Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   1-Ingredient Diet/Detox...very interesting. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/795372-1-ingredient-diet-detox-very-interesting.html)

LowCarbItalianGirl 01-25-2013 08:57 AM

1-Ingredient Diet/Detox...very interesting.

I've been using a refined paleo diet for that past year with good success. I still struggled with bloating and bouts of constipation (sorry to be so descriptive :o)

I'm what you call a google godess, I truly think I'm addicted at this point. On December 28, I found something that really struck me. I noticed a nutritionist using a 1-Ingredient diet to help boost your digestion and somehow benefit digestive tract with certain foods that contain only one ingredient. It led me to her site where I noticed there was a 21 day digestive health cleanse system. Have any of you heard of Stella Metsovas? I went toher website and I guess she is known for recommending foods for digestion.

In the book, i found it almost comforting that so many of her clients had struggled with digestion. I'm on day 12 now and defintley feel less bloating . Bathroom time has become so much better. The food is low carb and recipes are really easy to prepare and best of all (as she claims on the book), no juicing.

Have any of you done this?

LowCarbItalianGirl 01-27-2013 09:30 AM

Now on Day 14 with 7 days to go. I noticed a little bit of a slump the other day (probably due to the weather). Today I fell absolutely fantastic! Eliminated this morning with my stool being what Dr. Oz describes as being healthy. I still have yet to experience the bloating as I had before. When I changed my diet to paleo, I had some problems digesting some of the protein so I began taking hydrochloric acid. Helped somewhat, although I still had bloating issues and delayed bathroom time. I thought about writing this morning because I wondered if anyone had any similar issues with going paleo (bloating/constipation).

Anyhow, feeling fantastic! Down another 3 pounds since 1/25. Ya! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

LowCarbItalianGirl 01-27-2013 09:32 AM

She has these kale shots for the superfood section that are totally amazing btw.

14days 01-27-2013 02:58 PM

KOOL.......can you give an outline of the foods?

LowCarbItalianGirl 01-29-2013 08:35 AM

Low carbohydrate foods like dark greens, blueberries, broths, fish, seaweed. Just had my first kale shot of the day. On week 3 now! I'm going to extend this diet for at least another couple weeks. She advises to add food items back in slowly. I wonder how wired I'll be after my first espresso after such a long time without.

LowCarbItalianGirl 01-30-2013 07:36 AM

Day 17 and feeling like I'm 17 again! Yippee!!!!!!! :sing:

LowCarbItalianGirl 02-05-2013 01:06 PM

Technically I'm finished with the 21 Days...but...

I'm still going strong! I made another batch of her bone broth recipe and made enough to last a couple months. Honestly, I do not want to add anything back in because I feel so darn good. Has anyone ever done a fast/cleanse and became fearful of going back? I'm worried if I add stuff back into my diet I'll get backed up again (#2 in the bathroom :sad:)

14days 02-07-2013 01:13 PM

Mmmmm well nope.... I go all the time!!!! It's annoying