Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: debbiejo
Stats: 218/218/130
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet

I happened to come across this book on Amazon last nite. I was doing some research for my daughter. My granddaughter has been diagnosed with a thyroid problem. She's only 9. I also have an under active thyroid. And so does my other daughter.

I started reading reviews on this book. They were pretty much all favorable. But I always take that with a grain of salt. People get paid to post good reviews. So has anyone followed this book or way of eating? I do agree with what he is saying concerning body types. We are not the same and what works for me may not work for you. One of the reviews brought up a good point. Back when Oprah had on the doctors from CAD. A month later she brought them back plus the same audience. Half had lost weight but the other half had not.

From what I could find I would be a type T. What rung my bell was over the weekend I was texting my sister. She has lost 50 pounds or more. She had not been dieting. The one thing she did do is give up coffee and sweets(she had become pre diabetic). I was asking her if she believed giving up coffee had helped her. And now I find this which is making sense.

I've been low carbing since Jan 1. I lost 9 pounds the first 3 days. I lost those 9 pounds because I was violently ill that first week with that stomach flu bug that had gone around. All together I have lost 11. I have lost inches and I am happy with my 11 pounds but this is always how it is for me. I can lose 10-15 pounds and that's it. No matter how I eat or exercise 10-15 pounds is it for me.

If I do decide to follow this plan I will not add back in the breads and such. After reading wheat belly that cured me of that. But maybe the coffee/caffeine is what's hindering my weight loss.

Does anyone else have any input on this?
debbiejo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeelover
Stats: 237/just restarted/125 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Not too long ago I tried this plan. I even paid the co-author of the book to take a look at pictures of me and determine my type. Turns out that I'm an A (Adrenal) type and I was to follow a no-red meat diet. Good foods for me was fish, turkey, low-fat dairy, starchy carbs like peas, potatoes, etc. I was to wait to eat between meals a certain amount of time, 6 hours between lunch and dinner. Absolutely no snacking for A types. I'm not sure if it was unhealthy or not but I was starving and miserable. So that was the end of that!
coffeelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
I have noticed if I cut out diet soda I lose quicker, and I can eat the same exact thing 2 days in a row, I have different results if I have the diet soda versus if I dont. I found that rather interesting!
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote