Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
Thanks Wiz- I really feel that going low carb is the key for me. I hope it works for you as well. Is the SBD low carb? Sorry, I am not familiar with it.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #272
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Thanks Wiz- I really feel that going low carb is the key for me. I hope it works for you as well. Is the SBD low carb? Sorry, I am not familiar with it.
SBD = South Beach Diet. It allows higher carb levels than Atkins, but it is all about good carbs (i.e. high fiber).
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #273
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, where is everybody? Am I the only one who hasn't kicked the night-time snacking habit??

In any case, I went to bed absolutely starving last night - stomach growling, etc. but I didn't snack. And it was worth it, because the scale was down.

I'm starting over. 1 night with no snacking! Last time I strung together over 30 nights, let's see if I can do even better this time...
Old 05-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 194/162/140
WOE: Atkins'92
I would like to join your group. I'm not following a true diet plan as such. Protein drink mid-morning, LC lunch or another Protein drink and a regular dinner, with meat, veggies and salad. I can have what I call a good day and then blow it all in the evening. Night time noshes do me in. I'm also trying to quit smoking so it's a double whammy.
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #275
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post
I would like to join your group. I'm not following a true diet plan as such. Protein drink mid-morning, LC lunch or another Protein drink and a regular dinner, with meat, veggies and salad. I can have what I call a good day and then blow it all in the evening. Night time noshes do me in. I'm also trying to quit smoking so it's a double whammy.
We are all struggling here and welcome another who may be able to give us all insight, advice or suggestions!

Glad to have you on board!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hey, where is everybody? Am I the only one who hasn't kicked the night-time snacking habit??

In any case, I went to bed absolutely starving last night - stomach growling, etc. but I didn't snack. And it was worth it, because the scale was down.

I'm starting over. 1 night with no snacking! Last time I strung together over 30 nights, let's see if I can do even better this time...
I'm still here and now dealing with daytime overeating since coming back from vacation.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I'm still here and now dealing with daytime overeating since coming back from vacation.
Welcome back, Linda. So sorry to hear this Has anything changed since you came back diet wise?
Old 05-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post

Welcome back, Linda. So sorry to hear this Has anything changed since you came back diet wise?
Thanks for the welcome!! The only thing that changed was I was eating too much during the day while on vacation and not eating intuitively then, and now I can't get back in the groove at the moment. I will, it will just take time to get my mindset back!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:52 AM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome!! The only thing that changed was I was eating too much during the day while on vacation and not eating intuitively then, and now I can't get back in the groove at the moment. I will, it will just take time to get my mindset back!
Give it some time Linda. You have done it before and you will do it again !!!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinigirl
Stats: 160/158/145/139/132
WOE: Moderate Carbs.
Start Date: April 1st 2013
I still read just been busy.. I should not have purchased nuts been snacking r the past two nights going to feed the balance to our chickens..like every one here it comes and goes.
Trinigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
would like to join. I snack at night too..... doing LC , but if I binge/splurge it is almost always at night !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinigirl View Post
I still read just been busy.. I should not have purchased nuts been snacking r the past two nights going to feed the balance to our chickens..like every one here it comes and goes.
I know, nuts are so addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
would like to join. I snack at night too..... doing LC , but if I binge/splurge it is almost always at night !
Laura!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #283
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I absolutely cannot have nuts in the house, I can't walk away from them!

So, my eating this weekend was not the greatest, although I didn't really snack - so that is a plus. In any case, I plan to have a very strict week leading up to the long weekend.

How about you all? Let's all rein it in this week and feel great about our choices as we head into Memorial Day!! Who's in???
Old 05-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I gave up on doing 5:2 because the low calorie days were too much of a struggle. I'm back to strict low carb, and haven't been tempted to overeat or binge at night in quite some time. I hope everyone is doing well!
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #285
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Hi. I just found you. Thanks for the link, Beebs, in the ML 'evening snacking' thread.

I'm not diagnosed, but I'm sure I have night eating syndrome.
I fell off the LC wagon hard for most of 2013, but I just crawled back on, and I'm finding it much easier to manage my night eating while I'm not full of carbs.

I need to go back and read this whole thread, but I'm glad I found you.
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by emel View Post
Hi. I just found you. Thanks for the link, Beebs, in the ML 'evening snacking' thread.

I'm not diagnosed, but I'm sure I have night eating syndrome.
I fell off the LC wagon hard for most of 2013, but I just crawled back on, and I'm finding it much easier to manage my night eating while I'm not full of carbs.

I need to go back and read this whole thread, but I'm glad I found you.
and so glad to have you join us! Any help, ideas, suggestions and experiences are always something we all can use so post often!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #287

So....my night time binging has come back in the last couple of weeks and I have gained weight! NOT HAPPY!!

I decided to try something that I have been reading over and over again; I'm eating breakfast! I never eat breakfast and usually wait to eat until around noon or so. I'm pretty hungry at that point and find I'm overeating. Then I'm not really hungry at dinner and when I am it's later and then the dinner turns into a binge fest!

I have eaten breakfast yesterday and now today and I will say I stayed full longer yesterday, having a little bit for lunch instead of a sumo wrestler's fair, and dinner was smaller, too PLUS ate my dessert and that was it for the night, really wasn't hungry, at least not to the point I needed to eat something so I didn't!

Will this stick? Who knows but I gotta do something! I just intend to stop this binging once and for all!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 06-04-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Old 06-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
So....my night time binging has come back in the last couple of weeks and I have gained weight! NOT HAPPY!!

I decided to try something that I have been reading over and over again; I'm eating breakfast! I never eat breakfast and usually wait to eat until around noon or so. I'm pretty hungry at that point and find I'm overeating. Then I'm not really hungry at dinner and when I am it's later and then the dinner turns into a binge fest!

I have eaten breakfast yesterday and now today and I will say I stayed full longer yesterday, having a little bit for lunch instead of a sumo wrestler's fair, and dinner was smaller, too PLUS ate my dessert and that was it for the night, really wasn't hungry, at least not to the point I needed to eat something so I didn't!

Will this stick? Who knows but I gotta do something! I just intend to stop this binging once and for all!!
Beeb, this is great news! I was going to suggest a good breaskfast (Like an egg, and 2 slices bacon - maybe some fruit) to you because I know that if I don't eat a good breakfast, I tend to eat more at night, and snack and not feel satiated overall. That's just me, but I'm a breakfast eater. I've noticed that even if I'm not super hungry in the morning, if I don't eat breakfast, there will be way more munching later on. I hope the streak continues for you!

This is the part about intuitive eating that I feel they don't tell you. Yes, you should learn your hunger signals and eat to satiety, but sometimes we need to eat to keep our blood sugar stable so that we don't go into crash mode later. Even if we aren't "starving," sometimes we need to eat. It is a tough balance and I struggle with it. I also struggle with the notion that it's ok to be hungry. I won't die, I will get to eat at some point, and I will eat again after that, so no need to eat everything I have in one meal.

I wanted to plug the Younger (Thinner) You Diet again - the book about balancing your brain chemistry through food. Author is Dr. Braverman. I found it really, really helpful. I don't take every book I read as the cardinal rule, but I pick up good bits here and there and stash them in my pocket.

I might also suggest that you strive to eat maintenance calories. I'm not sure if you are still dieting, but restricting can lead to binging and for me, it has taken several months of maintenance to even feel halfway decent (like I'm getting enough food). Anyway, just a thought.

Last edited by DD80; 06-06-2013 at 09:56 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #289

Well, breakfast yesterday started me on a downward spinal of binge eating all day after lunch (which I had only 2 hours after breakfast! ) I just ate and ate and by 11 PM I was still eating! As I reached AGAIN into the pretzel bag for the 100th time I got disguised!!

I got up, got the garbage pal, went into my walk in pantry and started to THROW EVERY SINGLE THING THAT I KNOW I LIKE TO BINGE ON IN THE GARBAGE!! Bag after box after bag after box.....all gone now! THEN I did the same thing in the fridge/freezer!!

I am not bringing these binge type foods back into my house! I am better than this binging and I deserve to be healthy and happy and binging DOES NOT make me either!

One day at a time, one step at a time!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

Good for you Linda!

I am starting fresh tomorrow (well, actually right now). I have 3 foods that I binge on and they are going on the NO NO list.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #291

Well, here I am, no change and binging has returned....that is all I have to report.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #292

Gallery: jiggles
(((Beeb)))
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I can so sympathise Linda, I have been there. Sending you much love n hugs x I don't know if you have read Brain Over Binge, but it is the most logical, helpful book on binging I have ever read, written by a sufferer who found a workable solution. Its on Amazon xx
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I can so sympathize Linda, I have been there. Sending you much love n hugs x I don't know if you have read Brain Over Binge, but it is the most logical, helpful book on binging I have ever read, written by a sufferer who found a workable solution. Its on Amazon xx
I have read this and several other books and even though they have such wonderful insight/info/ideas I am not a typical binger. I don't binge on just one type of food; carbs, fat, junk, etc. but I binge on ALL foods and sometimes very good foods like fruits and veggies, and mostly at night. I don't hide my food binges. I don't eat until I'm so full I'm in pain but just eat too much stuff at night. Night Eating Syndrome fits me to a tee but there is nothing written about it except what it is; no help, no ideas, and very little info.

I'm so afraid of setting the binge monster in motion again that I just can't even think about doing a diet! I'm in a terrible place and can't seem to find a way out! I know, be positive but even that doesn't help!! I still eat all night and loath myself in the morning!

I am stopping eating at 8 pm now but let me tell you it's so hard! My mind says "HEY, we are suppose to be eating now, what's up"?! And it doesn't let up until I fall asleep!

I fight it every single night!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #295
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie

I started crocheting in the evenings to keep my hands busy.
I also added a cup or two of yerba mate tea after dinner. Of course now I'm up going to the bathroom at 2am since it's slightly diuretic to me
That seems to help quite a bit.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #296

I have found this to be the best thread to post on for my binging issues because everyone here is so supportive and acknowledges all the people on here, never leaving anyone out! You guys are a bunch of wonderful LCFs and I'm glad you joined me on this thread!

Getting back on track again. I have taken the advice of lots of good people on this board and cut my carb intake down. It is helping with the "head hungry" I believe, and making me "think" before I eat anything.

I still have that "LET'S HAVE FUN AND EAT" (which is NOT FUN actually) binge feelings at night but I'm doing other things to keep it at bay, like watching the food network and their "rescue" shows for bars and restaurants that are failing. I these types of shows!

I'm also loosely counting calories. NOT something I want to do because of fear of the binge monster and me getting obsessed, but when I counted my calories on Thursday just to see what I was really eating all day I was shocked, and this was without a binge episode! I'm making it a firm point to not be obsessed with it like I usually do with any restrictive WOE, and I'm don't really have a calorie limit for the day but I am mindful if I see myself getting close to on calories. It does help me to re-think whether I'm REALLY hungry or just head hungry, and it's usually the head that is what is happening. I will eat, though if I'm truly hungry. Calories do NOT determine whether I should eat or not but my intuition and thoughts on whether I am or not hungry are my deciding factor.

Even though I have gotten suggestions to plan my menu/calories for the day that, I know, sets up the mind set of "oh no, can't have, must eat this/that, too many calories, etc. that is at the root of my binging, I've figured out. It's the "restriction" of anything, be it time to eat or food (like I have said in other posts) that sets my binging on the road to destruction. It comes from childhood issues and these I've now started to work on all out to get rid of once and for all.

My inspiration to do all this is; get mentally healthy again and lose weight to fit in all those wonderful summer clothes that I can't now! I refuse to buy another piece of clothing so getting into these clothes is my goal.

I'm also riding my bike with DH or walking. Can be a computer potato and sit here ALL day, if I allow myself to do so, and this behavior needs to be watched and re-thought. Also laziness seems to be my biggest problem because I'm actually never bored, thank goodness.

Slow and steady, one day at a time as I have been saying all along, and watching, acknowledging, and re-thinking actions and reactions for now.

How is everyone else doing? Check in and let us know!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #297
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
I have allowed myself to have what I want 1-2 evenings in the last week keeping a close eye when doing so on the total number of calories/carbs for the day, coming in at about 2000 calories and 100 carbs. I eat the carbs within one hour CAD style and find that I am not hungry most of the next day so I burn them off I guess. The first day I did this I was only up .4 of a pound, the second time during the week that I ate the carbs my weight stayed the same. The really cool part is on the second day I have lost below the weight I was at before the carbs. I feel sooooooo much better not fighting the binges and my mood is more stable.

Last edited by jeaniem; 06-24-2013 at 08:35 AM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #298
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I haven't been around the thread for sometime, didn't feel like I had much to offer.

I am cautiously optimistic about something though..... I have been eating high fat, mod protein & low carb and the urge to overeat at night is down. I gave in to a big handful of chocolate chips last night, but only one handful. It would have turned into an all-night food fest before, you know because I already "blew it," so what the heck.

I'm not getting overly hungry with all the fat I have been eating, and if I do I eat something. One of my biggest downfalls before was getting too hungry and overeating. Once I had overdone it, it just continued all night. It has only been a few days though. I am down a little more than 5 lbs, so that is happy news. I keep my carb count so low with this plan, that even with my chocolate chip debacle I was still only at 50 carbs for the day and no damage on the scale this morning.

I bought Dana Carpender's new fat fast cookbook. I'm not doing the low calories of a fat fast, but the recipes look good and will fit in my plan- I'll just add more protein and some veggies to the rest of my meals.

7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won! 9/14/14- Title 9K- I won! 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K- I won! 12/7/14- Jinglebell Rock 5K- I won!
2/7/15 - Together Love Run 5K, 3/22/15- She is Beautiful 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #299
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:

I'm also riding my bike with DH or walking. Can be a computer potato and sit here ALL day, if I allow myself to do so, and this behavior needs to be watched and re-thought. Also laziness seems to be my biggest problem because I'm actually never bored, thank goodness.
This is true for me too. I find a walk or bike ride at night is very helpful to me to keep me from overeating. I have been making a concerted effort to make dinner earlier now that it is summer and work has backed off. That allows me time to "do" something after dinner and not just watch TV and think about food.

I also seem to be able to get to bed earlier and not being tired during the day is helpful. I can get up early enough to have time for a walk before work, which sets me up for success for the rest of the day.

I have known all of this for years though- it only occasionally takes hold. I guess I'll just ride it as long as I can.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda- glad to hear that you are getting back on track. It is amazing when we add up all those calories. They sure add up quickly.

Jeanie- so happy to hear that your new plan is working. I also can not go without carbs for too long. Fantastic that you are able to lose weight as well

Gina- looks like you are doing well with your new plan. Keep up the good work girl. I would like to buy the fast fat book but it is only available in kindle version. I have not graduated to it yet

I have been doing well. Back on JUDDD and no binging. Staying far away from honey witch is my downfall. I have been eating moderate carbs on most UD and low carb on DD. I am done eating very low carb. Just can't do it anymore.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html