Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #121
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kelloon
Stats: 180/174/145
WOE: LC/IF
Start Date: June 2013
Thanks, Cheri! I will most likely need your help. I tend to do things the long way when it's not so difficult, but in the end that really does waste a lot of time.

I read your story and found it very inspiring. I'm glad I found this forum!
Kelloon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
I think this is a great WOE, BUT and this is a a big ol' butt, does coffee with hwc start the ball rolling? I drink 2 maybe 3 cups of joe in the am with cream in it. Then I don't have to eat for several hours, but was hoping once I ate something physical began the 8 hour window. I know BPC does not break a fast so wondering if my coffee would?
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I drink one 8 oz coffee after I have my first lemon/water/acv of the day. I add 1 tbsp of half n half and 1 tbsp of MCT. Jaminet believes the fast continues as long as you spare protein. He claims 1 tbsp would not interfere. I don't know how people can drink more than one coffee in the morning, because I am wired pretty good with the one.

Mama, how many tbsp are you speaking of?
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
I am eating the 8 hour IF like you guys, I think it's great.
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I drink one 8 oz coffee after I have my first lemon/water/acv of the day. I add 1 tbsp of half n half and 1 tbsp of MCT. Jaminet believes the fast continues as long as you spare protein. He claims 1 tbsp would not interfere. I don't know how people can drink more than one coffee in the morning, because I am wired pretty good with the one.

Mama, how many tbsp are you speaking of?
WELL, I don't measure I just swirl ...I suppose if I have to measure I will Probably 4 total for the morning? I know with bpc it is 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon mct or coconut oil. lots of fat, but I don't think either of those have protein?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Oh geez, only another small issue...food o.k. end in 8 hours, but what about a smudge of veno at the end of a busy farming day?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Day Two

Well, I made it through Day One. Actually, without a problem. I was a teeny disappointed that there was no change on the scale or my body fat, but I have to admit that it shouldn't be much of a surprise given all the extra food I ate the day before. I had really pigged out; and even though it was low carb and, fortunately, didn't kick me out of ketosis, it was certainly enough fat for at least a few days' worth of eating.

I did kind of get hit in the face with some realizations today. I got good news; I wanted to eat. I got frustrated; I wanted to eat. I felt overworked; I wanted to eat. Basically, I want to respond to everything - good or bad - with food. How ridiculous is that? Very much an eye opener, I must say. To be quite honest, if it wasn't for posting on this forum yesterday, I probably would have given in to the urges. So thank goodness I did that.

I made it through the morning without eating until 12:00, which actually, hungerwise, wasn't all that difficult, much to my surprise, although I was busy with work and wouldn't have been able to eat anyway. Just the mental stuff was a challenge. I have just now closed the window and am not worried about making it till bedtime - again, hungerwise. I did get a sliver of a break in my schedule; so starting tomorrow I will be able to fit exercise in. I will run one 12-minute mile, with a few minutes warm up and cool down on either side in the mornings.

I do hope to see some results on the scale. Otherwise, I'm afraid I won't be around very long.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mama, Wine has no protein. So, I am saying yes!

Kelloon, I think that was my first discovery when I began fasting. I thought of food as an ancedote to any stress or worry. Isn't it strange that we don't realize this until we don't eat? Or can't for that matter? I promise it gets better. I am proof. I can't believe the change in my thinking about food. Oh, and I wouldn't weigh every day. I weigh once or twice per week, but the scale is slower with this type of fasting. Although, I don't have big bounces like I used to have. Just steady downward pace.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 06-14-2013, 03:47 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

I hate to ask so many questions, but according to Dr. J. do we know how many grams of protein starts the window? I was out of HWC and only had ff half and half. There is 1 g of protein per 2 TBSP. Is 2 grams enough to start the window
Old 06-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Are you saying 2 tbsp of half and half? That is fine! That would be the same as 1 tbs of cream.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucky777
Stats: Start Weight 211
WOE: 8 Hour Diet
Start Date: June 14 2013
Just starting 8 Hour Diet today!Glad I found all of you.Hoping to lose 50 lbs. and most importantly regain my energy,strength and stamina.I look forward to achieving my ticker so I have a visual of my weight loss.Thanks for all of your informative posts I'm really looking forward to this.I feel like this is a perfect fit for me!!
Lucky777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Progress!

After one day: +-0
After two: -1
After three: -1/2

Even better, all 1 1/2 lb loss has been fat

It's a good start!

Welcome Lucky777!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Kelloon! Just to let you know that your body will adjust to it and when that happens, the losses are not as fast. BUT, the great thing is that it continues!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LC Tulip
Stats: 140/138/125 5'6"
WOE: IF
I am a long-time dieter who subsequently developed eating disorders. I still want to be healthy (at 48) but have to be careful about plans that could trigger my ED. I was so excited to see The PBS special in March on the 5:2 diet. My Mom & I jumped right in. Even though the book warned against trying 5:2 if one has an ED history, I thought I could handle it. I was wrong. Soon I wanted to do 4:3 and then the binging started up again. (Same problems emerged when I tried JUDDDD.)

Previously I'd spent about a week doing 16:8 after reading The 8-Hour Diet and found that it totally annihilated my evening-binge urges (even though my window was quite early at 8 am to 4 pm). I quit b/c I thought I was losing too slowly.

Yesterday I stumbled back into 16:8 after overeating at breakfast and lunch. In a panic, I counted from my 9 am eat-starting time and decided to cut off at 5 pm. Guess what? I had ZERO desire to binge last night and even lost half a pound this morning (shocking, given how much I ate yesterday...had to be over 3000 calories).

So, though its far to late to make a long story short, I am sticking with the 8-hour window in the hopes that it will help me control my ED while still allowing me to be healthy and slim. I am sick of fighting this demon.

I'm so happy to be amongst you all!
LC Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/125/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi

I've been doing the 5:2 plan for 3 weeks. So far I do enjoy this WOE and hoping for the health benefits and to maintain my weight loss. I find this plan very manageable. I started the 5:2 plan at 123.8 & wanted to maintain or lose a few if possible. Today after 3 weeks I'm at 123.6. I was thinking of adding the 8 hour window to my current 5:2 plan. Hoping it might help keep me stable and perhaps get me to a lower weight range of 120-123. I don't eat past 7 pm as it is and dinner is usually at 6 pm so that would put my window from 10 am to 6 pm.

On my UD I eat healthy with nothing processed, no sugars only healthy fats, lots of protein, veggies & berries. DD I stick to 500 calories of 0 % Greek yogurt.

I am thinking to starting the 8 hour window tomorrow & hope to see less fluctuations on my UD and hopefully a more downward trend.
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:10 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
I've been doing the 5:2 plan for 3 weeks. So far I do enjoy this WOE and hoping for the health benefits and to maintain my weight loss. I find this plan very manageable. I started the 5:2 plan at 123.8 & wanted to maintain or lose a few if possible. Today after 3 weeks I'm at 123.6. I was thinking of adding the 8 hour window to my current 5:2 plan. Hoping it might help keep me stable and perhaps get me to a lower weight range of 120-123. I don't eat past 7 pm as it is and dinner is usually at 6 pm so that would put my window from 10 am to 6 pm.

On my UD I eat healthy with nothing processed, no sugars only healthy fats, lots of protein, veggies & berries. DD I stick to 500 calories of 0 % Greek yogurt.

I am thinking to starting the 8 hour window tomorrow & hope to see less fluctuations on my UD and hopefully a more downward trend.
You sound alot like me ..I am 5 ft. 4 and I think the weight I am at is exactly where I should be. I know when you get so close to goal, your body doesn't want to give it up. I have said see ya to the desire to loose more, but solely focus on health! Maybe you are where you should be weight wise...