Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Lisa, I'm SO sorry about your kitty! Losing a pet can be just terrible and my heart is with you right now!
Thank you. I got to see an old friend who was in town this week, and that helped keep my mind off the loss. My son's cat has been hanging out with me when he's at work or school. It would probably be worse if the house was cat-free.

Yesterday I stopped eating at 5 pm and wasn't hungry at all during the evening.
Eating meals early in the day and taking pterostilbene seems to really work for me. I'm not going to weigh myself for a few days because it's shark week and I feel a bit bloated.

Another thing I've found helpful is not to worry too much about a daily calorie limit. This screenshot below shows my daily calories & macros for the last week. As you can see, it's all over the place from day to day but averages out to just under 1400.

[IMG]http://www.bunniee.net/images/***********.jpg[/IMG]
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I posted this in the other NES thread before seeing this one you started, Linda. So I'll repost my NES findings/success here:

FWIW Linda, I, too, have had issues with NES. Partly because I stay up until midnight; partly because my husband is a late night snacker, right in front of me. NOTHING has worked for me that some say helps, like eating a high protein breakfast w/in 30 minutes of rising, eating more, smaller meals throughout the day, IF or JUDDD. What consistently keeps me from snacking at night is eating 3 normal meals, at around 6AM, 12 NOON, and my large dinner around 7PM and then eating nothing else (only fluids after 7pm).

You see, when I was growing up and most of my adult life, Mom and I always served dinner around 5:30-6pm. Probably because both my folks were raised on farms where folks tend to eat their evening meal earlier and then they usually went to bed shortly after dark, because they were TIRED doing farm chores all day long.

BIG mistake for me. When I am forced to hold dinner over until 7pm (due to hubby away from the house or it's just not done yet), I consistently find I NEVER get hungry again before bedtime. I've had a BIG meal too recently and still feel stuffed from dinner. If I do experience hunger I often realize I just "want" food and don't have actual gnawing, hunger-pangs that I can never ignore. I find I can go on to bed/sleep at midnight without eating something to quell anay desire to "taste" some particular food. We humans often WANT food but don't actually have HUNGER. I often feel less hungry the next morning when I wake up, too, eating supper later. But I still make myself eat breakfast. I NOW think the regularly-spaced intake of food is more essential to our metabolic systems than we realize, to avoid them thinking there is a "famine" and readjusting everything. That's one of the main reasons I stopped JUDDDing, really, despite the psychological feeling of being genuinely "deprived" on DD's.

If you're inclined to eat supper early, pushing that big meal off later might have the same effect on you. Man, those are the ONLY days I don't experience NES. And like you, it's a tough "habit/addiction" to beat.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
What is it about being around other people that makes me want to eat? Like, it's a social thing or something...My mom is visiting and we stayed up watching a movie. I ate some pork rinds, but kept remembering this thread and was able to stop, but normally I don't even eat things like that. I was able to stop and not eat the entire bag because basically I think they are gross, which was my goal. I debated busting out my food processor and whipping up some brussels sprouts after my mom went to bed. Luckily, the room she stayed in was adjacent to the kitchen. Didn't want to wake her up. I flew to my bed after that. So, I guess I've mostly got it under control, but what is it about being with other people and focusing on the consumption of food?

Read me
And also...
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
I have a carb hang-over today. It is an awful feeling but at least I don't feel like binging. The only way stay out of trouble for me is to go low carb. So far I am having a good low carb day.

Linda- how about eating something before you go out tonight.

Lisa- sorry about losing your precious kitty. I know it is not easy

Heidi- I am just the opposite, my appetite goes down when I have company. I am lonely binger you can say.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Marika, I am like that when I am not at home. I have this crazy thing where I don't like to eat in front of people until I really know them.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #36
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Had a good day today
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sitting in my dark room on the opposite side of the house from the kitchen! :-)
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #38
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
I'm sitting in my dark room on the opposite side of the house from the kitchen! :-)

I'm fighting eating right now since I had sugary desserts this evening after my Irish dinner! I am finding sugar to be the worst trigger for me! Eat some bread, have a potato, any other kind of this carb and I'm fine. Sugar carbs and I'm done for!!

Going to fight this tonight, drinking my lemon water and maybe having a hot pot of herbal tea in a bit but I'M GOING TO FIGHT THIS TONIGHT!!

I had about 1700 calories in total today and I am happy with this considering all the food I was looking at sitting around my friends table!

Tomorrow is another day and I want to put one more night/notch onto my "no eating after 8" belt!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-17-2013 at 07:22 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

You can do it!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #40

Quote:
You can do it!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
You can and will do it Linda! Just think how good you will feel tomorrow morning knowing you stuck to your plan.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
You can and will do it Linda! Just think how good you will feel tomorrow morning knowing you stuck to your plan.
!! I'm actually doing OK right now! Lemon water really does turn off the sugar cravings and THIS is a great thing!!

Last edited by Beeb; 03-17-2013 at 08:30 PM..
Old 03-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Lemon water is a great diuretic too!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
Thank you. I got to see an old friend who was in town this week, and that helped keep my mind off the loss. My son's cat has been hanging out with me when he's at work or school. It would probably be worse if the house was cat-free.

Yesterday I stopped eating at 5 pm and wasn't hungry at all during the evening.
Eating meals early in the day and taking pterostilbene seems to really work for me. I'm not going to weigh myself for a few days because it's shark week and I feel a bit bloated.

Another thing I've found helpful is not to worry too much about a daily calorie limit. This screenshot below shows my daily calories & macros for the last week. As you can see, it's all over the place from day to day but averages out to just under 1400.

[IMG]http://www.bunniee.net/images/***********.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks! It really put things in perspective for me and I'm sure others!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #45

Quote:
Lemon water is a great diuretic too!
Yes, I know and I need to figure out a way to drink this and NOT "go" in the middle of the night!

Last edited by Beeb; 03-17-2013 at 08:29 PM..
Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
A small victory: I made fat bombs last night with almond butter & cocoa and did not eat a single one. I wasn't hungry at all so that helped, but I've eaten sweets even when full before.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda- hope the lemon water helped.

I had a good Sunday. The only carbs came from cucumber and pickles

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 03-18-2013 at 05:29 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Had a good day today
Dottie

Quote:
Heidi
Quote:
A small victory: I made fat bombs last night with almond butter & cocoa and did not eat a single one. I wasn't hungry at all so that helped, but I've eaten sweets even when full before.
nice job Lisa
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #49
Administrator

Good morning!

B: scrambled eggs and bacon; coffee
D: using the leftover cauliflower rice, going to saute it with lean ground beef and salsa and make a Spanish Rice
S: pork chops pan fried w/onions and mushrooms; big salad and might make some sausage and cream cheese stuffed mushrooms as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #50
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

Well, I got through an entire week with NO night-time snacking!! I know this thread was a HUGE part of that. I feel like I have all these good vibes surrounding me.

I was slightly up today on the scale, which is no surprise after having some (salty) corned beef and a couple of Miller Lites yesterday at the St Patrick's Day party we went to. I successfully avoided the Mac and Cheese, Bread, and desserts that were offered.

So TEAM NES (!!) I am off to Anaheim/LAX this week, back on Friday. The one good thing about business travel is I don't have food in my hotel room, so I can't snack at night.

Bacon Bit, you sound like me...some nights I go watch TV or read in the basement where I cannot see the kitchen!!

Have a good week everyone...I will check back in on Friday.

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #51
Administrator

I was thinking about making this dish for dinner tomorrow, but subbing garbanzo beans (mashed, seasoned with chili powder, cumin and garlic) in place of the refried beans since garbanzo's are supposed to be lower glycemic than beans.
And using a low-carb pita, split to make 2 circles in place of tortillas.
Will let you know how it turns out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burrito_recipe.JPG (67.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #52
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
I was thinking about making this dish for dinner tomorrow, but subbing garbanzo beans (mashed, seasoned with chili powder, cumin and garlic) in place of the refried beans since garbanzo's are supposed to be lower glycemic than beans.
Sounds delish! Maybe use fresh avocado too, less additives than already prepared guacamole.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #53
Administrator

Agreed I keep a pack of the pre-made in the freezer "just in case" but prefer fresh avocados, and they're usually cheap and plentiful here!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #54

Quote:
I this and you have inspired me today, ty!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Linda- hope the lemon water helped.

I had a good Sunday. The only carbs came from cucumber and pickles
Hurray for your good Sunday!! And yes, the lemon water helps A LOT!! I didn't eat anything at all and am down .6 pounds which I was totally about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hello all!!

Well, I got through an entire week with NO night-time snacking!! I know this thread was a HUGE part of that. I feel like I have all these good vibes surrounding me.

I was slightly up today on the scale, which is no surprise after having some (salty) corned beef and a couple of Miller Lites yesterday at the St Patrick's Day party we went to. I successfully avoided the Mac and Cheese, Bread, and desserts that were offered.

So TEAM NES (!!) I am off to Anaheim/LAX this week, back on Friday. The one good thing about business travel is I don't have food in my hotel room, so I can't snack at night.

Have a good week everyone...I will check back in on Friday.
How wonderful to hear!! I have 6 nights under my belt and looking for many more to come! Safe trip and see you when you get back!!

Quote:
This sounds really good but I can't do the garbanzo beans! Will have to think of something for a replacement, or maybe just leave them out! I have the rest of the recipe, though, sounds SO !
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #55

I like Wiz's name for us: Team NES!! I'm finding you guys the BEST and love the support that immediately appears when I post a struggle I'm having! Thank you!

We WILL all push past our issues, be healthy in mind and body and maybe even lose a few pounds on the way!!

I'm down .6 pounds and on my way!!

B....Oatmeal and tea
S....?
L.....Progresso light soup, or a turkey sandwich
S....?
D....Steak, Korean Yam, sauteed spinach and mushroom, salad or boiled cabbage (LOVE cabbage!)

Last edited by Beeb; 03-18-2013 at 09:44 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #56
Administrator

I wonder if hominy, seasoned and pureed, would give a similar taste and texture. I know Junitas hominy claims to be pretty low-carb
Old 03-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Not doing too well today. I had a perfect day yesterday and this morning was looking good but all of the sudden the cravings came back and I binged again Just when I thought I had it under control the cravings come back. Thank you hormones!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Not doing too well today. I had a perfect day yesterday and this morning was looking good but all of the sudden the cravings came back and I binged again Just when I thought I had it under control the cravings come back. Thank you hormones!
OH our dear friend! It's OK, lesson learned, now try to make the rest of the day a good one...all is not lost!!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you are feeling better Marika. It is hard I know

I have done well for 5 days now and have been having popcorn every night
I am still losing though and it beats the heck out of binging, don't know if it is healthy though. I have been using mostly my air popper, I think I should probably buy organic or non gmo at least. I have been doing lots of walking even out in the sleet today, it really seems to help me when I am having cravings.

Anyone had a colonoscopy yet? I have to fast tomorrow and have one done on Wednesday, I am eating a little more this evening so I don't get to crazy hungry.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #60

Quote:
Hope you are feeling better Marika. It is hard I know

I have done well for 5 days now and have been having popcorn every night
I am still losing though and it beats the heck out of binging, don't know if it is healthy though. I have been using mostly my air popper, I think I should probably buy organic or non gmo at least. I have been doing lots of walking even out in the sleet today, it really seems to help me when I am having cravings.

Anyone had a colonoscopy yet? I have to fast tomorrow and have one done on Wednesday, I am eating a little more this evening so I don't get to crazy hungry.
Air popped, organic, whatever....it's working for you so don't fix it!! And I admire you walking in this weather! I'm so cold I just want to stay in my sweat pants and sweater and type away on the computer all day and night! Be well on Wednesday and keep up the good job!

I had 1321 calories total today and this included a steak, yam, spinach/mushroom/garlic saute, several little snacks and a small but filling breakfast and lunch. I am full and happy right now, stopped eating right after dinner at 7:30 and now drinking my lemon water!

It's been a good day!