 2 a week that it will be easier to manage. The idea of 3 DDs (even on JUDDD I only did 3 DD a week) made me feel so I know I'm definitely not ready for that yet.

I'm a bit concerned on whether I'll be able to lose with 5:2 but I figured if I'm cutting calories on 2 DD's and I get the nighttime snacking under control that I will certainly be taking in less calories that I normally have been and therefore, should lose weight. Probably not all of it that way but it should be a start.

If anything, I definitely need to stop gaining!
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #119

Quote:
Yesterday I faced a challenge with a low carb deep dish pizza. When I've made something like this in the past, I would eat a very large portion, go over on calories for the day, and end up feeling overstuffed. I allowed myself to eat 2 portions since this meal covered both lunch and dinner, and still felt hungry afterward. I drank water, took a l-glutamine capsule, and distracted myself until I no longer felt hungry. It was tough but I didn't give in! The funny thing is after all that I woke up with almost no appetite.
this! ^^^^
Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #120
Administrator

Hello! Hope everyone is having a great day
Linda is was really good, but man that jalapeno was HOT! I love hot food but that had my tongue on fire lol.

Well I started thinking about the low calories today and nearly lost it So I'm not "there" yet. I did have an iced coffee (sugar free ) and a light lemon pie yogurt, so not too bad and it kind of calmed my "want to binge" feeling.

Tomorrow will be better!