Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Here be me.

Had to make a lightning overnight trip from NC to GA to do a walkthru on the new house. After we arrived (four hour drive), the builder had to postpone the walkthru. Result? A wasted 600 mile round trip and a night spent on a friend's couch (with her very cuddly doggie)...another trip to make in a day or two...and a deep sense of curiosity about why, after getting the CO and us paying to have the house inspected, the builder completely tore out and replaced several walls.

I think I have adrenal fatigue...or maybe it is just garden-variety, well-earned exhaustion. PHD or no PHD, it is a good thing today is a DD...otherwise I might just drown my stress in chocolates and pinot noir.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Here be me.

Had to make a lightning overnight trip from NC to GA to do a walkthru on the new house. After we arrived (four hour drive), the builder had to postpone the walkthru. Result? A wasted 600 mile round trip and a night spent on a friend's couch (with her very cuddly doggie)...another trip to make in a day or two...and a deep sense of curiosity about why, after getting the CO and us paying to have the house inspected, the builder completely tore out and replaced several walls.

I think I have adrenal fatigue...or maybe it is just garden-variety, well-earned exhaustion. PHD or no PHD, it is a good thing today is a DD...otherwise I might just drown my stress in chocolates and pinot noir.
Holy cow Nancy, that is one boat load of stress! That would have sent me on an eating binge for sure. Hoping your next trip is fruitful!! That is the pits! I BET your are feeling fatigued after all of that. Crossing fingers the rest goes smoothly with your new house!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Alle alle oxen free..... where are all the PHD buds? Dawnyama- what was the doctor seeing when she just looked at you and said adrenal fatigue?

All my symptoms were pointing her in that direction. But if you look at the symptoms for thyroid and adrenal fatigue they are exactly the same. The reason that brought me to her in the first place--thyroid. I had never heard of adrenal fatigue. I am tired all the time despite sleeping all night, no motivation to do anything, i start books/projects and cannot finish them, am freezing cold all the time, at the time I was at a high weight with no hope of getting the weight off despite trying, and could go on. I also have no interest in my DH. Poor thing. He feels so dejected/rejected not to mention that my mom, grandma and great-grandma have thyroid issues. So, that all led me to the conclusion my thyroid is not working right. As these things continue on today---3 years later. So not just thyroid & adrenal fatigue is my issues. I also have sex hormonal imbalance and back then I had high fasting blood sugar (not now thank God ) I was/am a mess My main complaint now is that every little thing and every one thing is bugging the he** out of me. I am blowing things all out of proportion and it is just getting worse. So I am a big mess.....still, 3 years later but trying to get better.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I could sense this. I am hoping that the supplements and meds work to get you where you need to be. I don't know much about the bio-identical hormones but I do know that our adrenals can be wiped out in an instant. When my daughter started explaining to me everything she is facing today with her babies health and trying to make her home ready to sell, plus find a new home in the right school district, plus juggle her daycare, I said "NO wonder you are stressed!!!!" I feel stressed just listening to her.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
All my symptoms were pointing her in that direction. But if you look at the symptoms for thyroid and adrenal fatigue they are exactly the same. The reason that brought me to her in the first place--thyroid. I had never heard of adrenal fatigue. I am tired all the time despite sleeping all night, no motivation to do anything, i start books/projects and cannot finish them, am freezing cold all the time, at the time I was at a high weight with no hope of getting the weight off despite trying, and could go on. I also have no interest in my DH. Poor thing. He feels so dejected/rejected not to mention that my mom, grandma and great-grandma have thyroid issues. So, that all led me to the conclusion my thyroid is not working right. As these things continue on today---3 years later. So not just thyroid & adrenal fatigue is my issues. I also have sex hormonal imbalance and back then I had high fasting blood sugar (not now thank God ) I was/am a mess My main complaint now is that every little thing and every one thing is bugging the he** out of me. I am blowing things all out of proportion and it is just getting worse. So I am a big mess.....still, 3 years later but trying to get better.
Oh Dawn, first you need some hugs and consolation! I am SO sorry for what you are going through. I relate to the family thyroid issues. My grandma had hers removed, my mom had thyroid cancer and my brother is having issues. It's so upsetting. I hope this all gets resolved for you and resolved quickly! you are following PHD, right? For some reason, I just have faith in its healing powers. It's been two months and I am seeing such a huge difference in my energy levels. Going wheat and grain free has made such a difference in my life and I am finally not having cravings and resorting to binging.

Hang in there Dawn!!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Isn't it amazing how our taste can change over the years?! Glad you enjoyed the liver.
So enjoyed your list. I will be trying some of these combos.

I was interested in the opioid info which did not appear in the quote. Sure explains why we are so drawn to that which is bad for us.

With no medical care, I sure hope we are right. For sure, this path can't be doing us any harm.
Cici & Bev, I am in total disbelief about the liver love. I was the first one to say, I can't do PHD, if I have to eat liver. And if I need to love organs to be a trueblue PHDer, then ....for the love of all that is good & holy! NO! I can't.
I even googled and searched for days to find supps to replace the nutrition of liver/organ meats. Fast forward to today, I find that I can eat pate just like Kristin, and I have been buying liver weekly from the grassfed source and cooking it for my dogs. Specifically, Sadie & Roxie have been in DOG heaven. But, now, I cut off a sliver daily and swallow and it is yummy. So, I began with US Wellness Liverwurst and have graduated to fullblown beef liver. Ta Da! I am a liver lover. How bout them apples?

I am not losing weight at a record pace, but then I never did prior to PHD, but the thing I have noticed, is that I am still moving downward. Not even doing IF, but 16 hour and I am moving the downward direction. I really don't think I saw this regularly even when true to ADF.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Here be me.

Oh boy, I am so sorry Nancy. What part of GA are you moving to? I think building or renovating a home is probably the most stressful project anyone can ever begin. I was the "project manager" on renovating the home that we bought for our 'FOREVER' home and I swear that killed me more than anything I have ever done in my life.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: picklepete
So I know "self improvement" type gifts are tacky but I sent PHD to my mother since she keeps asking questions about my WOE. She's stuck in that mode of "as long as it doesn't have X/Y/Z it's legal" and ends up living on natural/organic/GF snacks and desserts...
picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
So I know "self improvement" type gifts are tacky but I sent PHD to my mother since she keeps asking questions about my WOE. She's stuck in that mode of "as long as it doesn't have X/Y/Z it's legal" and ends up living on natural/organic/GF snacks and desserts...
I think that is a grand idea. I keep working on my family. If your mom is like I was when I first read it, my first thought was... this is what my parent's parents did naturally, and they knew nothing else. I look at it as "paleo gone extreme" plus traditional nutrition.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I think that is a grand idea. I keep working on my family. If your mom is like I was when I first read it, my first thought was... this is what my parent's parents did naturally, and they knew nothing else. I look at it as "paleo gone extreme" plus traditional nutrition.
Ya, the context of world cuisine makes it a lot easier to swallow. Nourishing Traditions did the same thing--make it familiar and tasty so you don't really notice the missing elements. VLC has a social outcast aspect that's hard to avoid.

Both my parents worked overtime as long as I can remember. They would take me shopping on the weekend to pick out 7 frozen barcode meals... and I was obese by age 8. I can't really feel upset either because every family I knew was lost in the same trap.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Cici & Bev, I am in total disbelief about the liver love. I was the first one to say, I can't do PHD, if I have to eat liver. And if I need to love organs to be a trueblue PHDer, then ....for the love of all that is good & holy! NO! I can't.
I even googled and searched for days to find supps to replace the nutrition of liver/organ meats. Fast forward to today, I find that I can eat pate just like Kristin, and I have been buying liver weekly from the grassfed source and cooking it for my dogs. Specifically, Sadie & Roxie have been in DOG heaven. But, now, I cut off a sliver daily and swallow and it is yummy. So, I began with US Wellness Liverwurst and have graduated to fullblown beef liver. Ta Da! I am a liver lover. How bout them apples?

I am not losing weight at a record pace, but then I never did prior to PHD, but the thing I have noticed, is that I am still moving downward. Not even doing IF, but 16 hour and I am moving the downward direction. I really don't think I saw this regularly even when true to ADF.
Sunday, this is gorgeous to read. I'm so happy for you.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hah! I did the same thing with my mom. She was trying to argue with me and I just wanted her to read the book to answer her questions. I was trying to make the point to her that I learned that you need a balance of nutrients- you need enough, but not too much and that some things should not be supplemented. I certainly have not defined my diet that clearly with the micronutrients, but eating this way gets me at least in the ball park.

Quote:
Ya, the context of world cuisine makes it a lot easier to swallow. Nourishing Traditions did the same thing--make it familiar and tasty so you don't really notice the missing elements. VLC has a social outcast aspect that's hard to avoid.

Both my parents worked overtime as long as I can remember. They would take me shopping on the weekend to pick out 7 frozen barcode meals... and I was obese by age 8. I can't really feel upset either because every family I knew was lost in the same trap.
At what point in your life did you make the change, Pete?

Quote:

I am so excited for you, you liver lover!! I am doing okay with the duck pate, but I know I need to move to lamb liver to get the copper benefit. The balance of copper to zinc kind of scares me. Don't be under, but don't be over. Bottom line- eat the liver. I will do so once I find grassfed. I know how excited dogs get over liver and I wonder what it is that they love so much. Maybe they can sniff out the nutrients! Liver magic.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
At what point in your life did you make the change, Pete?
Just last year (age 32)
Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have not been paying attention to my copper/zinc ratio. Too much liver could cause that? I have also been eating 2 brazil nuts per day. I guess it would show in my blood tests? Or not?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love that you are changing your health, Pete, and hope that your mom falls in love with the PHD as well.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Sunday, this is gorgeous to read. I'm so happy for you.
I saw that you are in the middle of another theatre production. I would love to see your shows. Have fun doing exciting things!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Just last year (age 32)
Oh you are lucky you started so young. But for me, I guess better late than never!!

Quote:
I have not been paying attention to my copper/zinc ratio. Too much liver could cause that? I have also been eating 2 brazil nuts per day. I guess it would show in my blood tests? Or not?
I am concerned about my balances of minerals because I now realize how out of whack I was with the way I was eating and supplementing before. I also think my Omega 6-omega 3 was really bad. I ate lots of chicken, not knowing the O6 and I baked goodies with lots of almond flour. With all the O6 and out of balance with O3, Iam sure I was contributing further to my weight problem.

The PHD book says too much copper isn't good, but a deficiency isn't either, so hard to know how to balance it if you don't really know what you are getting in the first place. I wish there was a tracker program that did your daily micronutrients. Just so I could log a week in and see how I am doing. Copper needs increase as zinc intake increases. The copper deficiency can lead to heart attacks. Excess copper damages the liver and kidneys. Paul recommends 2-4 milligrams per day of copper. I have no clue how much I am getting. I don't really eat the beef or lamb liver yet ( I will.... I will), oysters squid, or lobster. I do have dark chocolate, but not much. Supplements are subject to toxicity from the inorganic copper so eawting the beef/lamb liver is the way to go. BUT no more than 1/4 pound a week so you don't get excess! So really, we ALL need the same amount of copper? I still don't get that. Zinc should be between 15 milligrams and 40.

And if your zinc is too high so that it creates a copper deficiency, it more than doubles your prostate cancer risk. Not an issue for me... but... Excess zinc benefits pathogens.

What kind of blood tests do you get Sunday? My blood tests never check for stuff like that. My policy must just be too cheap do do nutritional testing!

I do admit I am not getting 3 egg yolks in a day. I can't seem to get that in with the other stuff within my 8 hour window. I have been doing the one yolk in my bone broth, but I am now not drinking the bone broth every day either.

Quote:
I saw that you are in the middle of another theatre production. I would love to see your shows. Have fun doing exciting things!

I would love to see them too!! How fun.

I thought my circadian rhythms were improving, but something is impacting them. I am waking up at 4:00 AM and not falling back to sleep. I don't like this at all. I have been doing the sunshine during the day, but it isn't improving it. Not sure why this has changed.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I think at some point, someone figured out that one oyster/day took care of the zinc. I have started eating one canned oyster first thing in the morning. That is when I am the most mature ;0. Am starting to not mind it. Actually, made myself a chart of sorts as sort of a check to be sure I get in the basics. It is so easy to just eat my favorites otherwise and leave out the new stuff. Even though I love vegetables, they are never the thing I think of when hungry so the chart reminds me to eat them at every meal as well as getting in my salmon, sardines, liver, oyster, eggs. I don't think it is necessary to supplement selenium beyond the egg yolks so not worried about nuts. I think I am about 90% PHD at this point. No grass fed critters, but do have antibiotic and hormone free lamb, veal and occasional chicken and so called cage free eggs but I suspect they are not as liberated as they should be. I add no nut or seed oils anymore. Mostly organic veggies. Very occasional fruit, mostly berries. Seem to make better choices if I leave wine for the occasional night out. Indulge in one chocolate bar on shopping day. I eat the whole thing in the car on the way home. It is my "you can have" that keeps me out of the binge isles.

Things I still need to work on to lose weight:

I still overeat rice every time.
I still eat for other reasons beyond hunger.
I still eat coconut oil on starches.
Still don't often get a 16 hour fast but am naturally swinging into a few DDs/week never white Knuckle low or UUAA. More like 800/1800.

Bev, do you have daylight savings time? My rhythms changed when the clock changed, fortunately for the better. Can't believe I am sleeping 8 hours or more every night. Never before in my memory have I slept like this.

July challenge
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cici, you sound like you have made great strides!! That is good news.

I just can't do any oyster and even if I could eat one, I have no idea how that would balance with my copper intake since I don't know what it is. I do eat the two brazil nuts for selenium daily and I am a naughty girl about the egg yolks.

Great minds think alike! I just started a chart too so I can try to keep it straight in the beginning. 2 oz liver on Sunday and thursday. Salmon on monday. yada yada...

A couple of things I have learned-- I can't eat rice at all as I will binge afterward. I can't buy potato chips even those made in olive oil as I eat the whole bag. I can't eat a piece of chocolate a night. Like you, I just eat the whole bar and that is my dose for the week. Oh and I developed this love for Barefoot Bubbly pink sparkling moscato. It isn't a red wine with all those benefits, so i try to really limit this.

I am thrilled you are sleeping so well now. i can't wait to hear how that benefits you!

Cici you may have hit the nail on the pillow with the daylight savings! It started up around then now that I think of it. Hopefully I will adjust soon!!

Last edited by sungoddess; 03-21-2013 at 06:06 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cici= Do you think your improved sleep is also related to your bone broth? From MDA-

On gelatin- Improvement of sleep quality when taken before bed. A “bolus ingestion of glycine” produced “subjective and objective” measurements of sleep quality in people. I’ve been having a cup of bone broth (high in gelatin, which is high in glycine) before bed lately, and I can corroborate the study’s findings.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Cici= Do you think your improved sleep is also related to your bone broth? From MDA-

On gelatin- Improvement of sleep quality when taken before bed. A “bolus ingestion of glycine” produced “subjective and objective” measurements of sleep quality in people. I’ve been having a cup of bone broth (high in gelatin, which is high in glycine) before bed lately, and I can corroborate the study’s findings.
Interesting about the bone broth and sleep. I have been wondering if the goodness that I feel from drinking the bb is in my mind or if it is real? I really like the stuff.

As far as being particular about the supplemental PHD foods, I am treating them as a supplement. I will eat as I remember, but it isn't every day.

I usually have 2 egg yolks, 2 brazil nuts, & a small sliver of liver daily.
I drink the bb, eat fish or shrimp, and load up on green veggies (swiss chard, spinach, kale, avocado, asparagus, zucchini), drink kombucha/ or coconut kefir, some fermented veggies or bubbies juice daily. I have a small amount of cold potato almost daily. No rice. I have a wonderful fried rice recipe that was on the PHD site, but I have not had time to make it. I have dark chocolate every single day. Even if it is just one square.

I have given up the evening wine, but will add that back in when I start to feel that I am ready. I don't know that it will happen. Only reason, is that I feel that is where I lost control food wise. Seems like I had to have forbidden foods, when I have a glass of wine. I do have a glass of pinot grigio when I meet up with bffs. I still have a nut problem, and that is my weakness. If I have a glass of wine, I will eat nuts, walnuts, mac nuts, pecans, & raw pumpkin seeds as if I will never see them again.

On the blood test, it is your basic hormone, thyroid, and lipid test. They also are able to assess calcium levels and liver enzymes as well.

Bev, I will study up more on the zinc/copper business and come back with anything I find. The website that I purchased for my logging is the one that has "fit" in it. I just went and checked and it gives me my copper, zinc, & selenium daily amts. If I am reading it right, I may need to quit taking the brazil nuts, because I am overdoing the selenium.

Last edited by sunday; 03-21-2013 at 08:14 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wonder if I should send an IM to Blue and Sven to make sure they know about our new PHD thread? I noticed that neither have been around, although, I know I have to take breaks from the pc every once in a while and they may feel the need to as well.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and I will not be making the chocolate tapioca again for a while. I went to town on that and it is ridiculous that I could not control myself.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Interesting about the bone broth and sleep. I have been wondering if the goodness that I feel from drinking the bb is in my mind or if it is real? I really like the stuff.

As far as being particular about the supplemental PHD foods, I am treating them as a supplement. I will eat as I remember, but it isn't every day.

I usually have 2 egg yolks, 2 brazil nuts, & a small sliver of liver daily.
I drink the bb, eat fish or shrimp, and load up on green veggies (swiss chard, spinach, kale, avocado, asparagus, zucchini), drink kombucha/ or coconut kefir, some fermented veggies or bubbies juice daily. I have a small amount of cold potato almost daily. No rice. I have a wonderful fried rice recipe that was on the PHD site, but I have not had time to make it. I have dark chocolate every single day. Even if it is just one square.

I have given up the evening wine, but will add that back in when I start to feel that I am ready. I don't know that it will happen. Only reason, is that I feel that is where I lost control food wise. Seems like I had to have forbidden foods, when I have a glass of wine. I do have a glass of pinot grigio when I meet up with bffs. I still have a nut problem, and that is my weakness. If I have a glass of wine, I will eat nuts, walnuts, mac nuts, pecans, & raw pumpkin seeds as if I will never see them again.

On the blood test, it is your basic hormone, thyroid, and lipid test. They also are able to assess calcium levels and liver enzymes as well.

Bev, I will study up more on the zinc/copper business and come back with anything I find. The website that I purchased for my logging is the one that has "fit" in it. I just went and checked and it gives me my copper, zinc, & selenium daily amts. If I am reading it right, I may need to quit taking the brazil nuts, because I am overdoing the selenium.
Sunday, I have been looking online like crazy for a program that will log the micronutrients of the foods I eat and total them for the day. I cannot find anything that will do it except for individual entries of foods and nothing to put into a food dairy. I figured they don't exist as many labels of food you eat don't break it down. So you have something that actually logged your selenium?? And other minerals? IF SO, I MUST HAVE it!!
I really like the one I use because of the huge database and I can put so many brands of foods I eat and restaurants I eat out at, but I really want to do the micros. So... the free version does not track those things, but you purchased yours. Can you just tell me what micros the purchased version tracks before I buy it? Does it do it by brands? If I put in Applegate uncured bacon would it give me the micronutients? Thanks for any help on this.

So you are over on your selenium with the two nuts? Do you know what you are eating that is satisfying your selenium needs without the nuts? Is it liver?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I wonder if I should send an IM to Blue and Sven to make sure they know about our new PHD thread? I noticed that neither have been around, although, I know I have to take breaks from the pc every once in a while and they may feel the need to as well.
I think that would be nice, just in case they didn't realize a new one was started. I miss having them around. There are so few of us on here and I value everyone's input so much. I hope the Jaminet's open a forum. I will still stay here of course, but I would like additional input. The Q and A he has is nice, but it's not a forum.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, and I will not be making the chocolate tapioca again for a while. I went to town on that and it is ridiculous that I could not control myself.
We all seem to have some triggers, don't we. My problems is I continue to buy the triggers thinking... well this time I will control it and portion it out. ... Ummm.... not!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday, please disregard my previous post asking about the tracker. I found it and see the micronutrients it will track and that you can set custom amounts. I might try logging in a few weeks to see how I am doing, but it is slow and tedious and I can't even get yukon gold potatoes. I imagine the premium version you have would be significantly better. Thanks for the tip on this.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think that would be nice, just in case they didn't realize a new one was started. I miss having them around. There are so few of us on here and I value everyone's input so much. I hope the Jaminet's open a forum. I will still stay here of course, but I would like additional input. The Q and A he has is nice, but it's not a forum.
I really enjoy every PHDer's input as well. I learn a lot from reading the Q&A, but feel lost with out a forum. I think the PHDers that are on MDA & Paleohack should come here and give us their input.

Bev, I bought the desktop version which was $29.95. They have a premium version that is 4.16 per month and I am not sure that I need that but may upgrade. The desktop allows you to use this sort of like an excel spreadsheet which is right up my ally. I have not played with it as much as I should and will spend more time when I can in the next month.

Here is one chart and I believe this is available even on the free version, you have to go to the bottom of the food log and then click on the tab that says RDA%.

When I get home and can pull up my desktop version, I can show you a better detailed chart. It also allows you to customize your nutrition goals and chart this to see how close you come to making your goal.
Attached Images
File Type: png RDA.png (5.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sunday, please disregard my previous post asking about the tracker. I found it and see the micronutrients it will track and that you can set custom amounts. I might try logging in a few weeks to see how I am doing, but it is slow and tedious and I can't even get yukon gold potatoes. I imagine the premium version you have would be significantly better. Thanks for the tip on this.
Yes, the paid for version incorporates every single food item that you have ever customized and saved, plus what they currently have in their database. I enter everything and the amounts of macros then save. In the paid for version, it automatically pops up when you start typing, for instance "Yukon gold" will pop up when you type in "Y". Makes it much faster and real user friendly.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes, the paid for version incorporates every single food item that you have ever customized and saved, plus what they currently have in their database. I enter everything and the amounts of macros then save. In the paid for version, it automatically pops up when you start typing, for instance "Yukon gold" will pop up when you type in "Y". Makes it much faster and real user friendly.
cool!! I see that doing a potato down day, the amount of potassium I am getting is off the charts. I hope I am not damaging myself doing that! I am already at 199% of the RDA and I haven't had dinner yet! I am thinking I will not eat these with bone broth as I see an estimate of potassium in bone broth is pretty high too - 400 mg in a cup.

Did you get nutritional data somewhere on bone broth to custom enter? I know it would only be a guesstimate as we all make it differently.

Last edited by sungoddess; 03-22-2013 at 03:33 PM..