Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
I mailed my program back for a refund. I didn't feel well and was too hungry, I didn't want to get food obsessed and binge. I was up today too, lots of salty ham.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Oh, dear, bought Easter Candy...I'm not usually a sweet eater, but those malted milk eggs are calling me!
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

I have been having trouble sticking with it this week. Eat well all day, and then eating chips late at night. i don't even like them! So I need to get my head in this.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

down .5 lb, eating right this week and to the gym gym gym for better results
Old 03-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mackstrat
Stats: 205.8/190.0/135.0
WOE: Liquid Amino
Start Date: Feb 2013
Hello There

Hi, I'm Mackenzie. I am almost a full month into phase 1 of LAD, and I have lost 16 pounds. I am just looking for some others who are also doing this program.

I am a college student, was an athlete in HS and found that I got really lazy without sports so through my first 2 years of college I've gained about 55-60 pounds

My mom and I found this diet and have had good results with it. My main concern is that if I start phase 2, I will gain weight. Same with phase 3. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I won't be transitioning yet, but I'm just concerned. I need to keep myself losing. I need to get healthy again.

I am a novice runner, set to run my first 5K in may. So that is a good way to make me more active. I work out 3-5 times a week, usually before work.

Anyway, that is all I wanted to say! Hope to get acquainted with you ladies.
mackstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lauren and Mackstrat! Your posts are so encouraging! I have been waffling for the last two weeks, but still haven't gained any back and am back on the program.
Mackstrat you still have 2 months to go on this program before you have to get onto phase two. I wouldn't stress too much about it...but I know what you mean! They tell you to increase calories, but eat the same food for a week then slowly introduce new (old) foods and watch your weight closely to see how you react. It's always easier to "diet", it's the lifestyle change that is hard. Some foods may make you gain, but you will know what they are and they will be your "trigger" foods. The most important thing is every day is a new day. No looking back!
I was also an athlete in college (many years ago) and until 4 years ago was running 3-5 miles a day and in the past 5 years have had some serious injuries that have made exercising painful. I gained 30 pounds in a year! I am trying to overcome the injuries and eat right.
Lauren, I TOTALLY get it about the coffee...I have found that good quality (I can't mention name brands...but think Ethiopian and French roast as well as good quality organic) are easier to drink with no cream (I have never done sugar). Sometimes I put a tiny amount of unsweetened dark cocoa in it and it makes a huge difference! I am currently on a stall. That TOM, and it seems to come no matter what diet I do. But it usually resolves after. I have found that I don't have the horrible PMS or cravings I used to doing this. I am going to do a VLCD after it this month to get things moving on the scale again.
I am SO HAPPY you both have joined. I had just about given up and felt like I was the only one doing this. So great to hear about your friend losing 87 lbs!!!! You have given wind under me to keep me going!

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7

Last edited by cheftrish; 03-17-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Old 03-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

VLCD today to get things going again. How are you guys doing?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lauren311
Stats: 203.8/199.4/160
WOE: Liquid Amino Diet
Start Date: 3/7/2013
Hi...ugh, it's slow going, I shouldn't complain, but it's annoying. I am on day 13 and down 5.6lbs total. I want to and should hit 30lbs by the end of April. This gives me 6 weeks. So we'll see. I have to stay strong, no cheats! My TOM is really messing with my loss though. I got it today so, I am hoping some of the water retention leaves! I HAVE to start the Apple Cider Vinegar routine though, sounds like it's a great booster and benefit.
lauren311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

That TOM really does mess with your head! I know! lol! I just ended and am down the 3 that I gained. Down 1 lb from before I started it.
I am also not losing the .5-1 lb that they promise, but as you can see from my previous posts I haven't been following it to the letter. Walked 3 miles today, had a protein shake and berries for breakfast, going to have a snack soon.
My DH is going to try this with me which I think will make it a lot easier! He doesn't need to lose any weight so their will have to be modifications for him. But not watching him eat ice cream and whatever else he wants will be helpful. I also have very skinny kids, they must have gotten this gene from my dh's side of the family, because even when I was working out regularly and running 10k's I had to watch what I ate. Life just isn't fair sometimes...But I need to get over that mindset (that it isn't fair), because it only makes me resentful and say, "Why can't I just have one bite?" Which is the slow road to failure since then I feel as though I've blown it for the full day and just let go and eat it all!
My goal this week is to walk 3 miles or go to the gym 5 days this week. Do you have any short term mini-goals? Let's post them so we can root each other on!
If you do cheat remember, it's not the end of the world, the day isn't ruined. Just get back on the wagon. The faster you do the easier it is to "catch-up". One day at a time, one week at a time. You can do it!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Down 1.2 today! My ultimate goal is to not be fat in my daughters graduation pictures...I mean, it's not about me, but I want to remember it as a happy time, not one where I am focused on my weight, but focused on her graduation and accomplishments.
I used ACV in dressings ( little bit of dijon mustard and stevia to sweeten), Sometimes I put it in water with a little stevia to drink and it's quite nice actually! Or I put a tiny drop in my tea (apple cinnamon tea).
Walked 3 miles on Wednesday, 4 miles yesterday. Going out tonight and tomorrow night with friends so that will be a challenge to find ANYTHING on the menu that is amino friendly.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lala7625
WOE: Liquid Amino Diet (LAD)
Start Date: March 22, 2013
LAD Newbie!

Hi all!

I'm on Day 2 of my first round of LAD....I've done HCG twice before with the first time being very successful (50+ lbs in 60 days) and the second time, well not as good as I just found it very difficult to get into the groove and quit a couple of weeks in, only losing 10 lbs. I'm hoping that the larger food list will help make the difference this time!

Take care,
Lauren
lala7625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lauren, Welcome! That is amazing success! I have not found the food list so restrictive, and I really like that you can eat REAL food! I especially like having fruit in the morning!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluemoon
I'm about to start :)

Hi y'all! I have done hcg successfully before but have been unable to stick to it. I bought the amino diet a month ago but there is hardly any support (& I ont want to post on their fb account) that I haven't started. Looks like there is a couple starting now so, I'll join this weekend. The hardest part is deciding my food plan. Good luck.
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Leetlsees
New to this forum

Hi everybody. I have been doing this diet for nine days. Have lost 13 pounds. I am MUCH happier with this plan than with HCG. It seems much easier and more sensible than HCG. I did that diet 1 year ago and was OK with it, but, it was so much more restrictive than this one. I Believe I will be able to transition much easier with this and able to stick to it. NO cravings what so ever and no hunger, in fact I sometimes have a hard time eating all the food. This diet really seems to be working!!
Leetlsees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Wow!! Your doing so good, can you give me samples of your menu? I'm trying to plan a couple meal plans. When I was on HCG, I just kept it easy..chicken twice a day, apple twice a day, a select few veg a couple times..can I literally just do chicken 5 times a day? I so scared to complicate this bc I'm not a cook.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Hi BlueMoon and Leetslees!
Leetslees, Please post a typical menu for a day, I think we can all learn from it! I have managed to lose 8.5 lbs...in a month!!
Does anyone have any mini-goals for the week? My mini goal is to hit 10,000 steps 4 days this week. So far Sunday and Monday I have done it...
My second goal is to drink water like it's my JOB!!
I agree, it is hard to get all that food in, I think I actually don't make it some days and that might be stalling me.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member

sample menu

Breakfast -
2 eggs scrambled with
1 cup mushrooms
a little diced onion
1 Tbls Olive oil

Snack -
10 almonds
1 cup raspberries

Lunch -
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 tomato
1/2 avocado
Lettuce
I throw some Frank's hot sauce on for the dressing

Snack -
protein shake

Dinner -
5 oz chicken
1 and 1/2 cup broccoli
sliced tomato
baked apple w/cinnamon Total calories 972
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Bluemoon, you can also have 2% cottage cheese - another BIG plus of this diet- and also 2% greek yogurt. Mix your fruit in it and I add cinnamon and sometimes a little stevia. also hard boiled eggs are a good protein option when you cant think of anything else.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Thanks looks easy enough. The book says 4% milk cottage cheese, so I bought that one. I'm going to plan some mels tonight or tomorrow. I bought Chicken, 98% lean ground beef, blueberries, strawberries and cottage cheese.

I'm going to buy: almonds, pinto beans (do u make your or buy a can?), lettuce

I'm 245 and will start Friday or Saturday

1st time on hcg went from 210 to 175 the first round then I got pregnant. My baby is now 14 months and I'm ready to knock off the weight. Wish me luck!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Leetsless!
The book does say 4% cottage cheese but when I called they said 2% was okay. Rasberries I thought were a no-no, but if you are losing on it then I wouldn't worry. When I called they told me that they have a higher glycemic index. You can also spread out your nuts throughout the day. No walk today but I did manage to make two drapery panels 4 more to go!. Want to get them finished before Easter! That's going to be a tough day, but I am making Salmon (not technically on the list) roasted and roasted vegetables. Hosting a potluck and just want to be sure I can eat too!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Good Luck you guys. I think we are all on the right path. Thanks for the heads-up on the 4% cottage cheese. The diet I"m on specified 2% but my Doctor has always said to stay away from Low-fat, No-fat. I was very apprehensive about the 2% but figured I would follow my diet's recommendations. Now I am definitely going to go to the 4%. Bluemoon - I buy my beans in a can, they are a store brand organic so not an unreasonable price and much more time efficient.
Good Luck, again!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #82
Junior LCF Member

I bought black beans and will cook them, next time I'll buy can. I'm really starting to get exited about it!!! I made my 1st meal plan and it was so easy!!! I'll start on Saturday!

Below is me planned diet:

Morning:
2 eggs with scrambled with Mushroom and Tomato
Blueberries

Snack:
Cottage cheese

Lunch:
Grilled chicken
Tomato

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Grilled Chicken with onions

243 this morning, I'm guessing I'll be 244-5 Saturday morning

Good luck ladies, I plan on posting daily and hope to see your updates too
Old 03-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Bluemoon, I like your menu but I have a question for all of you who have been doing this for a while can we eat fruit by itself or are we suppposed to have a protein with it? I think we are supposed to have a protein with it to lower the sugar uptake in our blood?
I have to say all of your postings here has really encouraged me this week! for the first three weeks it was just Jeanie and me. Then just me. Jeanie I hope everything is going well for you!
We can do this!

I am up today, but not going to get discouraged about it. Just one of those fluctuations that we all have to deal with at some point during the month!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Omg! Thanks for pointing that out, I am missing one portein..ill add cottage cheese to the 2nd snack

I'm happy that I found y'all. Can't believe how there is no other forum talking about it. I'm writing my 2nd meal plan today and cooking my beans.

I'm 242 today, we'll see what my starting weight is tomorrow.

Hope you get a reduction tomorrow!!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Also was wondering, for grilling and scrambling eggs...what do you guys use? A tiny bit of coconut oil? Fat/cal free spray?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

I put olive oil in a small squeezable bottle and drizzle it into the pan so I can control how much I put in. I also use a non-stick skillet. The only time I have a problem with it sticking is if I use more whites, or eggbeaters since there isn't enough fat in them and they stick.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

How did everyone do over the holiday weekend??
Old 06-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommeeof2
LAD Virgin!

Hello... I just started LAD last week. So far, I've lost 6 lbs., now at 136 (Started 6/10/13 at 142 lbs.) Some background: I'm 34 yrs old, 5'4", and have had 2 kids.
I gained almost 50 lbs being pregnant with my 1st and then couldn't get rid of the last 15 lbs, then I had my 2nd and haven't gotten rid of that weight gain. It has been really tough to diet because I just don't have the time to make my meals on top of making meals for the family. But, with LAD; I have managed through it (thus far) and I think it's somewhat working. I've done crash-dieting and all that, and I think this is probably much more manageable and tolerable than doing a "cabbage soup" diet for days to lose, just to gain it back.
Glad to have found this thread because the FB page is quite public, so it helps to be a bit more anonymous with this thread.
Which leads to a couple questions:
(1) Has anyone missed a dosage and what have you done when you have? Do you just take it shortly after your meal?
(2) What has been your experience when you "cheat" for one day? Do you just bounce right back into it the following day? How long do you experience a stall resulting from the "cheat"?

Well, as you all know, yesterday was Father's Day and there were just treats that I couldn't pass on... and unfortunately, my will power betrayed me and I had a piece of cake... yes! good ol' Hawaiian cake --- so yummy to pass! Well, needless to say, I feel horrible because I'm sure I've caused my body all sorts of damage with this diet and I have been doing so well... anyone out there have similar experience?

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from the group! :-)
Mommeeof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommeeof2
Looks like this thread might be done... :-( I was looking forward to hearing all about everyone's success with the LAD, but I suppose no one else has been logging in.

For those that will read this, I have lost a total of 13 lbs from using the LAD. I started at 142 lbs. with the LAD on 06/10/13 and today, 07/11/13, I am at 132 lbs., for a total loss of 10 lbs in one month! Not bad considering. I know LAD promises 0.5 to 1.0 lb loss per day, so that's pretty close... my average is about 0.3 lbs per day.

I did stick to the plan as stated and I had my cheat days (see previous post). There were times that I thought I was going to give up, but stuck through it and I did lose the weight! The coaches have said that somtimes it's harder to lose the last 10-15 lbs., which is what I wanted...

Anyway, good luck to all those out there that is doing this and I hope you all a very healthy lifestyle! I'll be checking in here and there to see if anyone else has posted. But for the last month, it's been pretty quiet.

'til next time! Hope to read some more success stories!
Mommeeof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sariahjane
Food List

Hi Ladies, I have done the Amino Diet before - it works great to drop several pounds in a couple of weeks and helps me gain momentum. I have the drops, but I just moved and cannot for the life of me find my booklet. Is there anyone on this thread who would be willing to send me a photo/scan of the approved foods list pages? I would be SO grateful.

Wishing everyone a successful day!
sariahjane is offline   Reply With Quote