Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wukong
WOE: low-glycemic diet plan
Start Date: Jan. 12th, 2013
Wow thanks Sharon! You are too!!! What a great example of how supportive you and the others are!
Wukong is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

4 months tomorrow, will post an update..
Old 05-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

End of Month 4 - I have now lost 36lbs and plan to lose 1 more pound though I'm less that my initial target weight. My virtual age now matches my physical age at 53 (dropped 15 virtual ages since starting), visceral fat is at 8, body fat is at 18% & muscle at 38%. What worked for me, calorie counting on a low-glycemic diet and 1 minute strength exercises 3 to 5 times throughout the day with 15 to 20 min. of walking / running every few days, may not work for everyone but it ) may not work for others but it has it's benefits.

The benefits to my health have been, more energy & more positive, less phlegm likely due to not eating as much wheat / dairy products, and healthier skin. Also, because this way of eating isn't too much different than before, less the process sugars, grains, and sugared drinks it should be easier to maintain. The test will come when I stop counting calories by the end of May to stabilize my weight and periodically monitor it to see if it stays consistent.
"The foundation for a successful weight loss program remains a combination of a healthy diet and exercise customized for you. Simply reducing food intake to lose weight can lead to a decline in muscle mass and bone density. So even though your weight goes down, your resting metabolism is reduced making the body more prone to putting on fat. More skeletal muscle can prevent "rebound" weight gain."
Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
You've been a great help with your example and advice you've given our Thread.

On your persistence and weight loss!

Although I haven't been as strict as you with this WOE - meaning low GI toast and butter in the mornings, I have thoroughly been enjoying it.

God Bless!

Last edited by Sharss; 05-12-2013 at 06:34 PM..
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
You've been a great help with your example and advice you've given our Thread.

On your persistence and weight loss!

Although I haven't been as strict as you with this WOE - meaning low GI toast and butter in the mornings, I have thoroughly been enjoying it.

God Bless!
I'm glad if I was some help and I do appreciate your encouragement / tips along the way. The nice thing about this woe is that now that I'm at goal I'm still eating the same way just adding in more healthy fats and more food in general. After reaching goal for me the body just needed to maintain for about a week before I could start adding calories, and, after that was able to add 100 calories or so a day for about 400 more calories to still maintain. Of course that is assuming the same levels of exercise as before... I finished here 37lbs lighter in 4 months, immune system much better (no cold / flu, and little to no allergies), lighter and more energetic. It'll be interesting to see what my blood work reveals as I was extremely high on bad cholesterol. You're almost at goal too
Old 05-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
WUKONG!

Wow! I can imagine how you feel meeting your Goal! With your persistence, I know you'll maintain just fine!

Yes, I'm sooo close to my Goal, but I also have hung in there even through the ups and downs of physical issues. I figure a few more weeks should definitely do it!

Good Luck and enjoy your new life style!
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote