Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 03:37 AM   #61
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Good morning!
Marika: hang in there

B: just coffee w/a little heavy cream. Going to grab a latte later so I'll make up the calories
D: experiment with a sort of burrito that I posted above. a low-carb pita, split to make 2 "tortillas" filled with pureed and seasoned garbanzo beans, fresh avocado slices, shredded lettuce, diced tomato and a mix of sour cream and salsa
S: round steak, peppers and onions simmered in tomato sauce; zucchini "noodles" sprinkled w/parmesan and some of the tomato sauce from the steak; romaine w/light caesar dressing

1200 cals; 70g fat; 64g protein; 90g carbs; 30g fiber

I have some calorie and protein wiggle room, so I may have some chilled shrimp as an afternoon snack with garlic butter for about 200 calories and 18g protein, which would make it more in the ballpark I'm shooting for.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/ <-- food and exercise tracking
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #62
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Morning All!! .2 pound loss today! I'll take anything I can right now!!

Started the day with hot lemon water and tea w/FF half and half. Not hungry at all right now so I'll wait to eat B if any at all. Probably a small breakfast/lunch combo and then going to a new pizza place for dinner that is suppose to have the best thin crust pizza. 2 slices and a salad is probably what I'll eat so I'll guessing about 600 calories for dinner? Will figure it out when I get home tonight.

I may make this a low calorie day, but will see.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Well, the weekend was a bust. I ate way too much. I think I was subconsciously thinking that this is a diet and I better eat while I can. Dumb, considering it's not a diet at all for me.

I decided over the weekend to pull out my Turbo Jam DVD's and use the beginner calendar and stick to it. I've never followed it before. I started last night. I think I can stick to it. It helps with not overeating too because I didn't want to ruin my workout.

I'm not counting calories, just trying to eat less and not snack in the evenings now or when I'm not hungry. I am writing down what I eat though so I can be honest with myself if the weigh ins don't go the way I like.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I was up a lb this morning, but not going to worry about it because I know I haven't gone over on calories. I won't weigh again until Saturday, daily weigh-ins make me focus too much on the scale.

I woke up at 6:00 am and only had coffee until I fixed breakfast (bacon & eggs) at 8:00. I didn't want to eat too early and be hungry later in the day. Right now I'm full but not stuffed and don't even want to think about food. That's a good thing!
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
Well, the weekend was a bust. I ate way too much. I think I was subconsciously thinking that this is a diet and I better eat while I can. Dumb, considering it's not a diet at all for me.

I decided over the weekend to pull out my Turbo Jam DVD's and use the beginner calendar and stick to it. I've never followed it before. I started last night. I think I can stick to it. It helps with not overeating too because I didn't want to ruin my workout.

I'm not counting calories, just trying to eat less and not snack in the evenings now or when I'm not hungry. I am writing down what I eat though so I can be honest with myself if the weigh ins don't go the way I like.
This is a major issue with lots of us who have come off of doing an IF type of WOE. Many don't talk about it, but it's out there and one of the pitfalls of IF WOE, I'm being told and finding out. I, too started out thinking AGAIN I had to eat but after the first week of just watching and being mindful those thoughts about EAT are slowly slipping away and I'm very happy about this! I admire you doing that exercise! Right now I just want to do nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
I was up a lb this morning, but not going to worry about it because I know I haven't gone over on calories. I won't weigh again until Saturday, daily weigh-ins make me focus too much on the scale.

I woke up at 6:00 am and only had coffee until I fixed breakfast (bacon & eggs) at 8:00. I didn't want to eat too early and be hungry later in the day. Right now I'm full but not stuffed and don't even want to think about food. That's a good thing!
The scale make me , too but I find if I don't weigh everyday I kid myself into thinking all is well and then I'm in trouble! Someday I would like to just forget about the darn scale, period!!

And you KNOW that pound is stupid water! It will be gone and hopefully that some of it's friends with it at your next weigh in!

Last edited by Beeb; 03-19-2013 at 07:50 AM..
Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #66
Administrator

Ok this was so good! Really hit the spot for Mexican food.
I drained a can of garbanzo beans and then pureed it with a stick blender (the beans, about 1/3 cup water, 1tsp chili powder, 1/2tsp cumin, 1/4tsp garlic powder, a shake of salt and pepper) yesterday, divided it into 3.5 servings(because the can says that’s how many lol) and refrigerated it over night so the flavors could blend.
I mixed 2oz avocado with 2T light sour cream and 2T hot salsa and let that sit to blend.
Chopped 1 small roma tomato and tossed that with 1 cup shredded romaine, salt and pepper.
Snipped the low-carb pita into 2 rounds and warmed them slightly. Warmed the “refried beans” and filled the pita rounds with everything.
I also sliced and roasted a zucchini for a side dish.
So for: 389 cals; 16g fat; 55g carbs; 21g fiber and 21g protein I had a VERY filling meal.
Warning: the low-carb tortillas may be better suited because this was messy lol.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #67

Sounds wonderful!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Jenny- best of luck with the colonoscopy. I had few of them and they only sounds scary but in fact there is nothing to be afraid of. The worst part is the prep. Take care

Linda- nice on .2 loss (everything counts, right?)

Dottie- your recipes sound scrumptious!

Lisa- don't worry about 1 lb. It will be gone sooner than you know.

jiggles- enjoy your Turbo Jam, it is so much fun

OK, so maybe this binge is finally leaving me, at least that's how it started feeling this afternoon. I think I have put on about 5 lbs of fat but if will come off with few UD DD rotations. Like I said previously, the only way form me to control the PMS binging is to stay low carb. I guess, I should listen to my ID: tobelowcarber

Take care everyone!

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 03-19-2013 at 04:17 PM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
Doing the prep now ugh!! I'll be glad when I can eat tomorrow.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I'm slowly moving the bulk of my caloric intake to evenings. Not binging, just not doing this food as fuel thing the way my body needs. Tomorrow I am going to try to eat earlier. This will help me. My protein needs to get back up there or I'm going to keep feeling tired. A week or two ago I added in shakes and Atkins bars (which I don't really want to be doing) because I knew I wasn't eating enough. Well, now I'm eating even less. And I gave up the shakes. So, I just ate a bar and a shake and tomorrow I will eat before noon and again twice more and I will feel better. I will, I will!

Read me
And also...
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
OK, so maybe this binge is finally leaving me, at least that's how it started feeling this afternoon. I think I have put on about 5 lbs of fat but if will come off with few UD DD rotations. Like I said previously, the only way form me to control the PMS binging is to stay low carb. I guess, I should listen to my ID: tobelowcarber

Take care everyone!
I'm thinking you didn't really gain 5 pounds of fat, but it sure feels that way sometimes! I'm sure it will be gone in no time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Thinking about you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
I'm slowly moving the bulk of my caloric intake to evenings. Not binging, just not doing this food as fuel thing the way my body needs. Tomorrow I am going to try to eat earlier. This will help me. My protein needs to get back up there or I'm going to keep feeling tired. A week or two ago I added in shakes and Atkins bars (which I don't really want to be doing) because I knew I wasn't eating enough. Well, now I'm eating even less. And I gave up the shakes. So, I just ate a bar and a shake and tomorrow I will eat before noon and again twice more and I will feel better. I will, I will!
I am finding most days eating earlier is helping a lot to help in not eating all night long. I still need to work on it, but it's starting to work where I can't stay too long now in the morning without eating something and eating after 8 pm is not happening anymore. And I wish i was eating less like you! This still is my problem, too much food/not enough exercise!

What started out as a plan to have a low calorie day turned into 1799 calories! The pizza was amazing, and an 18 inch pie! Only size they sold, too! I had 1.5 slices that still totaled close to 600 calories (and this was for just cheese)!! Add the salad and all the little things I had today because I just got hungry this afternoon and there you go, too many calories when I was trying to make today a smaller calorie day! BUT, I haven't eaten anything pass 7:30 tonight and I'm happy about this!! The whole idea is to stop the night eating and this I'm accomplishing so I'm good!! AND this weather is just not the type of weather that makes you NOT want to eat either! All I want to do is eat when it's cold, dreary, and always windy!! I just can't wait until it gets warmer!!

Onward and downward (in weight) in the days to come!!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good luck for today, Jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I'm thinking you didn't really gain 5 pounds of fat, but it sure feels that way sometimes! I'm sure it will be gone in no time!!
I am up 10 lb in 1 week. I know half must be water but there is definitely weight gain. Eating extra 4000 cal a day will do it I will loose it again, like I have done previously but just don't want to repeat the cycle of self destruction again.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #73
Administrator

Good morning!
Well the water weight (that I put on eating salty foods while son was home) is finally starting to leave
One day at a time ladies, right?

B: coffee w/1/2&1/2; breakfast taco(low-carb tortila, refried garbanzo beans(1/3 cup), eggs(1), salsa (2T))
D: zucchini noodles(2 zucchinis) w/home made bolognese sauce(1/2 cup) and a sprinkle of parm; romaine with olive garden light dressing
S: beef liver (8oz, pan fried w/1 tsp coconut oil) and onions(1/2 a small yellow onion); shredded cabbage(2 cups) dressed w/EVOO(1T) and vinegar
Snacks: chai tea w/heavy cream; grapes(20 dark red); laughing cow (1) w/celery(3 stalks)

1250 cals; 55g fat; 113g carbs; 22g fiber; 88g protein
(snacks are optional if I need them)
Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dottie- are you still on JUDD?
Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #75
Administrator

Not now, no. I may consider it (or 5:2) once I feel that I'm back in control of the binges, but I know I need to take the time to really get off the "diet" mind set
Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Good luck for today, Jeanie

I am up 10 lb in 1 week. I know half must be water but there is definitely weight gain. Eating extra 4000 cal a day will do it I will loose it again, like I have done previously but just don't want to repeat the cycle of self destruction again.
I'm sure you will get this weight off, and very soon!! And you are very wise to get it before it gets you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Not now, no. I may consider it (or 5:2) once I feel that I'm back in control of the binges, but I know I need to take the time to really get off the "diet" mind set
EXACTLY!! I keep reminding myself that I'm NOT on a diet but a plan getting my mind set into normal mode as far as eating and controlling when I eat. The rest will fall into place! I started on Tuesday doing the "religiously counting calories" again and was heading down that OCD route again so today I'm doing the loosely counting again. Recorded breakfast calories but for the rest of the day I'll loosely count the foods I eat BUT I will be VERY mindful of my body's stop and full signals! I think this is the only way I'll ever have a normal relationship with food again!

I'm up .2 today and this is a miracle considering the salty stuff I overate yesterday. Keeping my salty foods down to a minumim to day and drinking LOTS of my lemon water! What I'm so surprised about is how much I'm loving and craving this lemon water! I never drank water before and now I just can't get enough! Even DH is surprised!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #77
Administrator

Oddly the "diet mind" thing is what makes me (mentally) want to binge! I'm still planning my main calories for the day, but I leave plenty of wiggle room if I decide on something else. So I'm not obsessing over it, but I am aware (if that makes sense)
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

I am not very happy right now. The prep kept me up most of the night and I was still going until about an hour before the appt this morning. Now that I am home the diarrhea is back I have to let my boss know soon whether I think I can work tomorrow or not and I'm not sure what to tell her at this point. I don't get paid if I take the day off, so I don't want to take the day and then be fine by then.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am not very happy right now. The prep kept me up most of the night and I was still going until about an hour before the appt this morning. Now that I am home the diarrhea is back I have to let my boss know soon whether I think I can work tomorrow or not and I'm not sure what to tell her at this point. I don't get paid if I take the day off, so I don't want to take the day and then be fine by then.
Sorry to hear that you are still going. It never happened with me. Maybe it will stop soon. If not maybe you should ask your doctor. I hope it ends soon. Take care

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 03-20-2013 at 12:29 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

I am being whiney I suppose but I really thought this would be an easy peasy procedure and I would be fine by now, but my stomach is so bloated and gassy that I have to wear sweat pants. Glad I don't have to do this again anytime soon!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #81
Administrator

Good morning!
Well the binge monster was under control again yesterday
I did find a surprisingly good 100 calorie pack of cheese puffs "Season's Snacks Cheddar Puffs". They're wheat and gluten free, non GMO corn, baked and kosher, and there's a lot of them in the pack for 100 calories.

B: Coffee w/1T heavy cream; I had 2 eggs cooked in 1T butter, and 2 slices of bacon planned but I am not hungry so I may have the bacon with my dinner
D: ham and cheese sandwich(double fiber bread, lean ham, laughing cow cheese, lettuce, tomato, 1T mayo); chicken broth w/diced zucchini, celery and mushrooms; season's cheddar puffs (maybe)
S: weight watchers chicken enchilada suiza; romaine, tomato and cucumber salad w/olive garden light dressing

1243 cals; 63g fat; 105g carbs; 23g fiber; 53g protein (if I eat everything -240 if I skip the eggs and butter)
Old 03-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #82

Quote:
I hope you feel like yourself soon! Sorry you had to go through this!!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #83

Grrrrrrrr!!! EATING OUT! I swear this is my downfall! Even when I eat "right", better choices I still gain a bit the next day! And HOW do you figure out calories in food you have no idea how it's made?

Salt, sugar, chemical, etc.! OK, rant over!

Up .4 today and such is life! I am keeping to not eating after 8 still and that is the purpose of it all anyway!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #84
Administrator

Who knows what they add. Salt, msg, other chemicals. Really can cause your body to hold onto water. I swear even some places that claim they use "all natural" seasonings are fudging on that a little. Of course MSG can be labeled as "natural flavor" so it's a crap shoot to figure out what has it and what doesn't.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Grrrrrrrr!!! EATING OUT! I swear this is my downfall! Even when I eat "right", better choices I still gain a bit the next day! And HOW do you figure out calories in food you have no idea how it's made?

Salt, sugar, chemical, etc.! OK, rant over!

Up .4 today and such is life! I am keeping to not eating after 8 still and that is the purpose of it all anyway!
Try not to worry Linda We both know we can have a stellar day with all counts accurate even when we eat at home and still the scale goes up. This mental game is hard for me-even though I tell myself I am not worrying/counting carbs or calories I still manage to do so in my head!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good morning!
Well the binge monster was under control again yesterday
I did find a surprisingly good 100 calorie pack of cheese puffs "Season's Snacks Cheddar Puffs". They're wheat and gluten free, non GMO corn, baked and kosher, and there's a lot of them in the pack for 100 calories.

B: Coffee w/1T heavy cream; I had 2 eggs cooked in 1T butter, and 2 slices of bacon planned but I am not hungry so I may have the bacon with my dinner
D: ham and cheese sandwich(double fiber bread, lean ham, laughing cow cheese, lettuce, tomato, 1T mayo); chicken broth w/diced zucchini, celery and mushrooms; season's cheddar puffs (maybe)
S: weight watchers chicken enchilada suiza; romaine, tomato and cucumber salad w/olive garden light dressing

1243 cals; 63g fat; 105g carbs; 23g fiber; 53g protein (if I eat everything -240 if I skip the eggs and butter)

Where did you find the puffs? Popcorn has kept me on track lately, but I have noticed some nasal congestion which is always a sign to me that my body doesn't like something I am eating, so it is probably the popcorn unfortunately.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #87
Administrator

I got them off Amazon, nothing local that I can find. According to their site Kroger, Safeway, whole foods, festival, roundys and publix carry them.
The long name is Michael Season's Baked Cheddar Cheese Puffs
Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Who knows what they add. Salt, msg, other chemicals. Really can cause your body to hold onto water. I swear even some places that claim they use "all natural" seasonings are fudging on that a little. Of course MSG can be labeled as "natural flavor" so it's a crap shoot to figure out what has it and what doesn't.
I know it amazing how much junk they can add and they get away with wording it "natural flavors". I stopped buying anything prepared, except for mustard and pickles. Eating out in the restaurant is not fun anymore (at least in this country).
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie- hope you are back to normal today
Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I got them off Amazon, nothing local that I can find. According to their site Kroger, Safeway, whole foods, festival, roundys and publix carry them.
The long name is Michael Season's Baked Cheddar Cheese Puffs
Thanks